AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 16:42   Link #41
7thMethuselah

To Heart or Stellvia of the Universe because they are both positive anime in which friendships play a great role. Those are the kinda anime I feel directly at home in. Also I wouldn't mind spending time in Yokohama Kadaishi because it has that atmophere of complete calmness, no stress, no deadlines, no nothing, just enjoying and truly experiencing your existence... Quite opposite to modern day life where soo much resolves around pointless issues, money, power, etc...

A world where you can relax feel good with the people around you and study to obtain knowledge to know stuff, not to get a job with, that is life ...

/ends rant here
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:53   Link #42
Izzy
Corrupted

hmm......If you could spend ten years in any anime which one would you want to be in....well, If it happens.....I won't be the main character..I would be like a main 2nd character.........

Tsukihime: killing vampires....sweet XD
Area 88: who wouldn't like to fly those fighter planes
Ai Yori Aoshi: who wouldn't like that girl with glasses driving skills XD

can't think so for will post later.....
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 18:35   Link #43
LinChoiSin

ten years is a lot and i wouldn't see myself ten years in Maburaho because almost nothing ever happens in Maburaho of course girls are nice but besides that there's pratically nothing .Now that i think about it FMA would be a great choice!
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 19:22   Link #44
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well, to give you a serious answer, it would be: "to get out of this stressful life." Honestly, I am certain I am not the only one living who yearns for the days when you were a student with summer and winter breaks. Sure we may have had exam hell and homework, and back then we all thought "I want to grow up to become an adult so I don't have to do homework."

Well, once you find yourself in society as with a career, you find that you are actually doing exams everyday. Sure, the money maybe good - but in a sense, you lost the freedom that you enjoyed. And you see that most vividly in commuting here in Japan. You see salarymen and corporate warriors with this "dead eye" look that they lost all hope. You see them just going to work, fighting against being "restructured" (euphemism for "fired"), with their only pleasure is groping girls or going to weird places that materializes women. You see no variety. They, we, I - are all tired of this Japanese working system. We want to complain, but we cannot - as to risk being branded "as a failure."

Forget everything, all your riches and all your life, all the stressful ideas of "oh if I quit my job, how am I going to support my family" or "My family relies on me to pay for the mortage...." I would choose to live in an anime world.

Or, if I had the guts, move away from Japan and start my new life over somewhere else. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon (unless...).
You feel exactly the way I do, work is hell, you spent the entire day pushing ourself for something that usually isn't really worth the effort and when you come home after a shower and a meal it's about time to go to bed, the day after same crap all over again. I don't mind the fact you have to work I do mind you have to sacrifice close to everything for it while you are getting sooo little in return (yes money but after taxes rent food believe there just isn't much left).

If you do move kj the best option would be western europe, at least we have a decent social system, but it's far from perfect over here as well...

SO in short : Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou or some series like it would be the best possible option...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:11   Link #45
uzumaki

kj1980, thanx for opening our eyes. All the time you see these annoying fan kids hoing around blabbing about how they wish they were born in japan (just because they like anime). And dont listen to anyone, america is, relativerly quite a nice place to live. And i live in baltimore (the trash can of the US) and have 2 friends in total (one being my mom) and still i like my life very much (maybe i'm just too strong unlike all you escapist out there). People go around saying that it sucks to live in america but compared to 98.5% of the countries in the world, America is a very nice place to live. And i should know this, i came from a third world country where i would have by now, sold my freedom and life to become a DOCTOR or ENGINEER so i could make money to live (only). If you ever did the mistake to putting an american teenager there, they would in one week, die.

well now back on topic. I would love to spend some time in mayazaki's places (they're so pretty and calmimg and nice)
and... hmm...utena's place sounds fun and exciting. And GTO definately.
I dont want to spend time in echi because im too sensitive to that stuff, but i would like to study their strange strange behaviour which i will probably never understand...
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:23   Link #46
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Mabuharo, I will show Yuna my sorcery skills in FE and beat the living daylights out of Kazuki and by 10 years I become a master sage and Proud Husband of Yuna(Swordswomen give me unpredictable "clothing slashes").
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:42   Link #47
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Yumeria would be nice - I like the idea how I give new powers to the girls
Maburaho would be also nice, if I could use magic at least as often as Kuriko.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:43   Link #48
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
kj1980, thanx for opening our eyes. All the time you see these annoying fan kids hoing around blabbing about how they wish they were born in japan (just because they like anime).
Well, one good thing about Japan is (and I apologize in advance if I offend anyone) is that compared to America - there are a lot less fat people. And if an obese American (I have heard news that America has a big problem with obesity - I have no idea how large a scale "obese" would be) were to live here, they will definitely lose weight whether they like it or not.

A. Buying a house in Metro-Tokyo is nuts. Land is scarce, poor urban planning in the 1960s lead to weird residential zoning, and the only way to increase land is to build upwards (hence, you have massive 10+ story apartment buildings). Either you happen to be a millionaire or have been living there since Tokyo was laid down into ashes by the WWII bombing, the chances of a person finding a home in Tokyo will be very uneconomical. I spend close to 200,000 yen per month for rent alone for a tiny one bedroom apartment. A more economical solution is to live in a suburb like in Chiba or Kanagawa - two hours from the heart of Tokyo.

B. Hence, you have tremendous commuters. A typical commuter would walk/bike/take the bus from their home to the nearest train station. Depending on where you work and where you live, you may or may not have to transfer to different train routes. Unlike America (well probably not New York or other metro areas), commuting here is mainly train and the use of a thing called "foot-mobile." Walking. It's like exercising just to get to and from work.

C. Add to the fact that our summers a very humid and muggy, our commuting hours means extremely cramped trains - we are pushed and shoved, sweat and toil just to get to work. If an obese American teenager were to be put into my situation, he would not last a day of heavy commuting...even i feel like vomiting when I have to stand in a train with direct contact to a sweaty, bald and "please for the love of some-higher-being use a fucking deodorant" man in the middle of a summer with a heat index of 45 degrees centigrade for the entire forty minutes of my commuting time. Trust me - an air conditioner has no affect when you have that much people in one car.

You want to live in Japan? Stay out of the metro-area. If you want culture, nice people and a real experience of Japan, I suggest a rural area. You do not want to live in a metro area just because of the goods.

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-06-27 at 05:40.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:53   Link #49
aahhsin

Quote:
Well, one good thing about Japan is (and I apologize in advance if I offend anyone) is that compared to America - there are a lot less fat people. And if an obese American (I have heard news that America has a big problem with obesity - I have no idea how large a scale "obese" would be) were to live here, they will definitely lose weight whether they like it or not.

A. Buying a house in Metro-Tokyo is nuts. Land is scarce, poor urban planning in the 1960s lead to weird residential zoning, and the only way to increase land is to build upwards (hence, you have massive 10+ story apartment buildings). Either you happen to be a millionaire or have been living there since Tokyo was laid down into ashes by the WWII bombing, the chances of a person finding a home in Tokyo will be very uneconomical. I spend close to 200,000 yen per month for rent alone for a tiny one bedroom apartment. A more economical solution is to live in a suburb like in Chiba or Kanagawa - two hours from the heart of Tokyo.

B. Hence, you have tremendous commuters. A typical commuter would walk/bike/take the bus from their home to the nearest train station. Depending on where you work and where you live, you may or may not have to transfer to different train routes. Unlike America (well probably not New York or other metro areas), commuting here is mainly train and the use of a thing called "foot-mobile." Walking. It's like excersizing just to get to and from work.

C. Add to the fact that our summers a very humid and muggy, our commuting hours means extremely cramped trains - we are pushed and shoved, sweat and toil just to get to work. If an obese American teenager were to be put into my situation, he would not last a day of heavy commuting...even i feel like vomiting when I have to stand in a train with direct contact to a sweaty, bald and "please for the love of some-higher-being use a fucking deodorant" man in the middle of a summer with a heat index of 45 degrees centigrade for the entire forty minutes of my commuting time. Trust me - an air conditioner has no affect when you have that much people in one car.

You want to live in Japan? Stay out of the metro-area. If you want culture, nice people and a real experience of Japan, I suggest a rural area. You do not want to live in a metro area just because of the goods.
hey kj, is japanese ur second language? or is ur english so damn good your better then us natives?

obesity is i believe 30% of fat in your body.

You gotta go to Hong Kong that place is hot and humid you'll sweat everytime u step outside

one thing i really don't like about japan the damn clothes are wrong XL is a M in america.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:00   Link #50
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Our university TU-Dresden has an exchange program running with Tôkyô's Keio university. Well this program only includes, that the costs for Keio itself will be free. Now approximately what kind of stipendia (with how much money) would I need to have a fair chance to even be able to live/study in Tôkyô under exceptable conditions? An information regarding this would be very helpfull for me
Old 2004-03-16, 21:20   Link #51
UssoKK

Without a doubt, DN Angel. A beautiful European town by the Sea, a small and private school. Although the Anime is lacking in plot (IMO), I would LOVE to live in the town it takes place in. It makes the suburbs I'm living it look so UGLY
UssoKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:31   Link #52
uzumaki

Quote:

BWAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHHHHAHAHHAHHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!
but none of that can compare to the buses we used to have in my old country, its located right near india and the heat is BOILING in summers. We had to ride cheap broken buses with no ac and fat fat fat old women who couldnt wait to squish you with their HUGE behinds. And it was burning hot with people squshed in every where AAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA IT WAS SOO HORRIBLE. And they didnt use deoderant either. actually neither do i .
uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:39   Link #53
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

If i was to live in an anime world i'd probably choose Pokemon...

walking around catching little creatures with powers is just too tempting...then using them for evil is even more tempting...

and since 10 y/o kids go out and roam the world all by themselves and don't worry about school..there's practically nothing to worry about...your on your own doing your own thing w/o homework, or a real job

...for money...just train those little creatures to steal from other 10 year olds cause since they so young...i doubt they know how to count or keep track of all their money...so it's an easy steal...not to mention scamming them in many ways

I would say InuYasha...but that world requires to either have special powers or have some sort of demon blood just to survive very long...unless we also take on the powers of a specific char...then i'd be Sesshoumaru ^_^ no one would be able to stand in my way
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 22:10   Link #54
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
hey kj, is japanese ur second language? or is ur english so damn good your better then us natives?
I learned English by going to a English language school after school. My parents said that "if you want to suceed, you have to know English," so they signed me up for a "start-learning-English-since-childhood" program at a nearby ekimae English school, NOVA when I was in the third year of elementary school.

So, technically, yes I do speak better English than my fellow countrymen since I started three years earlier than them (English is first taught in middle school). Add to the fact that I did have a huge interest in the English language too. By learning from a native English speaker (my instructor was from Ohio), I realized how poor our English language studying habits were in the actual middle and high schools. It was pretty sad, yet amusing at the time when I realized that I knew English better than my actual instructor at my high school...

On the other hand, I do have trouble at times conjuring up the correct English equivalent since I do think in Japanese.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 22:39   Link #55
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

As far as I've seen it's quite common for us non-native speakers to speak better English than the natives
The American education system does a really pitiful job at teaching their pupils proper English...
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 22:43   Link #56
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
If i was to live in an anime world i'd probably choose Pokemon...

walking around catching little creatures with powers is just too tempting...then using them for evil is even more tempting...
Good idea, pokemon might be for little kids, but it would be fun to be in. You could show everyone how to really use pokemon. heh heh
edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
As far as I've seen it's quite common for us non-native speakers to speak better English than the natives
The American education system does a really pitiful job at teaching their pupils proper English...
Not true, the american education system does a pitiful job of teaching anything.
Old 2004-03-16, 23:03   Link #57
Noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse

No not really. Native speakers tend to slang a whole lot more and use words such as fuck, shit, bitch, ho, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 23:05   Link #58
Noodle

Anyways if I can spend 10 years in any anime it would Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu because that place has no wars and all it consists of girls that are very ^_^ and I get to play around with guns in public and not have the authorities on my back.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 23:14   Link #59
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle
Anyways if I can spend 10 years in any anime it would Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu because that place has no wars and all it consists of girls that are very ^_^ and I get to play around with guns in public and not have the authorities on my back.
*bold added*
I'm guessing you haven't seen the first season of full metal panic...
Old 2004-03-16, 23:23   Link #60
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Apparently not.
About the American Education system. It is falling apart. Teenagers in America are usually not inclined to exert effort in anything. Plus, the US Education system now runs on standards, so they basically cram us with the required information and drilling us until it sticks [and it doesn't].
Sort of stinks when you're in what you though would be an interesting class.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote