AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-11-28, 16:03   Link #421
xochie

The installation went fine, but when I tried to open Aegisub.exe, it says:
Quote:
C:\Program Files\Aegisub.exe
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
I use Vista, and apparently (I may be wrong here) this error is equivalent to the "application configuration" error on XP.
The event log for this side-by-side error says:
Quote:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Aegisub\Aegisub.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP,processorArchitecture="x86", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",ver sion="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event ID is 33, source is SideBySide.
The XML says:
Quote:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="SideBySide" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-28T20:49:07.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>65741</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>dse-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP,processorArchitecture= "x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win3 2",version="9.0.21022.8"</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data>C:\Program Files\Aegisub\Aegisub.exe</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
<Data />
</EventData>
</Event>
The folder "x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022 .8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91" does exist in my side-by-side windows folder (Computer >> C: >> Windows >> winsxs), and inside are three items: msvcm90.dll, msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll.
I tried downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 one, because I have a 36 bit system), after googling several mentions of this being the solution, but that wouldn't install either. Just gave me more errors.
I've been trying to figure this out for days, and it still hasn't worked. If anyone has any idea on this, please help me out! Thanks.
xochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 16:13   Link #422
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xochie View Post
I tried downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 one, because I have a 36 bit system), after googling several mentions of this being the solution, but that wouldn't install either. Just gave me more errors.
You need this but 2008, not 2005. If that won't install you probably need to uninstall the old version/nuke it in some other way and reinstall it.
(MSVC 2005 was used for older versions of Aegisub.)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 19:09   Link #423
xochie

Thanks for the suggestion. How do you 'uninstall' the old version? I'm not really sure where this is installing on to. (:
Old 2009-11-28, 19:11   Link #424
jfs
Aegisub dev

You aren't using the latest released version of Aegisub, which is 2.1.7. (I can tell from the EXE filename, because it's called "aegisub32.exe" now, not just "aegisub.exe".) The 2.1.7 installer much more reliably detects whether the runtime libraries are installed and installs them if needed.

Edit:
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. How do you 'uninstall' the old version? I'm not really sure where this is installing on to. (:
Don't uninstall the old, you will probably need it at one time or another for some other software. The "SxS" thing is short for side-by-side which means "many different versions can peacefully coexist on the system". Leave it installed.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:08   Link #425
xochie

Moh, I was using 2.1.6. Thanks, I'll give the newest one a go.

EDIT: Nope, still not working. It says the same thing as before, except with an extra line: CreateProcess failed; code 14001.
The 2008 Microsoft Visual C++ wouldn't work either, it keeps getting stuck at the last part. {Image}
Old 2009-12-29, 05:57   Link #426
Darkchaos

I have a question...in regards to changing the color of a karaoke fx (template), how do u do it? i blieve its related to the debris of the template codes. sorry, im kinda new at this, so i dunno what needs to be done.

Perfect example wud be from this:
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8269/66854477.png

To this:
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5355/aftery.png
Darkchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 10:51   Link #427
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

U mean change the color during the effect? {\t(\1c&HFFFFFF&)} or just change the default color (done via the styles manager or by using an override tag in the template{\1c&HFFFFF&})
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 01:14   Link #428
jofori89

Send a message via MSN to jofori89 Send a message via Yahoo to jofori89

How can i create text effect like this pic
jofori89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 03:12   Link #429
max2k

I would use AFX for this and not Aegi. (hint: TC Starglow)
So in my option wrong thread.
Old 2010-01-07, 04:08   Link #430
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

I actually agree with max2k but providing an idea for that in aegis wouldn't be bad...So, what I would do is this.

Create a backround layer (set layer=0) and blur the white a bit...And the blue on the outline may have some very small \be value... Don't forget to disable shadows or your \blur tag will look messy.

Then if I can see correctly the second layer (layer=1) is the same shit only this time blured more, with much more transparency (something near HFF) and its scaled and misplaced a bit. U should use hear multiple layers with transparency and just add a little glow...
Now onto the edge effect (what looks clearly as Trapcode shit) if your font doesn't have such edges (which I really doubt) u could use clip manually.(per layer, as I mentioned u gonna need several layers).

Point--> If this is animated you are in a hell of a ride. U need like a dozen layers carefully styled and placed. In AFX you hit 2 buttons and your done. I would go with max2ks suggestion.
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 04:34   Link #431
jofori89

Send a message via MSN to jofori89 Send a message via Yahoo to jofori89
I think if using AFX that effect easier to make than aegisub, too.
jofori89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 21:04   Link #432
alchemist11
サード
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to alchemist11 Send a message via Yahoo to alchemist11
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
That's proposed in the AS5 format, but 4 as is right now does not support it. A workaround might be rotating and positioning each character/syllable manually *ugh*. Other than this AE can curve text quite easily.
No idea if this has been answered and I'd rather not look through the archives, but has this been resolved? Is there a way to curve text on one plain without using ASS Draw or positioning each individual letter/word? I'd like to apply it to this sign: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3692/curve.png so that I can then easily use the movement tag.
Old 2010-02-02, 01:12   Link #433
Itsukii
★【SSA karaoker】★
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Itsukii
No, you have to do it manually. You can go with frz like:

Dialogue: 2,0:01:24.75,0:01:37.76,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,{ \frz4.5\pos(666,573)\fs50\c&H6181BE&}t{\frz4}r{\fr z3.5}y {\frz3}s{\frz2.5}o{\frz2}m{\frz1.5}e{\frz1}t{\frz0 .5}h{\frz0}i{\frz-0.5}n{\frz-1}g {\frz-1.5}l{\frz-2}i{\frz-2.5}k{\frz-3}e {\frz-3.5}t{\frz-4}h{\frz-4.5}a{\frz-5}t

Result:

Still, it's not perfect. You have to adjust it for your sign. And with this method, you can \move it easily
Old 2010-03-10, 07:15   Link #434
alchemist11
サード
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to alchemist11 Send a message via Yahoo to alchemist11
Yeah, I got the same suggestion from Tuvok82 as well, but I tried it using the each word method and it worked fine. Each letter is too much of a hassle.
Old 2010-05-24, 07:18   Link #435
[Kyuubi]Fansubs
For fans, by fans!
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to [Kyuubi]Fansubs
Hey guys,

Would it be possible in Aegisub to make this "presents" text be behind that cat instead of in front it?

If so, how?

Hope somebody can help me out here
Old 2010-05-24, 07:32   Link #436
NIS

On the left side of the video in aegisub choose the "Clip subtitles to a vectorial area." button. Then you have to draw around the area that you want to be visible. Below the video are more options like bezier curves.

In your example however, i would simply write "Pre" instead of Presents because either way you won't see more than that.
NIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 07:38   Link #437
[Kyuubi]Fansubs
For fans, by fans!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIS View Post
On the left side of the video in aegisub choose the "Clip subtitles to a vectorial area." button. Then you have to draw around the area that you want to be visible. Below the video are more options like bezier curves.

In your example however, i would simply write "Pre" instead of Presents because either way you won't see more than that.
Thanks, ill try that vectorial area button.
and no, in my case it wouldnt help if i just wrote "pre" instead cause the whole area is visible at first, so the whole presents words will be seen.
its just at like the last few seconds before logo disappears, that cat "Happy" jumps inside and covers over that part of the video, and he only stays for a couple of seconds then the scene switches.

so i would only need that part after "Pre" to get behind him when he shows up.
But the entire word should be visible before he gets there.
Old 2010-05-24, 07:47   Link #438
[Kyuubi]Fansubs
For fans, by fans!
*Fansubber

Okay, yeah that worked out great with the vectorial clipping stuff.
got it to work perfectly.

just duplicated the presents line so I had 2 lines of it, and had it show the entire presents text when cat wasnt there, and then timed it so that when the cat came and covered it up, the next line were only "pre" should be visible had that vectorial clipping on it, and it works perfectly.

thanks alot
Old 2010-06-01, 11:45   Link #439
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I've been having problems with certain fonts in Aegisub and it's .ass files. Two certain fonts don't display properly at all, as they would be missing:

Spoiler for :

I've checked well and they are present in the Fonts folder and also tried deleting them, and copying back, also tried removing them, restarting then copying back but to no avail. Those fonts work in Photoshop (the proof is in the above edited screenshot) and also in OpenOffice
Spoiler for :

I've tried to use the ass file in a Avisynth script using the latest VSFilter (guliverkli2) aswell as older builds (guliverkli# too), but all got me the same results as Aegisub, this is what makes me think that it's not Aegisub's fault alone, but VSFilter's. Anybody here happen to know any solution to this?
Thanks in advance~
Old 2010-06-01, 15:50   Link #440
jfs
Aegisub dev

Tried changing the Encoding field in your styles? Try the "Default" one first, then the others.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aegisub, help thread