AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 17:00   Link #2461
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I don't think it's brainwashing. In terms of Gundam brainwashing we would see him actually going into peoples' minds and manipulating them from there. IE. The druggies from SEED/Destiny.

Granted he does have some sort of cult that revolves around him and his ideals and that tends to lead into brainwashing where they become fatalistic and willing to die for him. In terms of the show I wouldn't put it into brainwashing.

The thing is that he's proven that he can enter the minds of other people and suggest things which gives him an edge in manipulating people.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-07-11 at 17:10.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 17:23   Link #2462
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't think it's brainwashing. In terms of Gundam brainwashing we would see him actually going into peoples' minds and manipulating them from there. IE. The druggies from SEED/Destiny.

Granted he does have some sort of cult that revolves around him and his ideals and that tends to lead into brainwashing where they become fatalistic and willing to die for him. In terms of the show I wouldn't put it into brainwashing.

The thing is that he's proven that he can enter the minds of other people and suggest things which gives him an edge in manipulating people.
he mindfucks people with Eden images, like a goodfeel drug, pretty much
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 18:00   Link #2463
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Yeah, the druggies are the best example of brainwashing in Gundam, but iirc Zeon were the pioneers of brainwashing. There's those kids from 8th MS team, the Ple series of clones...This reminds me, everyone's favorite space revolutionaries have quite a list of crimes against humanity...genetric experimentation on humans, cloning of humans, genocide, use of child soldiers, brainwashing. How they are so popular is beyond me...
Old 2012-07-12, 08:27   Link #2464
Plant42

An old news from July 4th that yet to be mentioned here.

A new ed is now confirmed to start on ep40.
The song is "forget-me-not~wasurenagusa~" by FLOWER.

http://www.gundam.info/topic/7315
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:15   Link #2465
Plant42

There is a notable change.

Every eps from now on won't be considered as "Kio Arc" anymore.

The official site has state that Jul 15th will be the start for the "Three generation Arc(三世代編)"

http://bandai-hobby.net/gunpla_AGE/n.../12071301.html
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:43   Link #2466
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
There is a notable change.

Every eps from now on won't be considered as "Kio Arc" anymore.

The official site has state that Jul 15th will be the start for the "Three generation Arc(三世代編)"

http://bandai-hobby.net/gunpla_AGE/n.../12071301.html
Okay good this is what I've been waiting for since Gen-3 started. Hopefully the interplay and contrast between the three will be good and leave lots of room for thinking and discussion about the generation gap now that everything is setup.

I wish we could get a new opening since I just plain do not like the third one at all. It has like no emotion or feeling to it compared to the first two. Not quite a Wing of Words, just utterly forgettable and generic for me. It doesn't help that Obari clearly phoned in the direction of it as well by recycling shots from Tekkaman Blade. Not at all what I've come to expect from Sunrise productions which typically have well above average opening and ending segments.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:37   Link #2467
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC, we ARE supposed to get a new OP.
Old 2012-07-13, 13:57   Link #2468
Dr. Casey

Oh wow, a new story arc... wasn't expecting that.

(Still hoping this means another timeskip >_>)
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:03   Link #2469
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

doubt we will get another timeskip, if anything this would be the small battle before the final showdown, and maybe some actual character development! Hurray!
Old 2012-07-13, 14:05   Link #2470
Dr. Casey

wtf mate, Flit's been a very dynamic character and Asemu's gone through quite a bit of development too.
Old 2012-07-13, 14:20   Link #2471
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
wtf mate, Flit's been a very dynamic character and Asemu's gone through quite a bit of development too.
oh, yeah, they both have, Kio has had a slight character developmetn too, only small, and retarded.

im talking about other characters, you know, anything to make us care for them, maybe develop Obright a tad bit too, you know? bring back Largan or characters we've seen before, Max/Arisa? Black bridge guy?

or just develop the ones they have in the Gen3, anything related to character development to atleast make us care a bit instead of what food Fatty Mcmunchies is going to eat this time he shows up in a random cameo
Old 2012-07-13, 14:22   Link #2472
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I can't see Largan or them being included by now. They're all in their eighties or so, they'd've retired. Max and Arisa would be a nice inclusion, but I get the feeling that Arisa has also retired from the military, if what Wootbit said about his joining the military and the Diva was any indication.
Old 2012-07-13, 14:28   Link #2473
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post

im talking about other characters, you know, anything to make us care for them, maybe develop Obright a tad bit too, you know? bring back Largan or characters we've seen before, Max/Arisa? Black bridge guy?
Those two appears in Memories of Sid, Ract also.

Largan is dead, killed by the mobile armor guard dog of EXA-DB I think.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:32   Link #2474
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Yeah, but you do understand what i mean, right? develop some other characters so you actually care about what happened to them.
Old 2012-07-13, 14:46   Link #2475
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Largan is dead
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'( Damn, that sucks. A shame, they didn't include him in the second generation...
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:50   Link #2476
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm not seeing any info about Largan's death. That said, it was reported that Asem killed Wivik in Memories of Sid, and that was proven false.
Old 2012-07-13, 14:57   Link #2477
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

i'd say Largan is about as dead as Max/Arisa is
Old 2012-07-13, 16:10   Link #2478
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
IIRC, we ARE supposed to get a new OP.
This new opening needs to be a power ballad. My faint hope is that they bring back Galileo Galilei, but we'll see.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:57   Link #2479
webkid94
*Author

^^ New OP is from Aoi Eir, who sung Fate/Zero's first ending theme. Have never heard of the ED group before.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:35   Link #2480
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
oh, yeah, they both have, Kio has had a slight character developmetn too, only small, and retarded.

or just develop the ones they have in the Gen3, anything related to character development to atleast make us care a bit instead of what food Fatty Mcmunchies is going to eat this time he shows up in a random cameo
Ah, I see. I can agree with that, Gundam AGE could indeed utilize much of the secondary cast better. The most glaring fault to me is the fact that the love interests get so little screentime, when I think they're all interesting and appealing characters in their own right. It just gets worse with each generation, too. Emily was prominent enough to possibly be considered the deuteragonist, Romary's presence was very sporadic and came only in spurts, and Wendy Hearts has gotten virtually no screentime since the very first episode of the arc. Waste of potential...