AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 12.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 39.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 30.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-25, 10:34   Link #61
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
The two things S1 Ginoza had are nuance--he wasn't a hard-ass all the time--an exploration of why he was such a jerk. He was a person, with virtues and flaws, and he wasn't entirely unreasonable. His backstory made him sympathetic. If the show provided instances of Mika doing something besides trumpeting the importance of The Rules, and showed why she has so much faith in them, than she could do the same things she's doing now and not be nearly as annoying.
Exactly. Gino was a well-written stickler, who still came off as a human being in spite of his disagreeable role in the story. Mika, however, is compeltely devoid of any nuance or subtlety. Pretty much every single thing she says is to remind the audience of how much she antagonizes Akane and her ways. Her character is way too heavy-handed and one-dimensional, and I really hope she grows out of her schtick sooner rather than later, because she's really bringing this second season down for me.
Old 2014-10-25, 13:21   Link #62
Jagger

Gino x Division 2 lady. I ship it. Assuming she lives :X
Old 2014-10-25, 14:58   Link #63
revive4563

Thanks, Ryona-buchi. I hate this episode.

Why is Sibil system so opportunism?
After all, Sibil is a handy generator to make a plot of the story.
Now, I want to watch GITS SAC so bad.
Old 2014-10-25, 18:07   Link #64
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Good episode overall, though. Not liking how inspectors seem completely incapable of doing anything without the dominator though. I know that's kind of the point, but it is a huge chunk of metal. It can at least function as a bat to protect themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
My suggestion to whack people with dominators is becoming a better solution episode by episode.
...Or they use those really nifty Stun-Rods that were in S1 which plot has conveniently forgotten about now. But then again perhaps Sibyl doesn't care that much about the lives of it's employees.
Old 2014-10-25, 18:54   Link #65
GDB

I always assumed the stun-rods were things they had to explicitly take with them, and not part of their standard gear. Like the grenades.
Old 2014-10-25, 19:02   Link #66
Iron Maw
Banned

Yes they aren't for whatever strange reason, but given the peculiar nature of current cases you think they would be allowed. If just for the safety of personal. The situation with Risa wouldn't be as bad at least.
Old 2014-10-25, 19:23   Link #67
HandofFate

the robotic dog would have took her down just as hard and placed her in that position if she had a stunrod or not.
Old 2014-10-25, 20:05   Link #68
Iron Maw
Banned

That doesn't matter. There needs a be something for them use incase of an emergency even of won't always work like any similar real world profession. This is one of the most dangerous job they have and you can't predict what will happen as it's been bluntly shown multiple times now.
Old 2014-10-26, 04:38   Link #69
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-10-26, 10:04   Link #70
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That doesn't matter. There needs a be something for them use incase of an emergency even of won't always work like any similar real world profession. This is one of the most dangerous job they have and you can't predict what will happen as it's been bluntly shown multiple times now.
I think the reasoning is that having a backup weapon in case the Dominator doesn't work would be tantamount to admitting that the Sibyl System doesn't always make accurate judgments. The brains don't want that because doubt in the System is the same thing as doubt in their personal authority. I suspect that Kasei has dismissed the helmets as a one-off incident that can't be repeated thanks to the countermeasures. Regardless of how any inspector or enforcers feel, Kasei's word is final.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-10-26, 12:32   Link #71
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Those of us who recognize her from the Oso Academy Arc (or were clued in by blog posts or forum posts, like me) can infer that Mika is so hard on latent criminals because of Rikako, but the show itself hasn't cast any of Mika's thoughts or actions as though they're a result of Rikako and her crimes. I would assume that the Oso Academy murders and Ginoza will both play major parts in Mika's character arc (because it makes too much sense to not go that route, in my mind).
Oh God I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. She's that same girl who's friend disappeared and Yayoi was the one that comforted her.
Old 2014-10-26, 13:48   Link #72
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Exactly. Gino was a well-written stickler, who still came off as a human being in spite of his disagreeable role in the story. Mika, however, is compeltely devoid of any nuance or subtlety. Pretty much every single thing she says is to remind the audience of how much she antagonizes Akane and her ways. Her character is way too heavy-handed and one-dimensional, and I really hope she grows out of her schtick sooner rather than later, because she's really bringing this second season down for me.
In my mind, Mika is simply trying too hard to stick to the system to keep her hue (and others) clear and she think that what Akane is doing is going to get her in trouble. She's going to end this season has an enforcer or manipulated by Sybil like an idiot at some point.

The most interesting part of this episode is that everyone was sure that Akane's hue should get worst, but it's not...except for Mister-Who-Topped-The-CC-Chart.
Old 2014-10-28, 03:39   Link #73
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I actually understand Mika's behavior perfectly. Today's episode proves it. She was about to vomit after only seeing the face of a guy with a reputation of making people's hues go bad.

She is absolutely terrified of her hue going bad. She projects this fear onto the people around her, which manifests as her disdain for Enforcers (whose hue has already gone bad) and people who think outside the box (whose actions might cause their hue to go bad).

Some people might think it's annoying, but being consistent does not make a character shallow.

I don't know if other people realised yet, but it seems the focus of this season is a critical flaw in people's thinking.

All of the guys who've been in contact with this "Kamui" fellow have one thing in common: They appear to think that having a clear hue simply means having the system take the correct measurement, which totally goes against he point of the psycho-pass. They completely ignore their actual mental health as they desperately look for an alternate means to get a clear hue. It's as if their mental health is irrelevant as long as they don't become a target for enforcement.
Old 2014-10-28, 09:47   Link #74
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Some people might think it's annoying, but being consistent does not make a character shallow.
While true, if that's all she has as a character then she is indeed shallow. And so far, it's just that and her infatuation with Yayoi, so she's shallow. Doesn't mean she can't be fixed, though. They just need to, you know, give her some more characterization.

Quote:
All of the guys who've been in contact with this "Kamui" fellow have one thing in common: They appear to think that having a clear hue simply means having the system take the correct measurement, which totally goes against he point of the psycho-pass. They completely ignore their actual mental health as they desperately look for an alternate means to get a clear hue. It's as if their mental health is irrelevant as long as they don't become a target for enforcement.
I like this synopsis.
Old 2014-10-28, 10:04   Link #75
J the Drafter

Quote:
I actually understand Mika's behavior perfectly.
The problem isn't that Mika is too hard to understand. The problem is that she lays it on too thick. Almost every scene she's gotten has shown her reacting negatively to latent criminals. Contrast Ginoza, who had relatively few scenes actually showing him being disdainful of Enforcers. In the majority of his interactions with them, he was simply focused on the task at hand.

It doesn't help that the show hasn't yet deigned to explicitly show Mika's motivations, leaving us stuck with a character who merely acts unpleasantly.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2014-10-28, 10:18   Link #76
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I don't know if other people realised yet, but it seems the focus of this season is a critical flaw in people's thinking.

That's more an inherent problem of the system than a flaw in people's thinking. Syvil reads hue (whatever that means), and if it's clean, you're clean. The system doesn't really care about your mental health.
Old 2014-10-28, 11:58   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's more an inherent problem of the system than a flaw in people's thinking. Syvil reads hue (whatever that means), and if it's clean, you're clean. The system doesn't really care about your mental health.
Oh heeere we go. It's not a person's fault, it's "the system's" fault. *facepalms*

Well okay I'll humor you for half a second.

Whether or not the system "cares" or not isn't even the issue. If your hue is unclear, it means there is something wrong (please don't tell me there is nothing wrong with a mad bomber). If there's something wrong, something should be done about the problem. However, instead of fixing the problem, they attempt to hide the problem.
Old 2014-10-28, 12:12   Link #78
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Oh heeere we go. It's not a person's fault, it's "the system's" fault.
I didn't say that. Both bear responsibility, but in a world where even your job is decided by the system, the system bears greater responsibility than the individual.

Quote:
If your hue is unclear, it means there is something wrong (please don't tell me there is nothing wrong with a mad bomber). If there's something wrong, something should be done about the problem. However, instead of fixing the problem, they attempt to hide the problem.
Yeah, but what is the problem? The system is only interested in pointing fingers. It doesn't tell you exactly what is the problem, let alone how to fix it. For all they know just keeping your hue clear solves the problem just fine.
Old 2014-10-28, 13:15   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

A cloudy hue is a sign that a person needs help and getting that help is their own responsibility, rather than becoming a terrorist and then blaming the system for it.
Old 2014-10-28, 13:51   Link #80
Kazu-kun

You're missing the point.