AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 19:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei LN - Q&A/Discussion about Families

The purpose of this thread is for questions and discussion for Mahouka related to Families.

Given that this is a source material thread, you are expected to have some familiarity with the source material before participating, and therefore some spoilers are to be expected. However, if you will be discussing major plot points that could spoil plot events that people may not have read yet, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags. Properly-labelled means that the label identifies what the reader should already know before opening the tag.

There are two ways to create properly-labelled spoiler tags, as shown below:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 05:44   Link #2
CatRules
Shipper

O good old thread I will miss you.....

Since no one seems to be willing to say anything in the new threads, I shall sacrifice myself here.

Let's gather info about the families in Mahouka, folks!
At least we could have something to talk about.

Ten Master Clans

Ichijou
abilities:
Direct interference to Internal Fluids 'Rapture'

Futatsugi
abilities:
?

Mitsuya
abilities:
Controlling Multiple Magics at once(3rd Reserch Labs)

Yotsuba
abilities:
Unique Innate magics
Mental/Spiritual Interference or Extremely distorted and powerful Magic Calculation Zone

Itsuwa
abilities:
?

Mutsudzuka
abilities:
?

Saegusa
abilities:
Controlling Multiple Magics at once(3rd Reserch Labs)
Herd Defense(stolen from Shippou)

Yatsushiro
abilities:
?

Kudou
abilities:
Re-systematised Ancient magic
Eidos-faking Counter Magic 'Parade'

Juumonji
abilities:
Controlling Multiple Magics at once(got from 3rd Reserch Labs)
Move-Type Wide Area Interference magics
Multi-layer Move-Type Defensive Magic 'Phalanx'

more to come......

*Add new info [1]*
Spoiler for list of all 28 families:

Last edited by CatRules; 2014-05-24 at 10:14. Reason: add[1] family name list
CatRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 11:33   Link #3
LKK

I'm always confused as to which families the main characters belong to. Anyone want to help me out by matching character to family? Pretty please?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 11:37   Link #4
Lazy cat

i've been wondering, the ichihara family is an extra of the ichijou family? i think so because their magic are quite similar(both afect the enemy body internaly), if so i migth have underestimated suzune.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 11:43   Link #5
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
i've been wondering, the ichihara family is an extra of the ichijou family? i think so because their magic are quite similar(both afect the enemy body internaly), if so i migth have underestimated suzune.
Ichihara is an extra of Ichihana.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 11:51   Link #6
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
Extras are lab produced families that lose their number for some reasons.

In Ichihara(Ichihana) case, I think they were not part of Ichijou but they were another families from 1st research lab. (remember the auxiliary like Shippou? there are more than one family from each lab)

I suspect the 1st research lab was dealing with ability to directly interfere with human body.
The two known families are
Ichijou: interfere with fluid
Ichihana: interfere with muscles and nervous system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Ichihara is an extra of Ichihana.
Ichihara family isn't an extra of Ichihana. They were Ichihana.

Spoiler for volume 7 ch 8:
Old 2014-04-04, 12:37   Link #7
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Ichihara family isn't an extra of Ichihana. They were Ichihana.

Spoiler for volume 7 ch 8:
And the Ichihanas are extras from which family?
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 12:45   Link #8
Ultragunner

No, they (The Ichihanas) used to be a stand alone family/clan on par with at least the Hundred Families, but their entire status and "Number" were stripped off due to their magic was too unethical (which is blatantly ironic IMO) and they became Ichihara.
Old 2014-04-04, 19:48   Link #9
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm always confused as to which families the main characters belong to. Anyone want to help me out by matching character to family? Pretty please?
You could just look at their last names. Just give me a character and I'll tell you the family.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 03:35   Link #10
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

All you need to know about 10 Master Clan:
Spoiler for volume 3:
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 04:48   Link #11
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

But 10MC are not set in stone and it can change.... we know there's is a Ten Master Clan selection of some sorts coming soon(from what takuma said it seems at the end of the second high school year), hence the introduction of the shippou family one of the 18 families.
Now what we don`t know how this selection works or how often takes place, is it some kind of battle between clans to see who's the strongest or some sort of demonstration in how strong the magic is? And what role will tatsuya will play in all of this.
We know that kudou and saeguesa are trying to do something about yotsuba because they consider that yotsuba was powerful with only maya as a bad ass magician but now that myiuki and tatsuya (which they know he uses decomposition magic and that he is a strategic class magician) are added to the mix they expressed concern that they are way to powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
most of them are easy to spot since they use their family name, like jummonji, saeguesa, ichijou, kudou, chiba etc
The ones that are not using the clan names are the yotsuba except for maya who's the clan head.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 08:58   Link #12
Miraluka
Banned

Juumonji once told Tatsuya to join 10 clans by marrying Saegusa Mayumi or one of her twin sisters, Tatsuya though he and Mayumi getting on a arranged marriage. And if my memory doesn't fails me Juumonji should have guessed about Tatsuya's family routes.

With Tatsuya being disowned by his own clan what does Tatsuya gains by joining a family like the Saegusa?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:05   Link #13
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Juumonji once told Tatsuya to join 10 clans by marrying Saegusa Mayumi or one of her twin sisters, Tatsuya though he and Mayumi getting on a arranged marriage. And if my memory doesn't fails me Juumonji should have guessed about Tatsuya's family routes.

With Tatsuya being disowned by his own clan what does Tatsuya gains by joining a family like the Saegusa?
The Yotsuba wont let Tatsuya go; he is too much powerful asset for the family; That is why they even made Miyuki the official/unofficial head(yet)..
Beside why would Tatsuya join in a family that targeting the Yotsuba?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:15   Link #14
Miraluka
Banned

Because of influence? What Tatsuya needs is to get hold of a "object" that could be used to blackmail him or just expose his doings to the eyes of the public, so between being exposed and keeping his and its family status which would he choose? Or will he choose to destroy the image of his family because of his goal?
Old 2014-04-16, 09:37   Link #15
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Because of influence? What Tatsuya needs is to get hold of a "object" that could be used to blackmail him or just expose his doings to the eyes of the public, so between being exposed and keeping his and its family status which would he choose? Or will he choose to destroy the image of his family because of his goal?
Who can Influence Tatsuya, this is Tatsuya we are talking about; Tatsuya who is a siscon; Izumi and Kasumi might influence him by triggering his fetish. but Kasumi hates him and Izumi only see him as her Onee-sama's brother.

My bet is the latter; because he woundnt be in his position now if he would pick the first!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-16, 09:49   Link #16
Miraluka
Banned

Tatsuya being the influence not the other way around, duh.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:06   Link #17
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
The Yotsuba wont let Tatsuya go; he is too much powerful asset for the family; That is why they even made Miyuki the official/unofficial head(yet)..
Beside why would Tatsuya join in a family that targeting the Yotsuba?
Its not like yotsuba have any choice in the matter, hence why the miyuki situation to avoid having him as an enemy.
If tatsuya decides to leave the yotsuba what are they gonna do try to kill him? i believe maya is trying to avoid any confrontation with tatsuya.
And also he doesn't give a crap about the yotsuba.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:23   Link #18
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Its not like yotsuba have any choice in the matter, hence why the miyuki situation to avoid having him as an enemy.
If tatsuya decides to leave the yotsuba what are they gonna do try to kill him? i believe maya is trying to avoid any confrontation with tatsuya.
Lol Tatsuya needs the Yotsuba more than anyone

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-16, 10:29   Link #19
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Lol Tatsuya needs the Yotsuba more than anyone
care to elaborate a little?

He seemed to be doing fine on his own without having to rely on them, he relies more on the 101st then the yotsuba.The only time he asked them for something was related to miyukis protection and even then if it was really necessary.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:38   Link #20
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
yes they would, he is too powerfull to just let him go, besides maya would never let things degenerate this far, and he would never do anything that put miyuki in danger.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote