AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 31 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 14:48   Link #41
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't you think its just a little early to judge the entire series?
Old 2008-07-06, 14:57   Link #42
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Who said anyone is judging entire series? I am just judging the first episode in connection with second season, and it looks stupid (like the reason beyond the rune disappearance) and too fast-paced. With a good LouisexSaito scenes but otherwise...Nothing much to look at.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:00   Link #43
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Still too early to tell how things'll turn out. Granted, I haven't seen the episode yet, so I don't know if its fast-paced or not. As for the whole Siesta thing... well, last I checked, she didn't get a whole lot of screentime in the first episode of season 2, either.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:10   Link #44
gabbytay
Banned

Finally finished the episode and damn producers must be stupid not to limit fan service.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:36   Link #45
gugumomu
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Finally finished the episode and damn producers must be stupid not to limit fan service.
again? fanservice ueberalles? havent they learned anything after all the voices that were complaining about season 2?
Old 2008-07-06, 15:37   Link #46
Darknemo2000

And why do you think Siesta doesnt get much screen time? In novels she certainly is much more involved with the plot, and again the reason is that she does have a connection between Saito and between Louise too.

Since she is rather closely related to both main leads naturally she gets involved with the plot too.

Again, it doesn't make me that hurt as lets say if it would be louise in her place but it is still not a great pleasure to watch how JC Staff makes fun of her character reducing to mostly fanservice only.

Well Saito seems to be the same S2 pervert (in S1 and in novels he is rather normal boy, while in S2 and as far as it seems in S3 he is a perv extreme, in S3 he is even more aggressive, bordering on being a rapist).

Well at least we will see somehow sad Louise though over the different issue and it would hardly lead to.

Spoiler for novels:
Old 2008-07-06, 16:04   Link #47
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i think its more mild in IMO...he only got blow up once lol.... it was really intimate so im only guessing what she is saying.....
Spoiler for what i think happened:
as for siesta im sure she will be more involved but i think this first episode was meant for them....
as for saito he looks PIMP in that cape.... and louise is more cute...especial;ly with all that crying she did... and what made it even better is she actually fought more in this one episode then both the other 2 season combined lol
Old 2008-07-06, 16:29   Link #48
ThoHell

I like the start of this season, find it much better than second. Second was just endless boob fest, this has more story and stuff to it, but still contain its humorous ecchiness. Totally looking forward to seeing the rest of this season and how things play out.
Old 2008-07-06, 16:44   Link #49
gabbytay
Banned

I don't see how the studio could redeem this Season I mean look at Saito he's one step closer to being a rapist.

I also don't think this season could be called this season, it's more like a season full filler episode. The staff needs to listen to fans.
Spoiler for Saito:
Old 2008-07-06, 17:10   Link #50
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

So in the first episode we get a "quest, angst, make-up hugging and a villain" it's already better then the 2nd season.

Also... the ED makes my ears bleed
Old 2008-07-06, 17:43   Link #51
Deathscyther

When you compare this, combined with the ending of season 2, to the novels...then this episode was kind of weak, because they changed a lot and not in a good way. Especially Siesta seems totally different. Not that I like her character, but it's kind of annoying sometimes.

When I look at the anime only, then I really liked this episode. Much better than most earlier episodes. Yes, it was fast, but the things that happened in it were good. Lots of Saito x Louise, I've never seen Louise fight this good before, the artwork was pretty good and we had a nice opening.

They should watch out with Saito's perv level yeah, but I guess the anime Saito is more pervy than the novel one and we've seen this in season 2 already. We'll probably see more boob jokes later too, but oh well.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, although I'm not expecting too much plot. I'm expecting 8 episodes with mostly plot and the rest with mostly school life/fanservive.

9/10 (when not comparing to the novels)
Old 2008-07-06, 17:46   Link #52
Darknemo2000

Deathscyther, and what your vote would be if compared to the novels?

ThoHell, though this episode was not a boobfest like most of S2 was, we seen the same extreme perv Saito who is now really close to being a rapist. So potentially we will still see boob-fest in other episodes, specially when Tiffania joins. I prey that they would center on Tabitha's arc and on the plot more than on Tiffiania's breasts but it is hard to believe (considering that Saito is still pervert extreme from S2 just now even more aggressive).
Old 2008-07-06, 17:54   Link #53
Deathscyther

The whole skipping of emo Louise did dissapoint me and the weird timing for the disappearance of Saito's runes surprised me. That got me like 'wth'. Saito's character is pretty good, but should be less 'agressive' And the pacing was rather fast, but it's better than no plot/pacing at all:P

Uhm, I guess I would give it a 6.5/10
Old 2008-07-06, 17:56   Link #54
Darknemo2000

Similar to mine as I gave it 6. Cannot look it as anime standalone..Was translating novels way too long.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:02   Link #55
Deathscyther

Lol yeah. I had the same problem with Shakugan no Shana as the novels are way better there too, but the Zero no Tsukaima animators really went a bit too far at some departments, especially with the fanservice. They changed the story at some very important parts and I really don't like that.

The novels are so damn good, so it's a waste that they changed so much in the anime. I don't get it. The ratings would have been much better if they had followed the original story more.

I hope to see Tabitha's arc as well and I hope that they'll keep the perv-factor and fanservice in check. This episode did give me a little hope, as some parts were good, but we'll see. This is still the same studio that made season 1 and 2 after all.

I will still watch it, as I love the series, but it's sometimes disappointing when comparing to the great novels.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:04   Link #56
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Similar to mine as I gave it 6. Cannot look it as anime standalone..Was translating novels way too long.
When comparing to the novels I'd give this episode a 5 out of 10 but since I'm looking at it standalone episode 1 gets an 8.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:27   Link #57
Mentar
Banned

I'm very close to kindly ask the novel whiners to please either get a grip or get lost.

Seriously. It's incredibly annoying.

This is not the thread for novels. It's not the thread for mangas. It's the thread for the anime. I haven't read the novels, so I'm able to judge the anime without prejudice. That's what I want to do.

Generally, there's nothing wrong with adding extra information from additional sources like light novels, particularly when it's visible and spoiler-protected. It adds to the experience, and everyone can decide whether or not to spoil himself or not.

However, this constant unspoilered whining of novel readers from S2, and now S3, seriously hampers my enjoyment. Bluntly put, I don't friggen care if things were different and oh so much better in the book. I'm watching the ANIME here. If you don't like the anime, no problem - say so. But PLEASE end the novel blather, or spoilertag it properly.

Speaking as one of the seemingly few people who actually liked S2, in particularly the interpersonal developments, I can say that I enjoyed the starting episode quite a bit. And whoever seriously thinks that "all progress between Louise and Saito is undone again" (as I've been told before) must be seriously blind, or relationship-challenged.

Let's give this anime a decent and fair chance, alright?
Old 2008-07-06, 18:34   Link #58
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Yes, I agree that they should use spoiler tags. Though you have to admit Saito seems to be forever stuck at first base.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:36   Link #59
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

ouch....you guys aren't going easy on ZnT..... i guess im alot more lenient then most of you... Saito honestly didnt seem perverted at all...But i did just finish watching Kanokon lol....... i see it as him showing his affection that louise is afraid to show...looks like there is going to be alot of kissing....hell the opening got them kissing twice ....and the other only had it once....and the ending song is really good...the video on the other hand is odd lol
Old 2008-07-06, 18:38   Link #60
Yushi

I'm soooo glad that I dont' read the novels. That way I can fully enjoy the anime without getting annoyed with what they changed/cut out from the novels ^_^
Anyways, I liked this first ep quite a bit! Happy that Louise is being more 50/50 with her tsundere instead of all tsun XD
Looking forward to the next ep!
Closed Thread