AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 19:42   Link #641
DC20

Don't worry mate, I've read it. I just haven't found the time to sit down and finish writing a review out for it. I'll have it up pretty soon. I guarantee I'll review it (I actually really enjoy writing reviews), it's just a matter of finding the time to put it up.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 23:47   Link #642
Snowman24

Thanks for the honest answers and I realized that if i changed anything, it would seriously affect the story as a whole. So I'll continue doing what I'm doing, it's pretty good stuff, judging from the nice reviews

Also:
Spoiler for future Valkyria chronicles 2 story:
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 03:13   Link #643
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Stick to the original events as best you can. Selvaria's death was a pretty important aspect of her character, and I don't enjoy fanfics that have her live instead, TBH.

I took a liberty with Jaeger in Lone Wulf, but I still managed to make his fate somewhat ambiguous. Still, try not to do something such as having Selvaria and Jaeger join the Gallians in their fight; that just wouldn't work, IMO.
Having Selvaria live wouldn't work unless you introduce OCs which change the way she views the world. In canon, she lived and died for the Prince alone, and you don't change that easily without the story sucking.

For myself, I did try to work on an OC which slowly gives her new views on her life.
Old 2011-02-07, 15:37   Link #644
Runty

With all the brainstorming I'm doing for my White Knight story, I'm actually worried I may not even get to writing it!

But seriously, there's so many little story bits I'm wanting to put into the story, but I know that if I put them in, they'll detract from the central story and make me look like I'm going off-track. Unfortunately, it's too tempting to write those things for me to simply ignore them.

I do, however, have a potential solution: make a secondary story specifically devoted to the side-stories of my White Knight fanfic. This "side-story compendium" would be used for events that are canon to White Knight, but don't center around Alexis or the main plot (i.e. random moments or skits, like in the game). These side-stories would strictly be meant for character development of the other members of Class G.

Here's an example of a minor story I have in mind.
Spoiler for Speedster:
I have a few other ideas, but I'm not going to reveal them due to major White Knight spoilers.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 20:21   Link #645
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
^ It has to be from Nils' POV. He was on patrol one night and got separated from the rest of the Squad, and has to sneak through enemy lines in order to survive the night. The only other people with him are Cherry, Ramona, and Dorothy. It's Cherry's birthday, Dorothy sprained her ankle, and Ramona is on her period. Nils is also addicted to cigarettes, but he lost his lighter in the scramble when they got separated. The three girls lost their entire packs, and between all of them they have one Anti-Tank round, four rifle magazines (two of which are only half full), and two Mags magazines. It's raining, and the area they're in is slick with mud.
DC20, your request is finished, It's up at the fanfiction site. I've stuck to your specifics as best I could. Most of it is in the story. Sorry it took so LONG!! You requested it around October of last year or so.

I was busy with 'Adventures in War' and 'Just my luck' the whole time though. But now it's done now. Hope you enjoy it!! Read and review :P

Last edited by Snowman24; 2011-02-27 at 23:58.
Old 2011-02-28, 10:33   Link #646
Snowman24

Sorry for the double post but; I was wondering... does anyone else have a one-shot challenge for me to write. I think after completing DC20's request and posting it up at the fanfiction site was ALOT of fun. Gave me an idea that I'd never have thought of if it wasn't suggest, had a really fun time writing it and actually am eager to write another.

So, anyone got a suggestion for yet another one-hit story. Huhn helped form the idea for the Marina+Ted story called "Not all is as it seems..." and DC20 gave me the idea to write the Ramona+Nils story: "Date from hell." Both were great stories and fun to write.

Ideas can be as funny or as serious as you'd like I'm up for writing a Zaney story or a dead serious, heart felt story about any character. I'm up for the challenge Just state, character name, situation and anything else you'd like.

P.S. this helps me out alot to, gets my brain working and such
Old 2011-02-28, 14:41   Link #647
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
I want you to look into my Class E Chronicles forum, and I want you to write a oneshot pertaining to those characters.

Alternate: Write a story about Juno trying and failing to confess to Welkin.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 15:24   Link #648
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I want you to look into my Class E Chronicles forum, and I want you to write a oneshot pertaining to those characters.

Alternate: Write a story about Juno trying and failing to confess to Welkin.
Frankly Red, I think you trying to get Snowman, who is not only a non-participant part of the RP, and trying to get him to catch up on +1000 posts on who and what the OC characters are, makes you look like a complete ass. Let's not shamelessly advertise on Animesuki, shall we? Besides, didn't we already settle who and who isn't already the authors for our RP?

Anyway, moving on back on topic to this discussion, I at least think Red's second idea is much more... reasonable.

So Snowman, here's some scenarios that I've thought about writing myself, although I haven't been able to get to any of them yet...

Ted, Melville, and co. (the people on their likes list, etc.) going about causing mischief within Squad 7...

Noce frivolously giving up on pursuing Alicia and deciding to seek out another love interest for himself...

The EW1 veterans (Coby, Yoko, Musaad, Largo, ect.) reminiscing on their days during the first war in a squad together...

Mica trying succeed at anything... and unfortunately failing at everything.

A day in the life of a certain crazed explosives expert, and bomb-tinkerer...

An squad culinary competition, lead by Alicia...

And those are just a few random ideas I'm spewing out, just to perhaps give you an idea on what to write next...
Old 2011-03-01, 11:41   Link #649
Runty

Here's a few ideas for you, Snowman. I'll assume by this point you've gotten through quite a bit of VC2, so forgive me if you get spoiled in any way.

Marina and Rosie end up separated from the squad and are forced to work together as they fend off Imperials in a 5-to-1 (thereabouts) disadvantage. Of course, being two of Squad Seven's best, that shouldn't be that hard, right...?

In a strange twist, Squad Seven ends up being partnered for a mission with Lanseal's Class A, led by Juliana Everheart. Though Juliana has respect for Welkin, at least, she doesn't get along well with Isara or the squad's other Darcsens...

VC2 fanfic: While visiting Welkin for some wildlife studies, Magari notices him looking strangely at her. As it turns out, Welkin feels that Magari resembles Isara...

VC2 fanfic: In a matter of honor, Alexis is put into a one-on-one duel with Juliana. Can Alexis win?

VC2 fanfic: Don't ask how this happened, but for some reason, Anisette and Edy are now fighting over Homer's affections! Poor Homer...

VC2 fanfic: Marion's weapon fetish lands her in a world of trouble when she makes a wrong turn, and now she's running for her life from one of the deadliest weapons on the battlefield: a V2 Artificial Valkyria!

That's what I've got for now. There's barely any VC2 fanfics out yet, so maybe you could write a couple of one-shots to fill in the void.
Old 2011-03-01, 23:23   Link #650
Snowman24

I've got an idea for a new one hit fanfic:

Spoiler for new idea:

Would that work?

P.S. I've also made a decision, lol, I won't quit... until my one hit fanfic thread has EVERY member of the squad and their own one-hit story to go with it or atleast play a major role in it with another character. I'm already doing pretty decent and can cross off: Isara, Ramona, Marina, Ted, and Nils.
Old 2011-03-03, 11:19   Link #651
DC20

That'd work fine, but in my opinion Edy/Homer has been done to death. If you're going to write an Edy story, how about one in which she actually tries to advance a singing career post war. It's a huge part of her character (much larger than her psudo romance with Homer), but nobody has touched it yet. Write about when she finally realizes she's tone deaf and how she has to deal with that.

Similar for Homer, almost all of his appearances have to do with his relationship with Edy - write him with somebody else. How about he and Jane find out they have similar interests?

Take those ideas or leave them. Just keep in mind that you don't have to stick with interactions the game gave us. Your most recent one was awesome because it stuck Nils and Ramona together. How many other fics are out there in which they're ever even in the same scene? Not many, and when they are there isn't really any meaningful interaction between them. Branching out in interaction is a good thing.
Old 2011-03-03, 11:55   Link #652
Snowman24

Yeah, I figured that, so I scrapped that one, in favor for a new idea. Since there aren't many VC2 fanfics out yet, my next one-hit is gonna star... MAGARI <3 <3 <3 <3

P.S. I'm going to assume everyone's played through VC1 and knows what happens in that game as there's a pointer in the outline that is a possible spoiler. Just incase, I'll give warning now, don't read unless you've beaten Valkyria Chronicles 1.

Anyways, my idea is this;
Spoiler for VC2 fanfic idea:

How's that for a slice of fried gold. Much thanks to Runty for giving me the idea. I really like this one. I probably won't start writing until the weekend, and might be out sometime next week. But that is the new one-hit story that I plan to write.
Old 2011-03-03, 14:07   Link #653
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Yeah, I figured that, so I scrapped that one, in favor for a new idea. Since there aren't many VC2 fanfics out yet, my next one-hit is gonna star... MAGARI <3 <3 <3 <3

P.S. I'm going to assume everyone's played through VC1 and knows what happens in that game as there's a pointer in the outline that is a possible spoiler. Just incase, I'll give warning now, don't read unless you've beaten Valkyria Chronicles 1.

Anyways, my idea is this;
Spoiler for VC2 fanfic idea:

How's that for a slice of fried gold. Much thanks to Runty for giving me the idea. I really like this one. I probably won't start writing until the weekend, and might be out sometime next week. But that is the new one-hit story that I plan to write.
I look forward to it, Snowman. Just one correction: the bird's name is Jardi, not Jerry. They sound kinda similar, I know. Oh, and among the rescue crew, be sure to include Alexis, just because she's awesome.
Old 2011-03-03, 14:09   Link #654
Stefkov

Man, I love that idea
Spoiler for however (my opinion):

That's just my opinion though. I can't wait to read it, I must find more.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:29   Link #655
Runty

I just had a CRAZY idea on a kind of VC crossover (of sorts). I'd never have the skill to make something like this, and you'll understand why in a second.

The idea is a VC/GitS cross. That's right: Ghost in the Shell.

Anyone who is really into anime and manga knows about this monster, and knows how freaking complex it can be at times. So much politics and delving into a realistic look of the cybernetic age?

Jeez, imagine just how that'd mix with Valkyria.

Care to comment?
Old 2011-03-07, 19:29   Link #656
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I just had a CRAZY idea on a kind of VC crossover (of sorts). I'd never have the skill to make something like this, and you'll understand why in a second.

The idea is a VC/GitS cross. That's right: Ghost in the Shell.
This has the potential to reek of awesome. I can see Isara getting lots of fun time with this.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 20:11   Link #657
DC20

As long as it follows the Ghost in the Shell movie. The film was great. The show was trash.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:15   Link #658
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
As long as it follows the Ghost in the Shell movie. The film was great. The show was trash.
Really? I personally enjoyed GitS: SAC 1 and 2. The Tachikomas were fun |3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 23:52   Link #659
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Really? I personally enjoyed GitS: SAC 1 and 2. The Tachikomas were fun |3
QFT. The Tachikomas were AWESOME! I can see Isara getting along so well with them.

And yeah, I found the TV series to be damn good. But maybe one could base a VC/GitS fanfic off both materials, with some tweaks.

You'd have to give Largo some Ranger eyes like Batou.
Old 2011-03-08, 01:04   Link #660
DC20

Alright, I'll grant you guys the Tachikomas. Those things were awesome. Not even I can deny that. Even though I thought the show as a whole was trash, there were a few elements that I could dig.

I really liked Togusa. He was the only main character that I actually liked (like, at all), but it helped that I liked him a whole lot. All of the other characters were just so Goddamn boring. That's ultimately what killed the show for me. Granted, the show isn't really about the characters, but even so they could have at least made them somewhat interesting.

I hated how back and forth the episodes were in quality. There are some episodes that are just awesome - I think my favorite was the one where the Tachikoma brings back that box, and it turns out to hold a digital theater playing a film so beautiful that nobody can stand to leave after they watch it and keep their consciousness in the box. That's just freaking cool. The whole subplot about the Tachikomas, the sex-dolls, and consciousness/development of sentience/will was also badass (Ergo Proxy still did it better). If the series could have hit the quality of its highpoints more consistantly it would have been a great show. It's a shame that those highpoints are rare. As a whole the series is overly convoluted, and doesn't offer enough entertainment for the effort demanded to really understand the story. Just because an idea is overly convoluted doesn't make it cool. That aside, some of the philisophical underpinnings of the story ARE really cool when you look into them. It's easy to see (even despite my not liking the show) that a lot of time was spent on piecing everything together, and I can at least respect that.

Oh, I also really liked the Major's two cybernetic lesbian friends, Kurutan and Ran. Those two were boss. If anyone ever does write a Ghost in the Shell/Valkyria Chronicles fic, they'd better be involved.

Last edited by DC20; 2011-03-08 at 01:16.

Tags
fanfiction