AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-02, 19:44   Link #121
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well the suspense its kind of overkill if you ask me. Hopefully it won't drag out too long, if this scenario of her not telling him the truth by ch 72 or later, most likely I will lose my interest. I have a lot of patience, but it is has a limit as well.
100% agree... Really need to get on with it and move on the "coming to grips" arc and then on to the "dating" arc and finally the "overcoming the species barrier/ family obstacles" arc...

Just saying...
Old 2012-07-02, 19:44   Link #122
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I know the feeling, but the flairs for the dramatic does kill the suspense and expectations as well. I think the author is trying his best not to be overly cliched, but in doing so he continues to drag on scenarios that kind of need a little more "substance" and a new clear scenario to work with to say the least.
Old 2012-07-02, 19:48   Link #123
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Yes, but too much will kill it. Its like a cake, too much sugar added in and no one will eat it. I enjoy reading it, in terms of the other high number of Romance Manga, this most be one of the great. In a way I see the author stalling, because this scenario is what the Manga was build upon ever since starting. The scenario is ending, so the author must have a hard time trying to find something new.
Old 2012-07-02, 19:52   Link #124
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

You have a point. I think the author continues to drag on the scenarios just to make a little bit more of the story rather than settle on a conclusion that will benefit the readers who wish to see an expected but acceptable outcome. I mean, that could work but since the relationship between the two main characters was developing after 50+ chapters of running, chasing, and realizations.

It's going to take a bit of clarity and work to make the pacing more acceptable and easy for the readers who wish for something that we want to expect in the long run ie. Ma Ri telling Jae Min she's a vampire herself etc.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-07-02 at 20:05.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:02   Link #125
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

*Sigh* I hope you are correct about this. I have a lot of patience and I am patiently waiting for the events to unfold to the next arc. No doubt she will tell him. This author already made a proclamation of a happy ending for these two. I would say these two get together and the new arc will be like factions of humans and Vampires who want to keep the races pure be the next obstacle.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:04   Link #126
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
You have a point. I think the author continues to drag on the scenarios just to make a little bit more of the story rather than settle on a conclusion that will benefit the readers who wish to see an expected but acceptable outcome. I mean, that could work but since the relationship between the two main characters was developing after 50+ chapters of running, chasing, and realizations.

It's going to take a bit of clarity and work to make the pacing more acceptable and easy for the readers who wish something that we want expect in the long run ie. Ma Ri telling Jae Min she's a vampire herself etc.
But why does that have to be the end of the story? There is still a lot of story they can tell after everything is on the table. I mean you have the silver haired "fiancee", the blonde-haired bitch, the vampire parents, not to mention society as a whole....

There is still so many things that can happen even after they confess and start dating.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:12   Link #127
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I know you're patience is wearing thin but just give it the benefit of the doubt just for a couple chapters more. Remember this is the actual relationship phase between the main girl and guy so that author is at least doing his part at showing the ups and downs plus obstacles that are ahead of them.

If you read the raw, the blonde "shudders", is very angry that Jae Min is still ignoring her (yay!) and will likely push Ma Ri into taking an action that will force her to get the guy to notice her, even if it's for a little bit. Or she'll do her part and continue to neglect her own heart/feelings and ignore him to the point where he'll just move on to something else. That's just my guess.

Just wait to see where this goes because you have to admit, despite the author dragging on certain scenarios the story in itself is really unique, creative, and fun. I personally can't wait to see the scanlated version of chapter 68 and the raws for chapter 69, just to prove my point.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:16   Link #128
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Alright I will take your word for it, I will read ch 68 and maybe you spoil me of ch 69 when you find it. Seriously I am jealous, that you can probably read Japanese. I should learn Japanese in college, I took Latin when I first got in.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:18   Link #129
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
But why does that have to be the end of the story? There is still a lot of story they can tell after everything is on the table. I mean you have the silver haired "fiancee", the blonde-haired bitch, the vampire parents, not to mention society as a whole....

There is still so many things that can happen even after they confess and start dating.
That's not what I'm saying. What I was trying to convey was the "end" of each arcs in steps rather than ending the series completely. Have you read my other comments? I know we're at the relationship phase, but the problem I'm trying to address to the people who are getting impatient or upset with how the story continues to drag on, is how the author is still trying to create a story with more possibilities for outcomes, predictions, and character development.

Ma Ri is in a tough situation right now because of the blonde "shudders", and also the white haired fiance breaking her hopes for human and vampire coexistence. It's just a matter of her trying to find an answer that will allow her to move forward and see where her love for Jae Min will take her in the long run if he manages to learn the truth behind her existence. She's in a tough situation, but she always had people beside her and the resolve to get through it. She's such a magical and powerful heroine in my opinion. I don't know about you, but that's just me.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:26   Link #130
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Alright I will take your word for it, I will read ch 68 and maybe you spoil me of ch 69 when you find it. Seriously I am jealous, that you can probably read Japanese. I should learn Japanese in college, I took Latin when I first got in.
I can't read Japanese that well to be honest.

The raws for the series is Korean not Japanese, and I just go by what I observe by the pictures I see in the raws and the irony is that I'm generally on the mark when I view and observe them the translations pretty much sums ups my questions and answers.

Sorry to lower your expectations of me, but just being honest. Here's chapter 68 raw if you're interested. If you do view it, tell me what you think.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:30   Link #131
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hahaha well the raw did give me some hope, liked the part where she gives the white head a slap to the face. Jae, all I got to say is he truly loves her. The way he keeps chasing makes all the doubts go away he will care of what she is. There is no way Ma can keep this secret forever, she best to tell him and get the truth from him instead of going what everybody else says. The thing that haven't hit her yet is that those other people are not Jae, hopefully she will realize that.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:33   Link #132
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I agree with you, but remember in my previous posts when I said that the blonde will possibly force her to step back and make her take some sort of action to ensure that Ma Ri will keep her distance from him.

I'm sure that Ma Ri will find her answers but it's just a matter of when.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:35   Link #133
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Alright lets leave it at that, and wait till the next chapter comes out or the raws to pick up this discussion.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:37   Link #134
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Sounds like a plan! I'll be sure to fill you in when the next chapter gets released or scanlated.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:39   Link #135
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 69 raws have been released!

Spoiler for Chapter 69:

It makes me happy that Ma Ri has friends to have her back no matter what. I'm truly interested to see where this is going. I hate you blondie!
Old 2012-07-06, 15:19   Link #136
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Chapter 68 has finally been scanlated and released! Jae Min, after the rejections you still keep coming back. Blondies face at the end just makes me laugh... eh, you little witch I hate you!
Old 2012-07-06, 15:37   Link #137
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Jae Min has a lot of patience. Hopefully Ma will finally tell him the truth, the thing I find so weird is that many people in real life follow this route as well. Afraid to tell their secrets of fear they may be cast aside by the person they love. The thing for Ma is to tell the truth, get the concept that you cannot see the future outcome.
Old 2012-07-06, 17:41   Link #138
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I know the feeling, Yuki from GE was like that until she took Utsumi the truth about her past with her ex. I mean, he took it hard at first but understood quickly than expected because of his understanding personality and his willingness to protect her.

Jae Min right now only see Ma Ri has something he truly but genuinely fancies rather than something he needs to protect at the moment. Ma Ri is neglecting her own feelings and her resolve to tell him the truth because if he doesn't take it like her female friends have, then she'll probably have to move and the hard work her father is doing at her job would go up in smoke.

Ma Ri is also putting her families happiness in mind, she could tell him and get it over with, but at the same time she'll put her families hard work at risk for her own personal issues.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:22   Link #139
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

That is the thing, Ma Ri has to choose between family and her love. Quite tough there, but I think I would choose love due to the fact I was in the same scenario minus the Supernatural, I already made that decision, no regrets. Jae Min would probably do something about it, he is very popular in school and make change the crowd if things come for worse if Ma's secret goes out and it goes the wrong direction. I like Jae Min, he takes charge and he used his head. He is probably thinking, why did she refuse and she seems hurt to refuse me? Other guys would have given up by now, Ma got herself a good guy so it is best she starts off right and tell him her big secret.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:38   Link #140
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

That's true, Ma Ri is having a hard time choosing between family or her love, makes sense because of the situation and the circumstances that she's in. I really like Jae Min and he's really matured as a male lead since their "falling out" a couple arcs back. It's clear that he deeply loves her, and he wants to be with her, but it's like I said previously he only sees her as an object of affection rather than something he needs to protect at the moment. That's not a bad thing, since he needs to understand her circumstances more in order to fulfill that task.

Ma Ri, I'm sure knows that Jae Min is a truly amazing guy but right now her fears of risking her families happiness and staying in the status quo is being threatened at the moment. I'm sure she'll tell him, but right now she needs to find where she stands in the situation that she's in.

Have you read the chapter 69 raws, I think it proves some of our points we've discussed previously.