AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 05:12   Link #3441
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Those SWAT sure had nothing to do

Epic publicity for PS3
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 09:46   Link #3442
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Top Six Signs You Are Watching Too Much Football
6. Only fresh air you've had this month is opening door for pizza guy
5. You refer to orange juice as FedEx orange juice
4. When wife finishes making dinner, you dump jug of Gatorade on her
3. You schedule an appointment to talk to your doctor about Andy Reid's cholesterol
2. When you go to McDonald's you insist on ordering the McNabb
1. Laura has to keep reminding you you're still president for two more weeks
lol
Old 2009-01-13, 13:45   Link #3443
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
ok seriously, WTF
Old 2009-01-15, 13:21   Link #3444
Solafighter
Hige

The following radio talk did realy happen:

Frankfurt tower and a british 737 pilot.

The pilot landed his aircraft and is turning the next taxiway. After holding for some minutes, the tower asked the pilot:
"First time in Frankfurt?"
The pilot answered cooly: "Twice. It was 1944. It was on night and i didnt land."
The tower fell silent and the pilot continued taxing to the ramp.

Old 2009-01-16, 22:22   Link #3445
NakedAngelX

Installing a Husband =P

INSTALLING A HUSBAND

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as
* Romance 9.5 and
* Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as

* PS 3.0 ,
* Wii 1 .0 and
* Golf Clubs 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system.

* Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed,

Desperate
================================================== ===================

DEAR DESPERATE,

First, keep in mind,
* Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while
* Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Please enter command: ithoughtyoulovedme.html and try to download Tears 6.2 and do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update.
* If that application works as designed, Husband1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewellery 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

However, remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1.
* Please note that Beer 6. 1 is a very bad program that will download the Farting and Snoring Loudly Beta.

Whatever you do, DO NOT under any circumstances install Mother-In-Law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources.)

In addition, please do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 -program ..These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend
* Cooking 3.0 and
* Hot Lingerie 7.7.

Hope this can help you.

Regards

IT Support
Old 2009-01-16, 22:44   Link #3446
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I recommend an upgrade to Golf Clubs 5.0 which can be found on the Mizuno site. You might consider also installing the Golf Lessons 1.0 software on the companion unit.

Hot Lingerie 7.7 can often activate the required plug-ins that may currently be in sleep mode on Husband 1.0.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 23:36   Link #3447
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Ha! Someone just posted a variant of this the other day on TennSpeed.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 00:00   Link #3448
Tri-ring

I guess a marriage councel will be called helpdesk and divorce a clean install.

I wonder what a blue screen of death equal to?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 00:09   Link #3449
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Spoiler for mature nerd joke:
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 00:22   Link #3450
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
Spoiler for mature nerd joke:
I'm personally prefer
Spoiler for Mature nerd joke:

I also enjoy BBspot's geek pickup line list (warning: some of these are a bit dirty):
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/t..._up_lines.html
There's also parts two-at least five at that site if you search around a bit.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:18   Link #3451
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Man when u install A wife make sure you have ur Nag protection software installed to !!!
Old 2009-01-17, 01:36   Link #3452
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Who cares about Husband 1.0? Wife 1.0 comes with a lot more bugs!

Last year a friend of mine upgraded from GirlFriend 6.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving very little system resources available for other applications.

He also noticed that Wife 1.0 spawns child processes which consume further valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomena was included in the product brochure or the documentation, though other users have informed him that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.

Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself such that it is always launched at system initialisation, where it can monitor all other system activity. He discovered that some applications — such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 — are no longer able to run on his system at all, crashing the system whenever selected (even though they always worked fine before).

Also, Wife 1.0 installed some undesired plug-ins by default, such as MotherInLaw 55.8 and BrotherInLaw Beta release. These plug-ins have diminished his system performance with each passing day.

Unlike my friend, I decided to avoid the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 7.0. Nonetheless, I still encountered many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 7.0 on top of Girlfriend 6.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 6.0 first. Other users say this is a long standing bug that I should have known about. Apparently the previous versions of Girlfriend have conficts over shared use of the I/O port. You'd think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now.

To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 6.0 doesn't work very well leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Another thing: all versions of Girlfriend continually pop up annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

What Tech Support advised me to do

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 6.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a Utilities & Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is indeed an operating system and designed by its creator to run everything.

Bear in mind that it is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 6.0. Hidden operating files within your system would cause Girlfriend 6.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so nothing is gained. It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 6.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this.

To avoid this problem, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and never run any file transfer applications such as Laplink 6.0. Also, beware of similar shareware applications that have been known to carry viruses that may affect Wife 1.0. Another solution would be to run Mistress 1.1 via a UseNet provider under an anonymous name. Here again, beware of the viruses which can accidently be downloaded from the UseNet.

Beware though: If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

To avoid such unnecessary hassle, we suggest installing background application program C:\YES DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Other useful programs include C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you may have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the operating system will return to normal.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high-maintenance. Consider buying additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. We recommend Flowers 3.1 and Diamonds 24K. Do not, under any circumstances, install Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
Tech Support
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:37   Link #3453
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Boy Techy View Post
Ha! Someone just posted a variant of this the other day on TennSpeed.
The joke itself has probably been around the internet world a gazillion times and may be 5 or 10 years old....

However... there's always a new set of eyeballs to "discover it" and raise it from the dead.

Its still fairly funny as a geek gag though...
Old 2009-01-17, 01:46   Link #3454
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Hu$band?! Who the hell uses Hu$band?! And you fruity Wife 10.5 users aren't any better!

I highly recommend throwing all that away, and using BestFriends 8.10 and TwoDGirls 11. They're free, open source, and there are highly supportive online communities. You can freely customize appearances, install as many as you want, copy to your friends, and it doesn't involve any backdoor crap such as Golf Clubs.

Forget the $$$ and embrace the world of open-source.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:54   Link #3455
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I would like to remind all users not to use Alpha versions of Girlfriend. These versions are unauthorized leaks and downloading them will result in severe legal penalties.

Not that some East Asian versions of Girlfriend often look like Alpha versions, even when they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies
I highly recommend throwing all that away, and using BestFriends 8.10 and TwoDGirls 11. They're free, open source, and there are highly supportive online communities. You can freely customize appearances, install as many as you want, copy to your friends, and it doesn't involve any backdoor crap such as Golf Clubs.
TwoDGirls 11 has awesome graphics, particularly with the nekomimi or miko expansions, but the force feedback effects are very lacking. I was forced to simulate these effects myself.
Old 2009-01-17, 02:43   Link #3456
cuteycindyhoney

A new mix!

cuteycindyhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 03:22   Link #3457
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Partition hard drive and dual boot
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 03:28   Link #3458
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I'm thinking of switching from Girl with Glasses 1.0 to Girlfriend 1.0. Does anyone have some advice on this matter? I'm kind of worried that I'm going to screw things up.
Old 2009-01-17, 04:03   Link #3459
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Partition hard drive and dual boot
Make sure they don't share the same hard drive. They might corrupt each other and then you'll lose everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I would like to remind all users not to use Alpha versions of Girlfriend. These versions are unauthorized leaks and downloading them will result in severe legal penalties.
Your point? I've been pirating multiple copies of every version and so far nothing has happe
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 06:27   Link #3460
Clarste
Human

On the other hand, adding version numbers onto the ends of words quickly loses its humor value.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor