AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-24, 17:21   Link #1
Thebluegecko97
Anime Junkie

looking for anime,

hi, im looking for an anime with romance action and maybe a little bit of supernatural. When posting animes, and when you do please be ones you know and put down what it is about. One more thing is that can it have very little or none ecchi? To me, when it is put into the anime, it just subtracts from the plot. Like how the makers will go out of their way to put it in or it is just over exaggerated. It just gets weird when you are watching it for the story.
Old 2012-04-24, 17:38   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
We're my suggestions:

Ahem:

Prism Ark- It's about a boy named Hyaweh who goes to a royal knights academy to become a knight. It's there he meets a princess named Priecia, and the two develop a rocky but wonderful relationship.

Rental Magica - It's about a boy with a special eye, and his colleagues (friends) who run a paranormal agency to solve occult and supernatural mysteries or incidents before the lives of innocents get harmed in anyway.

Shining Tears x Winds - It's about a boy named Souma and his friends getting dragged into a new world called "End Earth". Souma is chosen by a deity to protect the world in his place, and help save the world from destruction.

Infinite Stratos - It's about a boy named Ichika Orimura who's the only male in the world capable of piloting a machine called a "Stratos" that can only be used by woman. He's forced to attend an academy (made up of all girls), and there his life surrounded by girls starts to take shape.

That's all I can think of for now. Well enjoy!
Old 2012-04-24, 18:00   Link #3
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

If you don't mind mecha, then I recommend Eureka Seven which follows a young teen named Renton who likes to skyboard and comes across a rebel group called the Geckostate, and in particular, a girl named Eureka(pronounced Ooh-Rec-Ah) whose giant robot was damaged in a fight.

It definitely doesn't lack for romance or action, and there is very little ecchi in it.

I don't know how much action you like, but Spice & Wolf is a very interesting story about a travelling merchant named Lawrence Kraft who comes across a local harvest deity named Holo(or Horo, I've seen both names for this character) and he agrees to accompany her back to her homeland up North. There are a few scenes where Holo is nude, but otherwise there isn't much ecchi to it. Kraft and Holo are both very interesting characters, and they compliment each other in certain ways. You will also learn a bit little about economics too.

Another romance/action series with mecha is Full Metal Panic!. A mercenary named Sousuke is tasked with protecting a high school girl named Kaname Chidori who may or may not have a special ability. Sousuke doesn't really have any social skills, so him going undercover in a Japanese high school leads to hilarity. The first season(done by Gonzo) has a few unnecessary panty shots, but the sequel series to it(Full Metal Panic?Fumoffu, which is more of a comedy, and the very serious Full Metal Panic: 2nd Raid contain almost no ecchi content(although Fumoffu does have a hot springs episode, which I think is the only episode with ecchi)
Old 2012-04-24, 18:07   Link #4
Thebluegecko97
Anime Junkie

AbZeroNow Eureka seven is my favorite anime lol and ill giv most of these a try! But for anyone else looking at those im still looking for suggestions!
Old 2012-04-24, 18:16   Link #5
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

you should look in classified infos thread it's very well organized and has almost all the good romance animes that are out there.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800
Old 2012-04-24, 20:30   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

While it's not strong in the romance department, Kemono no Sou-ja Erin is an excellent show about a young girl who can communicate with mystical beasts.

Noein is a science-fiction story, but like many Japanese sci-fi shows, it's not that far removed from fantasy. More romance in this show, and some remarkably animated action sequences.

Saiunkoku Monogatari is an excellent fit, but it's rather hard to find these days because it's in licensing limbo.

I'll also suggest Claymore. It strong on the action component, less so on the romance. It's pretty violent in places; the first episode gives you a pretty good idea what's involved.

My daughter enjoyed watching all these shows when she was about your age.
Old 2012-04-24, 23:34   Link #7
Elegance

Im just using my head here so i might spell some of the names wrong

Eureka Seven(Action,Romance,Mecha)-the main character Ren Ten is a boy who's father and sister dissapeared. He felt like his like was unfulfilled. His only thing that keeps him interested is a board, but one day Eureka came. She is the heroin of the story. It was love at first site for Ren Ten. As obstacles come and go, so will the development between them.

Bakemonogatari(Supernatural,Romance,Slight Action)-Honestly I only remember the heroin Hitagi. It starts off as when a boy saves a girl that tripped and was falling. He catches her but he notices that she is light as a feather. This is not normal so this boy tries to help her. He has connections with the supernatural and strange event occurs around him. One by one he finds out how to fix the problem and does it.

Valkyria Chronicles(Military action, romance, slight fantasy)-Hard to explain the beginning because i dont remember it well. Its about guy who joins the military with his sister(don't worry the romance isnt with her). He becomes idk a squad captain. He has to make strategic moves to when battles and etc. The romance is between one of his subordinates.

Gah im no good in explaining
Old 2012-04-25, 20:53   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebluegecko97 View Post
hi, im looking for an anime with romance action and maybe a little bit of supernatural. When posting animes, and when you do please be ones you know and put down what it is about. One more thing is that can it have very little or none ecchi? To me, when it is put into the anime, it just subtracts from the plot. Like how the makers will go out of their way to put it in or it is just over exaggerated. It just gets weird when you are watching it for the story.
Clannad and Clannad: Afterstory Heavy on the romance, with a little bit of the supernatural.

You might also check out The World God Only Knows parody of supernatural romance

Ah My Goddess
supernatural romance

Chrome Shelled Regios
action, supernatural, and a bit of romance.

Inuyasha
action romance and supernatural

Angel Beats mystery, romance, farce

None of those have much ecchi content that I can recall.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-04-25, 21:27   Link #9
Thebluegecko97
Anime Junkie

Haha watching Angel Beats as I type this :-D on episode 12 tho, its almost over
Closed Thread

Tags
action, anime, romance, supernatural