AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 13
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 69 46.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 32.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 20 13.42%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average... 1 0.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-29, 16:22   Link #41
Primary Consult

Finally, Asuna gets to show off her soy sauce. Considering this episode was half action and half vacation it really does have it all... I'm hoping that we get something like Episode 9's fight again next ep.

[mod edit: remove reference to deleted spoiler conversation]

Considering the boss has 5 health bars and they don't appear to have even had minimal effect... how many top players (considering this is *the* front line group) will die before they realize some sort of weak point or trick to this battle?

Is SAO taking a week off? CrunchyRoll has no entry for next week's episode, they usually do by now...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-30 at 00:33.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:25   Link #42
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Is SAO taking a week off? CrunchyRoll has no entry for next week's episode, they usually do by now...
No week off, probably just Cr staff being lazy.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-30 at 00:33. Reason: edited to remove unnecessary quoted parts
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:28   Link #43
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

flawless.... it's perfect I must say....
Sword Art Online now officially become one of the best anime I ever watched...

sweet first-half about fishing scene... then Asuna's confession about how she fall in love and find a meaning of life.... then fear confession from Kirito (about losing Asuna) and Asuna (about maintaining their real body)....

the best scene is undoubtedly when Skull Reaper appear.... I gasped when I saw the boss... hell!!! very realistic... omg! Am I playing a 3D game???
and that boss is super powerful... even when Heathcliff, Kirito, and Asuna teamed up, they still can't protect the whole member....
this episode is closed by showing Kirito-Asuna's combination attack....

11/10 for this episode !!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:42   Link #44
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

What I really liked about this episode is how we started off with the cozy, the relaxed, and ended with the unknown, and overwhelmed/fearful.

While some might say the fishing scene = boring, it really sets up/helps convey Asuna's message, as well as Kirito's concern, especially before going into confront the 75th Floor's Boss.

The emotions conveyed, the feelings of angst, etc., all felt well communicated and very human/real. Splendid episode!

p.s. - only problem is why all the other "top" tiered people look so bland :\. It's only the main characters that have cool looking get-ups. Everyone else seems to have a circle for a shield, and a stick for a sword :x, not to mention, their helmets always cover their hair and eyes (how da hell do you see through the helmet???? hax i tell ya!)

p.p.s- Do you guys think we will ever see the "revive" crystal being used? I hope it's not used in a lame way like "Asuna or kirito gets killed" and of course they bring him back right away.Would just seem too predictable in a lame sense
Old 2012-09-29, 17:04   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, and after the last boss fight too. It's really been a progression since the murder arc of one thing after another that progressively prove his beliefs wrong (and that's basically why he came to the conclusion that he had reached the limits of soloing -- when the game's not fair, you can't give yourself a safety margin).
I always thought people were reading too much into Kirito's concept of fairness anyway.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:07   Link #46
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Asuna's breakdown made me TEAR UP!

Fantastic episode.

Also:

Dear Kirito and Asuna:
Your performance as lovers is amazing and far superior to about 98% of couples from other series. Do consider teaching these insecure, high school drama-obsessed idiots how love is SUPPOSED to be; because they could really use some relationship guidance, plzkthanx.

Quote:
lol. another Sleeping scene

i wonder how many "round" they actually done
Oy.....couples can sleep in the same bed WITHOUT having sex, you know?

But the cuddle scenes.....OMG THOSE CUDDLE SCENES!! TOOOOOOO CUTE X3

damn I want to cuddle on top of sleepy Kirito's chest toooooo
Old 2012-09-29, 17:26   Link #47
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's not often I see a "fun" scene in an anime with a plot that doesn't make me annoyed. The fishing stuff was actually pretty interesting to watch despite what little relevance it had. Kind of appreciated Asuna's explanation on why she fell for Kirito too, even though I don't really like or agree with the mindset the characters have for that. Like, killing yourself just because your lover died and you have nothing else to live for Asuna? Come now, I seriously doubt that.

Only real problem I had with including that fishing stuff though was that it had to make the boss fight end on a cliffhanger (which BTW, that boss looks fucking awesome). It's kind of an odd decision on how to end the first cour of the show but I guess it's good hook for the next episode all the same. It was probably the best fight scene in the entire show so far. I liked the other ones but this one was just epic.~

That boss does seem rather OP though. Only a few people managed to take on the previous floor's boss and still came out victorious albeit with major damage and now this one can one-shot players that should be relatively around the same level? That seems like awfully big leap.

Anyway, pretty damn good episode overall. Half-way through now and SAO is far from uninteresting, though I do still have my personal problems with it.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:32   Link #48
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Like, killing yourself just because your lover died and you have nothing else to live for Asuna? Come now, I seriously doubt that.
To be fair, in Asuna's case Kirito's death would probably kill both Kirito and Yui... that's a lot to take for a young girl.

Also, if Kirito dies (as one of the most powerful player's) it's a safe bet Asuna and everyone else there is probably dead too (boss fight that you can't escape from?), so that's probably not a very favorable future for the SAO hostages. Losing that many front-line fighters would be bad news.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:33   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
killing yourself just because your lover died and you have nothing else to live for Asuna? Come now, I seriously doubt that.
I have problems with this too. I knew Asuna was emotionally weak/dependent, but this is a bit too much. I generally don't like characters like that, but Asuna is just too cute I guess. lol
Old 2012-09-29, 17:36   Link #50
Aurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I have problems with this too. I knew Asuna was emotionally weak/dependent, but this is a bit too much. I generally don't like characters like that, but Asuna is just too cute I guess. lol
ehm.. one can't really imagine how such a life would be.. don't say this is not realistic..
Aurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:38   Link #51
SagaraSouske

I think Asuna is anything but emotionally weak/dependent.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:38   Link #52
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurus View Post
don't say this is not realistic..
I didn't say anything about realism.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:47   Link #53
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

True, but these are teenagers in their prime and still in the beginning months of their intimate relationship.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:51   Link #54
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Oh Come ON. Don't you remember your first relationship/love? And what happened after the break-up? Felt like shi7 didn't it, especially when the other person meant the whole world to you, and you felt like you could do anything for them, etc.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:53   Link #55
Kazu-kun

^ Again, I didn't say it doesn't make sense. But I still dislike it.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:57   Link #56
Deltaray

As I like to search mistakes from episodes, this has one, Kirito is using his black coat when he is supposed to use white one.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:00   Link #57
PewPewK

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
p.p.s- Do you guys think we will ever see the "revive" crystal being used? I hope it's not used in a lame way like "Asuna or kirito gets killed" and of course they bring him back right away.Would just seem too predictable in a lame sense
Possibly a little sploilerish response to your prediction (not really big spoiler though):

Spoiler for Novel Authorship Time-Line Spoiler:
PewPewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:03   Link #58
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
As I like to search mistakes from episodes, this has one, Kirito is using his black coat when he is supposed to use white one.
Spoiler for Comparison to the light novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-30 at 00:35. Reason: You must use spoiler tags for comparisons
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:04   Link #59
PewPewK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the light novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-30 at 00:35. Reason: Please use spoiler tags for all comparisons
PewPewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:06   Link #60
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

sure, but will you believe a teenager that they able to hold their "passion" consider their both alone in a single wooden house in small village

not to mention there is few disadvantage of this "action" compare to IRL version

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote