AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 10:14   Link #121
DoomRavager

If we're going to read too much into the April Fools images we may as well consider that one with the BETA Katamari as a foreshadowing of gattai.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 00:14   Link #122
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
She seems more likely to use Aniki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
It doesn't roll out as smoothly.
I'll have to agree with Chibiloli here. 'Onii-chan' may sound cuter and smoother, however Yui has ther 'Tsun-Tsun' phase. Aniki sounds harder, hits faster and is a sounds more suited to siblings with a love-hate relationship.

In that case 'Aniki' might suit Yui better... at least until she flips over and goes 'Dere-Dere' Jelly legs for her big brother Yuuya.

EDIT - I can't believe I just advocated using one big brother term over another. My IRL Sister would skin me alive if she knew about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
If we're going to read too much into the April Fools images we may as well consider that one with the BETA Katamari as a foreshadowing of gattai.
Actually, could this be how that Laser Fort Monstrosity came to be? The BETA saw that the humans were pulling some blue fire, soul of my dead girlfriend Newtype/Shounen-powerup and decided to counter with Gattai?

...nah.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:20   Link #123
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

h
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
I'll have to agree with Chibiloli here. 'Onii-chan' may sound cuter and smoother, however Yui has ther 'Tsun-Tsun' phase. Aniki sounds harder, hits faster and is a sounds more suited to siblings with a love-hate relationship.

In that case 'Aniki' might suit Yui better... at least until she flips over and goes 'Dere-Dere' Jelly legs for her big brother Yuuya.

EDIT - I can't believe I just advocated using one big brother term over another. My IRL Sister would skin me alive if she knew about this.

Actually, could this be how that Laser Fort Monstrosity came to be? The BETA saw that the humans were pulling some blue fire, soul of my dead girlfriend Newtype/Shounen-powerup and decided to counter with Gattai?

...nah.
Well I might as well tell you what I know of the game.
Spoiler for open at your own risk my jap friends spoiled me:

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2013-05-18 at 02:49.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:50   Link #124
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Now that I am not distracted by writing a bunch of WTO legalese, and my shiny new 3DS, I analyzed all available info, and....made a small rant. Enjoy.

Spoiler for AMT-kun drops the tsun:
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:10   Link #125
Micropod

As far as I'm reading it
Spoiler for shooting aftermath:

And
Spoiler for corporate drama:
Micropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 07:34   Link #126
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micropod View Post
And
Spoiler for corporate drama:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 09:52   Link #127
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Now that I am not distracted by writing a bunch of WTO legalese, and my shiny new 3DS, I analyzed all available info, and....made a small rant. Enjoy.

Spoiler for AMT-kun drops the tsun:
Right now I'm more shocked than anything else, but IMHO the revelations alone I don't think are enough to judge the work. Until I have actually played it, I have no idea if it was good or bad. On paper it seems like a trainwreck, but for all I know it's actually one of the rare good Michael Bay movies (hence the trainwreck on paper, but one hell of a spectacle in it's execution). In other words: horrible plot with holes everywhere, but it's just executed so aweomely I don't give a damn.

Still, you do raise plenty of valid points. Latrova surviving, explanation or no explanation, seems like a cop out from a Walt Disney cartoon.

As for the sinking of both my ships, well there's always fanfiction to sort it all out. I'm actually brainstorming ideas regarding the new spin on Yui's realtionship to Yuuya right now: in my view you can either work around it or use it to you advantage (which I feel would be a better challenge). Since this is not the fanfiction thread I'll refrain from saying more on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Seriously, stealing a TSF design? Have you no respect for IP, Yui Takamura? Sure the BETA are at the gates but even you have to be aware that coporate espionage is the greatest of all sins, right up there with Copyright Piracy, Patent Infringement, blatantly copied Indistrial Designs and Deceptively Similar Trade Marks! Shame on you!

Capatalism Ho!
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 09:58   Link #128
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post

Seriously, stealing a TSF design? Have you no respect for IP, Yui Takamura? Sure the BETA are at the gates but even you have to be aware that coporate espionage is the greatest of all sins, right up there with Copyright Piracy, Patent Infringement, blatantly copied Indistrial Designs and Deceptively Similar Trade Marks! Shame on you!

Capatalism Ho!
Don't worry, Yuuya-oniisan will take care of any enemies that dares to to defy Yui-chan
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:37   Link #129
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I would really, really want to give this benefit of the doubt.
But frankly, I won't.

I have heard the opinions, looked through the facts, and actually seen at least some CGs. No, just no. This is horrible, falls flat on its face, blahblahblah.

If Schwarzemarken or TDA finish in the same way, Muv-Luv will be pretty much finished. At least for me.
It *pains* because TE was originally quite an enjoyable romp, and the way the left it gave it quite a lot of development potential. Instead, all of that went to waste. That's the most frustrating part.

Also, lolcorporate drama makes so little sense that it's painful. At least, we have the CIA. Because in America, IP is serious ****** business.

*sigh*
Well, at least, I'll get an extra satisfaction from writing Comet now. I'm sort-of glad I didn't wait for this to come out to work out my plotline, so I screw this forttrainwreck with impunity.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:33   Link #130
Micropod

So after painstaking step by step spoiler dump correction and verification with anonymous person in the internets who played the game, this is what could probably said to be the spoiler list iteration with the least errors so far.

Spoiler for Totally Crisp:

Last edited by Micropod; 2013-05-19 at 05:06. Reason: tossed in some more stuff about tritrioculus lasers
Micropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:48   Link #131
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Nice writeup, matches what I got so far.

Anyone else thinking of Yukikaze anime ending for the last part?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...cE_xGdc#t=401s

Spoiler for Operation Zero - Best Operation:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:21   Link #132
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Back to TE, some spoiler-based questions/theories:
Spoiler:
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:32   Link #133
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Back to TE, some spoiler-based questions/theories:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for TE ans:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-05-19, 06:50   Link #134
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Spoiler for TE ans:
Spoiler for TE ans:
Old 2013-05-19, 08:05   Link #135
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Spoiler for TE ans:
That's the thing, there never was any mention about Operation Ouka in Cryska's one. That's why everyone was certain she was going to die then. The writers just moved the timetable up by 2 months...

クリスカA
私には何もない、失えるものなど、始めから幻想でしかなかったのだ。
お前は違う。お前は捨てではいけない。
お前には……最後まで生きて欲しい……
Cryska ver A
I never had anything to begin with, other than my dreams there is nothing else that can be taken from me. But you are different, You must never give in.I hope……… you will live till the end……

クリスカB
諦めるな、貴様が諦めたら、私は戦えない。
貴様が居たから、貴様と共に、私は最後まで戦える。
だから、貴様だけは諦めるな……
Cryska ver B
Don’t give up, if even you were to give up now, I would no longer be able to fight.Only with you here with me, am I able to fight till the end.That’s

Its good to be able to comfort a broken Yui... also, if Yuuya survives, it might be the time for a little "Dark Secret = I'm Really Your Half Sister", if you get my meaning... The love part of the game isn't over, not matter what is said about TE...

Old 2013-05-19, 08:11   Link #136
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Its good to be able to comfort a broken Yui...
- You SURE about that? Those are some pretty big shoes to fill...
Old 2013-05-19, 08:13   Link #137
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I wear size 12... my problem is finding shoes big enough...

But like I said, don't count Yuuya x Yui out yet... not till we have the scene with Inia + one other Esper at the beach.

Old 2013-05-19, 08:14   Link #138
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I MEANT that trying to replace Yuuya in Yui's life would be a tall order. In fanfiction terms, he'd have to be a Jerkass Gary Stu at best...at worst, a Jerkass Gary Stu with delusions of saving the human race, an alcohol problem, and a talent for building uberpowered TSFs in a cave with a box of scraps...

...characters. Not us, I meant characters in-story.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:16   Link #139
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I know. I was trying to indirectly say I'm man enough to try. It's not being a jerkass if you really care.

The best stories are made when you can put yourselves in the characters shoes... and love is a story old to time...

Old 2013-05-19, 08:34   Link #140
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

The joys of fanfiction is that you can freely retcon character relations.

I mean, Japan has a very long tradition of adopting heirs, *pretty* sure that one of the execs (or future execs.) of one of their big, family-owned companies (probably Honda), is actually adopted...Hint hint.

Also, you can always descend into the darker corners and join those "pick-a-waifu" games. They're pretty fun.

In fact, TE girls did really well this year. I grabbed Yui, Cryska and Inia, my friend nabbed Stella and somebody yoined Cui.
No love for Tarisa though. Makes you want to hug the poor girl. No-one cares about her. Even in-story.