AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-26, 22:22   Link #1
The Grand Empathy
The Dark Saviour

Angelic Serenade (ASDVD Love Story) and Magical Twirler Angel Rabbie (where to buy)

I saw the "where to buy" thread, but none of the sites featured these games. Himeya had the original CD version of AS, but I'm looking for the improved DVD version (and besides... They had the original for $94... O_o)

If you know of a site that has these games and will ship to the U.S. please tell me. I'd greatly appreciate it.
The Grand Empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 04:12   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Empathy
I saw the "where to buy" thread, but none of the sites featured these games. Himeya had the original CD version of AS, but I'm looking for the improved DVD version (and besides... They had the original for $94... O_o)

If you know of a site that has these games and will ship to the U.S. please tell me. I'd greatly appreciate it.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...330955-2652251
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...330955-2652251

I think they ship to the US.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 11:23   Link #3
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Unfortunately Amazon.co.jp does not ship software overseas. If you check down on Amazon.co.jp though, they have both for 9,853 yen, which is a good deal. You might want to consider using a proxy. A proxy like www.akibado.com which I've used in the past can get you those games in, but they do have fee's associated with thier service. The could give you a free quote if you wanted. On the off-note, you can also request himeya to add something to thier list, but himeya is a little notorious for high prices (Although shipping is dirt cheap from them).

But such is the troubles of importing games overseas.

I'm quite curious though, I havn't heard of either of those titles before, what lead you to wanting (or hearing) these titles? I'd have considered you perhaps an avid importer but you're asking where to get these games :P.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 14:09   Link #4
The Grand Empathy
The Dark Saviour

Tenbatsu! Tenbatsu! Tenbatsu! Tenbatsu!

Thanks for all the help you've given me so far.

Currently the interest in these games follows a chain...

Tenbatsu! theme> Tenbatsu! Angel Rabbie (the anime) > the games

The straming radio I listen to started playing the theme alot and it grew on me (and especially my friend) so I started looking into where it came from. Found out it was from Tenbatsu! Angel Rabbie, but I also saw that there was a game called Magical Twirler Angel Rabbie. After talking with people for awhile and asking some questions, I found out Angelic Concert and Angelic Serenade were also a part of the game series. When I started looking into them, they actually looked calm and serene, while staying lighthearted and began to seem far more appealing than even the anime was. So, me being obsessive, I've been after them like crazy since I found out about them...

Hopefully I may be able to get them for my birthday... My parents are already getting me a watch, but you only turn 18 once, so maybe I can coax them into getting me these as well.
The Grand Empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 15:19   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Empathy
Thanks for all the help you've given me so far.

Currently the interest in these games follows a chain...

Tenbatsu! theme> Tenbatsu! Angel Rabbie (the anime) > the games

The straming radio I listen to started playing the theme alot and it grew on me (and especially my friend) so I started looking into where it came from. Found out it was from Tenbatsu! Angel Rabbie, but I also saw that there was a game called Magical Twirler Angel Rabbie. After talking with people for awhile and asking some questions, I found out Angelic Concert and Angelic Serenade were also a part of the game series. When I started looking into them, they actually looked calm and serene, while staying lighthearted and began to seem far more appealing than even the anime was. So, me being obsessive, I've been after them like crazy since I found out about them...

Hopefully I may be able to get them for my birthday... My parents are already getting me a watch, but you only turn 18 once, so maybe I can coax them into getting me these as well.
The games have fanservice but are mostly pure. Magical Twirler is just like a fairy tale story book. There's no plot decisions to be made. The only possible way the game can turn out different is if you don't do the baton twirling (mouse action) correct. With Angelic Serenade, it looks like you can do some more things, like walk around town, talk to people and "sing" by playing a musical game that's sorta like Beatmania.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote