AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-10, 00:08   Link #21
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Fine, fine. You like what you like, then. Just don't go around telling me what I like is crap simply because you don't like it. Do remember, a 1957 Chevy still looks cool to an older guy.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 07:17   Link #22
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Meh, balance > you. Something like Zetas and all it's Plus incarnations.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 00:57   Link #23
reinloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I don't know about you but I want cool looking units. I would rather see stuff like the Epyon then the ugly Zeong or Turn A. Why not make cool looking MS?
A mobile suit is supposed to be a utilitarian tool, not a marketing piece. Think like an engineer. That means:
1) Simple in design to ease production and maintenance.
2) No huge backpacks with wings, oversized cannons, etc that affects balance, storage, getting up after falling on the back, etc.
3) As small as possible all aspect profile.
4) Many more.
reinloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 03:46   Link #24
kct

Also, something imposing is fine too. ZZ is imposing at least, if the FAZZ is insane.
Old 2006-09-13, 03:56   Link #25
OMG_Zerg_Rush

I read on ign or gamespy (can't remember which one) that the 360 will get its own version thats different from ps3 , the 360 one is more like EAs battlefield games.
________
Vaporizer Answer

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:44.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 12:03   Link #26
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Katana misconception? Katanas DO work better than other swords!

Though I'm not sure about the JSFs...stealth is pretty much silly when terrorists have no radars anyway! >.<

The F22 right now is an anachronism, I feel...its prey (Cold War Russian fighter jets) no longer exist in that state, and even the amazing Su-37 super flanker, Su-47 (Forward swept wing version) and Mig 1.44 (sleek n' shiny eurofighter with far more power) simply do not have the funds to compete with the F-22.
Old 2006-09-13, 13:20   Link #27
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Katana misconception? Katanas DO work better than other swords!
Slightely off topic.

Katana DO NOT work better than every other sword, that is a myth propelled by D&D fanatics and blind worshippers of so-called Asian mystics. Every other sword, including the Katana, were constructed for specific purposes. For example, German zweihanders were designed as line-breakers, especially against massive pike formation employed by the Swiss during the Renaissance.

Katana, being constructed mainly as a slicing weapon, would have done very little against soldiers with heavier armor. Moreover, even traditional Japanese armours proved to be very resistant against katana cuts.

Facts:

1. The katana we know today is in fact a post 1500 product. An artifact dictated by the ruling Tokugawa family in its length, width and cnostruction. Swords during the Japanese warring states were shown to be quite different.

2. Bows and lances were usually the tools that produced the first casualties, not swords.

Additionally, prior to the 19th century, Japan had not won a single war outside of its own territory. Every Japanese attempt at invading the Asian mainland were often thwarted by the Chinese completely to the point of embrassment. Needless to say, the 'katana' weren't exacty life-savers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
The F22 right now is an anachronism, I feel...its prey (Cold War Russian fighter jets) no longer exist in that state, and even the amazing Su-37 super flanker, Su-47 (Forward swept wing version) and Mig 1.44 (sleek n' shiny eurofighter with far more power) simply do not have the funds to compete with the F-22.
The F-22 may feel like an anachronism right now, because no nation on Earth has the power to challenge the war machine that is the United States.

But, give it a little time, and soon Chinese jets will be squaring off against American ones, manned or otherwise.

- Tak (And anything else regarding this subject-matter at this time, I feel, is more appropriately discussed in private msgs)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 08:00   Link #28
Bossman

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3459_en.html#forum

I prefer the look of the Xbox 360 Gundam game. In that you can also exit the gundam and do some shooting as a regular grunt which I think isn't possible in the PS3 version.
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 18:55   Link #29
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
At least the 360 game looks like it got the scale right.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 19:57   Link #30
Lebron
I hear voices

hmm didn't see this thread, probably could of posted my question in here, instead of making a new thread, my bad.

But yea, although the PS3 version looks alright, well not in those pics, but im sure come release it will look good. It just looks like the same style of gundam games we got for the PS2.

The 360 version seems to be trying something new, and the battlefield idea with mechs and other vechiles included, seems to fit well. Should get more info though, come TGS
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 06:07   Link #31
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I don't know about you but I want cool looking units. I would rather see stuff like the Epyon then the ugly Zeong or Turn A. Why not make cool looking MS?
They have. Check my post.

And the Turn A is awesome. Moustache, Gundam hammer and nuclear missiles? I'm game.

And I actually think that Epyon looks way, way, WAY worse than the Zeong, which just needs a small head redesign, but at least it has some funky 70's charm.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 06:26   Link #32
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk
Fine, fine. You like what you like, then. Just don't go around telling me what I like is crap simply because you don't like it. Do remember, a 1957 Chevy still looks cool to an older guy.
While UC may appeal to people like you for the reason you posted before, it doesn't really mean jack to marketters. Gundam is not about what works and what doesn't. Do you see a Initial-D like Ryosuke explaination on how the Wing Gundam even works? Pssh. It has WINGS. It FLIES. That's ALL fans need to know. If there's people that are content with that, they will like it. Guess what? There's MANY of them, and lots are here.

If Pimping out/Tuning cars wasn't a markettable thing, do you think it would've gotten a time in our era? Sure it died down pretty quick, but fact is, there are people who are willing to cash out to be flashy one way or another. Gundam is no different.

Quote:
A mobile suit is supposed to be a utilitarian tool, not a marketing piece. Think like an engineer. That means:
1) Simple in design to ease production and maintenance.
2) No huge backpacks with wings, oversized cannons, etc that affects balance, storage, getting up after falling on the back, etc.
3) As small as possible all aspect profile.
4) Many more.
That's a nice theory, but it only applies after the flash factor. Marketting IS what gets people to buy models. What is a bigger marketting audience? People who pay for flash or people who love to tinker? Believe me, flash wins. People don't spam buy clothes in real life for no reason. The points you listed can only be implemented after the flash is put in, and even then it's given detail if there is time. Hence why there is absolutely NO explanation on why the hell Strike Freedom is the way it is, being a evolution of Gundam W/ Megazord cannons to Gundam W/ LOTS of Megazord cannons.

Quote:
Slightely off topic.

Katana DO NOT work better than every other sword, that is a myth propelled by D&D fanatics and blind worshippers of so-called Asian mystics. Every other sword, including the Katana, were constructed for specific purposes. For example, German zweihanders were designed as line-breakers, especially against massive pike formation employed by the Swiss during the Renaissance.

Katana, being constructed mainly as a slicing weapon, would have done very little against soldiers with heavier armor. Moreover, even traditional Japanese armours proved to be very resistant against katana cuts.

Facts:

1. The katana we know today is in fact a post 1500 product. An artifact dictated by the ruling Tokugawa family in its length, width and cnostruction. Swords during the Japanese warring states were shown to be quite different.

2. Bows and lances were usually the tools that produced the first casualties, not swords.

Additionally, prior to the 19th century, Japan had not won a single war outside of its own territory. Every Japanese attempt at invading the Asian mainland were often thwarted by the Chinese completely to the point of embrassment. Needless to say, the 'katana' weren't exacty life-savers.
This guy knows his stuff.

Quote:
And the Turn A is awesome. Moustache, Gundam hammer and nuclear missiles? I'm game.
You know, the way you explain Turn A immediately reminds me of Mario. I really don't think that is the "cool picture" you wanted to make people think of.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 06:39   Link #33
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm
You know, the way you explain Turn A immediately reminds me of Mario. I really don't think that is the "cool picture" you wanted to make people think of.
Mario doesn't have a Gundam hammer or nuclear missiles, although I wish he did.

Turn A Gundam

It can also kick the ass of, well, anything.

Last edited by srb; 2006-09-15 at 14:42.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 10:19   Link #34
kct

Also, Moonlight Butterfly to rape even V2's WoL >.> .
Old 2006-09-15, 21:36   Link #35
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Turn A is one of the best Gundam designs out there. It's simple, sleek, very origional, and looks incredible in motion. It's down to business while looking foreign and unique at the same time. You want flash? MLB FTW.

Yes, there are designs out there that beat it, but it is definetly one of the better designs in the last 10 years(with X, the Astrays, and Stargazer)

And by the way, Stargazer is the best looking MS in CE. Period.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 02:16   Link #36
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir
And by the way, Stargazer is the best looking MS in CE. Period.
- Even if it's a ripoff of Fitchenfoo's Shinobi Strike?

(Yes, I know it's not been proven, I just had to mention that)

And MooMooFarm--Let's just agree to disagree. I've got nothing against Seed or alternate universe Gundam, I just personally want to see more UC stuff out there aside from model kits.
Old 2006-09-16, 03:25   Link #37
kct

wave: enjoy your UC model kits, we have not heard of your Titans Mk.II V2.0 for some time now >.> .

Needs more grunt AU MSes. Windams are a good example of design getting raped by plot >.> .
Old 2006-09-16, 10:26   Link #38
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
And the GINN, CGUE, and GuAIZ aren't? They were great and original designs, then they got tossed in favor of unspectacular UC rips. I'd even go so far to say that they(GINN, etc) were as realistic as their UC counterparts.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 01:49   Link #39
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

KCT--the MK-II is done construction but not painting, been really lazy lately and have bought the F91, so...no, I haven't bought a digital camera either. ^_^;;;

I seem to be the only person who likes the Zaku Warrior but loathes the Dom Trooper. Which is ironic, since in UC terms I liked the Doms better than the Zakus. And besides, the Jet Stream Attack just doesn't seem....right...with that flowery pink fairydust protecting it.

But I'll admit, the Ginn and GuAiz were pretty good designs.
Old 2006-09-17, 04:12   Link #40
kct

They are. They should deserve their own spot in HG kits >.> .

Before I derail this thread further, how is Operation Troy is going to be different from this? Or it is 2 different games?