AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-17, 19:54   Link #341
ando

Separate(7): KaneDragon, Xellos-_^, EternalNite, Eater of All, Deathkillz, KholdStare, z3phyr.mp3

Unified(4): wontaek, minhtam2448, OceanBlue, DragoonKain3

Any other opinion?
Old 2008-06-17, 20:02   Link #342
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Separate(7): KaneDragon, Xellos-_^, EternalNite, Eater of All, Deathkillz, KholdStare, z3phyr.mp3

Any other opinion?
Maybe we should create separate thread discussing the merits of unified vs. separate threads.
Old 2008-06-17, 21:02   Link #343
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Maybe we should create separate thread discussing the merits of unified vs. separate threads.
That's too many threads. That would only justify my request for a Saimoe subforum.
Old 2008-06-17, 21:04   Link #344
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:

Any other opinion?
Can I join?
I agree with "Separate"
That simply don't make me confusing...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2008-06-17, 21:50   Link #345
ando

Separate(8): KaneDragon, Xellos-_^, EternalNite, Eater of All, Deathkillz, KholdStare, z3phyr.mp3, WarriorKK

Any other opinion?
Old 2008-06-17, 23:14   Link #346
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

Any other opinion?
Here's another one for give each tournament it's own thread.
Old 2008-06-18, 07:31   Link #347
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Ah, the wonderful world of moe tournaments.
Old 2008-06-18, 15:40   Link #348
ando

Separate(9): KaneDragon, Xellos-_^, EternalNite, Eater of All, Deathkillz, KholdStare, z3phyr.mp3, WarriorKK, Daniel E.

Any other opinion?
Old 2008-06-18, 22:39   Link #349
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

I vote for a single, Unified thread for J-Moe and K-Moe. It worked last year, so it's gonna work again this year, right?
Old 2008-06-19, 01:29   Link #350
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I vote for "each tournament gets it's own thread".
But I'm just a noob in this board, don't know if I would give my vote a lot of weight.
Old 2008-06-19, 04:39   Link #351
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

To me if can unfiy,then unify all the way.But at least,try to leave a sign or mark in that post so that ppl will know whether that post refers to J-Saimoe or K-Saimoe.Like say if during day X,both J and K-Saimoe has Shana as the contestant for that day's tournament,and ppl will post their opinion about Shana in that day's tournament,at least leave a sign so that ppl will know that the post refers to Shana's J-saimoe tournament or Shana's K-saimoe tournament.If all mixed up,even me myself will find it hard to read it,especially those who never do any quote in their post.

Other than that will be,the amount of pages made per day during hot battle days...just like last year's thread,i think it reaches over 500 pages i think?If i were to find a specific post containing link or images,searching in between those 400 pages gonna be a big lulz.Like last year,i searched for over 100 pages just to find one single 2ch link,since i don't know who posted it and any keyword that might help me in case i'm using the search function,so i have to do manual search all by myself.I hope i don't need to do that kind of stuff anymore this year.Ppl tend to post a lot during hot match day,to the point where in just 1 day,ppl can post until like 10-20 pages.Backtracking each unreaded pages is gonna be a lulz job for anyone,and believe me its really tiring.

So my suggestion here is that,if really we will unfiy both k-saimoe and j-saimoe,at least make Ando as the thread opener and Wontaek as the 2nd poster.The first 2 post in that thread will compile all those important links (like link to the post containing match result info or candidates for that day's match),so that ppl won't have to search in every pages just to find a single post..i know there's other way to find a specific post,but i feel like its better to organize a thread this way.Also those who manage the thread must be someone active in updating their post in the first page..at least update it everyday if possible.Kinny's saimoe thread last year is a good example of how an opening post should be...but i hope this year could be more informative than that.

But its not like separating a thread is a bad idea anyway.Easy to handle than a unified thread..just use different tabs for different threads in IE or FF.
Old 2008-06-19, 11:48   Link #352
Xipiexa

Send a message via MSN to Xipiexa
The official site of japanese saimoe 2008 has updates the supporting site from China,Hongkong and Taiwan on its link list.So I think you can also set a english site to support saimoe,is there anybody who want to do it?(I'm from China,I just give u an suggestion,and I'm sorry that I am not able to help you.)

link list
http://friend.45.kg/saimoe2008/html/link.html
Old 2008-06-19, 13:30   Link #353
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xipiexa View Post
The official site of japanese saimoe 2008 has updates the supporting site from China,Hongkong and Taiwan on its link list.So I think you can also set a english site to support saimoe,is there anybody who want to do it?(I'm from China,I just give u an suggestion,and I'm sorry that I am not able to help you.)

link list
http://friend.45.kg/saimoe2008/html/link.html
Well, well, well. The Saimoe 2008 site looks very impressive compared to last year. They've stepped it up a notch. Awesome.

It will be very difficult to set up an English site if you're talking about direct translations, as we would need an actual team to do so. Best we can do is hope that someone can provide updates regularly. I did state that ISML's website will also cover Japan's and Korea's tournaments on the news blog, so we should be fine as to the English aspect.

Although I am very "meh" to using wikipedia as a source for the definition of Saimoe.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:42   Link #354
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
I vote for a single, Unified thread for J-Moe and K-Moe. It worked last year, so it's gonna work again this year, right?
If by "working last year" you mean how the Kmoe discussions really took off after Jmoe ended then yes it did work. But I can see how chaotic it is going to get for people to have to follow two parallel discussions (though it is more easy for some than others *looks over to the other thread* ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-20, 00:34   Link #355
Xipiexa

In fact many Chinese people concern about ISML as well.If its blog will report saimoe2008,and translate schedule,result and tournament table(トーナメント表) like last years some english site done, I think the offical site will concern it too.

On the other hand,japanese may set english site like last year to tell english the main rule of saimoe.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:49   Link #356
Eater of All
NOM

So simply put, the issue right now is whether they're seperate/unified enough to be able to put into (a) seperate/unfied thread(s)?

Laying it out

As a newcomer to this (as in, I was not present during last year's J/K saimoe), I would personally favor seperate threads, because I do not know why the intertwining between two seperate discussions are necessary. And god, it's going to create chaotic discussions that cannot be distinguished between Jmoe or Kmoe, not to mention that I don't really care about Kmoe (or Jmoe).

Point: This is probably the biggest problem for a newcomer. Why the heck is it so important to link their discussions? Is it worth the Issue that it will spawn?

Issue: Confusion is guranteed.
Bob: "Huh? xxx isn't going against yyy!"
Joe: "He means Kmoe fool"
Bob: "Oh"
Tim: "Wait, yyy was in Jmoe?!"
Joe: "KMOE! "

Spice to the Issue: This is not as important, but is possible. Someone who comes to the thread specifically for Jmoe wouldn't want to see Kmoe stuff, vice versa. That individual will become even more frustrated at the Issue.
Old 2008-06-20, 00:57   Link #357
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xipiexa View Post
In fact many Chinese people concern about ISML as well.If its blog will report saimoe2008,and translate schedule,result and tournament table(トーナメント表) like last years some english site done, I think the offical site will concern it too.

On the other hand,japanese may set english site like last year to tell english the main rule of saimoe.
Oh, are you talking about me? Well, while I did say that ISML will cover Saimoe 2008, I already have a Japanese translator working on other aspects of ISML itself. ISML's involvement with Saimoe will only cover reporting of results as well as the immediate next match, assuming we have someone who can cover for us.
Old 2008-06-20, 02:17   Link #358
Xipiexa

Thank you.We have known the situation in English net now.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:50   Link #359
kyon91
Starcraft 2 player

Send a message via Yahoo to kyon91
still no thread?
Old 2008-06-20, 10:54   Link #360
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
, not to mention that I don't really care about Kmoe (or Jmoe).
If you don't care about either, you don't really need to worry about this, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon91 View Post
still no thread?
I believe Saimoe hasn't begun yet, so yes, no thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe