AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 15:39   Link #3001
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira MacArthur View Post
I just started playing Fate Unlimited Codes, and started with Archer (luv it It's a really good game !

I'm also playing Fate Extra with Archer again, but I'm pretty much stuck at facing Berserker, he's absolutely unbeatable...I guess I'll have to do a lot of 'boar killing' to improve my servant's skills to continue the game but it's worth it.
Fate Unlimited Codes is loads of fun. I am highly effective with Caster, and I am finding I am highly effective with Ultimecia in Dissidia. I guess sorcery is forever in my blood. I'm glad you're enjoying the game too, Archer is loads of fun.

Haha, boar killing quests. Indeed, the dread of all RPGs the no brainer collection quests. My friends often call it "Wombat Quests" not sure why, but I feel it sounds funny~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 19:39   Link #3002
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Haven't been playing games for a while... but now getting back to it since Spring Break is here.

PSP: The iDOLM@STER Wandering Star - Finally got the game on Wednesday and started my first playthrough with the Futami Twins. One thing that is very apparent is that it plays differently from iM@S 2 (besides the Expression and Vocal lessons working exactly the same). Still, I'm stuck in E rank and hopefully I can raise more fans before time runs out.

3DS: Mario Kart 7 - Doing the 100cc cups right now.
Old 2012-03-10, 01:38   Link #3003
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Bought a 3DS for myself a couple of days ago, alongside Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. Mostly been playing Mario Kart 7 though- somehow, I'm finding it alot easier to get the 3 star ranking in the Grand Prix cups so far in comparison to the DS and Wii versions (at least, on 50cc anyway. I'll have to see for myself when it comes to 100cc and above).
Old 2012-03-10, 02:52   Link #3004
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Recently Completed:

Mass Effect 3 - Amazing game. Easily better than the others in the gameplay side of things, but still lacking compared to ME1's narrative. Ending was shit-terrible.

Currently Playing:

Mirror's Edge
SOL: Exodus
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fallout: New Vegas (on and off)
Old 2012-03-10, 03:13   Link #3005
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Team Fortress 2 @PC quite enjoying the game :3.
Old 2012-03-10, 06:10   Link #3006
MetalCookie

Saints Row The Third.

I'm lovin' it!
Old 2012-03-10, 22:45   Link #3007
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I'm playing Aion again, it's free so why not~ I am also making videos about it with Hooves so it's a lot of fun. Playing Elyos this time, I was always Asmodian. It's new, hopefully I can get used to it.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 16:13   Link #3008
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally got my copy of "ONEPIECE Kaizoku Musou". Loving it so far. Finished the Main Log mode and got through Zolo, Nami, and Hancock's Another Log mode.

Also still playing "Nendoroid Generation". I just figured out that I can skip the battle animations...*facepalm* If I knew that earlier then I probably would have shaved a few hours off of my play time. orz
Old 2012-03-12, 18:32   Link #3009
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Also still playing "Nendoroid Generation". I just figured out that I can skip the battle animations...*facepalm* If I knew that earlier then I probably would have shaved a few hours off of my play time. orz
I went through something similar while playing Wild Arms 5. Had played for more than 25 hours before realizing that I could skip the damn long combo animations in battles.
Old 2012-03-12, 20:52   Link #3010
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Witcher 2.
League of Legends
The Last Story

I think I'll also return to Recettear soon.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 02:24   Link #3011
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
Mostly Hakuoki and DearDrops lately, but I am planning on picking Skyrim up again once I get some more free time.
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 03:26   Link #3012
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I went through something similar while playing Wild Arms 5. Had played for more than 25 hours before realizing that I could skip the damn long combo animations in battles.
The only one I always let play through was Dean and Rebecca's. She was too damn cute... XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 17:22   Link #3013
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Tales of Graces F. Man, this game has been "Japanified" insanely, and many other little things have been changed. I know I'll learn it, so I'm glad the game looks so colourful and the skits have been vastly improved.
Old 2012-03-14, 00:35   Link #3014
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Just because you mentioned WA5 I went back and played it. I forgot that I've put so much time into it...the only thing left for me to do in that game is to get the final EX Key but...I JUST CANT FIND THE LAST TREASURE BOX!!! (not counting the Black Box) Walked through the whole world map to make sure I didnt miss any map treasures, which left me to go through all the dungeons again...after going through half of the dungeons I just gave up. orz

But I did enjoy WA5 quite a bit, loved the cameo appearances of the characters from the previous WA games. But WA2 will always be my #1 favorite. I've played 2~5, didnt play the original PS version of 1 but I do have "Alter Code F" which is the remake...unfortunately I havent finished it yet. I didnt even bother to try the PSP title.

...WHEN WILL THEY REMAKE WILD ARMS 2!!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Tales of Graces F. Man, this game has been "Japanified" insanely, and many other little things have been changed. I know I'll learn it, so I'm glad the game looks so colourful and the skits have been vastly improved.
...what do you mean by "Japanified"?
Old 2012-03-14, 01:45   Link #3015
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

There are a lot more anime cutscenes, the story (and sometimes embarrassing dialog) and even the animated skits have concepts of anime and manga in it. I guess the biggest thing so far is that during skits, the characters will make gestures that literally lead directly into a panel with an image that looks like it was drawn just for manga. (Really low quality example, but here's one image. Aside from that, everything looks more colourful, the theatrics seem to be at its best, and the whole experience just feels much like an "anime game" than the previous Tales games did.

It's really hard to explain, but once you start playing you definitely feel a difference. I am recording what I play so maybe one day it can portray my thoughts better. Even the dishes you cook lean more towards Asian cuisine. Sandwiches and stuff are still around (gotta have 'em in a Tales game!), but I've already made fried rice, omelette rice, and sushi. It's awesome, I love it.
Old 2012-03-15, 13:17   Link #3016
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Anyone interested in TSW ? it's an original MMO but well , it's funcom.. i didn't liked AoC.. with so many bugs..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 15:13   Link #3017
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Playing nothing but Idolmaster SP since I can't record my let's play while my parents are at home.

PSP: Idolmaster SP Wandering Star: Towards the end of my first production with Yukiho with the last two IU auditions. It's kind of funny that the game allows you to go back to the first week of the new ranking if you fail to meet the requirements of the next rank. I think this is because I'm playing Story Mode, but yeah.

Not to mention, オーバーマスター is bad ass. I should buy the DLC for Yukiho to see how it sounds.
Old 2012-03-15, 18:12   Link #3018
Soverence

Currently been playing :
League of Legends (Alot)
Batman Arkham Asylum
and Tales of Vesperia (really loving this game right now)

Quote:
This just makes me regret even more not having a PS3 to play this game on :'(. With how much I have been loving Tales of Vesperia I really want to play Tales of Graces , would you say Graces is better then Vesperia? (If you have played both).
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 18:35   Link #3019
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Currently been playing :
League of Legends (Alot)
Batman Arkham Asylum
and Tales of Vesperia (really loving this game right now)

This just makes me regret even more not having a PS3 to play this game on :'(. With how much I have been loving Tales of Vesperia I really want to play Tales of Graces , would you say Graces is better then Vesperia? (If you have played both).
I definitely like Vesperia more (sans that annoying Karol), but Graces is good fun if you don't mind a noticeable change in the fighting system and general atmosphere overall. The game starts off with some annoying children and a really "friendship-oriented" dialogue (some of which is embarrassing), but make the jump into their older years, and damn, this game actually gets kind of dark. I really like the contrast. I'm recording a few gameplay clips as I play, so I can upload them at some point if you want.
Old 2012-03-16, 00:29   Link #3020
shinku no kage

Quote:
There are a lot more anime cutscenes, the story (and sometimes embarrassing dialog) and even the animated skits have concepts of anime and manga in it. I guess the biggest thing so far is that during skits, the characters will make gestures that literally lead directly into a panel with an image that looks like it was drawn just for manga. (Really low quality example, but here's one image. Aside from that, everything looks more colourful, the theatrics seem to be at its best, and the whole experience just feels much like an "anime game" than the previous Tales games did.
Ah, I see, well thats a good thing in my view.

Quote:
It's really hard to explain, but once you start playing you definitely feel a difference. I am recording what I play so maybe one day it can portray my thoughts better. Even the dishes you cook lean more towards Asian cuisine. Sandwiches and stuff are still around (gotta have 'em in a Tales game!), but I've already made fried rice, omelette rice, and sushi. It's awesome, I love it.
Werent they always around? But that might also be due to the fact that they're actually releasing "Tales of-" food products in Japan.

...oh, and glad to see you're still alive even after seeing the AmiMami pics I've found.

Anyway, back on topic: Trying to finish up "Nendoroid Generation". Starting to get annoyed on how characters kept coming and going. Almost after every other main story mission its like half of the characters you've got leave the party until the next chapter. Though I've finally(?) progressed enough to have everyone together again. I'm also finding the story to be rather entertaining as it progresses.

So overall this game is holding up ok for me...for now. I wont say anything definite til I clear it.

After I finish Nendoroid Generation and ONEPIECE Kaizoku Musou I'm looking to pick up either "Tales of Vesperia" or "End of Eternity". Though I'll probably go with E.O.E since ToV still costs quite a bit in JP, even for a used copy. orz