AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 05:41   Link #341
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
would just like to point out an observation.

Yuuki and Kaname seem to have the same hair and eye color.
Actually they don't. Kaname's hair is darker than Yuuki's. Her eyes are bright brown while his are brown with reddish tint in them (yes, i just checked ).

That is an interesting theory though ... but if they are indeed related somehow, i have to wonder why she hasn't been let in on the fact over all these years.
Old 2008-04-13, 06:47   Link #342
Silverwyrm

read manga all the way up, really hoping this continues well because I'm really liking the manga and the first ep went well. Also seeing some good observations here and there through these pages
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 07:26   Link #343
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
I'm impressed! It seems that the anime is following the manga almost spot-on, though I think the 'signs' of Zero changing were revealed quite early in the anime (it took a couple/few chapters in the mange if my memory serves me correct)
Spoiler for possible manga spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually they don't. Kaname's hair is darker than Yuuki's. Her eyes are bright brown while his are brown with reddish tint in them (yes, i just checked ).

That is an interesting theory though ... but if they are indeed related somehow, i have to wonder why she hasn't been let in on the fact over all these years.
I looked closely to make sure before i posted. however his hair does look darker
Spoiler for picture:

Last edited by Vinak; 2008-04-13 at 07:46.
Vinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 07:45   Link #344
Mirakuru

Quote:
Spoiler for possible manga spoiler:
Ohh.. so it seems that the anime is keeping the pace well. ^^ Thanks for telling me =]
Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:42   Link #345
LKK

Siblings don't have to look alike, you know. Few people realize my brother and I are brother and sister when they first meet us. We look that different from each other. Conversely, two people having similar hair and eye color doesn't mean their siblings. I'd want something more concrete that physical appearance before I'd speculate that Yuki and Kaname are sister and brother.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 09:53   Link #346
ahmad

Honestly i have never seen any anime get so much speculation just from the first episode This is one of the things which makes this show special. Certainly there are many things that seem possible at this moment.
About the OP, it is damn catchy and has a vampire feel to it i think. Suits the anime very well!
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:13   Link #347
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ I blame sky for all the "out of this world but seems to hit home" speculations
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Siblings don't have to look alike, you know. Few people realize my brother and I are brother and sister when they first meet us. We look that different from each other. Conversely, two people having similar hair and eye color doesn't mean their siblings. I'd want something more concrete that physical appearance before I'd speculate that Yuki and Kaname are sister and brother.
Now I will be double dammed if it turns out that Yuki is Kaname's clone.

/baseless thought

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:29   Link #348
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

/baseless thought
A baseless thought? I don't think so. I think I know exactly what basis brought that thought on. However, I feel pretty confident that there aren't clones in the VK universe.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-04-13, 10:49   Link #349
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Uhh, aren't clones by definition identical genetic material? So by the fact that Kaname is a guy and Yuuki is a girl rules out the clone theory lol.

Maybe she was born of part of his DNA, and thus making her his sister or something. But getting so sci-fi'ish in a vampire show is kinda an oxymoron, no? It's so out there, I don't think it's even remotely possible for her to be artificially made out of his DNA, even in part.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:00   Link #350
Kaijin
かいじん

As someone who is reading the manga, I have to practically sit on my hands not to spoil anything, but I enjoy reading all your speculations, right or wrong, it's fun to see what people are coming up with based on the first episode.

Glad you are all enjoying it cause I'm loving the manga, and episode one pretty much followed chapter one of the manga, therefore, so far so good. I hope they keep adapting as faithfully as they can.
Old 2008-04-13, 12:25   Link #351
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
I understand that very well. my sister and I look nothing alike. but we still have similar hair and eye colors
Quote:

/baseless thought
I don't think we will see clones in this vampire show...that would get kinda weird XD
Quote:
As someone who is reading the manga, I have to practically sit on my hands not to spoil anything, but I enjoy reading all your speculations, right or wrong, it's fun to see what people are coming up with based on the first episode.

Glad you are all enjoying it cause I'm loving the manga, and episode one pretty much followed chapter one of the manga, therefore, so far so good. I hope they keep adapting as faithfully as they can.
hehe i know how you are feeling. I simply can't wait until the next monthly manga chapters come out.
Old 2008-04-13, 12:51   Link #352
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm kinda torn between catching up with the manga or passing on reading it for now so that the later events in the tv series is fresh to me. What will I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Also, this spring is Fukuyama Jun's turn to run wild: He's in VK, he's the lead character in Special A and Code Geass R2.
He has 4 main character roles in Lelouch (Code Geass R2), Watanuki (xxxHOLiC Kei), Takashima (Special A) & Tokidoki (Amatsuki). As well as two supporting character roles in Luka Angeloni (Macross Frontier) and of course this series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:00   Link #353
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm kinda torn between catching up with the manga or passing on reading it for now so that the later events in the tv series is fresh to me. What will I do
If youre enjoying participating in the speculation Id adivse you to not catch up in the manga since as stated by other manga readers we're all kinda just sitting here unable to really say anything Course that aint stopping Sage d(^_^). So I guess its up to you on whether you can hold out each week to see what the series covers.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:02   Link #354
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Course that aint stopping Sage d(^_^).
You just have to be stealthy about it.

Now, another interesting thing is that tatoo on Zero's neck. It's very similar to the official Cross Academy symbol isn't it (and VK itself)? I wonder if that has any deeper meaning? Plus, wth does Zero shoot from his gun? It seems to be some form of condensed high energy light. And with the electricity from Yuuki's rod, does this mean these vamps are weak against electricity? Charcoaled vampires anyone?

By the way, what does it take for a series to get it's own subforum?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:09   Link #355
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Actually, he licked the blood of the vampire he just killed.

And about people saying Kaname is evil - like I said before, he can be really cruel if he wants to be. Examples? He stabbed the vampire that attacked Yuuki straight through the neck with his BARE HANDS! And he slapped Aidou quite indifferently - all with calm demeanour. Plus, the sarcastic remark he made to Zero about being scary speaks a good deal about part of Kaname's character.
My bad I guess I didn't think about what I type lol.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:17   Link #356
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm kinda torn between catching up with the manga or passing on reading it for now so that the later events in the tv series is fresh to me. What will I do ...
I've read ahead 20 chapters or so, and I'd recommend not doing it. Much as I enjoyed it, it leaves me unable to participate fully in the discussion, since I always have to be careful what I say. And i do like to see things fresh.

By the way, based on the anime, I personally like Kaname. That may or may not change if and when we find out he has ulterior motives.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:35   Link #357
$akura
Tell me this isn't TLC

I've only read random chapters of the manga in Shoujo Beat, so I was quite shocked to learn that Zero had white hair and purple eyes... xD
$akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:35   Link #358
LKK

Quote:
I understand that very well. my sister and I look nothing alike. but we still have similar hair and eye colors
Not so for me and my brother. He has blond hair and blue eyes. I have brown almost black hair and brown hazel eyes. We're very different siblings. It's because he looks like Dad while I look like Mom.

Old 2008-04-13, 17:53   Link #359
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
Wow~ So many wonderful speculations. Good thing I'm not into the more recent chapters. So I have some knowledge, but not all of it. ^^

Out of my boredom...~

The anime has officially turned me into an Aidou fan.
Raserei Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:07   Link #360
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yah, don't read the manga... it sucks siting on the sideline... i wanna say stuff badly, but it'd ruin it for people, especially since some people really have caught the scent of the show.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote