Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 12:52   Link #7881
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I also knew RT wouldn't let Flare get away with a near loss, so I saw what I wanted to see for a month and a half. Still one of the biggest douchy douche guilds I have ever seen. The way I see it, Flare will either be this arc's resident villainous turncoat, or it's just a ploy to gain some sympathy.
she will be Lucy new bf count on it
Old 2012-03-30, 13:01   Link #7882
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The manga has been fine all the way until Edolas arc for me, where it seems that things start to go too easy and inconsistent. Like Lucy didn't know why she could use magic, later revealed that she ate X-balls, which is the instant cure for Earthland magic usage, it was such a cop out that even fan speculations came up with much more interesting ways to solve the magic seal.

After that Nakama power went through the roof in Tenrou and characters behave terribly especially Kana. And in the end we have that time skip which would have been ok if there were actual developments and proper establishments of what happened in the 7 years. Mashima expects us to believe that Fairy tail would endure 7 years of abuse from Twilight Ogre without retaliating even though Max was stronger than Natsu now and could probably even defeat Twilight Ogre by himself.

And in this 'Grand Magic Tournament', an event similar an Olympics of magic, has seemingly no ways to prevent cheating. Are we supposed to believe that Gray is so weak that he couldn't get a single point? In the whole stadium there are at least 3 Wizard Saint level mages and many S class mages and yet no one could sense or even see the piece of hair around Asuka except for Lucy who's the furthest Fairy Tail member from her. And then the same powerful mages couldn't sense who or what stole Lucy's magic and she didn't complain about it either.

There were so much terrible writing going on that even though this retcon of all so called 'real/ true/ matured' Dragonslayers are weak to vehicles is so bad, it still wasn't as cheesy as most things in the previous 50 chapters.
I agree a lot with you. This manga has such awesome components but yet marred with too many convenient plot devices which appeared to be not very well-thought out. So I don't really hold expectations in that area anymore. I just read the last 2 chapters, and once again, the thing about the transportation sickness and the explanation for Gajeel not having it previously seems to be stretching it a little too much. So does that mean Wendy is a half-assed DS as well? Or she's immune to it because of her Sky Dragon property? Sigh, Mashima-sensei, why can't Fairy Tail be a little more like One Piece in the planning department? It'll really be kickass if that happens......
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:14   Link #7883
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I agree a lot with you. This manga has such awesome components but yet marred with too many convenient plot devices which appeared to be not very well-thought out. So I don't really hold expectations in that area anymore. I just read the last 2 chapters, and once again, the thing about the transportation sickness and the explanation for Gajeel not having it previously seems to be stretching it a little too much. So does that mean Wendy is a half-assed DS as well? Or she's immune to it because of her Sky Dragon property? Sigh, Mashima-sensei, why can't Fairy Tail be a little more like One Piece in the planning department? It'll really be kickass if that happens......
You're taking Sting's jab about "true dragon slayer" far too literally for something that had Rogue going "I thought only Sting and I had motion sickness." For the time being, it's probably best to just assume that different types of DS develop motion sickness at different points in their development.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:49   Link #7884
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wow, they made Flare so weak now.....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:50   Link #7885
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
she is weak.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:18   Link #7886
Rahan

Flare for new nakama member !

Lucy' anger is turning to pity already. No doubt Flare will help Fairy Tail later in this arc.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 14:34   Link #7887
Slayerx

Very minor annoyance with flare's scene... namely when the masked guy grabs her a says "you want to get beaten again". It just bugs me, something so painfully obvious; show don't tell y'know. That scene would have worked nicer if the guy just grabbed her face and said nothing.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:00   Link #7888
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Very minor annoyance with flare's scene... namely when the masked guy grabs her a says "you want to get beaten again". It just bugs me, something so painfully obvious; show don't tell y'know. That scene would have worked nicer if the guy just grabbed her face and said nothing.
Who knows, maybe this could be a new technique where we get suckered into thinking she'll become a good guy. Improbable, of course, but not impossible.

Besides, what the effing eff does she even see in Lucy? She's obsessed with her, like she can't even help but point out every time Lucy so much as looks at her.

And why and how did Kurohebi copy Max, of all people? If I had to guess, it might've been because of Gajeel, still acting as an RT member. But if that's the case, and if he's responsible for some other misfortunes, has he really betrayed FT, or is it just part of that "fake traitor" ploy?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:10   Link #7889
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it's not like Max possesses unique magic (DS style or lost magic), Kurohebi could have picked it up anywhere...
Quote:
why can't Fairy Tail be a little more like One Piece in the planning department? It'll really be kickass if that happens......
OP is quite a few years ahead, I just hope a day will come when we'll look back and see just how much better FT will have become since now.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:53   Link #7890
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
she is weak.
Nah, Flare's not all that weak. Indications are she would have been more or less stomping Lucy pre-power up. She was just plain out matched by post power up Lucy, who was pulling out multiple spirits at a time like she was Angel.
Old 2012-03-30, 18:33   Link #7891
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Not me. One Piece has 20957908349237832 supposed plot threads going on at any one time, then you need a huge chart just to keep track. And at best, it's only half-way done (so, see you in 10 more years).

In that light, I prefer Fairy Tail's tighter plot. There are mysteries, but not a ton of them, so you can keep track of it all in your head. And there is a subtle plot line slowly moving in the background, putting pieces into place one at a time.

Anyway, interesting chapter. Wendy and Charle have moved off, and Natsu detects the scent of someone he doesn't know. Toby vs. RT guy was expected; really, I was surprised to even see Toby in this, given how weak he is. But I guess they needed a butt monkey.

Expecting Elfman to win; he can't lose after hearing that and FT needs to win one eventually. Also, QC screams "Throw away guild" in this tournament, so if FT is gonna get a win out of anyone first, it will be this one. Although there is a small chance the dude was only saying it just to make sure he got a good fight out of Elfman, so he can win and say, "I didn't really mean it, I just wanted to fight you at your best."

I don't think Flare is weak, so much as whipped. It's obvious Ivan rules by fear. I think Flare might be a bit jealous of Lucy having good friends in FT, which would explain her reaction thus far. But the look on Lucy's face and the atmosphere of the plot so far, let me think Lucy might befriend Flare, and she'll eventually turn against RT.

Anyway, that's my thoughts for now. Looking forward to Elfman's fight, and I'll echo another poster in hoping that he actually does different transformations this time. Also, for a "King of Beasts" monster form, it has lately seemed rather unimpressive.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 20:14   Link #7892
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I agree, I really hope that Elfman's training lets him use other forms, as awesome as "The Beast" form was, it is really overused.
Old 2012-03-30, 21:21   Link #7893
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh jeez...well, that's definitely a way to get a big/little brother riled up to fight at 110%... ...I hope it backfires spectacularly on Bacchus, or at least, make him unable to move around for at least a few days afterward...

Now Raven Tail is showing their true colors, seems like the crowd is finally understanding why Fairy Tail was flipping out so much about them. And also tickled that Gray was holding back Erza when Snake dude tore Toby's sock. Yeah, he's dumb but NO ONE picks on Toby!! He's definitely one of those 'He may be an idiot but he's OUR idiot" type of people. Now the Ravens will have to watch for Leon's and/or Yuka's counterattack to this.

Also, Mavis was not pleased this chapter.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:18   Link #7894
MechR

Quote:
So does that mean Wendy is a half-assed DS as well?
Well, sure. She's alot younger than the others, and had zero attack power prior to Nirvana. The bigger discrepancies are Gazille and Cobra.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 05:09   Link #7895
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

I literally shot myself on the foot for hoping it'd be a Erza vs Bacchus

All i can say is Raven Tail is really made up of douches.

Saying that Elfman is level to or stronger than Bacchus is just lying to myself, but i still hope that Elfman wins. And the only way i see it happening is if Bacchus is being too over confident and arrogant, giving Elfman a one off chance to win it.

Last edited by xKeir; 2012-03-31 at 06:03.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 05:59   Link #7896
sergel02

Well we'll see what all the training has done for Elf.

But there is no motivation for a big brother like someone targeting their younger sibling x)
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 07:54   Link #7897
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I believe this'll end in a draw somehow. Don't see Bacchus outright losing but after all that happened to FT, and the bet, I don't see Elfman losing either.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:24   Link #7898
kitten320

I don't see Elfman losing it without dying and that won't happen. There is no way he would let Bacchus to have his sisters even if all his bones are broken. I'm curious to see the fight though I can't believe that guard mistook Erza with Elfman.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:49   Link #7899
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well he went off the 'the transforming one' info and to be fair, Erza doesn't 'transform', she exquips, but Elfman does transform...

Does everyone remember a certain fight in Yu Yu Hakusho between Kuwabara and that one Ninja guy? - Risho?
Heh heh, where is Evergreen when Elfman will need her?
Old 2012-03-31, 11:53   Link #7900
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well he went off the 'the transforming one' info and to be fair, Erza doesn't 'transform', she exquips, but Elfman does transform...
Indeed, and Erza and Elfman both begin with "eru" in Japanese(eruza, erufuman), which is what the king was saying.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen