AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-22, 07:53   Link #41
Francismeunier
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Overall i think this arc almost surpassed Haruka's, if only this arc had used more properly the events, for example, the first half of this ep was almost unnecessary and by the end of the arc left me thinking a little that Junichi really didn't deserved all this =X unlike from the others arcs.

And after seeing the ep i remembered this pic
Spoiler:

and then i looked into the cg set of the VN and didn't found this pic there,someone knows if that did happened in the VN?If it indeed happened then i'm feeling that i was really cheated (like when i saw the cg for Sae's ending, and there she's pregnant )D= i mean if they had cut off some scenes from the first half ,i think this probably could have been included.
I just want to know one thing......where are the CGs of this....because since Kaoru's arc no one really continued telling what differences or omitted details went missing around. I am curious about those.
Old 2010-10-22, 08:14   Link #42
Gault
inc_mplete

the ending scene was too short really , but im glad Ai is over , On with Rihoko!
Old 2010-10-22, 08:51   Link #43
justavisitor

wow a perfect episode for me 10/10 !!!

Basically this arc is about teaching a girl how to chase her "dream" guy...(of course, whether our hero is really the Mr.right is another issue )

2 more girls to go, Junichi!!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-22, 09:11   Link #44
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Basically this arc is about teaching a girl how to chase her "dream" guy...
There are many, many words one can use to describe Ai's arc. "Educational" isn't one of them.
Old 2010-10-22, 09:13   Link #45
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Not really. I learned a few things here and there.
Old 2010-10-22, 09:22   Link #46
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Not really. I learned a few things here and there.
What you did there, I see it.

Also this made me think of this Monty Python skit:

Old 2010-10-22, 10:07   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The first half of the episode felt rather unnecessary, like the entire thing with the Tea Club.
Sensei was forgivable though, un.

The second half was great, at least, going back to the usual Amagami.
The end was... *shrug* At least it was less abrupt than Kaoru's...

Haruka... To be able to eat something that has been cooking without the need to cool it down or flinching...! How fearsome!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-10-22, 11:00   Link #48
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
What I don't undertand is why Ai still call Junichi senpai in the last scene ? it's strange.
Because she occasionally teases Junichi about acting like a little kid despite him being older. That's why she emphasized senpai when she happily agreed to pamper him a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5
It perhaps shows that the story we had witnessed was more a recollection than an active watching, and maybe sort of explains all the ridiculous scenes in the arc as… tricks his mind is playing on him.
I think most of the arcs are actually Junichi's recollections with each girl, thus they are told from his point of view. If you recall the opening dialogue for this arc, Junichi is talking about the past: "Christmas Eve, two years ago. After being stood up for my date, I was walking home alone in the snow." Based on his personality, it also explains how random some events may seem. In fact, listening to the preview for the beginning of Rihoko's arc, Junichi is oblivious to her being the protagonist because this arc will be told through her point of view and not his. Rihoko seems to have a very wacky, off-the-wall personality as well, so I expect her to do lots of silly things like Junichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider
There are many, many words one can use to describe Ai's arc. "Educational" isn't one of them.
If you compare it to how most romances develop, I think its more realistic and natural. Ai was very straightforward throughout the arc as she was the one in control and planned many of the events that brought them closer. Likewise, Junichi responded well by taking the opportunity to create moments for them to come together during several segments. If something was on her mind, she expressed her wants and thoughts clearly to Junichi while leaving just enough to tease him and the audience for future episodes.

The opposite which you see in most series is childlike behavior by both parties which includes them misinterpreting the others verbal and non-verbal communication and them avoiding the issue while acting like immature kids until the last episode where they finally understand each other. Way too much stupid, needless drama for my tastes, and certainly not a representation as to how a good, healthy relationship should be attained.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2010-10-22 at 11:11.
Old 2010-10-22, 11:09   Link #49
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Overall i think this arc almost surpassed Haruka's, if only this arc had used more properly the events, for example, the first half of this ep was almost unnecessary and by the end of the arc left me thinking a little that Junichi really didn't deserved all this =X unlike from the others arcs.

And after seeing the ep i remembered this pic
Spoiler:

and then i looked into the cg set of the VN and didn't found this pic there,someone knows if that did happened in the VN?If it indeed happened then i'm feeling that i was really cheated (like when i saw the cg for Sae's ending, and there she's pregnant )D= i mean if they had cut off some scenes from the first half ,i think this probably could have been included.
Spoiler for possible game spoilers:

Anyway, I do agree that this episode is sort of weak. Junichi working with Ai at an Oden stand for the festival was a bit unnecessary, though I think this is just one of those cases where the studio had no idea what to do and made their own event. I've listened to and read Ai's monologue translated by UTW, and just about everything in the first three episodes was mentioned by Ai: the park, Junichi picking up trash at the beach, Ai's first kiss at the swings, and even the trippy amusement park scene was mentioned.

It's like the animation studio knew about the hotsprings, but they didn't know what to fill the first part of the episode with... or they did, and decided to use it to give cameos.

The last thing that thing that bothers me is the theme music choice for certain scenes. As Ai started kissing Junichi in the hotsprings, the light hearted "Sweet Actually" played. It made the scene seem less serious than it actually is, considering how this is a girl and a guy kissing and together naked. Two people of the opposite sex togethe nude without intercourse is almost like Adam and Eve before they ate the fruit from the tree. The deer peeking on their kiss symbolizes how pure and natural Ai's love for Junichi is. I expected more serious and heartfelt song to play, like Yukana's minamo.
Old 2010-10-22, 11:15   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Can't say I was overwhelmed by this arc -- or by anything since kissing behind the knee, lol. But the hot spring was a nice idea. And Yukana's voice is just wooonderful.

Of all the girls I like Morishima-sempai best. She is the most natural and bold and unusual. Of course, imouto is pretty good, too. But the protagonist just seems to get wimpier and wimpier, to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-10-22, 11:24   Link #51
Mairsile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The last thing that thing that bothers me is the theme music choice for certain scenes. As Ai started kissing Junichi in the hotsprings, the light hearted "Sweet Actually" played. It made the scene seem less serious than it actually is, considering how this is a girl and a guy kissing and together naked. Two people of the opposite sex togethe nude without intercourse is almost like Adam and Eve before they ate the fruit from the tree. The deer peeking on their kiss symbolizes how pure and natural Ai's love for Junichi is. I expected more serious and heartfelt song to play, like Yukana's minamo.
I understand what you are saying, but I think that song choice was an accurate representation of their actual relationship - simple, light-hearted and sweet.
Old 2010-10-22, 12:59   Link #52
Used Can

You know, after this arc, I wonder if the anime cast has got something against kisses. They've taken away most of the kisses from all the routes. In fact, other than Ai's, there's only one kiss at the end of every arc in the anime, when there's supposed to be many kisses on every route.

Personally, as for the anime, I still believe Haruka's arc has been the best. It had the best pacing and was the most entertaining. Ai's arc didn't deliver half as much as it could have, but it was okay. Sae's arc, for what I expected, was okay. I think Kaoru's remains the worst arc so far (along with the worst adaptation).

I don't know about Rihoko's, but I hope they don't screw Tsukasa's route.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:00   Link #53
christinemarie
Crazy One

I just hate Enterbrain for not including the part in this final episode where Junichi encounters Ai when they are still young wayback the first episode of Ai Nanasaki Arc. If only they have used it this arc may have go beyond Haruka's arc.

The redeeming factor here is they included a Yandere version of Ai Nanasaki which I truly love and Miya takes home Sae-chan.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:18   Link #54
Nerroth
NePoi!

This episode only reinforced the feeling of... I'm not sure how to put it.

I guess it's part of the problem with the format, with it only covering a certain period of time, and only from the perspective of one guy dealing with a single girl at a time, but...

...when you see how the other girls are doing (or, at least, some of them) it's kind of a bother to be left with the impression that their lives are so badly disadvantaged to not have the Male Protagonist involved in them.

Haruka seems fine enough, as does Rihoko (though I guess her arc will tell more as to what she would be 'missing'); Sae has Miya there to have fun with, and I don't recall seeing much of Kaoru at the festival, now that I think of it.

But even then, Sae has that shyness which stopped her from being involved in the contest. But on the other hand, I suppose Miya's friendship would have more of a lasting impact, I guess.

It was really troubling to see Tsukasa left all alone, though. Sure, you could say that at a later point in her life, she might find someone who can do something about that; but given the way the story is told (where things cut off at a certain point) there'd be no way to say one way or another what would happen.

(Unless you write your own story, that is.)

I dunno, maybe I'm thinking about it too much; but while I like the show, it's not always easy to overlook the issues I have with the way it's set up.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:33   Link #55
Mairsile

I think most people who read Love Goes On! would agree that a few of the scenes which were left out and replaced by original material could have added a bit more impact. In the end, though, everyone will have their own idea as to which they preferred - the manga or anime material.

Edit: I was re-watching Haruka's arc and Junichi notices a few guys working on a robot foot. lol. I completely forgot it was in that episode.

Also, Ai and Hibiki were stationed at the oden stand. So it made sense to have Junichi join Ai because she enjoys volunteering so much.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2010-10-22 at 17:47.
Old 2010-10-22, 15:25   Link #56
scarlet512
カレン愛してるよ

My favourite arc so far.
Old 2010-10-22, 15:36   Link #57
Knightrunner

Ai is a bit to bold for me but at least they are moving to the right direction
Old 2010-10-22, 17:52   Link #58
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I think most people who read Love Goes On! would agree that a few of the scenes which were left out and replaced by original material could have added a bit more impact. In the end, though, everyone will have their own idea as to which they preferred - the manga or anime material.

Edit: I was re-watching Haruka's arc and Junichi notices a few guys working on a robot foot. lol. I completely forgot it was in that episode.

Also, Ai and Hibiki were stationed at the oden stand. So it made sense to have Junichi join Ai because she enjoys volunteering so much.
Oh yeah, they had a working Gundam at the festival. I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 2010-10-22, 18:03   Link #59
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

My favorite arc. Really, Ai and Yukana's voice are too cute. I personally liked the progression in this one the best, although I wish they wouldn't have kept doing those strange filler scenes in the beginning of the episodes.
Old 2010-10-22, 20:05   Link #60
nogamo
D-DOZO!

Send a message via AIM to nogamo
I just couldn't get into this episode, no make that this arc. Something about Ai and the way the episodes played out just didn't sit well with me, so I'm rating this one the lowest so far.

Kaoru > Sae > Morishima > Ai
Closed Thread