Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-02, 20:48   Link #241
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11strikes View Post
But back to the anime: how do you guys feel about the OP and ED? For me, the opening animation is OK, but the whiny violin synth kind of turned me off from the start. XD;; OP sounds like it's trying to be hardcore with the driving e-guitar, but at the same time, e-guitar is mixed down so low the whole song just kind of gives off that mushy, generic j-rock feel, yeah? So, nothing special there, I thought. The ED does a little better, with the pretty choral fills and all that. The slightly extended version at the end of epsiode 3 has a nice mellow intro, calming and atmospheric. I wouldn't mind downloading a full version of this and leaving it on loop.
I actually like the OP and ED quite a bit, but the music within the series itself either bothers me or makes me completely crack up. Background music, IMO, is supposed to give the watcher subtle hints towards the shows direction, not completely noticeable. But when Ayanami appeared, god, if you couldn't figure out that he was the bad guy right away then the music told you two seconds later. Soooo over the top, I nearly fell out of my seat cracking up. Then again, every time I see Tetio sitting on the church steeple in the OP I nearly fall over laughing too, gets me every time...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 02:01   Link #242
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that the OP is just average with its heavy use of guitar. It, unfortunately, has a lot of competition with Mazinger Z's, Pandora Heart's, Guin Saga's, Requiem of the Phantom's and Eden of the East's OPs which are great imo. K-ON! with its guitar use also beats this OP.

It's ED is better as it transitions nicely particularily if an episode ends on a cliff hanger. Again, the competition this season is fierce with K-ON!, Eden of the East, Guin Saga and Basquash! blowing it out of the water imo.
Old 2009-05-03, 12:52   Link #243
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I love the opening song, because of its awesome instrumentals, and the translated lyrics are lovely. I really want it in its full version, but I don't know when that plans on happening....

I also like the ending. Not as much as the opening, since the ending took several times of listening to it to finally grow on me, but it's a pretty song once you get used to it.

On the subject of the OP and ED, did anyone else notice a sense of duality with them? The OP gives a shounen kind of feel while the ED gives a somewhat shoujo feel.

@11: Ooh, if you contribute a fic please show it to me, XD. I'm a severely deprived TeitoxHakuren fangirl ;-;.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 05:44   Link #244
blewin

yeah, the ED's not bad. I really like the tranquil feel to it, and it's cool how the song flows? like the water on screen.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 18:31   Link #245
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Blewin: That's a really good observation. Maybe that's why they decided to make it underwater, XD.
Old 2009-05-04, 21:02   Link #246
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just watched the first episode. I can see in the character design style, and the lack of females and what have you, BL tendencies. As long as they keep it just hints and nothing more, I can continue to follow this show. If for some reason they decide to drag it out and become part of the story, then I'm dropping the show like a bad habit.
Old 2009-05-04, 22:04   Link #247
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Justinstrife: Yeah, they're just hints. None of it becomes overly significant to the story (as far as I know, anyway), but fangirls can dream, can't we?
Old 2009-05-04, 22:14   Link #248
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
@Justinstrife: Yeah, they're just hints. None of it becomes overly significant to the story (as far as I know, anyway), but fangirls can dream, can't we?
I have no problem with you dreaming to your little fangirl's heart delight. I've even ordered at barns and noble's website for a couple of yaoi manga for a girl I was friends with to cheer her up over an ex boyfriend. I just don't want to see it with my own eyes that's all.

I'm not even big on yuri shows either. Don't watch them. I'm all about the hetero relationships.
Old 2009-05-04, 22:20   Link #249
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Eeeh... To me both the OP and the ED are pretty... Generic even though they are pretty catchy :x Then again, I'm not a fan of the songs anyways, maybe since my ears have been exposed to too much game music

@Justin

... Which is why I'm still lamenting a bit of not accepting your offer of getting yaoi mangas/doujinshis back then ;_; I blame my roomate for the failure! (And such a shame that that doujinshi just appear 2 months after your offer~ :E

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 23:33   Link #250
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Eeeh... To me both the OP and the ED are pretty... Generic even though they are pretty catchy :x Then again, I'm not a fan of the songs anyways, maybe since my ears have been exposed to too much game music

@Justin

... Which is why I'm still lamenting a bit of not accepting your offer of getting yaoi mangas/doujinshis back then ;_; I blame my roomate for the failure! (And such a shame that that doujinshi just appear 2 months after your offer~ :E
Just because I can't stand yaoi, doesn't mean I'm not willing to help friends with their addictions. You've been kind enough not to force it on my poor innocent eyes, and for that I thank you.
Old 2009-05-05, 07:05   Link #251
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

/Scared of thread.

*hides from cheesie and Natchan*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 07:25   Link #252
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
/Scared of thread.

Eh, but cheesie has admitted her failure as for not shipping slash/BL here ^_^ Always a failure she is... And technically none of us, Skullfaerie members, has ever think her as the Captain or Princess or Queen anyway. *sniff* Pity her... None of her lashings has ever affected any of us!

While I, as much as I am tempted to say I'm quite conflicted with Ayanami/Teito/Frau as of now, must say that none of the pairings here gave me high squee level just like its fellow Zero-Sum comics, di[e]ce. *Squees like crazy at that series* I kind of got to be a normal fangirl who is head over heels over Labrador in 07-Ghosts than a fujoshi

That and my faith in hardcore yaoi (not soft-yaoi ) has been brought back by that game again... Indeed, I found the canon homicidal sadistic BL relationship to be more appealing than the subtlety of hints

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 07:39   Link #253
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
/Scared of thread.

No need to be scared of Cheesie anymore... Natsu otoh....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 07:47   Link #254
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I don't mind the BL content at all -- I just love seeing a pure love, in whatever form, it's warming and endearing. I guess it's just that some (most?) people haven't really been exposed to public displays of homosexual affection, but once you have been exposed to it, it's REALLY not a big deal. Like I said, as long as a love is pure, it's all good with me.

That aside, I find this series very enjoyable so far, love all the bishies and can't wait for the unraveling of the plot. My heart hurts at thinking that Mikage and Teito would one day eventually have to fight--I see no way out of this just because these preliminary episodes have set up such a deep love and loyalty between the two--it's only going to end in despair, a la CG.

Also, why the heck is Teito still in chains?!!!!! Someone should have removed them by now, I have no idea why he is still wearing them aside from how fetish-looking it is. LOL
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 15:20   Link #255
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Mika: Amen. Love is love.

About the chains though, I'm starting to think they're there JUST because it's fanservice.
Old 2009-05-05, 17:36   Link #256
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, I think I finally figured out how Tetio gets his clothes on and off with the chains on. Not zippers but laces, I found a picture in the manga for this theory but anime only watchers SHOULD NOT CLICK! I think this scene is going to be in another two episodes, but
Spoiler for Link in here:

It's very spoiler-tastic.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:53   Link #257
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I don't mind the BL content at all -- I just love seeing a pure love, in whatever form, it's warming and endearing. I guess it's just that some (most?) people haven't really been exposed to public displays of homosexual affection, but once you have been exposed to it, it's REALLY not a big deal. Like I said, as long as a love is pure, it's all good with me.
Please don't attempt to speak for those of us who don't like homosexual relatonships being displayed in public. I've seen it. I live in California which has a very large homosexual population compared to the rest of this country I live in. It's just something I do not want to see, ever.

Not that I display heterosexual affection myself. Things like that should be kept private.
Old 2009-05-05, 21:46   Link #258
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Just: Tell that to all the hetero people who freakin make out in resteraunts.

Just saw the RAW of ep 5.

Spoiler for for episode:

That's all I have to say on it for now.
Old 2009-05-05, 21:58   Link #259
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Please don't attempt to speak for those of us who don't like homosexual relatonships being displayed in public. I've seen it. I live in California which has a very large homosexual population compared to the rest of this country I live in. It's just something I do not want to see, ever.

Not that I display heterosexual affection myself. Things like that should be kept private.
Perhaps we have strayed off topic a bit, but I wanted to respond to what you said.

I think you perhaps misunderstood me -- my apologies if my previous words did not convey what I was trying to say. I do not mean to "attempt to speak for those of us who don't like homosexual relatonships [sic] being displayed in public." I was merely voicing my belief that the more you see something, the less "strange" it becomes. Perhaps I should not have used the term "public display of affection."

My point is mainly that once you get used to seeing something, it becomes less of a big deal. I believe that it was also "odd" back then for people to see interracial couples together, and it wasn't until Loving v. VA (1967) that interracial marriage was legal. But now, it's not a big deal at all to see this, and I hope that within our lifetimes, the same can be said for gay rights.

I know how you feel though -- don't get me wrong. No one wants to see people groping each other on the sidewalk, you are right that these actions should be kept private. But what I am saying is that if I see a couple really going at it in public, be it straight or otherwise, I would feel the same amount of discomfort. I think perhaps some others would feel a higher level of discomfort if the couple in question was of the same sex. Though some neutral/pro-gay rights people would view that notion as close-mindedness, I just think it is purely a lack of exposure and our government's current inability to legalize gay marriage, and therefore, legitimize a different lifestyle.

To tell you the truth, I once felt like you do right now. The thought of two persons of the same gender was unsettling to me, and I also unconsciously avoided entertainment that dealt with homosexuality. It wasn't until I moved away from home and met friends who happened to be gay that I finally realized that it's no big deal. It just isn't. I mean, torture scenes full of hate and anguish are so much worse than a loving kiss between two persons of the same sex--and yet, one makes more people uncomfortable while the other is just considered by most to be entertainment.

I'll leave it to you to decide which is which.

And on topic: Yeah, those chains have to be fanservice, though it's annoying to me just because it makes no sense, hah. I mean, I would have expected someone, anyone, to mention his chains but everyone just ignores them, even the nuns!
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:06   Link #260
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Mika: Excellent arguement and I agree once again with you. I also felt uneasy about that kind of thing when I was younger. Then I just gradually saw more and more of it and had a friend who was a lesbian when I was a Freshman and Sophmore in High School. I no longer feel uncomfortable around lesbians or gay guys like I did when I was in, say, 6th grade.

Those chains do come off eventually, it's just a question of how the anime will play out how they come off.

Tags
fantasy