AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 16:25   Link #10841
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Yeah, I kinda see yuri as like; "There goes another perfectly good woman. Lost to another woman, and not likely to seek the company of a man in bed ever again..." There are just not enough (good looking) women to go around. I'd almost think that the situation of that parallel world in Girls Bravo would actually be nice to have. Make us males be sought after, instead of the other way around. But like that's ever gonna happen.
Old 2009-09-19, 16:58   Link #10842
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

LOL...I didn't mean for that pic to cause a yuri discussion

I'm OK with yuri as long as it's tastefully done but then again I haven't seen or read much yuri related works.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 17:10   Link #10843
GrrDraxin

Full yuri may be considered bad, but "bi" yuri is okay. But I personally am not a hater of yuri only because it's aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and ears. My practical reasons stand though, as before mentioned.
Old 2009-09-19, 17:26   Link #10844
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
But I personally am not a hater of yuri only because it's aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and ears.
+1 Practical reasons aside.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2009-09-19 at 17:41.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 17:39   Link #10845
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Yeah, I kinda see yuri as like; "There goes another perfectly good woman. Lost to another woman, and not likely to seek the company of a man in bed ever again..." There are just not enough (good looking) women to go around. I'd almost think that the situation of that parallel world in Girls Bravo would actually be nice to have. Make us males be sought after, instead of the other way around. But like that's ever gonna happen.
Quote:
Full yuri may be considered bad, but "bi" yuri is okay. But I personally am not a hater of yuri only because it's aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and ears. My practical reasons stand though, as before mentioned.
I have always that was too egotistical for that thought pattern for me. Girls can love other girls in fiction, but only if they could like other guys possibly?
Reeks of fan pandering and cheapened fanservice lesbian.

Quote:
ots of people like it because its "Diffrent" and thats what drives some girls to become lesbians (stupid reasons imo)
You could say the same for some guys to become gay. That's not a good reason for either side. Although there is the stupid "hay dudez I am gay, am I popular now?" and people who demean the whole ordeal, it's not fair for the rest.

Last edited by Vikitehwaffu; 2009-09-19 at 17:51.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 18:26   Link #10846
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

As of now, I don't think Moka is at her strongest. Just like Morrigan, she'll probably be strongest when all parts of her are being used at the same time.
Old 2009-09-19, 19:30   Link #10847
GrrDraxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
I have always that was too egotistical for that thought pattern for me. Girls can love other girls in fiction, but only if they could like other guys possibly?
True, but that's what we've come to expect. I don't think of myself as egotistical, because I believe if I was, I'd be a movie star in Hollywood. However I do value the thoughts and feelings of women because they're interesting. It just has to be the right subject at the right time. But when it comes to romantic relations, I kinda like taking the low road and being humble, though that hasn't gotten me laid.

So like most other lonely people, flying solo just seems to be my way of life. Though I personally don't think I'm as bad looking as half the people I've seen, I could relate to being extraordinarily ordinary, though I could imagine being much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu
You could say the same for some guys to become gay. That's not a good reason for either side. Although there is the stupid "hay dudez I am gay, am I popular now?" and people who demean the whole ordeal, it's not fair for the rest.
As the old saying goes: "All the good looking (or just simply good) guys are either all taken or are gay." The same could be said from the other side of the fence: "All the good looking (or just simply good) women are either all taken or are lesbian."

Kinda makes me wonder where society will be going in the next 50 years.
Old 2009-09-19, 19:32   Link #10848
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
um, Yuri in non-100% yuri anime is 100% pure fanservice... sorry but its true.

lets get back to being bored waiting for the next chapter.

and Grrdrax, most good lookin females are Bi. Unless their the stupid lesbians who think all men are evil. in hope im dead in 50 years, because 2009 sucks as it is. the only thing thats keepin me sane is video games and anime.

----EDITED----

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-09-19 at 19:49.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 19:34   Link #10849
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
um, Yuri in anime is 100% pure fanservice... sorry but its true.

I could argue about this, but I won't, because that'll just detract from the original discussion.

In any case, the month is almost over, so we should be getting a new chapter soon. Should be interesting to see what will happen.
Old 2009-09-19, 19:40   Link #10850
GrrDraxin

Yes yes, what will happen? However... we don't know because the way things ended. Life at the academy could return to normal for a while, or face an immediate challenge as soon as they get back. Specifics are an unknown at this point. But Tsukune's training is sure to start back up, probably at a renewed strength now.
Old 2009-09-20, 02:07   Link #10851
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't really pay much attention to yuri, it feels odd if I know the characters and they're acting out of character, and I can't trace their personalities if I haven't read the manga they're referring to. Anyway, if we're finally getting a new chapter, going back to school for a bit wouldn't be bad...can't have fairy tale being too active.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:02   Link #10852
X207
Gamyūsa

thats true, increased activity by fairytale will only increase the pace of the manga. breathers are good once in a while.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:04   Link #10853
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

no one else thinks when they go back the school is in chaos?
Old 2009-09-20, 10:15   Link #10854
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa.. are we back on topic!? Let me catch my breath here.... lmao.

Things might start with a bang, but I want Inner Moka development no matter what!
Old 2009-09-20, 10:32   Link #10855
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Latest Chapter of the manga in Spanish.

who ever is uploading this on youtube is awesome!
Old 2009-09-21, 08:30   Link #10856
Cio
Otaku

Someone made this with 3D, i think???

Spoiler for big:
Old 2009-09-21, 10:01   Link #10857
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Someone made this with 3D, i think???

Spoiler for big:
A few of the girls look a little weird, but it's pretty well done. ^^ I like it.
Old 2009-09-21, 11:13   Link #10858
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... you know what I'm noticing? That all fan pics (outside of a few that Kyero posts) are of all the girls... don't get me wrong, I enjoy them... but I seriously think we need a few more Tsukune (in badass mode, of course) pics as well

the girls are lovely, but I'm sensing a slight lack of GAR around here with those pics

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:02   Link #10859
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... you know what I'm noticing? That all fan pics (outside of a few that Kyero posts) are of all the girls... don't get me wrong, I enjoy them... but I seriously think we need a few more Tsukune (in badass mode, of course) pics as well

the girls are lovely, but I'm sensing a slight lack of GAR around here with those pics
it wont happen, males who draw anime fan art usualy dont want to draw the male characters, only the females.
Old 2009-09-21, 12:28   Link #10860
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
it wont happen, males who draw anime fan art usualy dont want to draw the male characters, only the females.
Well, we can have a cross-gender Tsukune called Tsukihime..........and in the alternate world she is the girl on the moon, thus Moka's and Gin's attraction to her (full moon). Being a petanko, she would have her boobs grow to a D cup every 15 days.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire