AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 20:55   Link #121
StarliteRyuusei
Unlimited Loli Works!

Hi there, I just finished watching episode 1 and... I have high hopes for this anime
Madoka is very cute and I just love her eager attitude . Together with Lan, they make a good comedy duet.
Madoka is not that slow, dim-witted protagonist who just says "huh? what?" when they are faced with the choice to ride a giant mecha. No, Madoka piloted that bot like a pro on the very first time, successfully bringing down the enemy with a cool German suplex.
But, I've seen other mecha anime and the story is sooo cliche. Yes, a protagonist with the so-called "legendary weapon", a secret organization plotting to do whatever they have to do, and the sister who knows everything about the conspiracy. Oh yeah, and the "promise" made in the past, I've had quite enough of that.
Overall, it's a good anime and the OP was so good. I just liked the Madoka-Lan comedy duet. Just hope it doesn't move towards shoujo-ai.
StarliteRyuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 21:25   Link #122
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Watched the pre-air, despite the garbage video quality which reminded me of the RealShit(TM) videos of ye olde times.

Altogether a very interesting first episode. Spunky Madoka is very likeable and somehow reminds me of Mikoto (with a bit of Saten mixed in).
Madoka likes to try out all sorts of things, thus she participates in all the sports clubs.
When she finds herself a new comrade (with lovely white overknees btw), she gets to pilot a giant robot (good designs on the robots, btw).
After the remote-controlled fight goes poorly, she wants to try it herself, and the robot gives her manual control. She then does a German suplex on the other robot - that must've been the first time that this happens XD

Also, let's not forget the nice fanservice of her in the shower, and the other lady examining her pants and her ass. Much appreciated

Finally, OP and ED were also well done - in as much I could see, at least, as it was in an even more horrible shape than the rest, quality-wise

Seriously, guys - when you do a pre-air, why does it have to be such a horrible quality?
Old 2012-01-03, 01:19   Link #123
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Should be titled... "My Childhood Friend is a Robot." Goddamit!

Seriously speaking, I loved the mecha designs, the way the island defended itself, and the mecha battles. Kinda reminds me of NGE actually in this regard.

Just too bad I cared for the story as much as I did in NGE... which to say isn't much really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Watched the pre-air, despite the garbage video quality which reminded me of the RealShit(TM) videos of ye olde times.
Oh God, don't remind me. How far we come eh? I still distinctly remember enjoying stuff like Boys Be, To Heart, and Kodocha despite the atrocious video quality, but I don't want to come back to it. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 02:41   Link #124
MasterVampire

How many episodes is this show going to have?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 03:00   Link #125
djmaca
My Girl ↓

SO they say Nissan designed them bots? I hope they could build it too... X3

@DragoonKain3

It's a pre-air so the quality is terrible. They say they will do provide a better raw once it airs.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 03:30   Link #126
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
this series reminds me of Gainax's Gunbuster & Diebuster series for some reason
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 04:15   Link #127
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I just got the "pre-air" episode 1. The quality is bad, was this streamed somewhere?
Anyway looking forward to see the series.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:13   Link #128
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

What's up with Madoka? Does she call her cousin, sister? So... her uncle adopted her?

Are her uncle and mother or father aliens? I got the hint that she may be part/half alien.

Her mom or dad was a mecha pilot? It's a big family secret. Cousin promises aunt not to let her pilot a robot. Did dad die in a robot or did mom?

Is this gonna be one of those shows where her old uncle is a super ace and her mother/father used to be one to but they retired? Old guy gets in giant robot and mops up a bunch of bad guys? What about her cousin?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:17   Link #129
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
What's up with Madoka? Does she call her cousin, sister? So... her uncle adopted her?

Are her uncle and mother aliens? I got the hint that she may be part alien.

Her mom was a mecha pilot? It's a big family secret. Cousin promises aunt not to let her pilot a robot.

Is this gonna be one of those shows where her old uncle is a super ace and her mother used to be one to but they retired?
onee-san is not used only for sisters
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 16:23   Link #130
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
onee-san is not used only for sisters
I know. I thought they were sisters at first but then her cousin is looking at the family picture and says Oba-san and yells for her dad. She lives with them. And then the family friend calls on the phone saying that uncles' niece is at the base with the alien girl.

I'm just wondering if Madoka was raised to believe her uncle is her father. I guess not, since she has that picture in her room.

I'm guessing that her uncle is an alien? Her mother or father is an alien, too?

Is her cousin going to play Racer X?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 22:30   Link #131
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Well that was... refreshing.
The characters are very likable and the comedy is well paced.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 00:39   Link #132
Unknown Soldier
:D

Pantsu. Off. Now.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 22:11   Link #133
Shimapan
Try me! <3

My newest creation

Old 2012-01-05, 07:04   Link #134
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
My newest creation
lmao.That's a good one. Great job, it made me laugh hysterically alright. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 08:11   Link #135
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
My newest creation

Haha, nice XD
Old 2012-01-05, 22:28   Link #136
justpassingby

BD vol 1 on sale March 23rd [Link] normal and limited edition, and extras depending on which shop do you purchase

Old 2012-01-06, 01:13   Link #137
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I notice a lot of people complaining that Madoka is a little too perfect, and I have to admit that I see what they mean. While I have problems with the fact that she can use a robot on the first try and that they made her excel at a little too much, I still don't think she's that bad. But please, can we have a show where perfection leads you into trouble?

The jokes were not funny though. They didn't annoy me, but they were kind of eh. Also, the premise of this show? Why? Just why?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 01:16   Link #138
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Also, the premise of this show? Why? Just why?
What premise? What's wrong with promoting Kamogawa to ....well the Japanese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I notice a lot of people complaining that Madoka is a little too perfect, and I have to admit that I see what they mean. While I have problems with the fact that she can use a robot on the first try and that they made her excel at a little too much, I still don't think she's that bad. But please, can we have a show where perfection leads you into trouble?
Well, it's not like it didn't happen to male protagonists before this. Also, Array probably didn't receive training on how to deal with an opponent who'll wrestling when robots are killing each other.

Edit: Rinne no Lagrange novelization by MF Bunko J [source]
Author: Tsukimi Souhei
Illustrator: Morisawa Haruyuki
Vol 1: February 24th

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-01-06 at 02:47.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 04:19   Link #139
JediNight
キズランダム

This is a really odd mishmash of genre feels to me. Ostensibly it's a shonen title, because it features an all female main cast with somewhat liberal fanservice, not to mention the mecha. But at the same time the color palette, title, OP, etc. lends almost a shoujo feel to it as well.

And it's hard to tell because of the poor quality of the pre-air, but it kinda seems like it features throwback art style and music to a kinda retro 80s feel. Idolmaster/Hanasaku Iroha meets Macross.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 19:52   Link #140
User165949
Disabled By Request

I second '80s look&feel (maybe it's more apparent for Ran outfit and gestures, including even her poses during the OP)

didn't anyone else get also yuri flags during the entire episode (not to mention the next episode preview Ran request) ? maybe it's just me but it's a girl-only world, actually blushing, physical interaction and ... undressing happen only between girls, some of them are quite masculine, and men range from foes to shallow entities on the background.

all of the seyuus seem quite good and at ease with the characters, actually one could find animation of gestures, music and acting more fitting with the characterization of leads and background than the chara design itself.
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri