Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-16, 19:27   Link #81
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Well first off, I think it goes without question that he'll get a huge bounty raise (I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-300 million would be about right).
Are you serious?

I was thinking maybe 100 million. Luffy got 300 after breaking into a Government stronghold (equivilent to what Buggy did at Impel down) and defeating a Shichibukai, as well as his antics in the East Blue and being the son of Dragon.

I dont' think Buggy will get such a huge raise.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:53   Link #82
marvelB

^Again, note that the marines singled out Buggy as Luffy's accomplice, and pointed out that he was a former member of Roger's crew. Now, let's put the fact that he's a weak, boastful idiot aside for a second here, because that doesn't change the fact that he has a connection to one of the world's most dangerous criminals. When you consider the insane measures the government took to eliminate people who were connected to Roger in some way (Tom, Rouge, and of course Ace), do you really think Buggy will be treated differently? Plus, when you add in the fact that he's assisting a pirate who also happens to be the offspring of a global-scale criminal...... well, the marines sure as hell aren't gonna write him off as some petty thug, that's for sure.

tl;dr: Buggy/Roger + Luffy/Dragon = Huge shitstorm in the government's POV.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:59   Link #83
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Sooner or later people around Buggy will realize how strong he really is, unless they are dummies for eternity. So, if those guys leave him, he needs to join others to reach his goal, it is not like he can do what he wants alone. And uniting with his crew at this point may not do much good for his sake. But, considering the funny figure he is, sailing in the seas as a almost-yonkou, and people getting scared of him so wouldn't want to fight with him, hey may really establish his status for good. Still, I expect his miraculous run to the top breaks at some point.
Old 2010-02-16, 20:13   Link #84
marvelB

Oh, and there's something else I forgot to mention: Not only did Buggy bust those prisoners out of jail, but he even had the cajones to brag about it on national TV! If that's not tantamount to sticking up a big middle finger to the government, then I dunno what is.
Old 2010-02-16, 22:55   Link #85
striderm
Adusa #1

Looks like we won't be getting spoiler pictures too often. Shuueisha started catching on and they're ready to send out some Cease & Desists.
Old 2010-02-16, 23:10   Link #86
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

I think what buggy mean for the Marine or WG would be like the legendary captain Jack Sparrow to the East India Trading Company...

Well I like the idea for buggy to reunite with his old crew (but I like to see alvida still in the crew...) and the other 200 prisoner could be split up into some smaler group of pirate under the buggy pirate joly roger... just like the new world pirate under the name of WB. yeah that would be make him in the 'likely' Yonkyou Level....
Old 2010-02-17, 01:57   Link #87
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Great decision by Oda to have Whitebeard (The Strongest Man in the World) topple the ruthless Akainu. Akainu only deserved to be taken out by someone of top-tier caliber. Defeating the admiral with two attacks certainly cements his status in the One Piece universe.

Like everyone suspected, Blackbeard recruiting those 3 prisoners from Impel Down is no surprise. I have been adamant in my claim that Blackbeard would show up at this war, and this came true after all. Next, like I have been predicting all along, Blackbeard is going to kill Whitebeard and take his place as an emperor of the New World. I'd say this is something that would "shake the entire world", as Blackbeard put it .
Old 2010-02-17, 02:54   Link #88
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'd say this is something that would "shake the entire world", as Blackbeard put it .
Actually, I don't see why this would actually "shake the world" (yet...a wait and see attitude is always required, and I certainly can't wait to see just what Blackbeard does ). The 3 criminals certainly add some experience and name recognition to Blackbeard's crew, but until we find out more about them, they are not really "world shaking" (the situation is comparable to Luffy, who had three Level 6 allies (Ivankov, Crocodile and Jinbei) in this war). And, while the last person to stab Julius Caesar is certainly the most remembered, it was really the first person to stab him that killed the emperor; in other words, Blackbeard killing a half-dead man doesn't exactly scream amazing or world shaking.

(At least with the super weapon theory, there was a concrete reason for the world to be so "shake[n]"...)

That's not to say it isn't nice to see my old drinking buddy Edward Teach (though I still think it was a little pointless for him to arrive at the battle (for reasons I have mentioned before and do not feel like dragging up again)), him being there (even with new crew mates) and killing the half dead Whitebeard just doesn't seem that earth shattering...it's certainly fun, just a little too predictable (unlike Akainu potentially killing Ace, now that was fun and exciting and really interesting).
Old 2010-02-17, 03:07   Link #89
striderm
Adusa #1

I think BB is there just to take witness to the end of what he started. I'm thinking he actually won't fight at all here. Also this is just an oppurtunity for readers to see his new updated crew.
Old 2010-02-17, 03:45   Link #90
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I think BB is there just to take witness to the end of what he started. I'm thinking he actually won't fight at all here.
I'm pretty sure he's aiming to kill anyone and everyone who have their eyes on the seat of PK, he had told Ace that he wanted to kill Luffy and he brought Ace to his doom , so it wouldn't be surprising if he killed WB too.
On the other hand, BB has an aura of joker around him, his actions only bringing chaos and all...I'm very interested to see what Shanks would do if he did kill WB though, mainly because I haven't formed an image of Shanks as a pirate yet.
Quote:
I was thinking maybe 100 million.
Bust out of impregnable prison of hell: 20 points
Being recognized as a member of a leet crew: 10 points
Buggy is kinda like Usopp, and I don't mean just that their expertise is comic relief. They both fight using their brains, so they have the potential to win a fight against pretty much anyone (always playing dirty), so their reputation can rise fast. I can't say what kind of bounty he's getting, but he's definitely getting one.
Old 2010-02-17, 04:03   Link #91
marvelB

Well, there's a single pic out that shows Blackbeard with his new recruits. Basco Shot looks freaking AWESOME (hell yeah, big fat drunk dude!). I'm also loving Catarina's design, as well. And yeah, I do see a guy in the group who has a bit of a resemblence to Oars (similar facial features), as well as one huge dude standing way in the background (you can make out his teeth. I'm quite certain that he's San Juan Wolf). Oh man, this is some awesome stuff......

Oh, and it looks like all 4 new members are Impel Down escapees, after all. I guess the dude who looks like Oars is the only one whose name we don't know, yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Um, I don't think there is something like 'national TV' in the OP universe. The only monitor we've seen was in Shabaody, and considering, that we've never seen anything like TV until Impel Down I'd say, that this was some kind of prototype.
And seeing the horrible results, the WG probably won't introduce TV regularly.

Even if it's not "national" TV, it still doesn't change the fact that Buggy was bragging about his exploits on TV, period. No way in hell the government's going to take that lightly.....
Old 2010-02-17, 04:11   Link #92
striderm
Adusa #1

Would be cool if San Juan could transform into a living ship. His pirate name seems to support that idea.
Old 2010-02-17, 04:20   Link #93
marvelB

....Aaaaand next we've got a pic of Akainu getting pwned by Whitebeard, which should make plenty of people happy. By the way, no pic of Whitebeard's face getting fried showed up yet, but his facial injury is shown in the blackbeard pic. He does seem to be quite messed up......
Old 2010-02-17, 05:47   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another pic out, Whitebeard's power level has dropped by half now that half of his mustache is gone. First Ace, now the epic mustache, Oda is so cruel

That's one funky crew blackbeard has got there, they fit so well together. And the pic of Akainu does make me very happy
Old 2010-02-17, 06:17   Link #95
SMASHERJACKSON

interesting to see the unknown guy has a wb mustache but upside down.

hopefully more bout rogers era wil be revealed as a rsult of these 4 being released.

new pic showing wolf, hes massiv - makes oars look like normal human being sized.

holy crap op is going seinin with the grusomeness of akainus attack, wb rly has only half a head left

wont b suprised if he joins bb next either D:

but more importantly, how will akainu suffer wen karma bites his ass?

WB is a friggin monster.

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2010-02-17 at 06:40.
Old 2010-02-17, 06:47   Link #96
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I wonder if there's any bad blood between Shiryuu and the other new crewmates. After all, he used to be one of their jailers. Hope to see more of them soon, and find out what their characters are like and how they'll affect the dynamics of the BB Crew v2.
Old 2010-02-17, 07:38   Link #97
andy

Just saw the pics , holy shit at everything . BB crew is huge in size.
WB kicking akainu ass but lost half his face , luffy look like he still out cold.
Old 2010-02-17, 07:47   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Holy hell, WhiteBeard really is missing part of his face , I thought it would just be burned... and he'still kicking ass even with all those injuries, as expected from the strongest man in the world. I hope he'll give Teach a run for his money before dying.

That new guy being Oz size sounds about right.
Old 2010-02-17, 08:12   Link #99
game2007

The anime is probably going to tone down the "half-face" somehow.
Old 2010-02-17, 08:12   Link #100
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Holy hell, WhiteBeard really is missing part of his face , I thought it would just be burned... and he'still kicking ass even with all those injuries, as expected from the strongest man in the world. I hope he'll give Teach a run for his money before dying.

That new guy being Oz size sounds about right.
that new guys face is around the size of Oz.
Closed Thread