AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 05:28   Link #54401
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

^ is that still about IS?

EDIT:

And also, anyone can dig me out of this rut?
Old 2014-08-14, 05:31   Link #54402
demino_hellsin
That one guy

depends. Maybe we're in the same rut? Or is it the one rut where you can't think productively of idols and just see the frills and busy schedules? and the moe?

I'm in the I-don't-wanna-edit/rewrite-multiple-drafts rut.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 05:35   Link #54403
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
And also, anyone can dig me out of this rut?

...well, you asked!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 05:48   Link #54404
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
depends. Maybe we're in the same rut? Or is it the one rut where you can't think productively of idols and just see the frills and busy schedules? and the moe?

I'm in the I-don't-wanna-edit/rewrite-multiple-drafts rut.
I'm in between the "HowtheheckdidIwritethiscolorfulgrimdarkfic" and the "timetoabandonficbutwhataboutthewastedtext!!" ruts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

...well, you asked!
...touche.

Actually, I'm eyeing The Infinite Stratos as a means of starting afresh. It's like Infinite Stratos except everyone at least has half a brain, the story is being written by a Nasu/Kamachi team-up, the images by CHOCO, the music by ELEMENTS GARDEN, and script by Yoshida Rieko. It will feature a combined canon and OC cast pieced together to form a coherent story. And contains a Nana Mizuki character.

And that's where I'm completely stuck.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-08-14 at 05:59.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 05:59   Link #54405
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Just enjoy it, despite not making sense. Just enjoy the fact you can write nonsense and make it sound awesome.

As for wasted text. Just delete it or post it before you can think twice. Regret happens but it's closure that's important XD
Old 2014-08-14, 06:00   Link #54406
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It would be the 3rd complete rewrite of Vandam I though.
Old 2014-08-14, 06:07   Link #54407
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The most desperate thing is write another draft. Find something to put it behind you if you can't deal with it. I've done it. And now I'm starting a little library of drafts myself just like you are. And in the most messed up in scattered genres.

Okay so maybe not messed up but still pretty fr from what you'd think of.
Old 2014-08-14, 06:25   Link #54408
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Fuck pacing, Imma wrapping the entire reverse-cinderella arc in a single chapter

... or two, but what the hell, filler can always follow later.
Old 2014-08-14, 06:30   Link #54409
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The Infinite Stratos I feel that the idea lacks... muchness. Something to hold itself together. A core. It is the most accurate depiction and balance pass of the canon characters, but somewhere along the way, the magic just got lost.

Vandam I was solid but eventually it really is just a dark humor fic painted in bright colors. In trying to be different, I ended up right where I started.

Uchikengers' attempt at "magic" Infinite Stratos was a distracted mess of Symphogear meets Samurai Girls.

The Black Rabbits Omnibus is just front and center a ridiculous warfic featuring IS and Schwarzhase at their day jobs of being complete and utter "Everything is Cooler in German" Blitzedegen Ubermencsh badasses, canon depiction be damned. Trippy but I have NO idea how to integrate it into the canon world. Might even have been a propaganda video series produced by the Schwarzehase "Idols". :/

Erika Weber and Mjolnir feels forced because literally she was recruited into my work because of her links to Vulkan Weber, the Dunois saga, and her voice actress.

I stare at this blank slate, trying to distill all that awesomeness and put it in one place, and I am failing utterly at it.
Old 2014-08-14, 06:36   Link #54410
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Slow it down, keep rewriting. If you're not happywith what you have. God knows I've been doing as much. Might have to redo a 11k word chapter just because I messed up the second half. Gods I don't want to T_T

I really want to write my other crossover ideas.
Old 2014-08-14, 06:38   Link #54411
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> 11k chapter

And I thought mine are overboard
Old 2014-08-14, 06:45   Link #54412
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

... After much painful thinking, I've finally decided to make Infinitus Potentia an original story. Half-original: There would be cue of Infinite Stratos, Gundam, 7 Samurai, Appleseed,... And anything I see fit. A weird thing that is I couldn't think of any other name for the protagonist other than "Ichika".

Anyway, back to the business. Tell me, what is the most thing you ever want to be written in an one-shot?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 07:05   Link #54413
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I just wish Ichika could fucking carry my story. He's in the perfect position for it. He occupies the fucking slot given to Kamijyou Touma. He could be SO MUCH MORE.

However, making him the Carry means I have to change him somehow, or he just can't carry! He's the quintiessential Pudge who went mid and can't fucking hook for nuts!!

YES I JUST IMPLIED MY ENTIRE FUCKING STRATOVERSE IS BEING COCKBLOCKED BY A STOCK ICHIKA!! AUGH!!!
Old 2014-08-14, 07:13   Link #54414
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
I think at the very least we've all agreed that Izuru's colleagues are basically carrying the team. Izuru's like that one pudge who went mid and can't hook for crap.
Quote:
I just wish Ichika could fucking carry my story. He's in the perfect position for it. He occupies the fucking slot given to Kamijyou Touma. He could be SO MUCH MORE.

However, making him the Carry means I have to change him somehow, or he just can't carry! He's the quintiessential Pudge who went mid and can't fucking hook for nuts!!

YES I JUST IMPLIED MY ENTIRE FUCKING STRATOVERSE IS BEING COCKBLOCKED BY A STOCK ICHIKA!! AUGH!!!
...did you just quote me? O.o?

I long gave up on stock Ichika. Except if I'm going with isolated japan idea just a little bit before. Breaking the good guy XD
Old 2014-08-14, 07:13   Link #54415
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

But more seriously, if you can't stick with stock Ichika... that's that.
Old 2014-08-14, 07:26   Link #54416
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
...did you just quote me? O.o?

I long gave up on stock Ichika. Except if I'm going with isolated japan idea just a little bit before. Breaking the good guy XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

But more seriously, if you can't stick with stock Ichika... that's that.
Yes I can't because the other changes -- Dan's existence on campus... his ability to beat everyone with a kendo stick but 'suck' at IS because of his strange, totally perfect 50% sync rate that is explained later in the story... remodelling all the "Newtype Reaction" scenes... his actual giving of useful advice... his occasional preaching... even the renai moments and reactions to other people and even his perfectly justified desire to become a salaryman -- stop making sense.

At least until I get some flash of inspiration.

And so, I stare at this blank slate... UNLIMITED PAGE WORKS
Old 2014-08-14, 16:22   Link #54417
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I tried to do something with IS but the more I thought about it, the more it resembled nearly every other 'Highshcool AU'/'Soul Eater'-esque story out there. So I threw in a scene similar to the beginning of GitS:SAC.

Right now, my creativity is in a highly volatile state but it doesn't know were to go. It's being torn between IS, Rosario+Vampire, RWBY, and just general fight scenes in my head that I can't get out.
Old 2014-08-15, 05:00   Link #54418
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I see why now.

Everything I write Ichika and someone/something, it turns out quite good.

BUT HE IS COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER D:

Orz
Old 2014-08-15, 10:20   Link #54419
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
I have a dream.

Chains. An uncountable number of them.

Red in rust, but still unbreakeable to me.

All weave into a net that spread on an infinite area.

I could see it. I could see each link of them. I could see even the tiniest convex and concave on the surface.

And an ant crawling aimlessly on it...

---

"Doctor, you're sick."

Chloe just pointed out a scientific contradiction. The possibility of Tabane Shinonono caught a disease was that of one divided by zero. Undeterminate, for she was human, but not in the strictest sample of a 2n=64 specie. Nanites that were infused into every cell, every fiber of her being would act similar to leukocytes, terminating the external impurity. If it was described on a Cartesian coordinate graph, the chance would be an asymptote.

But here she was. Looking down, in all of its meaning. Her hair, which was usually smooth as Chinese Silk, now hard and spiked...
Any critic? Experimenting something new.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 17:47   Link #54420
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Any critic? Experimenting something new.
Kinda, but I like to keep tabane how she is, because I dont want myself pulling the "MUH OC SO GUD BECURRRSE HE/SHE IS CLOOSSSEEE TO TABANEEEEEEEE."

But, putting my preferences aside, have at it. Im usually open to bending characters for custom development.
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest