AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-10, 06:28   Link #81
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

At first I saw no difference but when Rudeus had those flashbacks of season 1, I understood the complaints about production values. Surprisingly, Rudeus' episode had less h#rny content than episode 0 and instead an attempt to focus on his depth which is quite strange for an isekai after so many series. They didn't make him look like a god but instead like a guy who fell into depression.
Old 2023-07-10, 07:02   Link #82
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
They were a party, even if Rudeus was a new recruit. Pulling their own weight and contributing to the success and the survival of the party is essential. Yet Rudeus just stood there when they got surrounded and didn't shoot magic or do anything. One of them could have died coz of him not doing anything. Of course no one would die(yet) but what if someone did. Especially because of a newbie not pulling his weight or shooting a fireball that he could have possibly shot rather than get the party injured.
Not even one word saying he could have done it earlier or at least stop being a dead weight in a life and death situation or saying he shouldn't be outside with that mindset. He gets away scot-free from that. They were too easy on the newbie even if he was depressed and it could have costed their lives. A total stranger not doing anything until the end could have killed them but sure, since he wiped all the enemies he's okay now in their books. They should be wary of his behavior as a party member from here on but of course he'll be the best member from now on. When his depression could have killed them. He recovered from that now so yeah, he'll be fine with them. The consequences of this is not gonna be important at all coz Rudeus is awesome.
Everybody would be dead without him, so of course they are not going to turn on him and berate him. They fucked up just fine without him in pulling with the wrong tactic and not scouting ahead sufficiently for possible additional adds. As an experienced party, they are completely at fault at the situation they got themselves into and therefore are properly happy at not being bear chow due to their own incompentence, instead of being gigantic ingrates towards the one person who pulled their behinds out of the literal bears mouth, like you would have been one, apparently. Which, of course, would make that person more likely to just let you die the next time you got yourself in a no-win situation out of your own incompetence.

Also, you are drawing future conclusions from your own prejudices.
Old 2023-07-10, 08:43   Link #83
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
They were a party, even if Rudeus was a new recruit. Pulling their own weight and contributing to the success and the survival of the party is essential. Yet Rudeus just stood there when they got surrounded and didn't shoot magic or do anything. One of them could have died coz of him not doing anything. Of course no one would die(yet) but what if someone did. Especially because of a newbie not pulling his weight or shooting a fireball that he could have possibly shot rather than get the party injured.
Not even one word saying he could have done it earlier or at least stop being a dead weight in a life and death situation or saying he shouldn't be outside with that mindset. He gets away scot-free from that. They were too easy on the newbie even if he was depressed and it could have costed their lives. A total stranger not doing anything until the end could have killed them but sure, since he wiped all the enemies he's okay now in their books. They should be wary of his behavior as a party member from here on but of course he'll be the best member from now on. When his depression could have killed them. He recovered from that now so yeah, he'll be fine with them. The consequences of this is not gonna be important at all coz Rudeus is awesome.
suzanne recruited rudeus knowing the risk of his depression and even without knowing his skills. The blame goes on her and the party for recruit him and even he told them he wanted to go alone so if he doesn't do anything then they took the risk knowing that it could happen.

why would they be harsh to a guy they recruited knowing he wanted to die, with depression and without knowing his skills?, suzanne only wanted to help him because she is a good woman. In the end they were lucky rudeus was there since if they go without him they would've been killed.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 09:22   Link #84
magnuskn

Also, he did exactly what he was asked to do at the start, i.e. construct obstrucing terrain with his quagmire spell.
Old 2023-07-10, 11:42   Link #85
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
suzanne recruited rudeus knowing the risk of his depression and even without knowing his skills. The blame goes on her and the party for recruit him and even he told them he wanted to go alone so if he doesn't do anything then they took the risk knowing that it could happen.

why would they be harsh to a guy they recruited knowing he wanted to die, with depression and without knowing his skills?, suzanne only wanted to help him because she is a good woman. In the end they were lucky rudeus was there since if they go without him they would've been killed.
Exactly this. Suzanne obviously knew and understood his mental state; she said so to him when he was disbanding the party. You don't take a person like that on and expect them to be perfect and immediately in mesh with your party. He was basically her pet project, a person she just wanted to help.

If she actually was trusting her back to a person in that state, then she's an idiot and it certainly wasn't written so as to give me that impression of her.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 17:27   Link #86
HandofFate

i like how even if adventurers are a rough bunch, at least they're sensible.
they were first making fun of Rudeus when he arrived, but then mistunderstood his whole party probably got wiped and felt pity.

they were also bitter about the new party, since its more competition, but the party leader is smart in sharing their success and being welcomed into the community.
Old 2023-07-10, 18:19   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Exactly this. Suzanne obviously knew and understood his mental state; she said so to him when he was disbanding the party. You don't take a person like that on and expect them to be perfect and immediately in mesh with your party. He was basically her pet project, a person she just wanted to help.

If she actually was trusting her back to a person in that state, then she's an idiot and it certainly wasn't written so as to give me that impression of her.
Rudeus even complained they basically gave him nothing to do. Suzanne wasn't counting on him to meaningfully contribute, she was trying to help him snap out of his funk.

I do get what belatkuro is saying when he says they could have chewed him out afterward for not doing anything earlier even though he had such amazing magic. But the truth is they have nothing to complain about. They took in Rudeus fully knowing he had issues and he ended up saving their lives. They weren't even injured (at least nothing a healing spell can't fix). What kind of ungrateful asshole would criticize the guy who saved his entire team from certain death?
Old 2023-07-10, 18:29   Link #88
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rudeus even complained they basically gave him nothing to do. Suzanne wasn't counting on him to meaningfully contribute, she was trying to help him snap out of his funk.
Rudeus seemed to catch on pretty quickly that they were also trying to teach Sara to be less rude to newcomers, be more inclusive of the same, and learn how to act like a team player with difficult people (Rudy).

Suzanne was trying to get him to open up a bit as well, but her and Timothy's main goal was a little professional development for their mid-range ace.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 21:26   Link #89
scififan

Even Mushoku Tensei special episode is the flashback, it has abundant information. Eris' hunt for goblin ends up involving political infighting. Cliff is from the pope faction, but he ends up joining Eris to saving lives of the divine child and Rudeus' aunt. Cliff makes the love confession to Eris, and got rejected. He feels depressed. He falls into same depression at same time as Rudeus. He ignores the news that his teacher got beaten, who is part of assassins of the divine child.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-11, 08:59   Link #90
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The new ending theme is performed by a new singer right? I think the song is titled Clover but can't find the artist.
Old 2023-07-12, 08:13   Link #91
alex_drian

How much do you think this arc is gonna last in anime format? I'm not very fond of depression arcs in general and I don't really care for these shitters. I don't really have problems with next arc.

Popular opinion is that this and next arc are the ones that separe Mushoku fans from the normies. If I can't bear with these arcs I don't have the right the enjoy the turning points later.

Last edited by alex_drian; 2023-07-12 at 22:54.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-12, 09:01   Link #92
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
How much do you think this arc is gonna last in anime format? I'm not very fond of depression arcs in general and I don't really care for these shitters.
Me neither, hopefully not too terribly long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
If I can't bear with these arcs I don't have the right the enjoy the turning points later.
Ehhh.. I don't buy into that kind of "enjoyment gatekeeping". Not every part of a show is going to appeal to every person. Find the enjoyment you can, and screw anyone who claims you can't be a real fan because of X reason.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 10:59   Link #93
Frontier

Rudeus is keeping himself busy in town! Working out, naming his muscles, praying to his holy panties, and helping out in the guild and in town so people will acknowledge the "Quagmire" and maybe lead him to Zenith. He's also caught Sara's eye as well, and he just can't help but hang out with Counter Arrow .

So obviously Rudy was trying to save Sara before she fell, but was him copping a feel an accident or Rudy being Rudy? I guess it could go either way, he definitely seemed to treat it more casually and naturally than younger Rudy would have .

I wonder if that Kishirika statute is what she looked like in a past life? Was she always a cartoony demon loli ?

Nice to have a party who is willing to go back for you and won't abandon you! And Timothy's pleasant and non-threatening demeanor is great for diffusing tension .

Kosuke Toriumi as Sol! I was like Rudy in thinking he looked like a younger, sleazier, version of Paul and while he's not an out-and-out bad guy he's got a mouth and an attitude problem, especially when he's drunk. And he calls out Rudy for his lack of sincerity or how artificial he comes off sometimes, which hits Rudy where it hurts .

Why is Rudy going out of his way to find and save Sara? Is it for his own self-gratification because his opinion of himself is so low? Because he was becoming closer to Sara? Because he doesn't want to abandon someone like Eris abandoned him? Probably all of the above .

Poor Mimir...killed off off-screen. At least Rudy found his body .

Glad Rudy was able to save Sara though! And the pair of them got to see each other underdressed afterwards, and I feel like I see some romantic tension brewing, especially on Sara's side. The way she reached for Rudy's arm and then clutched his cloak while wearing it...seems like she might be falling for him. For Rudy's part, just having her genuinely smile and thank him for saving her was what he desperately needed to feel like living again and to keep going. Good job Rudy !
Old 2023-07-16, 12:15   Link #94
GDB

And with that, we've almost caught up to the manga version of this section of the story (it was split off as its own thing). While it wasn't as "exciting", I did like that this version didn't have Rudeus act super OP and beat the massively powerful Treant by himself. Felt like it was way too early in the story for him to accomplish that in the manga.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 13:03   Link #95
magnuskn

I guess we'll be done with this arc after the next episode. Solid episode overall.
Old 2023-07-16, 18:03   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rudeus was doing better but he definitely hadn't snapped out of his depression, which was pretty weird given how the previous episode ended but is actually realistic. Depression doesn't get cured overnight, you steadily get better. I think the scene where he was going to let himself get killed was too much though, he should have at least moved on from suicidal thoughts after remembering how much he has to live for last week. Then again, it seems there's been a rather significant timeskip since last week so I won't say it doesn't make sense.

The clerk at the guild totally saw him clutching Roxy's panties, didn't she? They were both frozen for a few seconds and it seems she decided to just not ask and ignore it. A sensible decision, I'd say.
Old 2023-07-16, 19:45   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rudeus was doing better but he definitely hadn't snapped out of his depression, which was pretty weird given how the previous episode ended but is actually realistic. Depression doesn't get cured overnight, you steadily get better. I think the scene where he was going to let himself get killed was too much though, he should have at least moved on from suicidal thoughts after remembering how much he has to live for last week. Then again, it seems there's been a rather significant timeskip since last week so I won't say it doesn't make sense.

The clerk at the guild totally saw him clutching Roxy's panties, didn't she? They were both frozen for a few seconds and it seems she decided to just not ask and ignore it. A sensible decision, I'd say.
I want to see Sara find out about the panties .
Old 2023-07-16, 22:02   Link #98
grecefar

nice chapter, rudeus is moving on little by little. Roxy panties will be a new religion.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 22:37   Link #99
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Roxy panties will be a new religion.
I'm guessing she's unintentionally winning the Rudybowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
While it wasn't as "exciting", I did like that this version didn't have Rudeus act super OP and beat the massively powerful Treant by himself. Felt like it was way too early in the story for him to accomplish that in the manga.
How exactly would you know how powerful a treant is in this world to say that Rudy should have no chance against it? Or are you assuming using knowledge from other stories as a basis?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 23:47   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm guessing she's unintentionally winning the Rudybowl?
I'm hoping this dynamic with Sara goes somewhere myself...

Tags
fantasy, isekai