Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-30, 09:06   Link #61
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangxu View Post
So the crew landed on that lightning island... wasn't it the island where one of the Supernovas went to two years ago? And why would whales go there of all places? I hope the next arc will be interesting, I was bored to death with the Mermaid Island arc.
Not sure if this is the lightning island. As I recall, the last time it was depicted, all we saw was lightning. This most likely some new place.
Old 2012-01-30, 14:59   Link #62
KMB
Wanderer

Location: No one place. I've been around and will probably continue to move on.
I thought about this at the end of the first half - all the Straw Hats' rivals would have an extra two years to run wild in the New World and move forward, while they would all be apart. Two years in the One Piece world can be a lifetime. Especially considering it took them only a part of one year to make it all the way through the first half of the Grand Line.... and Eustace Kid was already in the New World right at the end of the first half, and now he's already sinking a Yonkou's ship. Seems like the rest of the Novas got a really big head start, though I guess we don't know what happened to Bonney yet. I'm very interested in finding out what happened with them all, including how they escaped Kizaru and the Pacifistas all the way up to how Luffy and company will catch up to/encounter them. Should be cool.

On a sidenote, I think that Trafalgar Law, and possibly other Novas, will become kind of allies of the Straw Hats, as opposed to enemies/rivals, the same way Whitebeard had allies in other pirate crews, particularly cuz it seems far-fetched that Oda will make Law an enemy after having saved Luffy and seeming like a pretty cool guy.
وَكَاءٍ تَرَى مِنْ صَامِتٍ لَكَ مُعْجِـبٍ
لِسَانُ الفَتَى نِصْفٌ وَنِصْفٌ فُـؤَادُهُ
يُهَـدَّمْ وَمَنْ لا يَظْلِمْ النَّاسَ يُظْلَـمِ
وَمَنْ لَم يُكَـرِّمْ نَفْسَـهُ لَم يُكَـرَّمِ
وَإِنْ خَالَهَا تَخْفَى عَلَى النَّاسِ تُعْلَـمِ
زِيَـادَتُهُ أَو نَقْصُـهُ فِـي التَّكَلُّـمِ
فَلَمْ يَبْـقَ إَلا صُورَةُ اللَّحْمِ وَالـدَّمِ
Old 2012-01-30, 15:40   Link #63
marvelB

^Even if most of the supernovas got a head start in the NW ahead of the Straw-Hats, it doesn't really guarantee that all of them had a successful trip through it. In fact, we already saw a few of those crews run into "road blocks" right before the skip (Capone's crew getting sucked towards that floating island thing, Apoo's crew having trouble against some fodder NW animals, Bonney's unfortunate run in with Blackbeard + Akainu, etc). At least Luffy and co. took the time to prepare themselves properly before tackling such dangerous seas. After all, slow and steady wins the race (something that Law even kind of pointed out before the skip, even)!

Oh, and just because Kidd took out some of Big Mama's goons doesn't quite mean that he's Yonkou-level yet, either. Those guys were probably all fodder, anyway. I mean, even the mighty Whitebeard's crew wasn't made up entirely of monsters (as evidenced by the number of guys who succumbed to Shanks' haki at that time).....
Old 2012-01-30, 16:06   Link #64
KMB
Wanderer

Location: No one place. I've been around and will probably continue to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Even if most of the supernovas got a head start in the NW ahead of the Straw-Hats, it doesn't really guarantee that all of them had a successful trip through it. In fact, we already saw a few of those crews run into "road blocks" right before the skip (Capone's crew getting sucked towards that floating island thing, Apoo's crew having trouble against some fodder NW animals, Bonney's unfortunate run in with Blackbeard + Akainu, etc). At least Luffy and co. took the time to prepare themselves properly before tackling such dangerous seas. After all, slow and steady wins the race (something that Law even kind of pointed out before the skip, even)!
Definitely, especially because before the time skip, I think most, if not all, of the Novas weren't on the same level as Luffy and the Straw Hats, what with them having been fresh out of their encounters with the World Government at Enies Lobby and Moria at Thriller Bark - even Kidd, since Shakky said his bounty was a result of his being a cold-blooded murderer, which implies that it wasn't necessarily for him being that strong (not to say he isn't). Also, since the Marines in the New World, not to mention the pirates, are much stronger, I'm pretty sure that they will probably have had quite the bit of troubles. Nonetheless, though, I think for plot purposes I think they'll all be back - I can't imagine Oda introducing any of them, just to make them become casualties of a timeskip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Oh, and just because Kidd took out some of Big Mama's goons doesn't quite mean that he's Yonkou-level yet, either. Those guys were probably all fodder, anyway. I mean, even the mighty Whitebeard's crew wasn't made up entirely of monsters (as evidenced by the number of guys who succumbed to Shanks' haki at that time).....
I agree, he's definitely not Yonkou-level, or at least I severely doubt it, but I think of the Novas, based on both his attitude, ambition, and his power level, he and his crew are probably the most likely to cause problems for the Straw Hats and probably has the best claim to rivaling Luffy. It even seems that Oda is setting up some time of showdown between them, considering each crew having two Novas, a captain and a blade-wielding first mate, as well as Kidd's bounty being larger than Luffy's at the time - that to me is almost a challenge. Not to mention he clearly seems like a bad guy who has stated on more than one occasion his intention to defeat Luffy and the Straw Hats. So based on that, I can see Kidd becoming one of the more powerful characters and enemies of the crew somewhere down the line, and he might not be too far right now.
وَكَاءٍ تَرَى مِنْ صَامِتٍ لَكَ مُعْجِـبٍ
لِسَانُ الفَتَى نِصْفٌ وَنِصْفٌ فُـؤَادُهُ
يُهَـدَّمْ وَمَنْ لا يَظْلِمْ النَّاسَ يُظْلَـمِ
وَمَنْ لَم يُكَـرِّمْ نَفْسَـهُ لَم يُكَـرَّمِ
وَإِنْ خَالَهَا تَخْفَى عَلَى النَّاسِ تُعْلَـمِ
زِيَـادَتُهُ أَو نَقْصُـهُ فِـي التَّكَلُّـمِ
فَلَمْ يَبْـقَ إَلا صُورَةُ اللَّحْمِ وَالـدَّمِ
Old 2012-01-31, 09:36   Link #65
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB View Post
Nonetheless, though, I think for plot purposes I think they'll all be back - I can't imagine Oda introducing any of them, just to make them become casualties of a timeskip.

Oh, of course they'll be back.... I mean, I doubt that Oda drew that recent poster with their post-skip designs for nothing, after all!

Anyways, some interesting news: In the last thread, I had brought up a rumor about a new OP book called "One Piece Blue Deep", which was to be released in March. Well, I just found out that the rumor has been confirmed after all! And since it's a databook, maybe we'll get some extra juicy tidbits of info involving both the pre- and post-skip timelines.....

Oh, and volume 65 (the cover of which I posted in the first page of this thread) will be released this week, as well. Chances are, the SBS info will appear alongside the next chapter's spoilers sometime later tonight.
Old 2012-01-31, 10:50   Link #66
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Oh, of course they'll be back.... I mean, I doubt that Oda drew that recent poster with their post-skip designs for nothing, after all!

Anyways, some interesting news: In the last thread, I had brought up a rumor about a new OP book called "One Piece Blue Deep", which was to be released in March. Well, I just found out that the rumor has been confirmed after all! And since it's a databook, maybe we'll get some extra juicy tidbits of info involving both the pre- and post-skip timelines.....

Oh, and volume 65 (the cover of which I posted in the first page of this thread) will be released this week, as well. Chances are, the SBS info will appear alongside the next chapter's spoilers sometime later tonight.
I have no doubt they will be back too, but I thought I should point out that Oda drew the designs for the younger versions of popular characters for "nothing" too.
Old 2012-01-31, 15:46   Link #67
Undertaker

Quote:
I hope so, consider that Green Secret really didn't come out that long ago and pretty much covered everything pre-timeskip.
Old 2012-02-01, 01:32   Link #68
marvelB

Alrighty now, new spoiler, so new thread.
Closed Thread