AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-18, 18:29   Link #48501
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn, question for all the IS tech gurus out there:

To what extent can a IS frame/core alter its capabilities and determine it's own 'evolution path' to fit its pilot? From efault Byakkushiki to 1st shift Byakkushiki to Byakkushiki Setsura - one could argue that it was/is following Shiroshiki's original 'evolution path'. I know some settings can be pre-determined (melee, archer, or mage) and as well as the preset weaponry assigned to its slots but is that determined by the core itself?
For plot convenience, Chifuyu claimed that cores are choosy about what equipment they have.

later Byakushiki wield Assault Rifle (technically a battle rifle but whatever), then went to create high output beam cannon instead of similar weapon, alongside near-impenetrable anti-energy shield, as well as propulsion so massive they overwhelmed Gospel's vastly superior agility.

So it's easy to say that Core 001 like to follow 'Brute force' path in everything, melee or range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I'm thinking it does since like I said before, Core 001 seems to be following a specific upgrading path even if it's suppose to be different.
Not really, it's only special because it's responding easily to Ichika's wish and being the oldest core means it's also the most developed amongst them all.

----

Of course, I rejected this piece of canon in both ST and Mirrorverse.
Old 2013-11-18, 18:43   Link #48502
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, I can see how the power increase to 2nd shift gave it all those abilities because it needed to fight against Gospel. But really, 2nd shift in only a few months? While Cecilia and Rin have had their units for far longer and haven't gotten out of 1st shift? Crazy...

Or is the amount and intensity of battles a way to 'lvl up' the units faster... Seems like this is the default/'only' route for an Orimura...
I now see Ichika and Chifuyu going into a DBZ style Hyperbolic Time Chamber to raise their IS synchros up to 3rd shift...

And AkaTsubaki is already in it's 1st shift? I forgot... Tabane did tailor it to Houki so what's the use of it being in 'default' if it's already programmed with its pilot's info.
Old 2013-11-18, 18:46   Link #48503
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To be fair, shift up is less evolution and more basic optimization and upgrade. Tabane did it in 7 minutes without major tools after all.

It just that in case of Fold out Armor, optimization means pulling shinies from thin air according to the plot. (no really)
Old 2013-11-18, 19:00   Link #48504
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
For plot convenience, Chifuyu claimed that cores are choosy about what equipment they have.

later Byakushiki wield Assault Rifle (technically a battle rifle but whatever), then went to create high output beam cannon instead of similar weapon, alongside near-impenetrable anti-energy shield, as well as propulsion so massive they overwhelmed Gospel's vastly superior agility.

So it's easy to say that Core 001 like to follow 'Brute force' path in everything, melee or range.

Not really, it's only special because it's responding easily to Ichika's wish and being the oldest core means it's also the most developed among them all.

----

Of course, I rejected this piece of canon in both ST and Mirrorverse.
So that made a mass-production unit has no chance for Evolution, due to the constant change in pilot? Or it is possible, given enough time to "bonding" with a certain user?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:00   Link #48505
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... mrr, this is why I never bothered making an OC w/ an IS. Even with the unit being empathic, too many unknowns. I also don't know enough about mechs to incorporate a design from an existing model into what I got in my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
So that made a mass-production unit has no chance for Evolution, due to the constant change in pilot? Or it is possible, given enough time to "bonding" with a certain user?
I believe that those 'mass-produced' ones like the training ones at ISA have some sort of locking mechanism on their ability to 'learn about the pilot'. In terms of programing, they are 'executables only', They don't read the specs of the trainees or remember them. Unless someone alters the protection, they'll forever be 'training units'.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:04   Link #48506
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I believe that's the case as well, the core will still grew, but at much slower pace. OTOH the frame is basically in extended stasis.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:07   Link #48507
demino_hellsin
That one guy

in theory, IS have a certain evolution lock. That is at its most basic stage the core can evolve to any extent. When it has already optimized itself initially, the core will follow the evolution path to compliment the current repertoire.

Byakushiki is an exception in evolution path because it still remembers its past as Shirokishi
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:15   Link #48508
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Tempest, do you have time to spare? I need to discuss something about chapter 7

And it'll be kind of long...
Old 2013-11-18, 19:16   Link #48509
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Tempest, do you have time to spare? I need to discuss something about chapter 7

And it'll be kind of long...
Yeah, I'm at work playing a game >.<
Old 2013-11-18, 19:18   Link #48510
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hahaha

My mind is blocked to choose between two set of plot.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:35   Link #48511
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That made another problem: Where did these materials for the upgrade came from? Did the Core create them by itself, pulling from an existing armory in 4th-dimension, or sacrificed some of its own part?
Old 2013-11-18, 19:43   Link #48512
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Probably a bit of both

Remember I.S. frame being stored as data + energy, basically. So major data expansion is possible via core itself, this might takes time to do.

MAYBE that's why Houki's nifty new cannon took a long time to be made, it has to be scratchbuilt from thin air. In contrast, her toe blade is not generated, it's constructed from existing material so it's near instantaneous process.
Old 2013-11-18, 20:12   Link #48513
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Probably a bit of both

Remember I.S. frame being stored as data + energy, basically. So major data expansion is possible via core itself, this might takes time to do.

MAYBE that's why Houki's nifty new cannon took a long time to be made, it has to be scratchbuilt from thin air. In contrast, her toe blade is not generated, it's constructed from existing material so it's near instantaneous process.
So that could explain why the Harem have't evolved yet. Their machines (except Charl's) were not made for them, but were made for their countries, and so could have a lock on themself.

Thinking, where did the exhausted fuel of an IS go?
Old 2013-11-18, 20:28   Link #48514
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So that could explain why the Harem have't evolved yet. Their machines (except Charl's) were not made for them, but were made for their countries, and so could have a lock on themself.
Not really

Shift up is important for data gathering, like I said before they just slower to evolve.

Even Akatsubaki hadn't reach it, remember?
Quote:
Thinking, where did the exhausted fuel of an IS go?
I suppose like weapons, they dissolve into data and return back to I.S. to be recycled.
Old 2013-11-18, 20:38   Link #48515
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Not really

Shift up is important for data gathering, like I said before they just slower to evolve.

Even Akatsubaki hadn't reach it, remember?
I suppose like weapons, they dissolve into data and return back to I.S. to be recycled.
Does that mean banging even harder to Ichika count as "Data Gathering"?
Old 2013-11-18, 20:58   Link #48516
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, harem antic >>>>> plot and backstory

I had to squint on the novel to get everything, and even then sometimes Masuzu had to correct me.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:04   Link #48517
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I'm quite surprising in the fact that no one has ever try to say that the girls are just as dense and insensetive as Ichika. Seriously, do they even feel tired, want to give up all these violent behavior and try to understand him?

Don't know why, but maybe one-shot does suit me better.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:08   Link #48518
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I'm quite surprising in the fact that no one has ever try to say that the girls are just as dense and insensetive as Ichika. Seriously, do they even feel tired, want to give up all these violent behavior and try to understand him?

Don't know why, but maybe one-shot does suit me better.
They are infected with the Y virus, therefore they must be PURGED before they spread the infection!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 21:13   Link #48519
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The day Kanzashi got absorbed into the blob colony will be the doom of the franchise for me
Old 2013-11-18, 21:26   Link #48520
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

On the bright side, Chifuyu would have more victim!

And why am I imagine a mini-Chifuyu waving sword at the girls, while sitting on Ichika's lap?

A good material, though.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest