AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-10, 23:49   Link #21
Voduar

Sigh, even watching it, Shunsui's power seem completely retarded and out of place. I find it greatly saddening that one of the cooler captain's seems to have a mind numbingly stupid shikai/bankai. This brings up the quality of Tousen's sad, sad bankai in comparison. Also, losing the coolest Espada to a bunch of kids game does not sit well, either. Can't blame the animation team, though, they seem to have made the best out of this massive crap sandwich KT handed to them.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:07   Link #22
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voduar View Post
Sigh, even watching it, Shunsui's power seem completely retarded and out of place. I find it greatly saddening that one of the cooler captain's seems to have a mind numbingly stupid shikai/bankai.
It was just his shikai. And for a shikai, it's not half bad. Turning kids games into a multitude of deadly attacks and being able to switch between them so frequently makes Shunsui's shikai rather unpredictable and dangerous. I kinda like it.

Quote:
This brings up the quality of Tousen's sad, sad bankai in comparison.
Tousen's bankai was awesome. He'd be almost unbeatable if he'd just use it as efficiently as he did in TBtP.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:08   Link #23
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
i like Shunsui's power they are refreshing and the fact that his sword doesn't make an exception to the rules of the game for its owner is quite interesting, it goes well with his personnality too. cant wait to see his bankai
Old 2010-08-11, 00:15   Link #24
Voduar

Perhaps I need to be a bit more specific:My objection is that Shunsui's shikai simply does not fit the feel of Bleach in general or him in specific. While I would never accuse Bleach of realism, this violates even the pseudo realism the series usually uses. Also, it is simply silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Tousen's bankai was awesome. He'd be almost unbeatable if he'd just use it as efficiently as he did in TBtP.
In this case, might I point out that a number of displayed bankai's would simply shred him to pieces. Any of the captains with a ranger bankai (Byakuya/Gin come to mind) could simply leave its range, and then frag Tousen.

That said, to each their own.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:50   Link #25
sayde

Quote:
In this case, might I point out that a number of displayed bankai's would simply shred him to pieces. Any of the captains with a ranger bankai (Byakuya/Gin come to mind) could simply leave its range, and then frag Tousen.

That said, to each their own.
^^
1.) Careful with the spoilers
2.) The senses it impairs have got to make it difficult to escape it. And on top of that, we don't even know if it's possible to simply walk from out of the dome his bankai creates.
3.) There's very few ranged attacks in this series that would prove effective. In Byakuya's case, his bankai would be useless from both inside and outside the dome for the sole fact that you can't see anything within it. So he wouldn't know where to direct those flower petals of his. The only Bankai we've seen that might stand a chance is Soifon's. And that's assuming she fires it from outside the dome and the dome allows such an attack to pass through.
4.) When I stated that He'd be almost unbeatable if he'd just use it as efficiently as he did in TBtP , I meant just that. There's hardly anyone in this series who has the skill, the composure, or the rapid regenerative capabilities to survive an oncoming sneak attack after suddenly losing the ability to hear, see, smell, and sense spiritual energy. That is to say when faced head on, Tousen's bankai is admittedly not as effective.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:58   Link #26
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Sigh, even watching it, Shunsui's power seem completely retarded and out of place. I find it greatly saddening that one of the cooler captain's seems to have a mind numbingly stupid shikai/bankai. This brings up the quality of Tousen's sad, sad bankai in comparison. Also, losing the coolest Espada to a bunch of kids game does not sit well, either. Can't blame the animation team, though, they seem to have made the best out of this massive crap sandwich KT handed to them.
Are you on crack? It fits his personality quite well lmao. He's always been very playful.

I also think it's nice to have some more unique shinkai's and bankai's out there. Less of the slash and bash type moves typical of the others.
Old 2010-08-11, 01:01   Link #27
Hisagi_Shuuhei

Very good episode, although Halibel was my fav. among the 3 espada in Karakura Town.

Thought Shunsui's zanp. abilities fit his personality quite well.

But didn't quite understand the "Takaoni"-technique.

According to Bleach Wiki:
Takaoni (嶄鬼, Mountain Demon): This move was also used in Shunsui's battle with Starrk, but Starrk's attack hid the nature of the attack.[109] However, Shunsui later explains that with this "game" whoever is higher up "wins."

So I don't really see why Starrk was so worried wether to fight in air or on the ground. :/
Old 2010-08-11, 01:49   Link #28
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well he had good reason to be afraid on the ground >.> and Takaoni ends up putting him on the defensive since the high ground wins.
Old 2010-08-11, 02:01   Link #29
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It means whoever slices from above gets the first blood. Now, Stark is on the ground and Shunsui can shadow-slice him, but if he flies up, Shunsui will have the height advantage and use that instead.
Quote:
I also think it's nice to have some more unique shinkai's and bankai's out there. Less of the slash and bash type moves typical of the others.
I'll second that
Old 2010-08-11, 10:34   Link #30
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi_Shuuhei View Post
Very good episode, although Halibel was my fav. among the 3 espada in Karakura Town.

Thought Shunsui's zanp. abilities fit his personality quite well.

According to Bleach Wiki:
Takaoni (嶄鬼, Mountain Demon): This move was also used in Shunsui's battle with Starrk, but Starrk's attack hid the nature of the attack.[109] However, Shunsui later explains that with this "game" whoever is higher up "wins."

So I don't really see why Starrk was so worried wether to fight in air or on the ground. :/
Wait I didn't get it either. Looking Kyoraku's zanpaktou's ability wouldn't that mean it could kill any hollow. I didn't get it at all
Old 2010-08-11, 12:31   Link #31
TheRime

ok, the color-calling is confusing... so you can only cut the color you all out, but you only cause as much damage in proportion to how much of the color YOU'RE wearing. So doesn't that mean that the "gray" attack should have done nothing at all? But Stark said it felt like his arm got cut off.... O.o

And also, since when were Hollow Holes black????! They're holes so aren't they supposed to be see-through??
Old 2010-08-11, 13:21   Link #32
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
ok, the color-calling is confusing... so you can only cut the color you all out, but you only cause as much damage in proportion to how much of the color YOU'RE wearing. So doesn't that mean that the "gray" attack should have done nothing at all? But Stark said it felt like his arm got cut off.... O.o

And also, since when were Hollow Holes black????! They're holes so aren't they supposed to be see-through??
To the first part, apparently the power in this game determines how much damage you actually deal. So, Stark said it felt like it should have cut off his arm, but because Shunsui has almost no gray it was only a light wound.

As to hollow holes being black, this is yet another good point about why this power is silly. However, it is a greater point to remember that KT likes to make a lot of convenient mistakes so he can make events happen.
Old 2010-08-11, 14:19   Link #33
Kuorsaki007

* I'm very disspaoint from Espada 1-3 - they seems week compare to Espada 4 .
I excepted much better fights from Espada 1-3 like Espada 4 , better ! faster! come on , that was LAME. It's a WAR right? why so many talking in a damn WAR , at least Kyouraku Shunsui was the saver of this arc-fight.
Espada 2 was the coolest and the coolest fight among the others.

Does it means that Espada 4 was the strongest cuz his second relese?

*I have question from few eps ago , Kaname is blind right? so how he knew that there is no roof and windows in the castle?

*8th captain , Kyouraku Shunsui , was allways seems a weak captain in the fillers and in main-story.
what so special with his Bankai? ( if its spoiler - dont tell ) btw , how old it he? it seems he's quite old

Last edited by Kuorsaki007; 2010-08-11 at 14:34.
Old 2010-08-11, 14:44   Link #34
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuorsaki007 View Post
I have question from few eps ago , Kaname is blind right? so how he knew that there is no roof and windows in the castle?( if its spoiler - dont tell )
Even blind people in real life can still feel and hear differences between being indoors and being outdoors. So for someone like Tousen (who's achieved heightened senses of awareness) it shouldn't pose much of a problem.

Quote:
8th captain , Kyouraku Shunsui , was allways seems a weak captain in the fillers and in main-story.
I think you're one of the few here with that opinion. A lot of fans generally regard Shunsui to be among the strongest captains of the Gotei 13 right alongside Ukitake (and possibly Unohana) with Yamamoto being the only one stronger.

Quote:
what so special with his Bankai? ( if its spoiler - dont tell )
Good question. No one knows yet.
Old 2010-08-11, 16:02   Link #35
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Behold the bishounen who is easily bored and cuts down well endowed ladies that require ample support. Aizen-sama!

I'm done with trying to figure out the ranking. Aside for the emo hawty Ulquiorra, everyone of these esapadas were highly disappointing. And yet, Ulqui is considered 'weak' against the likes of Stark, Halibel, and Barragan.

I enjoyed Stark's dialogue in general about loneliness. And that's it. Halibel was disappointing. So was Barragan. And Stark, the strongest of all, the Primera is cut through just like that.

Once again, Shunshui shows why he is so freakishly cool. He just taught the youngsters about winning. Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY thing. If your very existence is at stake, then you better win however you can.

That said, Stark hasn't gone belly up in terms of lights-and-ashes, the general indicator for a hollow's death. So... uhm... is it too much to hope for he isn't dead quite yet?

Don't answer it, manga readers. It's a trap question.

Episode was enjoyable when it visited Stark's inhibition toward loneliness. It has conveyed clearly why Stark was eager to join Aizen when he appeared in front of him and didn't die. So my question is, how are the weakling Vice Captains from the Soul Society withstood his spirit pressure? Is Stark's spirit pressure only works against hollows? Meh... Truth be told, I don't really care.

I'm giving the episode a 7 out of 10 for trying.
Old 2010-08-11, 16:18   Link #36
Gin
*Artist

Well all the VCs are currently behind a barrier being healed by Kira right now. And its likely that the hollows whose death Stark caused weren't even menos. There were some minor hollows who died from the presense of all the strong guys way back at the beginning of FKT arc IIRC.
Old 2010-08-11, 16:22   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well all the VCs are currently behind a barrier being healed by Kira right now.
There are currently two VCs out in the open.

Quote:
And its likely that the hollows whose death Stark caused weren't even menos.
No comment.

Quote:
There were some minor hollows who died from the presense of all the strong guys way back at the beginning of FKT arc IIRC.
No comment. Oh, actually I do have a comment. Gin's a poopy head. Take that.
Old 2010-08-11, 16:26   Link #38
Gin
*Artist

What a childish retort, if I was your father, I would be disappointed in you monir.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Hisagi is the only VC out in the open right now. Vizards don't count
Old 2010-08-11, 17:50   Link #39
the-1

was expecting more. lillinete (wolf pack) died from a simple boushogoma was lame, especially since in the beginning starrk was just shooting them with regular ceros. Should of just stuck with his guns then.

top 3 espada disappointing.
Old 2010-08-11, 17:57   Link #40
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Im gonna go ahead and call laziness as the reason for stark loosing I think had he lost the lilinette wolves and used the guns he wouldnt have lost...on a side note how did a bushogoma destroy lili-wolves when before they just kept blowing up and returning...switching to halibel she was doing pretty good against 3 opponents....its just a shame kubo has a hate on for women in the bleach universe