AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-03-25, 22:14   Link #5441
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
My turn,

I was watching a Foghorn Leghorn the other day, and was wondering, what accent IS Mel Blanc blasting there?
He's emulating a known radio series character of the time (1930s) - Senator Claghorn, who was prone to such phrases as "sharp as a sack full of wet mice". It is mixed up a bit with another radio show character of the times - a hard-of-hearing southern sheriff.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:06   Link #5442
HasuMasu
*Artist

My netbook fell from the table just now, should I be worried?

I'm using it to type this right now, so it still works.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:14   Link #5443
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You should have a heart attack every time you drop an electronic device

Anything without moving parts will usually tolerate a fall, especially with the newer 'gorilla glass' surfaces. Anything with a spinning disk is in peril - hope that the drive heads were retracted or that the force vector wasn't slamming the heads down on the disk. Every year the technology does get a little more impact tolerant though, nonetheless I get a squicky feel when a $500 phone goes clatter-thunk. If your netbook hasn't been backed up, soon would be a good time, just in case.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:21   Link #5444
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You should have a heart attack every time you drop an electronic device

Anything without moving parts will usually tolerate a fall, especially with the newer 'gorilla glass' surfaces. Anything with a spinning disk is in peril - hope that the drive heads were retracted or that the force vector wasn't slamming the heads down on the disk. Every year the technology does get a little more impact tolerant though, nonetheless I get a squicky feel when a $500 phone goes clatter-thunk. If your netbook hasn't been backed up, soon would be a good time, just in case.
Oh my, I barely understood a thing.

Kids these days, I can't understand their fancy techy techno thingies.

I think I had it backed up when I first got it, would I have to do it again?
Old 2012-03-26, 01:48   Link #5445
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

I think I had it backed up when I first got it, would I have to do it again?
Jeebus Crispies, man, I'm probably twice or three times your age

You should back it up periodically if you store any documents, game-saves, web bookmarks, email addresses or the like on it. If *everything* you do is, say, using a Google app then you're probably safe because that's all stored on the Google Fortress deep in the core of the earth.

At the least you should regularly back up your username personal folder to some external location (flash drive, external drive, or file backup service (like Carbonite.com)
Old 2012-03-26, 01:54   Link #5446
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Jeebus Crispies, man, I'm probably twice or three times your age

You should back it up periodically if you store any documents, game-saves, web bookmarks, email addresses or the like on it. If *everything* you do is, say, using a Google app then you're probably safe because that's all stored on the Google Fortress deep in the core of the earth.

At the least you should regularly back up your username personal folder to some external location (flash drive, external drive, or file backup service (like Carbonite.com)
Right now I'm in the process of backing everything up to my external hard-drive.

Backing everything up because scouring the internet for all the software again would be the death of me.

It's a miracle I haven't had to do this ever since I got this netbook, if it suddenly crashed I'd only have a back-up of when I first got it--in other words, the default settings.
Old 2012-03-26, 05:38   Link #5447
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Just a note of warning: I wouldn't recommend carbonite to anyone. The company is apparently haemorrhaging money and they recently had some major downtime (a no-no when you're talking about backups). Crashplan is a safer bet.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:01   Link #5448
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post

Jeebus Crispies, man, I'm probably twice or three times your age.
Et tu Vexx?

It seems that this good forum has quite a thing against ageism. Old age doesn't exist here, especially if you use a loli for your avatar.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:45   Link #5449
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Et tu Vexx?

It seems that this good forum has quite a thing against ageism. Old age doesn't exist here, especially if you use a loli for your avatar.
One question I am going to risk asking : why do you older forum members like to put lolis as your avatar?

*runs*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:47   Link #5450
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
One question I am going to risk asking : why do you older forum members like to put lolis as your avatar?

*runs*
*looks at your avatar*

Like you're one to talk.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:17   Link #5451
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Anime forums. Is that enough of an answer? O:
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:23   Link #5452
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have been eating only tofu for the past 2 days, because I have to finish all the tofu stock in my fridge. Question is, will I pass out after another 2 days of tofu?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:38   Link #5453
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

When did you buy them? Are they in the fridge or freezer? (I hate dehydrated tofu :/) The tofu here (that comes in a giant metal can filled with water) don't last more than 5 days in the fridge. They last two decades in the freezer. They won't be any more edible than any frozen tofu.

Depends on how you eat it. If you eat with uncooked and unseasoned with your feet then yes you will pass out.

Are you eating for 2 days with or without sleep? (in case you happened to have 3 fridges all completely filled with tofu) That is also likely to make you pass out.

If you're eating two days of mapo tofu, you will be fine, and possibly manlier than most of the world population depending on how much peppercorn you put in them.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:44   Link #5454
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
When did you buy them? Are they in the fridge or freezer? (I hate dehydrated tofu :/)

Depends on how you eat it. If you eat with uncooked and unseasoned with your feet then yes.

Are you eating 2 days of tofu aka 48 hours of nonstop tofu? (because you happened to have 3 fridges all completely filled with tofy) That is also likely to make you pass out.

If you're eating two days of mapo tofu, you will be fine, and possibly manlier than most of the world population depending on how much peppercorn you put in them.
I bought them last week from a Chinese shop in Canterbury. I put them in the fridge. They were having massive sale, and I just happen to love tofu, so I bought all of it. Tofu is expensive in the UK. Problem is, I am used to eating it in my home country, so I can't survive without tofu.

I bought many types of tofu. Silken, brick, tub, firm...you choose

I put some soy sauce on top of it with fried onions. Sometimes I eat it just like that. If I am not lazy, I make soup out of it or deep fry it. I am running out of ideas, to be honest.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:55   Link #5455
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I bought them last week from a Chinese shop in Canterbury. I put them in the fridge. They were having massive sale, and I just happen to love tofu, so I bought all of it. Tofu is expensive in the UK. Problem is, I am used to eating it in my home country, so I can't survive without tofu.

I bought many types of tofu. Silken, brick, tub, firm...you choose

I put some soy sauce on top of it with fried onions. Sometimes I eat it just like that. If I am not lazy, I make soup out of it or deep fry it. I am running out of ideas, to be honest.
Mapo Tofu it is!

You should cook them instead of eating the cold soy sauce leek one (liang ban <3)

1 week is the max life span for sane tofu. (Though I think it's supposed to be like 1 and a half months, but that's including all the time it spends from the plant to your table. If the tofu is insane and born from a chinese supermarket with questionable hygiene, shelf time and open refrigeration, it's not good to eat it any more. I'm not certain but I believe tofu products get you severely sick when they spoil.

It should look white as snow. Unless it's frozen, then it turns yellow and spongey like and tastes like grandma.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:04   Link #5456
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Tofu is expensive in the UK. Problem is, I am used to eating it in my home country, so I can't survive without tofu.
yea it's also expensive here in Germany, funny thing it's dirt cheap in Indonesia, where I was born.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:09   Link #5457
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

How much is tofu there? In euros for a package of # blocks?
Old 2012-03-26, 10:10   Link #5458
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Mapo Tofu it is!

You should cook them instead of eating the cold soy sauce leek one (liang ban <3)

1 week is the max life span for sane tofu. (Though I think it's supposed to be like 1 and a half months, but that's including all the time it spends from the plant to your table. If the tofu is insane and born from a chinese supermarket with questionable hygiene, shelf time and open refrigeration, it's not good to eat it any more. I'm not certain but I believe tofu products get you severely sick when they spoil.

It should look white as snow. Unless it's frozen, then it turns yellow and spongey like and tastes like grandma.

It's not about the product expiration. I heard some nasty rumours about UK Border Force, so there you go.......

Yup, tofu should always be white. I am a tofu expert after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
yea it's also expensive here in Germany, funny thing it's dirt cheap in Indonesia, where I was born.
It's dirt cheap in Malaysia too, which is why I was depressed for some time after I arrived in the UK. Oh well, one must learn to adapt
Old 2012-03-26, 17:08   Link #5459
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Et tu Vexx?

Maybe it's just me, but I can't scroll through a topic without looking at avatars, locations, ages, etc when reading a post. I'm not screening the person or anything, but it's right there next to the post that I'm reading... how can one miss it?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 19:38   Link #5460
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

*runs*
Well.. technically Tomoko isn't a loli (though she dresses gothic lolita and is petite)... I guess. If "loli" strictly means petite and cute, well then guilty as charged.

I just noticed a lot of people turn off their age and other data in the avatar section.... interesting.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious