Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 10:50   Link #961
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When you put it this way, that does make tremendous sense. I'm just not sure the Elder Bairns actually need protection from anybody. The ones we've seen so far are more than strong enough to protect themselves.

Furthermore, I'd find it weird if Saya turned out to be the protector of human eating monsters. It goes against everything she was in her previous iterations. However, since this work is unrelated to previous Blood series, I suppose anything's possible. That doesn't explain why she was killing monsters in her flahsbacks as well though.
I know what you mean. On a surface level it really goes against the grain. And I probably wouldn't have thought of it myself except for how Saya refused to go along with calling the Elder Bairns "monsters", as Tokizane pressed her too.

Saya doesn't strike me as a stickler for semantics, so if she's refusing to call the Elder Bairns "monsters", I can't help but think there's some deeper meaning to that...

There's also the fact that CLAMP has pulled wild last-second twists before, that come pretty darn close to inverting one's entire understanding of a work.
Old 2011-09-05, 14:42   Link #962
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
Watainu could have been trolling but he hinted pretty heavily that it wasn't Saya's wish that he was fulfilling.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 15:48   Link #963
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Yup, it's FukuJun.
Old 2011-09-07, 19:24   Link #964
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Within the World

In my case, I do really need to rewatch the episodes in order to pay attention to the dialogue.

What we have unfolded about in the eighth episode is:
1. Watainu, at least, is in the lookout for Sayas' memories to awaken.
2. Tadayoshi, judging from his reaction and looks, upon hearing Saya to become in par with her mother someday about the hunt for the Furukimono was certain that Saya hasn't awakened yet to the truth.
3. From Saya's reply to Tokizane's comment about the Furukimono being monsters, I can interpret that Saya's not feeling that they could be monsters, though she has no absolute idea about to whom she made promise and what would be the consequences if she breaks the promise.
Maybe the promise has some relation in respect to the covenant that the Furukimon insisted from Saya to honor.

And this episode's Furukimono returned to the relentless, vicious, and brutal nature displayed in the other ones from the previous episodes when wasting and eating humans like fodder.

The other odd thing about the start of the episode is that finding Saya covered in her enemy's blood and the corpse of the slain Furukimono by her side, that doesn't trigger within Tokizane a reaction of fear and shock, rather his reaction was him being befuddled and startled seeing Saya with such a grisly sight.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 19:26   Link #965
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I got a question. Do I miss anything if I didn't watch Blood+? I only watched that old movie from years ago.
Nothing at all. Blood+ and Blood-C are completely unrelated.
Old 2011-09-08, 13:22   Link #966
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Very solid episode, the animation seems to be back to solid standards too.

Spoiler for fast summary/notes of 9:
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:46   Link #967
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Very solid episode, the animation seems to be back to solid standards too.

Spoiler for fast summary/notes of 9:
Ahh, I want to see this! I hate that I have to work late on Thursdays now.
Old 2011-09-08, 14:45   Link #968
jdeib963

Hi! Long time viewer (3+ years) first time poster (finally!) Wow episode 9 was crazy!

Spoiler for Episode 9 crazy shit.:
jdeib963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 16:28   Link #969
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Jesus christ this episode. I know for a fact now i can't watch this show uncensored.
Old 2011-09-08, 17:33   Link #970
Byakou

I hope they answer some questions soon, I'm getting weary of the same mysteries being brought up again and again with no explanation.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:40   Link #971
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
I hope they answer some questions soon, I'm getting weary of the same mysteries being brought up again and again with no explanation.
That's the whole point, it's called build-up which is the show's strong point. We shall learn what we need to in time.
Old 2011-09-08, 18:15   Link #972
Key Board
Carbon

The covenant and Saya's promise are two different things

The covenant are between elder bairns. They tried to make Saya remember that.
It's not outright said, but it's heavily hinted that the covenant is "we will not kill each other over food source. We will respect what the other is hunting and not interfere"

They warn Saya of this several times, before finally going all out on her.

The promise is something else. It is made between Saya and a mysterious group of people.
The context is also not clear, but it seems to be something that only they can fulfill.

Also I'm pretty sure that her father, the school nurse and Tokizane aren't human
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 19:40   Link #973
Slick_rick

Best episode so far. I was pleasantly surprised how much I really enjoy this episode. Saya finally seems to be snapping out of it and asking questions. I love when she asked Tokizane why he liked her and he answer was so round about. I don't think it was him being shy to admit his reasons I don't he has any real reasons for it. He was way too silent through her questions, he wasn't confused about the answers he just didn't answer her questions.

Not enough killing though! A few more random deaths would have helped. I found it funny her eyes didn't change till after that one girl died even though the rest of the class was already dead. She certainly protected everyone...

I hope next episode Saya throws that guimauve right in Fumito's face. I'll so enjoy that. This show can still be redeemed if I get my kill em all ending. I would so give this a 10 if Saya ends up killing everyone else especially Tokizane. I kind of like the class president though, don't know why, just think he doesn't seem phony in his feelings and reactions but I won't be too upset if he dies also.
Old 2011-09-08, 20:29   Link #974
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Class rep is lucky to be alive. The dog got a hug. Nice that Tokizane finally confessed, but then had a stare down with her father.

Last edited by ars89; 2011-09-08 at 21:28.
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 21:10   Link #975
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Class rep is lucky to be alive. The dog got a hug. Nice that Tokizane finally confessed, but then ha a stare down with her father.
Does anyone really think Class rep survived because of "luck"?
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 21:21   Link #976
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I was shocked when he walked out of that building and was virtually unbloodied to boot because I was sure he was a goner. So I'd say he had help at the very least.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 21:44   Link #977
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I was shocked when he walked out of that building and was virtually unbloodied to boot because I was sure he was a goner. So I'd say he had help at the very least.
Well given that Class B was the only one in the building and he managed to be one of 2 survivors, I'd also wager more than "luck" was on his side. He does seem to be trying to wake her up and he did come to her defense. Tokizane, on the other hand, seems to be doing things to keep her under control (late night confession, trying to reinforce that she's fighting monsters).
Old 2011-09-08, 21:56   Link #978
EroKing

Animation was birlliant, Saya's fight scenes keep getting better.

Other than Watainu and Saya everyone alive till now are suspicious.

It's been slow but I prefer this kind of pacing. You don't get enough shows with blood like this one
Old 2011-09-08, 22:00   Link #979
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
You kiddin' me? He was so evasive during the entire conversation that I'm now convinced he's even more fake than the cafe owner.

And good lord Blood-C, I know your name is blood but you *really* don't need to drive that point home every few seconds! I have to admit this is one peeve that really pisses me off, characters randomly getting slaughtered left and right while the protagonist has trouble landing a hit on the monster (until just about everyone is dead of course!) so the first half of this episode was really testing my patience. At least Saya is beginning to break through the masquerade on her own now, just wish she was doing it a bit faster. >.<
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:05   Link #980
Slick_rick

I think someone had to have saved the class rep. Probably the homeroom teacher but I doubt he got of it without some help. That said, I don't think he's as complicit in the plot as the adults and probably Tokizane. I bet the whole class knew that this was a sham but not about the monsters, and who or what Saya is. I actually doubt if they were any more classes but B. Saya probably didn't ever realize before cause she's always high. I personally don't remember seeing other classes but I could be mistaken. I'd bet the class rep only lives long enough to confess to a non-high Saya and then get killed by Tokizane, then Saya puts that ass out of his misery. She'll of course have to wait till he after he's dead to "protect him" like always.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.