AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 22:59   Link #9361
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And for forever and a day Brady will be mentioned in the same breath as Montana and Bradshaw....ergh....
Old 2015-02-01, 23:03   Link #9362
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
the report about 3 or 4 footballs being severly deflated might be a lie, too, because...a lot of people hate the Patriots and might have been lying about the matter because they are sore losers and want to throw whatever mud they can at the Patriots.
It's from the exact same guy who reported that only one was severely under inflated. That's what I meant by conflicting information.

And only one could also be a lie. You can't just assume the one you want to assume is true and all others are liars because people hate the Pats.

If it were truly nothing that would come of it, without interference from the Commissioner, then they would've published that information before the SB. The fact they haven't shows there's more to it and SOMETHING is amiss.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 00:05   Link #9363
cyberdemon

I'm screwed I hate the patriots in a family that worships them. It's going to be unbearable for a while. What was Seattle thinking passing on second and 1?
Old 2015-02-02, 01:35   Link #9364
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I don't even watch (American) football and still could see that is a stupid pass. A terrible decision

What is "second and 1" through?
Old 2015-02-02, 02:01   Link #9365
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I saw this posted by someone on twitter and found it hilarious:

oh my lord. hahhahahahahahaha

@risingstar

in the NFL, you get 4 tries (downs) to move the ball 10 yards. so second and one means the second down, (your second chance) and 1 yard until you hit the requisite 10 yards to get a new set of downs.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 07:12   Link #9366
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh my lord. hahhahahahahahaha

@risingstar

in the NFL, you get 4 tries (downs) to move the ball 10 yards. so second and one means the second down, (your second chance) and 1 yard until you hit the requisite 10 yards to get a new set of downs.
Kinda like in Mario where you got 99 coins, and one more coin will get you a free life?
Old 2015-02-02, 13:26   Link #9367
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Kinda like in Mario where you got 99 coins, and one more coin will get you a free life?
Precisely.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 13:32   Link #9368
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I hate you Tom Brady...but congratulations...you rat bastard.

Seattle OC and Wilson better have gone into hiding...probably go down as one of the most idiotic plays in Super Bowl history, if not the most idiotic.

I'm hearing the reasoning of they didn't want to leave Brady with any time on the clock...the fuck? From the TD to the extra point, to the kick off...the Pats would have had between 10-15 seconds to pull a miracle out of their ass.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 14:26   Link #9369
GDB

10-15 seconds is enough, but there's a higher chance that a short, limp wristed pass gets picked off... and sure enough...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 16:28   Link #9370
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oh well, there's always the draft to look forward to.
Old 2015-02-02, 16:50   Link #9371
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm hearing the reasoning of they didn't want to leave Brady with any time on the clock...the fuck? From the TD to the extra point, to the kick off...the Pats would have had between 10-15 seconds to pull a miracle out of their ass.
You heard wrong. Carroll gave a pretty detailed explanation of the reasoning for passing on second down. Basically, if they wanted to use all three remaining downs after Lynch got stopped short of the goal line on first and goal, they had to pass on second down. That way you can run it on both third and fourth down, with the remaining TO used after third down. Hypothetically, if Seattle had run on second down and failed to get in, they would've needed to call the TO, in addition to passing on both third and fourth down. So the reasoning was sound. However, they overthought it, since the ball was at the 1-yard line (even considering that Lynch this season was 1-5 on conversion from the 1-yard line). If the ball had been at the 4 or so, nobody could've really complained legitimately about that passing call.

In the end, the playcall still got the WR open. But the Patriots' DBs just made a perfect play. Starting from Browner jamming the hell out of Kearse, preventing the pick from materialising, to Butler seeing what was coming from the very beginning and jumping the route.
Old 2015-02-02, 19:57   Link #9372
sky black swordman

Warren Sapp was arrested on Monday on suspicion of allegedly soliciting a prostitute and assault. The NFL Network promptly fired Sapp.
Old 2015-02-02, 21:18   Link #9373
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Warren Sapp was arrested on Monday on suspicion of allegedly soliciting a prostitute and assault. The NFL Network promptly fired Sapp.

What an idiot....
Old 2015-02-05, 10:13   Link #9374
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Seriously...what the hell.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 22:35   Link #9375
Yye1
Wide Right

Yeah, the Combine!!!
40s, veriticals, cones and bench press!
What a colossal waste of air time....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 04:13   Link #9376
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Meh, all part of keeping the NFL going all year round. Teams need to suss out what they want more thoroughly at some point.

I'm going to be very disturbed if Jameis Winston goes #1. Regardless, I'll resent whatever team takes him.
Old 2015-03-03, 02:48   Link #9377
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Cowboys tag Bryant, Bronces franchise D. Thomas, Houston gets tagged by Kansas City. Suh, Murray, J. Thomas - hitting free agency.

And some news that may not mean much to some of you but means a fair bit to an Aussie like me - Jarryd Hayne has signed with the 49ers. This guy was an absolute talent in rugby league. He will need some time to adjust but I believe he can make it. Samari, if you're still around, this guy, at the very least, would be a capable kickoff/punt returner and at best, you may have found a replacement for when Frank Gore calls it a day. Good luck to him, hope he can make it in the NFL.
Old 2015-03-03, 19:05   Link #9378
VTHokiePride

Eagles trading Lesean McCoy to the Bills for Kiko Alonso. Looks like Chip Kelly is making the Eagles into the Ducks. I can see him making a run for Mariota in the draft too. Imagine if Kiko Alonso never returns to pre-injury form after his ACL tear. Chip Kelly will be run out of Philadelphia. Maclin and Graham could walk out the door in free agency too.
Old 2015-03-03, 21:58   Link #9379
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

McCoy was feeling he was being phased out in Philly. Makes sense they got a value trade for him.

The most likely release from Philly is Trent Cole. There's rumblings that CJ Spiller might end up in Philly somehow.

And with the amount of Ducks gradually showing up in Philly, anyone else getting the feeling Chip Kelly will want Philly to trade up for Mariota? Maybe with....the Jets?
Old 2015-03-05, 15:10   Link #9380
VTHokiePride

I hope the Redskins trade down with the Eagles. They pick 5th and the Jets are 6th. I really want to draft a franchise RT this draft and there's none worth taking that high up.

Tags
american football, sports