AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-10, 00:57   Link #1
novalysis

Zero no Tsukaima Crossover Discussion Thread

Welcome to the ZnT Crossover Thread. Given that the Louise Summons X ZnT crossover phenomena seems to be still going on strong in some other places, I thought that Animesuki should have one thread too.

General rules of our forum still apply:
No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
Be polite to your fellow forum members
Have fun, but post intelligently

The Zero No Tsukaima verse has been boasted one of the most dynamic series of Cross-overs over the past few years, with gems like Hill of Swords (Fate Stay Night) and Unfamiliar (Prototype, ZnT) emerging every few months or so in other forums.

These crossovers typically ask this question in common: what if Louise summons anyone, or anything other than Saito? How will the dynamics of the entire story and setting be shaped?

Any Character from any work of fiction , or Original Characters, may be proposed, discussed or even explored in the form of Snippets or whole works of fanfictions. AU s, and even reverse Summoning where Louise is thrown into another franchise are also permitted. Indeed, the summoner does not even necessarily need to be Louise, nor the runes engraved on the Familiar be Gandalfr. Nor do the Familiars even need to be successfully bond.

Indeed , as many incantations of Louise have found out throughout the internet, a summoning can go very , very wrong indeed. Not just for her, but the whole world.
Or very, very right. Or anywhere in between.

Be creative, and have fun.

[MOD Edit: Use this thread as the "idea" thread and then move to the fanfiction discussion thread to actually write your fic]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-01-10 at 21:28.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:44   Link #2
Kaiba

I haven't really planned it out ( largely because it would require historical research to even start this fic), but there has been one idea that I've been mulling about, and thoughts about it.

I liked the idea of Louise summoning a true commoner, someone who wouldn't be all that useful even with the Gandalfr runes and wouldn't be a terrific fighter, but would have the brains, and would ideally be a Frenchman. And the character I came up with is....

45-year old Napoleon I, right after his first total defeat at the hands of the Sixth Coalition in 1814 and abdication. Obviously, a 45 year old man, especially one who has spent years fighting for and ruling a great empire is not going to be the greatest physical warrior, but Napoleon still possesses almost unparalleled genius and charisma. The age would also for similar reason completely destroy the romantic angle which still exists even in other fanfics even as they remove the original anime's excessive fanservice ( HoS, I'm looking at you). It's for these reasons I'll admit I choose him from this time frame - if I'm going to use Napoleon, I want one who's been embittered by defeat ( though not final defeat), but one whom also did manage to rule virtually all of Europe for a stretch.
A younger Napoleon is possible, but I think he would become just some generic magnificent bastard. That said, it possesses the advantage that I think the dynamics of a younger Napoleon, one who definitely adhered to the ideals of the Revolution as opposed to his older counterpart would have a more interesting dynamic with nobles.

I couldn't write this yet even if I wanted it, but I thought I'd float the idea out and see what are some ways it could work as well as potential pitfalls.
Old 2012-01-11, 05:48   Link #3
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I haven't really planned it out ( largely because it would require historical research to even start this fic), but there has been one idea that I've been mulling about, and thoughts about it.

I liked the idea of Louise summoning a true commoner, someone who wouldn't be all that useful even with the Gandalfr runes and wouldn't be a terrific fighter, but would have the brains, and would ideally be a Frenchman. And the character I came up with is....

45-year old Napoleon I, right after his first total defeat at the hands of the Sixth Coalition in 1814 and abdication. Obviously, a 45 year old man, especially one who has spent years fighting for and ruling a great empire is not going to be the greatest physical warrior, but Napoleon still possesses almost unparalleled genius and charisma. The age would also for similar reason completely destroy the romantic angle which still exists even in other fanfics even as they remove the original anime's excessive fanservice ( HoS, I'm looking at you). It's for these reasons I'll admit I choose him from this time frame - if I'm going to use Napoleon, I want one who's been embittered by defeat ( though not final defeat), but one whom also did manage to rule virtually all of Europe for a stretch.
A younger Napoleon is possible, but I think he would become just some generic magnificent bastard. That said, it possesses the advantage that I think the dynamics of a younger Napoleon, one who definitely adhered to the ideals of the Revolution as opposed to his older counterpart would have a more interesting dynamic with nobles.

I couldn't write this yet even if I wanted it, but I thought I'd float the idea out and see what are some ways it could work as well as potential pitfalls.
This falls into the realm of historical fiction of course. I think the problem with touching this one is that one expects a far higher quality of writing, and furthermore, Historical Fiction IMO requires a far more considered and creative interpretation of character to be done well.

But it's an interesting idea. Certainly, the runes would remove the problem about a forty five year old Napoleon on exile on Elba, or St Helena. But canon would instantly be derailed from the first time Louise speaks to Napoleon. And even that scene will be hard to portray, since you really need to imagine how Napoleon's character is like, based on his writings and such.

Still, what can a 45 year old Napoleon, restored to his full mental and physical capabilities by the Familiar Bond be capable of, to revolutionize Halkagenia? That's a question that either will be the primary one explore during the fic, or at least acknowledged.

Actually, if we want to be even more unique, let's hypothesize that like Joseph, Henrietta too inherits Void Magics, and summons a Familiar. One Napoleon Bonaparte, right before he initiates the Hundred Days is summoned when Henrietta embarks on the Spring Time Summoning Ritual. Such a fic would likely be incredibly political, and dare I say, complex, and would require intricate thought in considering what reforms a administrative, military and (this is contested by some )- political genius like Napoleon Bonaparte could bring to Tristian.

Bonus if we also explored what Louise would have been like had she inherited her mother's impressive powers instead of being what would effectively be called a Squib in another universe...

The other option is to go the lazy route, and regard Napoleon as a heroic Spirit in the vein of Nasuverse. That gives you way more leeway of course, but it'll likely be less interesting, though certainly still a rather unique ZnT crossover.
Old 2012-01-11, 06:54   Link #4
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im not that creative but id love to see one where louise summons either Jack Bauer or Chuck Norris.
Now that would be epic..........and kinda short theyd have all the bad guys beat in under a day
Old 2012-01-11, 08:19   Link #5
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
im not that creative but id love to see one where louise summons either Jack Bauer or Chuck Norris.
Now that would be epic..........and kinda short theyd have all the bad guys beat in under a day
Chuck Norris will be roughly the equivalent of summoning Rakan from Negima into the ZnTverse.

As for Jack Bauer, keep in mind that he is without the infrastructure and tools that allow him to accomplish it. Because of this, I'd think it'll be a potentially interesting cross-over, to see how he adapts. But he wouldn't be able to solve the impeding Windstone Catastrophe in a day, or resolve the issue with the Elves, or Kill Joseph. I think you are over-estimating him.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:14   Link #6
iealchemist

I've always had the idea of a crossover where Louise summons Saito, but as a different incarnation. The best one I had would be a Red Steel 2 crossover (If you have a Wii you must get this game) where Saito is a survivor of the Kusagari Clan and just escaped his clans extermination.

It could have themes including Saito coming to terms with the loss of his clan, and his desire to go back home is for revenge instead of reunion, and also the special ore in RS2 which makes the Kusagari katana could turn out to been windstone.

In ZnT Saito deliberately has less to no real backstory, being a normal guy who was summoned, and that works fairly well in the novels, but occasionally I find I want a bit more depth out of him. (Especially in the anime where you never really get to see into Saito's head about anything serious.)
Old 2012-03-07, 02:47   Link #7
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Hello, everyone...

I've been thinking of a ZnT crossover with Grand Chase (some of the Grand Chase characters and a hero dungeun boss will be involved in the crossover), but I just don't know where to start... hell, I'm just starting to watch ZnT, but I wanted to start it from the first season in order to me to understand the anime better. I've already had a list of characters (just a few of them, four with slightly different names from the game) from Grand Chase that will be crossover characters (there will be some original characters as well):
  • Sieghart the Gladiator (1st job) as Ezekiel Sieghart
  • Elesis the Savior (4th job) as Elisse Sieghart
  • Sieghart the Prime Knight (4th job) as Dietrich Hellstrom
  • Zero Zephyrum (Zero the Seeker) as himself
  • Rufus Wilde (Rufus the Bounty Hunter) as himself
  • Hellstrom (Hero Dungeun "The Crucible" Boss) as The First Hellstrom

... the only thing though; I can't just leave my first crossover project (Hidan no Aria: The [new] Manila Kingpin Crossover) within just two chapters, but I couldn't find time to continue it either. That would mean this project will be stalled unless I could find time to write my first project (I just hate writing a novella when there's some company in my house, damn). I really wanted to start this project, as I am thinking of certain events in my mind for now. I do need professional / personal advice... or you can just say that I should stop fantasizing on this project and continue with my first one... please, I really need help.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:54   Link #8
BasilxHawkins
Der Magier

Imagine she summons one of the Supernovae from One Piece. Like X Drake or Hawkins. That would give some epic shit.
Or she summons Brook (also One Piece) And the first thin he askes would be May i see your panties? That would be too funny

Last edited by BasilxHawkins; 2012-07-26 at 11:35.
Closed Thread