AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 18:27   Link #361
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei Hojo View Post
Wow~ So many wonderful speculations. Good thing I'm not into the more recent chapters. So I have some knowledge, but not all of it. ^^

Out of my boredom...~

The anime has officially turned me into an Aidou fan.
What are the words in the second one?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:44   Link #362
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What are the words in the second one?
Looks like: "I'm idol of idol"
Even watching the episode it was hard to see exactly.
Old 2008-04-13, 18:49   Link #363
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yah, don't read the manga... it sucks siting on the sideline... i wanna say stuff badly, but it'd ruin it for people, especially since some people really have caught the scent of the show.
Your right its really hard watching all the speculation and you just want to yell it out but you cant. Right now its focusing on some of the great scenes that were in manga being animated cant wait to see how they pull some of them off.
Old 2008-04-13, 19:22   Link #364
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah. some of these scenes are going to be beastly when they're animated.. end of chapter 3? oh, i think so... i'm guessing that'll be the end of ep 2. i can't wait for it!!

anyways, so i'm debating between Seiren and Ruka. what are your thoughts?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:54   Link #365
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yah, don't read the manga... it sucks siting on the sideline... i wanna say stuff badly, but it'd ruin it for people, especially since some people really have caught the scent of the show.
I guess its still ok, nothing is really determined yet even in the manga, I haven't been completely following it but till now I'm still not entirely sure which direction its heading.

What are the chances Studio DEEN will pull an anime original ending?
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:32   Link #366
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Yikes, VK fangirls just seem to want to eat Kaname alive.
Well I can tell you, THIS fangirl does NOT. I hate Kaname. lol I don't understand why other fangirls worship the ground he steps on. He's the exact stereotype I could never stand. I find Aidou rather annoying too. He just seems so immature and...I don't know...he bugs me.

Yuuki and Zero are the best characters.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:49   Link #367
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I am cheering for Zero. He is so cute. =)
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:06   Link #368
Rodo K.
The Other Alice

alot of people say, VK was a bit too cute and not sexii. I'm a dedicated fan to this series and i don't care as long as i can see my Zero-kun. :3
Rodo K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:24   Link #369
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo K. View Post
alot of people say, VK was a bit too cute and not sexii. I'm a dedicated fan to this series and i don't care as long as i can see my Zero-kun. :3
Cute??? who the hell is calling it cute? I mean Yuki has cute moments but i really wouldn't associate the word cute with VK at all.
Old 2008-04-14, 12:34   Link #370
Ori

I don't know. I find VK pretty cute. Maybe not cute in terms of Shoujo manga, but definately cute in general sense.

I have never read the manga myself, so everything I say is speculations.

I really like Zero so far because not only is he cute [and has the voice of Setsuna and Tamaki and Light (ZOMG)] he is an angst machine since Zero... as far as I can tell... is probably a vampire himself (the fang, at the end of the episode, the pills). As we all know, angst is never far behind when you have a character who hates what he is.

Amazing how Yuuki... despite of living with him for so long, still doesn't know what he really is.

If the opening tells me anything it's that though Yuuki has that huge crush on that other vampire, she probably will end up with Zero despite of their constant bickering.
Old 2008-04-14, 12:57   Link #371
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
Episode two RAW is out~ Let's see what this lovely episode contains <3
Raserei Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 13:03   Link #372
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
I really like Zero so far because not only is he cute [and has the voice of Setsuna and Tamaki and Light (ZOMG)] he is an angst machine
I'd say you're spot on with that character analysis. And that's the biggest reason why I prefer Kaname over Zero. I have a low tolerance for angsty characters. But each to his own, right?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 13:24   Link #373
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
I don't know. I find VK pretty cute. Maybe not cute in terms of Shoujo manga, but definately cute in general sense.

I have never read the manga myself, so everything I say is speculations.

I really like Zero so far because not only is he cute [and has the voice of Setsuna and Tamaki and Light (ZOMG)] he is an angst machine since Zero... as far as I can tell... is probably a vampire himself (the fang, at the end of the episode, the pills). As we all know, angst is never far behind when you have a character who hates what he is.

Amazing how Yuuki... despite of living with him for so long, still doesn't know what he really is.

If the opening tells me anything it's that though Yuuki has that huge crush on that other vampire, she probably will end up with Zero despite of their constant bickering.
I see what your saying iv just never seen it that way. I have a hard time pinning cute with anything in this series. Maybe its because im reading the manga and where i am now its anything but cute lol.

Not so sure about the paring even the manga is iffy about that at the moment i honestly dont know whats going to happen but angst is only going to get worse. I had to stop and reread a couple of the chapters because it fried my brain i think the anime is going to do the same thing.

The ED has some nice symbolism in it as i put the last scene in the ED together with what i think they are trying to say. The glass with red liquid and blue roses scattered around her. Then there's Day class with black uniforms and the night class with white uniforms.
Old 2008-04-14, 13:37   Link #374
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Quote:
I really like Zero so far because not only is he cute [and has the voice of Setsuna and Tamaki and Light (ZOMG)] he is an angst machine
I'd say you're spot on with that character analysis. And that's the biggest reason why I prefer Kaname over Zero. I have a low tolerance for angsty characters. But each to his own, right?
I don't mind angst too much but angst with some productivity is better. It would be nice if Zero tries to figure things out and start planning for his goal, whether it is to annihilate the vampires or not - instead of feeling the angst and the hatred all the time. Who knows, he just might do something soon.

Like I said before in another discussion, I just have this nagging feeling that Kaname is really the tragic character in the end - characters like him usually if not always end up with the short end of the stick. And that anything between Kaname and Yuuki would probably be tragic too. Dear gawd, I hope they don't pull a Shakespearean tragedy on us.

Dammit, I want school to end like...NOW...so I can head home and watch ep 2. :O

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 14:13   Link #375
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
woot ep 2 is valentine day ep it's going according to the manga... lol those gates bet they borrow them from horse tracks

Last edited by cindialai; 2008-04-14 at 14:31.
cindialai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 14:13   Link #376
Ori

I just assumed that Zero will eventually give up his angst and hatred toward vampire (because of Yuuki?) and accept who he is (seeing you probably can't cure yourself of being a vampire). At least, that's how most shoujo manga works.
Old 2008-04-14, 14:20   Link #377
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
He just seems so immature and...I don't know...he bugs me.
He is somehow the youngest vampire of the lot but even so he is very dedicated to Kaname.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 14:54   Link #378
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
If I can recall correctly, episode 2 sticks very closely with the manga. Except for the whole elemental powers thing towards the end? I don't... recall the VK vampires having elemental powers? Although, Aidou having ice powers totally makes me like him even more. ^^

(DID they have elemental powers in the manga?)
Raserei Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:33   Link #379
dxgarten

Episode 02 screenshots and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:39   Link #380
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well I can tell you, THIS fangirl does NOT. I hate Kaname. lol I don't understand why other fangirls worship the ground he steps on. He's the exact stereotype I could never stand. I find Aidou rather annoying too. He just seems so immature and...I don't know...he bugs me.
I dont worship Kaname (shut up Sage!) I just prefer his character over Zero. To me Zero is the kind of sterotype I cant stand, but again I do like him better in the anime. But I still prefer Kaname over him and always will. Whiny angst is only good for a while and then it gets on ones nerves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Well though its not really shown in epi 1, Zero doesnt start out like that in the manga. Its more hidden in the first several chaps. Trust me when it was revealed in the manga I was a bit shocked myself. So I can kinda see how Yuuki didnt know for so long.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote