Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 09:38   Link #4701
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Sweet Finally some info on season 2
BTW, just noticed an SS called Date A Quest, what is that, like Dragon Quest or something?
It's an omake where Tohka as a hero go to rescue Shidou(princess) from the Maou(Origami) with other Spirit like Yamais sisters, Kotori, Yoshino who take different roles as a type of character from your usual RPG game-setting.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 09:54   Link #4702
leadeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
She sees her as a plaything; that hardly makes her a central figure of the arc or even of Kurumi's character. The fact that she does if for fun, which you yourself just said, shows how unimportant Mana is to her; she sees her as entertainment and nothing more.

Mana is a significant character to the overall plot, but she's not on the main cast no. And nothing breaks down here; of course she gets plenty of "screentime," she's not only a new character but is also involved in the overall plot of the story. That doesn't make it her arc though. Because the most focus (besides from on the main character Shidou) went to the character whose arc it is, Kurumi. And you yourself just said among your percentages that Kurumi got twice as much focus as Mana. (you said mana got a quarter of volume 3 and Kurumi got half) Mana's introduction and the connections to the overall plot was the author going "by the way, while I'm doing Kurumi's arc here's a little advancement on the main story."

Bottom line, Mana is important, but not a main character. And as I showed AP24 and repeated to you, the author and anime staff have made it clear who they consider to be the main girls simply by doing the art for the series. And they are the ones making this, so.....
That's the thing though. It goes into Kurumi's character, in which Mana could be considered her rival character. And the fact she's so entertained by Mana, going so far as to enjoying getting killed by her, helps to show how twisted she's become. In a way it shows that Kurumi doesn't hate Mana, considering she could just eat her and get it over with. It's Kurumi's arc, but by extension it's also Mana's. She isn't a main character, however, she's an extremely prominent figure in Kurumi's arc. Their rivalry is heavily focused in the volume. This rivalry is one that goes beyond the sense of Tohka's and Origami's, one in which both sides are suffering and need a hand to save them. It's like arguing that Origami is just a side character, when she's in a sense as much as a heroine as Tohka is, just not a spirit, considering she is Tohka's rival character.

Also isn't Kurumi's introduction a progression of the main plot in a sense? Considering unlike Miku and the twins, she has a connection to one of the most important plot characters in the series and has probably an ability that's going to influence the plot the most. Not only that, but she brings DEM into the equation of the story. Her arc isn't finished, and by the looks of it, she and Mana are going to be dealing with each more.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 10:12   Link #4703
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
It's an omake where Tohka as a hero go to rescue Shidou(princess) from the Maou(Origami) with other Spirit like Yamais sisters, Kotori, Yoshino who take different roles as a type of character from your usual RPG game-setting.
Ah, I had the magazine that contained it.

I didn't really try to read it through to the end, but I'll try to do that later.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 10:38   Link #4704
SolBlade
Beaver Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
New info for Date a Live 2nd season

Spoiler for yamai seiyuu:
Cool now I need to know who will voice miku
Old 2013-10-06, 10:57   Link #4705
crimsonflair
Support Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolBlade View Post
Cool now I need to know who will voice miku
It would be ironic if they got Saki Fujita to voice her.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 11:14   Link #4706
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
That's the thing though. It goes into Kurumi's character, in which Mana could be considered her rival character. And the fact she's so entertained by Mana, going so far as to enjoying getting killed by her, helps to show how twisted she's become. In a way it shows that Kurumi doesn't hate Mana, considering she could just eat her and get it over with. It's Kurumi's arc, but by extension it's also Mana's. She isn't a main character, however, she's an extremely prominent figure in Kurumi's arc. Their rivalry is heavily focused in the volume. This rivalry is one that goes beyond the sense of Tohka's and Origami's, one in which both sides are suffering and need a hand to save them. It's like arguing that Origami is just a side character, when she's in a sense as much as a heroine as Tohka is, just not a spirit, considering she is Tohka's rival character.

Also isn't Kurumi's introduction a progression of the main plot in a sense? Considering unlike Miku and the twins, she has a connection to one of the most important plot characters in the series and has probably an ability that's going to influence the plot the most. Not only that, but she brings DEM into the equation of the story. Her arc isn't finished, and by the looks of it, she and Mana are going to be dealing with each more.
As I said, being a casual plaything is hardly something that makes up one's character. There's nothing special about Mana to Kurumi; she's just some grunt who keeps showing up where she goes. To Kurumi, it didn't matter who it was.
Kurumi shows how twisted she is plenty without Mana. She tried to wipe out half the city just for kicks.
"Extremely" prominent is strongly pushing it, and her importance is only relevant to the main plot. Take Mana out of Kurumi's arc and introduce her in another, and nothing woud have been hurt. Heck, Origami could have just as easily taken Mana's place in Kurumi's arc.
Origami is definitely not a side character liks Mana; the author has gone to great lengths to keep Origami on the scene.

As I said above, take Mana out of Kurumi's arc, introduce Mana in a different arc, and remove the fact that she has had run-ins with Kurumi, and nothing would be affected. Mana's placement in Kurumi's arc was just one way of bringing her onto the scene, and with her introduction DEM would have been brought to light.

Mana isn't an insignificant character, but Kurumi's arc is Kurumi's arc. With a little tweaking, Mana's introduction could have gone in any arc.
Old 2013-10-06, 11:14   Link #4707
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
that would be nice for the singing part, though not sure about the rest since i have seen the works she was in only dubbed .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:08   Link #4708
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonflair View Post
Or Natsumi Takamori. Or Yuka Iguchi. Or...

Actually, anyone who can sing well will do. That's the first priority for me.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:35   Link #4709
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post

^ Same thoughts here. Needs someone who is able to do justice to Miku's only real talent.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 16:51   Link #4710
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
New info for Date a Live 2nd season

Spoiler for yamai seiyuu:
She is the perfect fit for Kaguya.

Quote:

For Miku's VA how about:
Haruka Tomatsu
Rina Satou
Rie Tanaka
Yukana
Old 2013-10-06, 17:04   Link #4711
cloud04
Scanlator

hmm should be around..summer-spring series for s2 i guess?
Old 2013-10-06, 17:33   Link #4712
Birdway
Banned

Quote:

Actually Yuka Iguchi did pretty well singing Railgun S's first ending Slowly Growing and second ending, the famous Stand Still.

And if you mind her doing her having a mature tone just think of Subaru from Mayo Chiki or Akada Usada from Digi Charat or Vulcanus from Kaminomi, you know.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:29   Link #4713
iamadooddood
NOM.

Guys, why don't you google Saki Fujita, Natsumi Takamori and Yuka Iguchi, then you'll know what we're talking about.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:32   Link #4714
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
It's no coincidence that they picked her because of Kaguya's chuuni tendencies and style of speech.

Quote:
For Miku's VA how about:
Haruka Tomatsu
Rina Satou
Rie Tanaka
Yukana
Nice shortlist here. All of them are capable, but the important thing is that the voice has to fit the character.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:17   Link #4715
leadeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
As I said, being a casual plaything is hardly something that makes up one's character. There's nothing special about Mana to Kurumi; she's just some grunt who keeps showing up where she goes. To Kurumi, it didn't matter who it was.
Kurumi shows how twisted she is plenty without Mana. She tried to wipe out half the city just for kicks.
"Extremely" prominent is strongly pushing it, and her importance is only relevant to the main plot. Take Mana out of Kurumi's arc and introduce her in another, and nothing woud have been hurt. Heck, Origami could have just as easily taken Mana's place in Kurumi's arc.
Origami is definitely not a side character liks Mana; the author has gone to great lengths to keep Origami on the scene.

As I said above, take Mana out of Kurumi's arc, introduce Mana in a different arc, and remove the fact that she has had run-ins with Kurumi, and nothing would be affected. Mana's placement in Kurumi's arc was just one way of bringing her onto the scene, and with her introduction DEM would have been brought to light.

Mana isn't an insignificant character, but Kurumi's arc is Kurumi's arc. With a little tweaking, Mana's introduction could have gone in any arc.
The fact that Kurumi has bothered to learn Mana's name and actually asks her to call her by name shows that Kurumi doesn't view Mana as just some grunt. Not only that, but she has expectations of Mana and has gotten used to how Mana is and expects her to brutally kill her. She relishes those moments and probably remembers each and every one, considering it has been Mana who's killed her. If you look at, Kurumi only interacts with two characters in general, Shidou and Mana. Every other character has little to no real interaction with her.

Also, the point of trying to take out half the city wasn't just for kicks, it was to prove to Shidou that she was irredeemable, a person who couldn't be saved.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 21:38   Link #4716
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:

For Miku's VA how about:
Haruka Tomatsu
Rina Satou
Rie Tanaka
Yukana
Yeah we know that the 4 of them can sing on some level

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 21:39   Link #4717
cloud04
Scanlator

oh wonder if s2 OP = all of them singing
Old 2013-10-06, 22:13   Link #4718
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

The Date A Live Anime site has changed once again. This time they are going back to Tohka.

They also have some text there, though I don't know what they are saying. They also reorganized of some things. Hopefully this could mean season 2 is coming soon.
Old 2013-10-06, 22:29   Link #4719
SolBlade
Beaver Knight

Quote:

For Miku's VA how about:
Haruka Tomatsu
Rina Satou
Rie Tanaka
Yukana
nice list there all of them would be good for miku
Old 2013-10-06, 22:32   Link #4720
Ernietheracefan

Quote:

how about Nana Mizuki..??
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy