Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-25, 18:25   Link #1
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Question Anime pics search engine?

I'm looking for pics from current series (like My Hime, Kannazuki no Miko, Da Capo...), but the Pic search from Altavista or Google is no use there
I think a Japanese Pic search engine would get better results there, but I don't know any... possibly there's even a specialized one for anime?
Perhaps kj1980 can help out here?
Old 2004-11-25, 19:15   Link #2
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Have you tried http://images.google.co.jp It's the Japanese version of the same image search on google...you'll probably get a load more hits from using it.
Old 2004-11-25, 21:21   Link #3
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Have you tried http://images.google.co.jp It's the Japanese version of the same image search on google...you'll probably get a load more hits from using it.
Nope, this is no bit better.
Old 2004-11-25, 22:04   Link #4
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.tinami.com/
Old 2004-11-25, 22:13   Link #5
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
"Navigator of Manga Artists"
Well, not quite what I looked for, but perhaps I can still use this... I think I need to find out which mangaka drew the manga for the according series and then input his name in the search box, right?
Old 2004-11-26, 01:26   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Many Japanese are conservative themselves in which they respect copyrighted materials within their own country. Hence, that is why you rarely see sites with anime pictures on the Japanese websites in comparison to English language sites.

On the other hand, our doujin culture is quite vast, so you will more likely get HPs with doujin art of a particular anime/manga/game series since they confide to the "secondary pictures are okay" rule.
Old 2004-11-26, 20:01   Link #7
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Many Japanese are conservative themselves in which they respect copyrighted materials within their own country. Hence, that is why you rarely see sites with anime pictures on the Japanese websites in comparison to English language sites.

On the other hand, our doujin culture is quite vast, so you will more likely get HPs with doujin art of a particular anime/manga/game series since they confide to the "secondary pictures are okay" rule.
Sounds odd
Why not allow sites with anime pics which only would make the series more popular?

Anyway, I scrolled down to the very bottom of the page and found that there's also a directory which you can look at by series or character (similar to Yahoo). Why don't they put that at the top? Don't they want anyone to find it?
Old 2004-11-26, 23:58   Link #8
Hera

Yea, that's right. Japanese Google is just the same.
Old 2004-12-05, 13:00   Link #9
Talisian
Obsessive

Send a message via MSN to Talisian
I know, I'm hitting the same problem, I'm trying to find a very specific picture of Syaoran in tsubasa and I can't find it! Only one website has it and I can't access it. Another site has it, but I can't access it either!
Old 2004-12-06, 04:49   Link #10
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

These sites are not necessarily search engines, but they are good for me since they have lots of nice images and scans... Minitokyo and Project Zen are good sites to look for images (or wallpapers)... though you need to be of certain level ranks or have a certain post count to download the nice scans....