AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-09, 07:53   Link #49041
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Depends on what kind of exhaustion you're going for. If you're aiming for physical exhaustion, Running laps.

Inline skates is more to mental since you have to keep your whole body coordinated while in motion. More so if it's a Shuttle Run-type training, which I would presume they have a record time to beat.

----------

Training montage start scene:

Quote:
“Now...” Rose checks data on a palm-size device. “Just like what we discussed over lunch break, each of you will take turns sparring with one another. Balanced exposure will help us gauge each others' capabilities better.”

Tsurugi, Elijah and classmate Naev Makrovitch stand ready in their respective <<Uchigane>> while Kirin has her <<Fantom Falken>> deployed.

“I'm ready!” Elijah gives a big thumbs-up.

Tsurugi swings her katana about. “I'm set, Razor.”

Naev has her katana drawn as well, examining the shiny curved blade. “I have only one concern...” And she turns around, pointing straight at Rose. “Why are you not participating?!”

Rose recoils from her outburst through the device's speaker.

“Razor's our class' top student, isn't she?”

Naev turns to Kirin. “It's only fitting that we have her analyze our combat performances.” The Cadet deploys one of the <<Falken's>> weapons, a buster sword that stands nearly as tall as the IS itself, resting atop her right shoulder.

“Well, if you put it that way...”

Kirin nods to Rose. “Let's start, Razor. Who's going first?”

“Eli, you'll start off against Knife.” Rose says. She lists down all six match-ups for her four classmates on the device's holographic screen. The matches are set as such that each of them only get to face a specific opponent once.

The first match pits Elijah against Naev.
And I imagine the scene (including the following matches) playing out to this music
Old 2013-12-09, 08:07   Link #49042
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I'm wondering. What's more exhausting?

Running laps at a total distance of 50km?

Or doing Shuttle Runs (in Inline Skates) at a total distance of 50km?
Running, far more exhausting.

Also less an exercise and more a marathon, tightly controlled diet and intake is advised
Old 2013-12-09, 08:29   Link #49043
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Then what is more tired: Flying on a Plane, or an IS?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 08:29   Link #49044
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
A way to vent myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Also less an exercise and more a marathon, tightly controlled diet and intake is advised
I`ve done that, I`m not getting tired of that for 25 minutes.

The latest episode is kinda weird now because I felt the urge to smack Ichika for being insensitive
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 08:58   Link #49045
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Then what is more tired: Flying on a Plane, or an IS?
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
I`ve done that, I`m not getting tired of that for 25 minutes.
50 km in 25 minutes?
Quote:
The latest episode is kinda weird now because I felt the urge to smack Ichika for being insensitive
It's just the studio being fucking stupid, Ichika is decent when the episode is well-adapted
Old 2013-12-09, 09:03   Link #49046
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I though that the lack of a cockpit and co-pilot would tired an IS pilot in the long run?

At least the last episode gave me an idea of what to do: Engaged Ichika to Cecilia. He is already an ideal house-brother, so why not taking a step further to house-husband?
Old 2013-12-09, 09:32   Link #49047
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I though that the lack of a cockpit and co-pilot would tired an IS pilot in the long run?
Depend on how intense combat is

I.S. has life support system that prevent fatigue, by any means they're better than a simple plane.

(intense, long engagement seems to cause adrenaline crash though, but any fighter pilot will die if put under the same strain)
Old 2013-12-09, 09:54   Link #49048
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Either way, it's better than dying under the girls' hand. Poor Ichika! I pity him...

Also, how would they transport goods to ISA? Sea, or Air? I think that if someone want to isolate the Island, they would need quite a large IS force.
Old 2013-12-09, 10:43   Link #49049
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Also, how would they transport goods to ISA? Sea, or Air? I think that if someone want to isolate the Island, they would need quite a large IS force.
It has functional dock, definitely sea transport. We even see a warship in the first episode of season 1.

And yeah, I.S.A. defence are paper thin due to plot force than anything else, Golem I can understand but human attack are disgustingly stupid.
Old 2013-12-09, 16:36   Link #49050
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Depends on what kind of exhaustion you're going for. If you're aiming for physical exhaustion, Running laps.

Inline skates is more to mental since you have to keep your whole body coordinated while in motion. More so if it's a Shuttle Run-type training, which I would presume they have a record time to beat.
Quote:

What if the 50km of shuttle runs have to be done in a certain amout of time? (Ex. 35-45 seconds a run)

And what's better as a conditioning drill?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 17:28   Link #49051
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...who does 50 km (31 miles) of shuttle runs!? 0.o Even 5 km (3.1 miles) is a bit much for a shuttle run...
Old 2013-12-09, 19:38   Link #49052
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
What if the 50km of shuttle runs have to be done in a certain amout of time? (Ex. 35-45 seconds a run)

And what's better as a conditioning drill?
Drill run 20 km per day, that's already hardcore by military standard.

Before 'hurrdurr pansy' ensues, let me tell you that they do it while carrying extremely heavy equipment. Doing it without the load is easy for anyone trained, not the case when you have weight equivalent of a teenager on your back.

It was said that this training actually destroy bone integrity in the long run, even.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:08   Link #49053
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not even our elite forces do that much on a daily basis. 'Variety is the spice of life' - doing that kind of running every day will just break down the body rather than building it up - we aren't Saiyans...

As for actual training... 5 to 7 km a day is much more manageable (and realistic - I do 2 mi (3.2 km) 4 times a week at least). Honestly, more than 8 km a day on a daily basis is asking for an accident to happen. Even marathon runners don't run huge distances every day.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:13   Link #49054
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Not even our elite forces do that much on a daily basis. 'Variety is the spice of life' - doing that kind of running every day will just break down the body rather than building it up - we aren't Saiyans...

As for actual training... 5 to 7 km a day is much more manageable (and realistic - I do 2 mi (3.2 km) 4 times a week at least). Honestly, more than 8 km a day on a daily basis is asking for an accident to happen. Even marathon runners don't run huge distances every day.
Yep

Speaking of which, I really need to retcon that tidbit about training vest.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:36   Link #49055
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... What about Astronuats and Cosmonauts? How much do they train everyday?
Old 2013-12-09, 20:37   Link #49056
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Hmm... What about Astronuats and Cosmonauts? How much do they train everyday?
A lot, but emphasis on cardio and gymnastic than heavy lifting or such.

They train for pure fitness and extremely balanced body shape.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:44   Link #49057
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I wouldn't mind if we sê something similar in ISA. Heck, even a No-Gravity Pod for Simulation Training!
Old 2013-12-09, 21:01   Link #49058
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if we sê something similar in ISA. Heck, even a No-Gravity Pod for Simulation Training!
Planning to expand that in mirrorverse

Virtual Simulation that actually make you tired is a thing. The next one probably pool and such.
Old 2013-12-09, 21:42   Link #49059
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That remind me, how much physical demanding is an IS? I mean it's an Exoskeleton for sure, but how much it truly need to engage in a long, straining battle?

Hmm... Got this idea of pining somekind of arrow onto the barrier, then constanly shot on it.
Old 2013-12-09, 21:50   Link #49060
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
A lot, but emphasis on cardio and gymnastic than heavy lifting or such.

They train for pure fitness and extremely balanced body shape.
Which, quite honestly, is the ideal training for being in this type of suit.

Stamina and flexibility would be paramount in this - hence why the girls look the way they do but still, they can look better. Unless her IS frame can translate her physical strength well enough, all that training might really be - useless. But, if she trained so that her muscles react faster and can endure much more stress than the 'normal' pilots, it might help.

Hnnn, now that I think about it, her physical strength won't really matter, even if she pushes her frame harder than most - it will only endure what the frame can endure, nothing more.

So her physical training would be mostly for her own performance (and whatever can be translated into the IS). Now, have to map out what exactly can translate over to the IS ... Ichika(M) is stronger than the girls but they constantly beat him...

Zero, look what you did...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest