AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-28, 20:53   Link #3241
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
Yeah, maybe. But, that would be quite a bit of work, and not everyone will want to go through that just to join. Mostly, we should just go by the system where the voters just need to ignore the people who posted, and just vote for the best.

But, you've got me on this track now. What if the participants just PM their characters to Kyubi Jinchuuriki, and he lists them depending on the order in which he recieved them. That would add anonymity to the contest.

But, some may argue that it wouldn't let them show off their awesome character creation skills. Not me, but I'm just saying. Personally, it doesn't matter which way we do it. Just that someone tries to bring it back. Maybe we'll get a larger turnout than we used to. Although, there are much fewer people here, nowadays.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 16:42   Link #3242
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Hey. Sorry for double posting, but it's not my fault that I'm one of the only ones that frequent this thread.

I just wanted to tell anyone that comes to this thread, that I just finished the Character of the Year thread that Zaku Hyuga started over a year ago. All voters are welcome. Here's the link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76171

Basically, these were the winners from the seven character creation contests that Zaku held on the year of 2008. It's a bit late, but I feel better now that it's not just left unfinished. There's actually some closure now. So visit, vote, and enjoy the characters that were made by the veterans that used to come to this thread frequently. Maybe a few still do, I don't know for sure.

Well, I'm done babbling. That's that, and all those other sayings.
Old 2010-06-30, 21:47   Link #3243
Kyubi Jinchuuriki
Zyuubikage on TONFA

Location: Right next to you.... no the other way.... NO THE OTHER WAY ........ NO!!!! THE OTHER... nevermind
Send a message via AIM to Kyubi Jinchuuriki
Okay, I've posted the new thread along with the character theme. Mine will be up soon (maybe a day or two) kk, so get posting plz, lets bring this back!!
Here is the link :http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...10#post3115310
Old 2010-06-30, 21:51   Link #3244
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Awesome. I'll start working right away.

Last edited by Sharfan; 2010-07-10 at 02:44.
Old 2010-07-10, 16:31   Link #3245
Narutofan1998

Name: Umikaru Uzimako
Known Justus:Gyubiji, Sexy No Justu, Bunshin No Justu, and Fireblood Fang.
Eyes: Red and Blue (change color)
Height: 5'0
Weight: 118
Sensei: Iruka
Group Teamates: Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke
Other Info: Blind only for 6 months. (April Thru october-not blind) (october thru april-blind)
Hair color: red and black
Story: Most of his family was either killed or abandoned him when he was young. He lived on his own for 3 years until a family found him. When Umikaru was 7, his second family was murdered, and he was captured. The ninjas who captured him tried to kill him, but Umikaru was raged, and blew the place up. The building burned down. At 13, he was founded by the Hokage, and was put into a school. He loved to eat. He was very strong to. He became friends with all the teamates in his group. At 16, he continues to take the ninja trial. He passed many missions, and only failed some. He defeated many evil people also. And his life still goes on!
Narutofan1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 16:32   Link #3246
Narutofan1998

Also, Umikaru was put in the same group as Naruto and others because he was the only one left without a group and chose there's.
Narutofan1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:38   Link #3247
Akachou

^ Oh my god, can't you edit your posts?

I have a question there.
"He lived on his own for 3 years"
... how old was he at that time?

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 00:22   Link #3248
Kyubi Jinchuuriki
Zyuubikage on TONFA

Location: Right next to you.... no the other way.... NO THE OTHER WAY ........ NO!!!! THE OTHER... nevermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutofan1998 View Post
Name: Umikaru Uzimako
Known Justus:Gyubiji, Sexy No Justu, Bunshin No Justu, and Fireblood Fang.
Eyes: Red and Blue (change color)
Height: 5'0
Weight: 118
Sensei: Iruka
Group Teamates: Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke
Other Info: Blind only for 6 months. (April Thru october-not blind) (october thru april-blind)
Hair color: red and black
Story: Most of his family was either killed or abandoned him when he was young. He lived on his own for 3 years until a family found him. When Umikaru was 7, his second family was murdered, and he was captured. The ninjas who captured him tried to kill him, but Umikaru was raged, and blew the place up. The building burned down. At 13, he was founded by the Hokage, and was put into a school. He loved to eat. He was very strong to. He became friends with all the teamates in his group. At 16, he continues to take the ninja trial. He passed many missions, and only failed some. He defeated many evil people also. And his life still goes on!
kk, im not normally one to implore much improvement but i wanna help u on this thread. Im gunna be blunt and say tht this is wut people would call a noob post ( i know this from personal experience, my first few posts were nooby too). It is this due to ur character is based on too much from the show/manga. Ur character can be around the main characters, it just cant be based directly from them, plus its breaking the squad rules of 3 gennin and 1 jounnin. The characters story is a little bland to say the least. The basic info is good but could use a clothing description.
In a nutshell wut i said basically was tht u should try to have ur characters very original. Im not trying to be a discouraging critic, id like to see u participate more in this thread (and maybe my contest), but im just trying to give u positive pointers to improve ur work, much like how mine has improved (and still is, im not perfect at this at all). Many have started like this (like me) and i hope this helped and encouraged you. Hope to see you here again to improve ur posting like the rest of us.

btw how is ur character blind for 6 months? Was it a one time thing or sumthin?
Old 2010-07-11, 03:54   Link #3249
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Yeah, Kyubi Jinchuuriki pretty much hit the nail on the head. Your character really just needs more fleshing out, and a little less stepping on the toes of canon. He's also right about the noob post. Although, mine was a little weird. My first was pretty good, but the next two sucked. But, yeah.

I would also like to hear more about the six months of blindness. From just that line, it seems as if that could be an interesting addition that would individualize your character, but only if done right.

Oh, and Kyubi. Speaking of the character contest: my character is almost finished. I've just been too lazy to write her bio. I'll get around to it. . . eventually.
Old 2010-07-18, 20:42   Link #3250
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Whoo! Copied from the character of the month thread...

Kougino, Sou

Spoiler:

Man, I have a problem with making evil characters. It seems that all of my evil characters are gruesome killers. Might as well stick with what I know...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 23:33   Link #3251
Kyubi Jinchuuriki
Zyuubikage on TONFA

THE VOTING POLL IS UP!!! LET'S SEE WHO HAS THE BEST CHARACTER HERE!!!

Link: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95837
Old 2010-07-27, 07:37   Link #3252
HeavensWrath
Gamertag: Colossal92

Send a message via MSN to HeavensWrath
WOW!! I feel kinda bad not having touched this account in ages...I've missed too many pages, so I'll just say hi to everyone who knows me, hi to those who don't

@ Dan the Man: Nice character in Sou Kougino. I'm assuming his anger and frustration over his mother's death and him not speaking about it manifested itself in a monstrous second personality - like a bad case of schizophrenia.

In answer to how to make good bad guys, just remember: very few people in the world are intrinsically evil. Like my (VERY OLD) character Garuga, village pressure got to him and he flipped. Maybe you could try making a character like Juggernaut from the X-men, so much devastating power and potential, but small-time dreams and lack of ambition.

Last edited by HeavensWrath; 2010-07-28 at 05:29.
HeavensWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 00:18   Link #3253
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Well, the new character creation contest is up, and here's the link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...72#post3168472
Old 2010-08-10, 11:10   Link #3254
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensWrath View Post
WOW!! I feel kinda bad not having touched this account in ages...I've missed too many pages, so I'll just say hi to everyone who knows me, hi to those who don't

@ Dan the Man: Nice character in Sou Kougino. I'm assuming his anger and frustration over his mother's death and him not speaking about it manifested itself in a monstrous second personality - like a bad case of schizophrenia.

In answer to how to make good bad guys, just remember: very few people in the world are intrinsically evil. Like my (VERY OLD) character Garuga, village pressure got to him and he flipped. Maybe you could try making a character like Juggernaut from the X-men, so much devastating power and potential, but small-time dreams and lack of ambition.
I never was too good at character development as a whole. Truth be told, I usually draw my characters first and create their backstory/personality based on what I get from the picture.
I do need to improve on my villains, though. One of these days I need to try making someone truly evil who isn't some deranged serial killer...

Anyway, here's my shot at another character. She's also in the character of the month contest thread...

Spoiler:

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 14:10   Link #3255
Eddie12345

Name: Genetic Assimilation Technique (Jenetikku Douka no Jutsu)

Type: None

Effect(s): User ‘assimilates’ or absorbs a small portion of a victims genetic code, via touch, by genetic splicing. Assimilates elements as well as Keke’Genkai.

Drawback(s): This technique can be used only once per week. Assimilated techniques will cause extreme exhaustion and minor damage to the user’s body after each use. Assimilated techniques will not have the same clarity or power of the original and therefore must be trained from the level of a beginner (Ex: If I were to assimilate Hinata’s Byakugan I wouldn’t be able to see with her clarity and I would still have the blind spot to deal with).

History: Developed after discovering several documents, instructional scrolls and notes deep within Orochimaru’s Abandoned Laboratory hidden somewhere within the village of Konoha.

Name: Genetic Clone Technique (Jenetikku Kuro-n no Jutsu)

Effect(s): Uses a small portion of the user’s cells to create a clone. Clones and the original user share one mind thusly allowing positive knowledge and experiences to be shared immediately (as opposed to a Shadow Clone needing to disappear first). All negative experiences (such as injuries) will be taken by only the targeted clone or user and NOT shared with the others. Genetic Clones will not disappear until absorbed by the original user, even after being killed.

Drawback(s): Chakra remains pooled for all to use (as opposed to splitting chakra each time a clone is created) causing chakra to be expended quickly.

History: Developed after discovering several documents, instructional scrolls and notes deep within Orochimaru’s Abandoned Laboratory hidden somewhere within the village of Konoha.
Eddie12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 14:56   Link #3256
Eddie12345

Name: Genetic Assimilation Technique (Jenetikku Douka no Jutsu)

Effect(s): User ‘assimilates’ or absorbs a small portion of a victims genetic code, via touch, by genetic splicing. Assimilates elements as well as Keke’Genkai.

Drawback(s): This technique can be used only once per week. Assimilated techniques will cause extreme exhaustion and minor damage to the user’s body after each use. Assimilated techniques will not have the same clarity or power of the original and therefore must be trained from the level of a beginner (Ex: If I were to assimilate Hinata’s Byakugan I wouldn’t be able to see with her clarity and I would still have the blind spot to deal with).

.................................................. .........................................
Name: Genetic Clone Technique (Jenetikku Kuro-n no Jutsu)

Effect(s): Uses a small portion of the user’s cells to create a clone. Clones and the original user share one mind thusly allowing positive knowledge and experiences to be shared immediately (as opposed to a Shadow Clone needing to disappear first). All negative experiences (such as injuries) will be taken by only the targeted clone or user and NOT shared with the others. Genetic Clones will not disappear until absorbed by the original user, even after being killed.

Drawback(s): Chakra remains pooled for all to use (as opposed to splitting chakra each time a clone is created) causing chakra to be expended quickly.

.................................................. ............
Name: Body Crush Tenchnique (Hada Kujiku No Jutsu)

Type: Keke'Genkai

Element: None

Effect(s): The user triggers electrical pulses in the brain of a single enemy causing the victims body to move against their will. This technique is most often used to crush individual body parts (arms, legs, fingers, toes, etc) for torture, interogation and even death.

Drawback(s): This jutsu requires the upmost concentration and eye contact with the enemy and cannot be performed without it. The more this jutsu is used in a single battle the more exhausted and disoriented the user will become.

History: Keke'Genkai of the legendary Ulrich Clan...

................................................this ones kinda inapropriate so i wont go into great detail here...

Name: Loli-No-Jutsu
(if you dont know what Loli is then you probably dont want to...)
Eddie12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:49   Link #3257
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

The voting thread for this month's contest is up. If you like Naruto, please come and vote:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96578
Old 2010-08-26, 13:09   Link #3258
joshthemelee

Name: Siby No Sari
eyes: brown
hair colour: white
ninjutsu type: puppet: puppet is held in a "container" ish and inside the container there are around 15 retractible arms. The puppet doesnt have a head just the arms. The container is pretty big. User then uses the arms as if the were orchimaru's snakes.
earth style clone puppet jutsu: user makes clones of the opponet and using earth style turns them into a puppet.

family origin: sand village and refugee of hidden mist(mom is from mist and dad from sand

blood line trait: blood puppet jutsu: using water style the oppents blood is controlled at a short distance

jounen ninja

um this is my first one so please comment and tell how it was ^^
joshthemelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 18:09   Link #3259
Keikan
Kingkiller

Location: Where the lava and the waterfall are struck by the shadows
Send a message via MSN to Keikan
September contest now up and running at the following link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97086

Good luck to all contestants
I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.

My name is Kvothe. You may have heard of me.

Last edited by Keikan; 2010-09-12 at 22:56.
Keikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:49   Link #3260
NaruHay4evur

Character: Haruka Oshiro
Village: village hidden in the leaves
Kekkei Genki: None
Hobbies: Training, Anime, Manga, Drawing Sketches of Naruto-kun, Sampling different types of ramen, Stalking Naruto-kun ;3
Weapons/Supplies: Kunai, Shuriken, Paper Bombs, Katana (1), Food Pills, Smoke Bombs
Armor: Head Protector, Metal Bottomed Sandals, Gloves with metal plates protecting middle joint and back of hand
Personality Traits: Introverted, shy, independant, gentle, has a special bond with all animals, kind, caring, loves food, is as hyperactive as Naruto with people she's very close to
Physical: Long Jet Black hair (straight as a ruler), Golden Eyes, Pinkish skin, Blushes easily, kinda chubby but in a cute way =3
Jutsu:Chakra Type:Wind Specialty:Shadow Clone/Doppelganger & Katto Kaze no Jutsu (Slicing Wind Jutusu)

Character Profile: Both her parents (Yuuta Oshiro and Midori Oshiro) died while fighting the fox demon about 5 months after she was born. She has been raised by her Aunt Sachiko. Sachiko enrolled Haruka into the Ninja Academy when she was only 4yrs old and about 2 years later Sachiko died on a mission. She had never told Haruka that it was the demon fox that had killed her parents. After hearing the news the Third Hokage had set up an apartment for Haruka to live in. Now as you can imagine it's extremely difficult both physically and emotionally to be living on your own at the age of 6. But she wasnt too bad off. Sachiko had never babied her. at the age of 4 Haruka had learned how to cook and clean for herself. By the time Sachiko had passed away she had aquired all the skills that she needed to live on her own. And Haruka was very shy ( even with Sachiko) so she was used to solitude. Haruka only had 1 good friend at the NA. Her name is Naomi Kobayashi. Haruka and Naomi were (and still are ;3) so close that many thought them to be sisters although they looked nothing alike. One day when Haruka was 9yrs old she met a strange boy named Naruto Uzumaki. What struck her as odd was that he was all alone on the swing without a single person even glancing in his direction. Then she saw 2 girls from her class glaring at him, and whispering to eachother. When she asked Iruka-sensei about Naruto and why the girls were so hostile towards him Iruka-sensei told her about the fox demon. The next day Haruka watched Naruto again. She noticed that he seemed sad. She had wanted to talk to him but she was to shy. When squads were assigned she wished with all her heart that Naruto, Naomi, and herself would all be in the same squad but was heartbroken when Naruto was assigned to squad 7 along with Saukura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha. She had realized at that moment that she was deeply in love with Naruto. She loved (and still loves ;3) everything about him from his deep blue eyes that had hid a darkness for so long, to the fact that no ninja should ever be wearing fluorescent orange but that he can make it work so easily. And she knew at that moment that her love would never falter.

P.S. Can you guess who Haruka is supposed to be? ;3

Last edited by NaruHay4evur; 2010-09-10 at 17:54.
NaruHay4evur is offline   Reply With Quote