AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-22, 11:13   Link #5421
Emballage

Nice to see that Kyouko can have a edge over Saki even without any superpowers. It goes to show that they are playing at such a high level that every small tic is exhaustively researched to find that potentially game-winning advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
It was also interesting to learn that Kokaji was the vanguard and only started playing that year. Oh and expect more one chapter per month deals because this is what Ritz almost always does.
Yeah, learning that the Sukoya-Harue-Hayari-Risa match was the vanguards was interesting. Though now that you think about it, it was also mentioned early in Achiga that Harue losing a lot of points was what led to Achiga's defeat back in the day; I wonder if Harue saw history repeating itself during the side-A semifinal vanguards, with the (nominal) ace of Achiga massively behind a monster of a mahjong player? Maybe not, since Teru was already two-times interhigh champion and something of a known quantity, while if Sukoyan was to be believed, she only started playing in the same year as the interhigh 10 years ago, so I wonder if Harue's trauma came from being so thoroughly dominated not just by anyone, but specifically by an unknown player she had no way of preparing for.

Also to be fair, just before this month-odd-long break, we had a 7-issue uninterrupted run, which I believe is unprecedented for Ritz. So cut the girl some slack will ya?
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 11:16   Link #5422
Marina2

Hmm....so Koukaji-pro played in vanguard position during high school tournament.

So, Shino will play in captain position? I wonder who will be the 'final boss' that Shino has to fight.

Meanwhile, spoiler for Shinohayu came out.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-05-22 at 14:23.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 21:45   Link #5423
RJ TAYLER

That girl 'must' have been a wicket-keeper or catcher in a previous life, the way she caught that errant tile reminded me ever so much of how those, in those other sports react to a wide pitching ball.
Old 2015-05-29, 16:41   Link #5424
King-Slayer

Shinohayu 21 is out. Shino gets revenge for Rui but her matches weren't shown. Wakana just using fear tactics to win was "lame" but hopefully the next rounds participants won't disappoint.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 17:03   Link #5425
Subayai

Yeah, I was expecting more from Wakana but as soon as Shino called her bluff she crumbled. I like seeing Shino win but I hope someone will give her some trouble next round. Also next round 1st and 2nd advance so I wonder who will be the other one (besides Shino obviously). I'm betting on Kokoro.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 00:30   Link #5426
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Yeah, I was expecting more from Wakana but as soon as Shino called her bluff she crumbled. I like seeing Shino win but I hope someone will give her some trouble next round. Also next round 1st and 2nd advance so I wonder who will be the other one (besides Shino obviously). I'm betting on Kokoro.
I'm putting my money on Naoko. But that's only really because she's popular in jp, at least she seems to be judging by message boards.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 11:26   Link #5427
The Green One

Shino is probably done with the cannon fodder for now. We'll see how she does in the semis.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 15:56   Link #5428
Candle Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
I think Wakana was just there to show that Shino is someone who is pretty brave and is hard to intimidate. And she's fast enough to catch a flung tile
Candle Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 13:22   Link #5429
Marina2

Shino is an interesting character. Ritz seems to take good points of Saki and Shizuno and gives them to Shino.

She plays mahjong to find her mother. However, unlike, Saki and Shizuno ,her targeted person is not in the game. Shino's goal is to keep winning and become the champion so she will become popular and her mother would notice her and come to see her. In the fututre, maybe she will become as popoular as Nodoka if she becomes elementary school or middle School champion.

As Mahjong player, She has both skill and determination to win. She usually play Mahjong for fun but she can become serious if she need to win. People who are defeated by her don't feel like they are raped/destroyed by her (Unless they asked for it like Wakana...) but they are actually impressed by her.

There is no monster player or even special power so far in Shinohayu. I wonder if Kokoro or Naoko will be the one with special power or not. If so, It will be interesting to see how Shino will deal with them.
Old 2015-06-02, 21:01   Link #5430
Peanutbutter

One reason I can't get into Shinohayu is because it's plot-based, not mahjong-based like Saki or even the later part of Achiga-hen. And the question of where Shino is in the main series.

It's understandable though. If the focus were to be on the mahjong, it will take ages to come up with the matches.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 21:19   Link #5431
Candle Light

I think Ritz has done good on that front then, in regards to Shino/Shizu/Saki. All are very different in their personalities as lead characters. Shizu just unfortunately was not developed too well character-wise, or maybe developed too fast.

I think Shino and Saki have a good contrast though. I don't know who is the better player in the end, but Shino seems more consistently confident and unafraid of things.
Candle Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 03:27   Link #5432
thenightsshadow

I've loving the screenshots from the Zenkoku-hen game. Especially Aislinn getting stared at.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 19:37   Link #5433
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
One reason I can't get into Shinohayu is because it's plot-based, not mahjong-based like Saki or even the later part of Achiga-hen. And the question of where Shino is in the main series.
Thanks for defining it that way, because that's exactly why I feel the opposite (preferring Shinohayu to main series).
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 21:44   Link #5434
Chitanda Eru

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Spoiler for :):
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 09:10   Link #5435
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Spoiler for :):
Sawaya uses power of Kamui.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamuy
I presumed her power was Christianity-related.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 12:00   Link #5436
Chitanda Eru

Spoiler for spoiler for 144:

I can't breathe. Can someone tell me what's happening plzz? RAPE YOU KYOKOU, seems that she focus too much on Saki and forget the others and...
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2015-06-18, 12:58   Link #5437
The Green One

Well the Usuzan captain caught up pretty quickly, almost a one girl team that one. Saki no doubt will continue to struggle until the second half before bringing out whatever is going to get her into the finals.
Old 2015-06-18, 13:09   Link #5438
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well the Usuzan captain caught up pretty quickly, almost a one girl team that one. Saki no doubt will continue to struggle until the second half before bringing out whatever is going to get her into the finals.
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2015-06-18, 13:39   Link #5439
The Green One

Correct me if I'm mistaken, I had assumed that was an actual score.
Old 2015-06-18, 14:26   Link #5440
tsunade666

hmmm... I wonder but I think Saki will just go for 2nd place this round around. Just enough to qualify for finals. But I don't know. Maybe Saki will go monster mode in 2nd half just to make others cower more but that will lessen the tension for finals. So her losing this time around would actually help.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri