AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 10:42   Link #341
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Did you draw that picture for Catherine, Tk?

By the way Babylon, who exactly is Phantom Task? I don't recall reading a description on them before.
Old 2011-02-18, 10:45   Link #342
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Canon Universe Baddies.

You'll hear from em later... as for details. no need to spoil. :P
Old 2011-02-18, 12:28   Link #343
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

As continued...

Spoiler for New Arms:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:19   Link #344
Terminator98
*Author

Wow, that's a lot of packs.
I feel that you're the Strike Gundam of the party. XD
Old 2011-02-18, 14:41   Link #345
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Did you draw that picture for Catherine, Tk?

By the way Babylon, who exactly is Phantom Task? I don't recall reading a description on them before.
Pfff na I cropped it off an OC Strike Witch, she was based on a spy plane and had the sort of look I was thinking off. I used to draw long ago, but I stopped in middle school and lost whatever minor skill I'd accumulated over the next decade or so.

On the topic of bad guys I'm personally just planning to have mine be affiliated with Phantom Task. We know really jack all about the full extent of their operations or assets, so it's pretty easy to make crap up about them, but we do know they have high tech weapons so it doesn't seem like such an ass pull for them to have high power weapons to threaten OCs with. If you assume they say operate in mostly independent cells for security it wouldn't be hard to fold allot of the villian OC into them as smaller front operations under their banner either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Yeah well... Being in denial helps slow the slippery slope.

I haven't struck US off the chart. Guess what happened when someone did, and bombed their little port? Data is one thing, constantly being forced to pay for an endless guerilla war means funds not being dumped into R&D. And there's also the Omega Division constantly reminding us of the US foreign intervention policy.

In before someone comparing the US IS vs Foundation IS (gen 2.5 ones, not the spacey Gladiator Stratos) like the M16 vs AK47 debates of old.
Not what I meant, but more of this will come out in Rachael back story in shorts and fic hence why I'm being cagey. recall I did mention that there are times when her IS can't be easily accounted for, there's a reason for that.

Quote:
And I must be blind, because when I see you and Canada I was hoping to find a character full of Canadian jokes, but I don't really see it at a glance.
When have I ever implied a dislike for Canada, while beyond making fun of them when they act stupid, but hell I do that for everyone. I happen to quite like the 51st state, certainly they rather better neighbors then the ruffians to the south. The "joke" such as it is is that Canada has a reputation for being nice guys, but in this background they're basically scheming dicks and their representative is a nosy, poorly mannered busy body.

It's not like I was going to have her wearing flannel, ending all her sentences in "eh", and calling her IS "beaver" and arming it with a woodsman axe or something. A. that's not very funny and B. it's too easy.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2011-02-18 at 14:53.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 17:17   Link #346
Terminator98
*Author

@Tk: Beware the Canadian.... :P
I'm kinda lost in the description of the IS, understanding that it's basically Blue Tears while NOT being Blue Tears... XD Might be because it's 2:15 AM here...

@Asuras: I think I wasn't that clear enough. Phantom Task is a CANON and REALLY EXISTANT group of bad guys that are after Ichika in the Anime and LN (well, not in the anime yet). That's all you need to know. :P

And now, I have decided to rename my fan-fic, and that was because the name I chose didn't really fit to Infinite Stratos I think... And it kinda had an... "odd feeling."

So first of all, here's the pre-last protagonist I think... (WELL THINK, IF MY FIC PLANNING DOESN'T GO OVERBOARD).

She's not limited to being an IS now (well, later that is). Let me show you the one that defrosted the undefrostable, and that would make Ichika's denseness melt away if they met. I do believe, that is... LYN KANZAKI!

So yeah... James and Meister... you have a Yamato Nadesico to play with. Of course... she happens to enter at chapter 14 of my fan-fic... which is... quite far. :P

Speaking of my fan-fic...

INFINITE STRATOS : OMEGA GAIDEN (Table of Contents!)

There's the listing of all the titles of my chapters, if they're a srs episode or not (which means, jokes and such).

Joke episodes will tend to feature more OC chars.
I'm not taking every single OC from here. I'm fitting those that I find have a spot in the story or are the most practical to use.

Already confirmed apparitions from the OC list:

- Saji
- Karon
- Helena
- Erika
- Edward

There are a few more that have a chance of appearing, but will have to consider twice. I might as well put some random student in their place, but putting an OC gives me a background and possible ongoing back-stories to add some spices and flavor.

Look at those pics. Isn't Lyn HNNNGGG????!!!! OMG... I think I just fell in love with my own creation.

P.S: I certify that the events in the fan-fic contain no ground breaking plot twists! (well, depends on your level of tolerance to a certain degree)

EDIT: OC List Updated with my latest char. I might be adding the pilot name to the IS tommorow when I wake up. Always that about doing that, never had the courage. :P

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-18 at 17:27.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:13   Link #347
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Edit: Whoo, Chifuyu sword action ftw! Smexy teachers.
Unfortunately, its been sent back to the drawing board because it was needlessly and pointlessly grimdark.

The story is short is now inspired by the Mumbai Hotel incident, and is the frame for discussing the Alaska Treaty. Considering that Treaty constantly comes up to tie the hands of my characters (got 2 other ideas like this), I think I'm starting to use it like the Prime Directive!

Quote:
The thing is, I think we might be having TOO many evil corporations sprouting up. One or two should be enough, with the background companies that each character originates from being taken care off in our own seperate fan-fics (I'll take care of Omega Division's shady stuff and elaborate clearly on Enrique and Sophia).

Of course, we have to mention the companies if we make other people's chars appear, or we could just say that "it's so secret we don't talk about it in this story. plz read Gundam Astray/OOP/Wonderful Side stories if you want to know more about them.
Yeah, my original intention was a shadow war against irregulars without IS, companies developing ISes illegally, and mostly fighting PT. Once the OC villians started appearing, I instinctly tried to include all of them...

...turning IS: Shooting Star into Super IS Wars OG. Back to PT it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As continued...

Spoiler for New Arms:
Without the IS core, there's also no flight instruments, no force field, no life support system, no integrity field, no gyroscope, no balancing circuits, no etc that allows a piece of body armor be so compact its almost an armored bikini compared to the Space Marines. The Halycon would be as bulky as a human-sized Tieren, lacking any field defence and would be pretty ugly too.

On the flip side, without needing the IS core, men could probably pilot this. In other words, a Foundation counterpart to the US battle armor also made from 1st Gen parts as proposed by someone earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Wow, that's a lot of packs.
I feel that you're the Strike Gundam of the party. XD
Its a mass-production IS that actually can be infinitely mass-produced with enough cash.

But Starwright has always given me the impression of being Strike. Hence why the Cosmic Shroud upgrade made me think of TM revolution insert songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
On the topic of bad guys I'm personally just planning to have mine be affiliated with Phantom Task. We know really jack all about the full extent of their operations or assets, so it's pretty easy to make crap up about them, but we do know they have high tech weapons so it doesn't seem like such an ass pull for them to have high power weapons to threaten OCs with. If you assume they say operate in mostly independent cells for security it wouldn't be hard to fold allot of the villian OC into them as smaller front operations under their banner either.

Not what I meant, but more of this will come out in Rachael back story in shorts and fic hence why I'm being cagey. recall I did mention that there are times when her IS can't be easily accounted for, there's a reason for that.
"Multi-headed hydra" was the term I used in prewriting. I'd agree here, there's enough grey in PT (not even the wiki has them listed) to use them as a foil in many ways, like how Advanced Wars used the Shadow Army is various ways depending on the nation you chose to fight for.

Quote:
When have I ever implied a dislike for Canada, while beyond making fun of them when they act stupid, but hell I do that for everyone. I happen to quite like the 51st state, certainly they rather better neighbors then the ruffians to the south. The "joke" such as it is is that Canada has a reputation for being nice guys, but in this background they're basically scheming dicks and their representative is a nosy, poorly mannered busy body.
She's a fine OC for that.

Quote:
It's not like I was going to have her wearing flannel, ending all her sentences in "eh", and calling her IS "beaver" and arming it with a woodsman axe or something. A. that's not very funny and B. it's too easy.

Quote:
So yeah... James and Meister... you have a Yamato Nadesico to play with. Of course... she happens to enter at chapter 14 of my fan-fic... which is... quite far. :P
There's a bit of Asura Cryin' in there to I reckon.

So we'll eventually get our local lethal woobie...

The rest of the content list looks great, and given your proven proliferacy, I suppose chapter 14 will actually come. I don't know if I can even finish Shift 01 by the end of the year!!
Old 2011-02-18, 18:25   Link #348
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Yeah, my original intention was a shadow war against irregulars without IS, companies developing ISes illegally, and mostly fighting PT. Once the OC villians started appearing, I instinctly tried to include all of them...

...turning IS: Shooting Star into Super IS Wars OG. Back to PT it is.
So... At this point, what is and what isn't to be included?
Old 2011-02-18, 18:40   Link #349
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
@Tk: Beware the Canadian.... :P
I'm kinda lost in the description of the IS, understanding that it's basically Blue Tears while NOT being Blue Tears... XD Might be because it's 2:15 AM here...
It's Blue Tears with the serial numbers filed off and painted red and white. Lack of sleep is no excuse I've been up... shit how long have I been up? Must be almost a day now, but hell I had to grind out my Tiger in World of Tanks, and once I had it I couldn't not play a game, or 20, with it but regardless as I was saying... what the hell was I saying again?

Yeah I should probably sleep soon I suppose.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 18:44   Link #350
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
So... At this point, what is and what isn't to be included?
Everything actually, just that the Caliphate are the steamrolled by IS boys (no more walking Chastity Belts) and Gomorrah are the "allied enemy" guys, with some changes to the background, not sure yet.

I'm also a bit iffy about Halycon, I need to think about it.
Old 2011-02-18, 23:01   Link #351
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
It's Blue Tears with the serial numbers filed off and painted red and white. Lack of sleep is no excuse I've been up... shit how long have I been up? Must be almost a day now, but hell I had to grind out my Tiger in World of Tanks, and once I had it I couldn't not play a game, or 20, with it but regardless as I was saying... what the hell was I saying again?

Yeah I should probably sleep soon I suppose.
World of Tanks? You should seek the protection of my Maus... XD
I'm in there as well, grinded that damn Tiger, and I must say, it was quite frustrating. X_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
Unfortunately, its been sent back to the drawing board because it was needlessly and pointlessly grimdark.

The story is short is now inspired by the Mumbai Hotel incident, and is the frame for discussing the Alaska Treaty. Considering that Treaty constantly comes up to tie the hands of my characters (got 2 other ideas like this), I think I'm starting to use it like the Prime Directive!
Lol, some Grimdark wouldn't be that bad. Chapter 10 to 13 over here are already very grim dark... I just need to find the words to make it even more grimdark.

edit: Plus episode 7 gave us new info... Houki still hasn't got her IS by the championships.... so I might perhaps need to fit a few details...
Double edit: can anyone give me a link to the info on teh height of the variouos IS units the main characters of Infinite Stratos use?
Old 2011-02-18, 23:25   Link #352
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good thing then that the only plans I had with Houki was Karon sleepwalking into a "play house" moment, and another childhood friend dragging her off to form a light music band.
Old 2011-02-18, 23:35   Link #353
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Without the IS core, there's also no flight instruments, no force field, no life support system, no integrity field, no gyroscope, no balancing circuits, no etc that allows a piece of body armor be so compact its almost an armored bikini compared to the Space Marines. The Halycon would be as bulky as a human-sized Tieren, lacking any field defence and would be pretty ugly too.

On the flip side, without needing the IS core, men could probably pilot this. In other words, a Foundation counterpart to the US battle armor also made from 1st Gen parts as proposed by someone earlier in the thread.
Just think of it as Strike Witches/Sky Girls with folding wings, rocket pack and flight helmet.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-19, 06:56   Link #354
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

It is not a custom here to give away presents if you have birthday, but oh well... I want t share with you people anyway.

Here's the picture I was inspired to from Terminator's work.
Took my only 5 days to complete...

Spoiler for Pic is heug:

I tried to make the characters look as close to thier descriptions/character pictures/ "other stuff that was mentioned here" as possible, sorry if I messed them up.

@Thread

Woah... we got a lot more Terrorist cells here... wich is a good thing for Reaper.
Old 2011-02-19, 09:28   Link #355
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Bad news folks; apparently, according to episode 1's Monco Grosso scenes, its only 2021. 10 years ahead of our time. IS would have been revealed this year, and the White Knight incident in 2013.

Thankfully, Singapore did expect to be underwater by 2020 in a climate estimate released back in 1996, so there's our floating island schtick intact... Everything else about non-IS tech is almost hard to believe sadly. I can't fit the Caliphate into my timeline now, and I'd be lumping the One Year War together with the White Knight incident. I'd handwave the HALYCON as a machine made out of 1G IS parts with a Yggdra Capacitor instead of a IS Core.

Any further details I'll update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just think of it as Strike Witches/Sky Girls with folding wings, rocket pack and flight helmet.
Heavily-Armed Lithium Yggdra Capacitor Onslaught Neutralizer.

I can trace the series... The current refit of that armor is the Halybon (Battery), while an upcoming Gladiator IS series is the Halyeon (Engine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
It is not a custom here to give away presents if you have birthday, but oh well... I want t share with you people anyway.

Spoiler for Pic is heug:

I tried to make the characters look as close to thier descriptions/character pictures/ "other stuff that was mentioned here" as possible, sorry if I messed them up.

Erika is now officially voiced by Hiromi Konno, and Fairlion Imouto by Asumi Kana. (Which makes her the 6th candidate for Ichika Harem in Infinite Stratos: SS)

*fleeeeeeeeeeeeez*
Old 2011-02-19, 09:43   Link #356
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Bad news folks; apparently, according to episode 1's Monco Grosso scenes, its only 2021. 10 years ahead of our time. IS would have been revealed this year, and the White Knight incident in 2013.

Thankfully, Singapore did expect to be underwater by 2020 in a climate estimate released back in 1996, so there's our floating island schtick intact... Everything else about non-IS tech is almost hard to believe sadly. I can't fit the Caliphate into my timeline now, and I'd be lumping the One Year War together with the White Knight incident. I'd handwave the HALYCON as a machine made out of 1G IS parts with a Yggdra Capacitor instead of a IS Core.

I can trace the series... The current refit of that armor is the Halybon (Battery), while an upcoming Gladiator IS series is the Halyeon (Engine).
I was hoping that the Halycon is nothing more than a mass produced IS running on rudimentary AI and weapon systems, as well as semi-active shields (which only activate when a bullet is about to hit) for the girls in the MDF.

Otherwise they wouldn't be just normal girls.

Old 2011-02-19, 10:57   Link #357
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

Spoiler for Pic is heug:

@Thread

Woah... we got a lot more Terrorist cells here... wich is a good thing for Reaper.
HNNNNNNGGGG!!!!!! At the drawing. very nice job! Helena looks so Kawai. XD

Quote:

Erika is now officially voiced by Hiromi Konno, and Fairlion Imouto by Asumi Kana. (Which makes her the 6th candidate for Ichika Harem in Infinite Stratos: SS)

*fleeeeeeeeeeeeez*
Phew, lucky me I didn't throw in any dates as off yet...
So Karon's entering Ichika's Harem? O.o Woot, change of plans?

And now, chapter 1 is out. Infinite Stratos : Omega Gaiden - Table of Contents (Updated)

Working on chapter two currently. I'm lumping most of the girls here in 1-2... so yeah. :P They'll be in the same class, so it's time for some lol timez!

Also updated Lyn Kanzaki. She's now officialy voiced by Minayami Kuribayashi herself...
I've also updated her musical themes!

And now... for promotional purposes, here are two posters of the ISA Boys:

FIRST, the guy we all know:

AND NOW.. ED AND HIS IS!!!

Old 2011-02-19, 11:10   Link #358
thebadboy761

sorry, but how do you introduce a new character?
thebadboy761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:15   Link #359
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadboy761 View Post
sorry, but how do you introduce a new character?
write up a profile and post it basically

then watch the magic happen- sort of
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:01   Link #360
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Magic = critique.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest