AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-11-29, 20:19   Link #1
Mashimaro
q8D

The End of Evangelion [Spoilers]

oK I'm kind of confused about the ending of evangelion movie..
Everybody in the world dies..but Asuke and shinji?
and..whats with Rie in that movie? :/ and the whole..everybody turning into liquid?
Answer these please
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 21:02   Link #2
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

well it confused me quite a bit too and i cant helpp ya out with alot of the stuff ya mentioned...i just know that all the different Rei thingys turned into your deepest desire or summin like that and then when they touch you BAM ya die, lol not to sure...ooo i hope i can get some answers from this thread...
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 21:36   Link #3
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Hmm...the end of that movie sparks a lot of opinions...mostly about asuka and her different colored eyes...but in the end...it's really up to you to decide what you want the end to be...

And i think Asuka was the only person to live cause shinji wanted her to live...

This link doesn't really explain much...someone had posted a much better link in the past...but due to the forum crash...it's no longer there...

The end...

Do a search for the Evangelion Red Cross Book...and you'll get a lot of sites that might be more helpful then the one i posted
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 21:37   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb

A site you might like if you've not seen it yet is EvaOtaku. Can't remember if it talks about your exact questions -- but it has a nice FAQ never-the-less.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 21:40   Link #5
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Thanks NightWish that's the site i was looking for ^_^
Old 2003-11-30, 01:05   Link #6
Mashimaro
q8D

It would have been better if they just kept the series ending ;[
The movie was just too depressing
OH and while we're on the whole..evangelion thing
can somebody put the whole series into a little summary please?
I might understand a little better ^^'
Old 2003-11-30, 01:38   Link #7
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Ok First everyone's forms are determined by their A.T. field. Rei was falling apart because she was losing control of her own A.T. field. Also when rei was appearing before everyone, she was removing their souls. Without the soul, no A.T. field, so their bodies broke down into the chemical components that they're comprised of.
The people that this happened to didn't die. They were stripped of their physical form. Their souls were then gathered in the giant rei aka Lilith. The souls were supposed to merge into one, creating a world where there are no seperations between people. That's why when you see Rei sitting on Shinji, she goes through him. Shinji rejects this new world, deciding that it's better for everyone to be seperate, even if that creates loneliness and pain. At this point you'll notice Rei removes her hands from inside Shinji's chest and is now actually on top of him. (maybe I should phrase that differently....) Because of that, all the souls return to earth, and the giant rei dies. At this point it is up to everyone to regain their physical form. Everyone has the choice to remain as just a soul or regain their lost form.

Now as for Asuka, she died before any of that happened so there's no way that could actually be her. That asuka was created by Shinji so he could demonstrate to himself that everyone was indeed seperate again.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 01:58   Link #8
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

This is the BEST movie ever, I just love it. I will watch it again tomorrow.

The musci, the animation, the plot, everything is a masterpiece.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 02:09   Link #9
Mashimaro
q8D

so..all those people that got turned into liquid has a choice to get their physical form back?
I think i got it thanks Kamui4356

Soo...what are your fav. parts of the series and movie? ;/
Old 2003-11-30, 02:31   Link #10
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

"I'm so f*cked up"

that was probably the funniest/f*cked up thing i have ever seen in the series...

also when shinji and asuka fought an angel (forget which one) and the next thing we knew...they're showing a video with their eva's head first into the floor with their legs in teh air....

Those were my fav parts ^_^

As for the ending...i much prefer the movie ending...i like seeing how the events took place...and not just the jumbled up things in the series....
Old 2003-11-30, 02:41   Link #11
Mashimaro
q8D

lol, my fav parts are the fight seens, mostly when 01 goes crazy and goes on a rampage

the movie is sad though, the girl i forgot her name..misato? or something she died before she turned into the liquid thing so she wont come back ;/
Old 2003-11-30, 03:03   Link #12
outlaw55
Banned

Seems more like the author didn't want to make the movie but he was forced to so he took his time and mad two movies out of one (gee i feel ripped off after buying the first one *grumbles*) and did a lot of stuff to piss ppl off. I don't think the maker inteded for us to figure out everything and to TRUELY know how it all ended would be to ask the guy who made it himself, but I don't see that happening, LOL!!
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 05:10   Link #13
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Eva IMO.......started good, later on it hella sucked......most of the original staff members......quit or got fired.......so the damm story kinda still sucked.....both movies sucked.....i have the whole damm dvd's....dammi that was when i was all obbssed with EVA......omg.....and FLCL worst........even Kare Kano......all Gainax......sucks

^_^
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 07:10   Link #14
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

I thought evangelion was great ^_^ some of my fav parts?...ermm i dont really know at the mo but i liked it when Nerv was being taken over and attacked, im not sure why i thought that was kool (bakelineinfussion or summin...anyone rem that ?). Im glad they did make the movies coz the alternative ending (aka tv ending) was kinda sucky
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 08:23   Link #15
Tboz

Hideaki Anno is a genius... albeit a mad one...

Sad to say its been some time since I dig out my VCDs and rewatch the series, I really must do it all over again one of these days.

Here's a link I found when I was mad about the series, the site may be gone, but the stuff are all in that zip file.

Happy reading.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 12:10   Link #16
Mashimaro
q8D

The movie was so bloody ;o
Asuke's arm reaching and then getting splitting in half and Especially when NERV was under attack, no mercy ;[
Old 2003-11-30, 12:28   Link #17
Lambda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Hideaki Anno is a genius... albeit a mad one...
There are sane geniuses??!?
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 13:17   Link #18
7thMethuselah

about the AT fields : they way i thought of them was that the were producing a barrier between people so that instead of one giant conscienceness we get several independent ones. In the end everyones AT field collapses and thus individual humans dissapear but the whole remains as one single giant conscienceness. With all individual personalities gone indiviual bodies dissapear as well and everything turns into some primordial fluid (or something like that they called it).

The way I understood it was that Shinji was afraid to open his thoughts/feelings towards other people because of what they might think of him and thus preferred to remain a seperate entity. For that reason he returned back alive. What happens to the rest of humanity is up to them they can choose to stay in the giant consceinceness or leave it just as Shinji did...

Anyway this is just my interpretation. I alos thought that the original ending and the movie were actually the same one. For me the original ending comes right after everyone tunrs into a fluid, thenwe get shinji and the others thinking over their lifes(thus the original ending) and then we get the end of the movie...

As for favorite parts : First episode where we get to see asuka, the one with the UN fleet : jumping in an eva from ship to ship was quite hilarious imo. The episode where Shinji and Asuka have to coordinate their movements together is also great, not to mention the sight of 2 eva with their feet in the air . And I love just about every scene with Rei in it, one of the coolest char ever !
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 13:33   Link #19
Mashimaro
q8D

ok one last thing..it should be easy to answer somewhat since all of you are Rei fans ;p
What's the story for Rei?
Old 2003-12-01, 01:44   Link #20
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
To clear up a few things about a couple of confusing things with the movie.

1. The fluid that everyone turned into when their concious became one with Lilith is the same liquid that was in the Eva's cockpit. As you find out from the anime, humanity came from Lilith, thus meaning when their bodies were broken down to their bare chemicals it became blood of Lilith.

2. Asuka was not just Asuka. She was the combination of the women that had influenced Shinji. Proof of that is remember when Rei had the eye bandaged up, when if you look closely it is the same for this "Asuka". That was Shinji's first memory of Rei. Another is one Eye was Rei's color while the other color belonged to Misato. Look closely in the anime. "Asuka" also has the scar that Misato had. And lastly is Shinji had always wanted Asuka (hospital scene), so he choose Asuka's body. They became one for Shinji. That way humanity would not die out. Deep shit huh.

If you own the actual Manga release of the movie, I urgently suggest to anyone to go back and watch it with the director's comments. It really lets you in on some really creepy stuff. But also points out some really important aspects that you may have missed.

He may have been a mad man and hell he probally didn't even know what the end meant, but he did a hell of a job to make people think. How many anime's have the ability to make you talk or wonder about them like this series did.

Oh and I loved the original episodes 25 & 26 because it really lets you know what the main characters were thinking during this "Impact". Especially Shinji's, but I think it should have ended with the movie and then brought out those eps as like a special or something. Maybe as a package with Death & Rebirth(what instrumentalilty is) because both explained important aspects of the story and history of Evangelion.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, psychological