AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 22:27   Link #321
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, so I made a characters/seiyuus page to help me get them straight. It gives pics of each character and their seiyuu, and a bit of info about the seiyuu. The characters are still fairly difficult to distinguish. The girls wear different uniforms, at least so far: Sakai's darker music uniform, vs. Sana's general studies white blouse and skirt. And Sana's hair has a slightly reddish tinge, whereas Sakai's is a bit greyish.

@Guardian_Enzo -- Really, we just react to things differently. To me, there is a reason many cliches survive to become cliches: they are emotionally effective memes/tropes. I would rather see staff trying to make them emotionally effective, than staff who are ashamed of them and can find no way of getting value from them than by poking fun.

This show is working for me so far, but we aren't very far into anything yet. I liked Hanasaku Iroha, overall, but it did lose its footing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-02 at 22:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:39   Link #322
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
3 girls and 2 boys... hmm interesting.

Possible pairings:
- Minko 2.0 x Austria-kun
- Chihaya Ohana 2.0 x Nako 2.0
- Badminton-kun will stay a ronery boy

- Love triangle between Minko 2.0, Austria-Kun, and Chihaya Ohana 2.0
- Nako 2.0 x the horse
- Badminton-kun will stay a ronery boy
I personally am a bit partial to...
1) Austria-kun x Noe Minko 2.0 (ironic when her character is more like Hiromi lol)
2) Badminton X Chihaya Ohana 2.0
3) Hayamin all to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Chiahaya's seiyuu plays Miyamoto, and her osananajimi (possibly) is named Taichi.

Sakai is played by the seiyuu who played Taichi as a sixth-grader.
A shame that this series isn't released on a Tuesday?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:59   Link #323
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Damn it! Shippers readying their goggles from the first ep?
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 00:47   Link #324
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Animation quality was top notch. Hopefully the music part of this series will be too.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 06:54   Link #325
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
You make it sound as if that isn't what shippers already do; it's basically our job description.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 08:13   Link #326
shibakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post

And we do seem to have at least two bucket loads of drama looming. Whatever it is that makes the music teacher so miserable, and what seems to be bothering Sakai so much that she gets so mad and yells at Miyamoto? Perhaps something to do with the child we saw at the beginning of the episode? Just a guess.
Sakai's story seems pretty predictable imo. She's the child in the beginning and that was her mother. In turn, she acts this way because her mother passed away at an early age and has taken the mother role at home.

As far as the teacher is concerned, it probably has to do with her experiencing being denied of the ability to do something and it all became a dream in her end since she didn't pursue it. That's why she is also relentless on telling Miya to give up. Considering her role, it is weird that she tells Miya to 'give up'. I find that the only people who do that are the ones who experienced something similar(not able to accomplish a goal) and gave up. So they pass their grief onto others.
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 09:31   Link #327
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just scanned the episode and I say I find this anime most interesting... the drawings good.. cute and its like it'll have a dash of romance... I'll keep this in my list!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 10:07   Link #328
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Shippers always have their goggles on.

Personally, I don't think there is going to be any romance in this anime. Seems more friendship oriented.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:29   Link #329
arkxkra
全力全開

er, a familar song - True Tears opening song

and I lol at the kneeling, best opening

op & ed song also not bad!
Old 2012-07-03, 10:54   Link #330
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Sakai's story seems pretty predictable imo. She's the child in the beginning and that was her mother. In turn, she acts this way because her mother passed away at an early age and has taken the mother role at home.
That's exactly the impression I got, as well.

Quote:
As far as the teacher is concerned, it probably has to do with her experiencing being denied of the ability to do something and it all became a dream in her end since she didn't pursue it. That's why she is also relentless on telling Miya to give up. Considering her role, it is weird that she tells Miya to 'give up'. I find that the only people who do that are the ones who experienced something similar(not able to accomplish a goal) and gave up. So they pass their grief onto others.
This too. She is most likely projecting her own dismal failure onto what she thinks would happen to Miyamoto if she persued her dream. However, it's not all that uncommon for teachers or guidance counselors to be entirely mistaken when it comes to the artistic potential of an individual student. There are many real life cases where the teacher or counselor has told a student to "give up your dream of being famous" whereupon the student actually has lived their dream and become a famous singer/actor/comedian/etc.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 12:18   Link #331
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oh, man. I am ever-ready to ship, but at least I wait until there's something shippy going on before I start. The tea leaves are very hard to read right now:

(1) The term "ronery boy" is obviously significant. Whether it means Taichi will remain ronery or will cease to be ronery, I don't know. But I do think he's too attractive a guy -- in many ways: appearance, athleticism, determination, freedom of spirit -- to remain alone.

(2) We do know that Sakai and Wien will be thrown together in their supplementary classes.

(3) The pregnant teacher told Sakai to call her when she got a boyfriend. She told her to get off it, but the possibility is now out there.

My feeling is that Sakai and Taichi kind of suit each other, in their seriousness; and that Wien and Konatsu have a similar aura of flakiness. But all possibilities are open, including that the show evolves through friendship, without romance.

I agree with shibakun that Sakai is the happy kid at the beginning, before her mother died. But I don't see her development from that as "predictable"; I see it as an interesting bit of background being clearly hinted to us by the staff. The fact that we know it's coming may make the emotional pay-off stronger, rather than weaker. The emotional set-ups this show is being loaded with are already giving me enjoyment.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-03 at 12:58.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:55   Link #332
Marina2

The setting..........is it Kamakura city???
Old 2012-07-03, 13:14   Link #333
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The setting..........is it Kamakura city???
Kamakura and Enoshima. Of course, Japanese fans have already started to make "journeys to the holy sites" for this show. Here is one page of them. Top to bottom: Kamakura High School station; the road east up the slope from the station; a flower shop near Enoshima station; Higashihama Beach at Enoshima; Enoshima post office; view from near the entrance to Enoshima Shrine; Aburaya tea house at Enoshima (several shots, inside and out). Here's another site, and another.

One of the bits of visual excellence I liked was the worn wood of the posts on the station platform (Kamakura High School station). I also liked the animators' fantasy of having Konatsu spin around as she got off the train. It did add just the right amount of visual interest, but seemed a lot of work to go to for one second of image.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:19   Link #334
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kamakura and Enoshima. Of course, Japanese fans have already started to make "journeys to the holy sites" for this show. Here is one page of them. Top to bottom: Kamakura High School station; the road east up the slope from the station; a flower shop near Enoshima station; Higashihama Beach at Enoshima; Enoshima post office; view from near the entrance to Enoshima Shrine; Aburaya tea house at Enoshima (several shots, inside and out).
Ah, thanks for the link. My memory is correct then. I like this setting because one of the first few japanese animes that I watched (Uta-kata) had the same setting as this.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:23   Link #335
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Where in the episode was the term "ronery boy" mentioned?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 13:30   Link #336
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
At about 4:11 into the episode she says, "ronery boy" in English, but was translated, in the version I watched, as "forever alone."
Old 2012-07-03, 13:34   Link #337
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
This part.

And speaking of yuri googles, mine were shining quite brightly at this particular scene.

Last edited by EroKing; 2012-07-03 at 13:49.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 13:50   Link #338
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ah, thanks for the link. My memory is correct then. I like this setting because one of the first few japanese animes that I watched (Uta-kata) had the same setting as this.
One of the first I watched, too. Loved the setting from that time on. Loved that fairly forgotten anime, too. Gotou Keiji's best, for me.
Old 2012-07-03, 14:10   Link #339
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
And god I love Sawa's causal clothes, it was something that caught my attention in the PVs before airing but I had actually forgetten about it until I saw her in that get up <3.
I gotta agree with you there. I'm not a slave to fashion, myself, but she looks very stylish to me in her dress, and that hat of hers does seem to be the icing on the cake. I hope she's not a one-trick pony, but that we get to see her in a variety of get-ups over the course of the anime.

I did wonder about badminton-boy. How is it that he gets to be in a club with a membership of one, but Konatsu has to have five members to start a group? At least he's passionate about his sport, even though it seems pretty pathetic having no one else to practice with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
And speaking of yuri googles, mine were shining quite brightly at this particular scene...
I must not be wearing mine as I didn't see anything of the sort. Oh, that's right, I don't have any yuri goggles.

Quote:
(2) We do know that Sakai and Wien will be thrown together in their supplementary classes.
I must have missed that part, but I don't remember the teacher (or anyone else) saying who would be the other student joining in the supplementary classes. Not that I don't doubt it. Was stated more explicitly in the RAW version? Please enlighten me.
Old 2012-07-03, 14:13   Link #340
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Oh, man. I am ever-ready to ship, but at least I wait until there's something shippy going on before I start. The tea leaves are very hard to read right now:
I kinda find this weird even tho I'm the same, always ready set sail and this would be the type of series any shipper could relish in however with this 1st ep it is hard indeed to get a sense of anything.
Besides just coming up with whatever crazy left field pairing one's mind can come up with nothing to really point at yet.
Expect for me, I believe the teacher has a thing for Tanaka who's to say the oh so nice teacher can't have thing for one of her students

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works