Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 08:17   Link #6961
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post
Who's the new Mewtwo-looking Pokemon I've seen pictures floating around of recently?

Didn't see anything about it in Bulbapedia.
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Mewtwo...d_Pok%C3%A9mon

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 08:55   Link #6962
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Thank you, it's weird that Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything.

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 08:56   Link #6963
HasuMasu
*Artist

Reminds me a lot of...Frieza.
Old 2013-05-17, 07:17   Link #6964
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

what font is this pic using

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:53   Link #6965
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
what font is this pic using

http://i.imgur.com/3dOuR28.jpg
That font would be "Impact". Most meme-related pictures use this font with the white text and black border.
Old 2013-05-17, 09:57   Link #6966
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Does anyone know what show is this?

Old 2013-05-17, 10:04   Link #6967
iceyfw

the .gif is from a Japanese show called Densha Otoko. anime otaku asks for online dating advice from a BBS after saving the heroine on a train from a drunk.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 10:05   Link #6968
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Ah, the one based on story from 2ch?
Old 2013-05-18, 08:56   Link #6969
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Ah, the one based on story from 2ch?
Yes, that's the one. It was a very good drama series, I can highly recommend it.
Old 2013-05-18, 08:58   Link #6970
HasuMasu
*Artist

The real Densha Otoko is actually a member here, aohige.

You can imagine how freaked out I was when I found out.

It happened a long time ago so he doesn't really remember all the details, particularly about specific 2ch posts...of which there were hundreds of thousands in the original Densha Otoko Thread, but from what he was able to tell me the real story was a lot weirder.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:01   Link #6971
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

What? Hasumi are joking or serious?
Old 2013-05-18, 10:09   Link #6972
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I had been watching the Bruce Lee story but one thing I want to know is how long was the fighting arts practiced in the United States prior to the 'Kung Fu Boom'?
Old 2013-05-18, 13:40   Link #6973
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Are there any trees in Japan that produce red coloured wood?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:07   Link #6974
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Random gaming question!

Is it safe to ignore Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and just buy The Two Thrones? Actually, do I even need the sequels?

Considerations:

1) I've heard wonderful things about the Sands of Time and will buy it on good old games today because it's (finally?) on sale.

2) I'm a storyfag. I think Heroes of Might & Magic IV is the best ever despite the flawed mechanics and general bad reputation among the series' fans because the stories are soooo good. Contrarily, I cannot stand the fifth installment of that series because it's one of those "the story is secondary and meandering and generic and long and we just want something to make you move the units this way" strategy games.

3) I'm also a completionist storyfag. Flashbacks! Secret pasts! Moar adventures! I dislike story holes, which is why I'm very bitter about the fragmented DLC gaming world trend in general.

4) HOWEVER, I am simply intolerant, @#%# go cut yourself sick of "gritty," "edgy," grimdark, action games. I cannot -- simply cannot -- stand them. The only people in the world I'd allow to throw that stuff at me is Linkin Park, and I only turn them on when I need to vent some teenage angst rage.

5) Moreover, I like bright games. There are too few of them in the grittygrimdarkbaldingspacemarinebrogamer Western gaming industry. One of my favorite games ever is the utterly hilarious Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

So basically, if I skip forward, how big are the story holes? How bright and charming is the Two Thrones in comparison to its [supposedly] charming original? Will I miss anything big or can I enjoy The Sands of Time on its own terms?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 23:36   Link #6975
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

It happened a long time ago so he doesn't really remember all the details, particularly about specific 2ch posts...of which there were hundreds of thousands in the original Densha Otoko Thread, but from what he was able to tell me the real story was a lot weirder.
Oh my.....
Old 2013-05-19, 00:32   Link #6976
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Random gaming question!

Is it safe to ignore Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and just buy The Two Thrones? Actually, do I even need the sequels?

Considerations:

1) I've heard wonderful things about the Sands of Time and will buy it on good old games today because it's (finally?) on sale.

2) I'm a storyfag. I think Heroes of Might & Magic IV is the best ever despite the flawed mechanics and general bad reputation among the series' fans because the stories are soooo good. Contrarily, I cannot stand the fifth installment of that series because it's one of those "the story is secondary and meandering and generic and long and we just want something to make you move the units this way" strategy games.

3) I'm also a completionist storyfag. Flashbacks! Secret pasts! Moar adventures! I dislike story holes, which is why I'm very bitter about the fragmented DLC gaming world trend in general.

4) HOWEVER, I am simply intolerant, @#%# go cut yourself sick of "gritty," "edgy," grimdark, action games. I cannot -- simply cannot -- stand them. The only people in the world I'd allow to throw that stuff at me is Linkin Park, and I only turn them on when I need to vent some teenage angst rage.

5) Moreover, I like bright games. There are too few of them in the grittygrimdarkbaldingspacemarinebrogamer Western gaming industry. One of my favorite games ever is the utterly hilarious Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

So basically, if I skip forward, how big are the story holes? How bright and charming is the Two Thrones in comparison to its [supposedly] charming original? Will I miss anything big or can I enjoy The Sands of Time on its own terms?
PoP is independent for each game. You can just buy standalones.

And :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Are there any trees in Japan that produce red coloured wood?
Update to question : in which part of Japan are the trees usually found?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:07   Link #6977
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The three titles The Sands of Time, Warrior Within and The Two Thrones together make up something like a triology.
So you shouldn't regard the letter two as sequels to the original. They both have at least the same quality, continue the storyline and improve in little steps.
Warriot Within introduces a new character , which is important for when playing the last part.

Of course you can still play them independetely.
But I can only advise you to not skip on Warrior Within. It's my favorite part of the franchise.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:41   Link #6978
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

You must have me confused with someone else.
I'm not associated with anything Densha Otoko related.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:14   Link #6979
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Random gaming question!

I haven't played these series so I don't know, but you can always go through them vicariously with someone else's play-through. I'd be surprised if there weren't a "let's play" type of video on Youtube, or a rip of all of the cinematic scenes. If you're unfamiliar with "let's play" videos, someone basically records their run through the game in a video that can last for a few hours. Repetitive bits, parts where they got stuck, or lengthy bits with no events of significance are usually edited out or sped up. You don't get the full gaming experience, but it's far superior to reading all of the events and spoilers for that particular game.
Old 2013-05-19, 11:52   Link #6980
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You must have me confused with someone else.
I'm not associated with anything Densha Otoko related.
Lies!

Pray spill the beans in all its Hermes goodness.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious