AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 23:01   Link #2941
Eratas123

They're not named. They're just random students. Please don't make the battle too long and don't forget that he has to lose or else the story ends.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 23:28   Link #2942
Eratas123

@ Zero- How much interference can a shield take before temporarily jamming? Need this for Irish's and Maximillians segment.
Old 2011-10-14, 23:29   Link #2943
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post

@Detective- So you're a ladies man eh? I guess that explains it.
Maybe, but it's more likely to be the insane amount of ninja-ing.

I hold <Ren> entirely responsible.
Old 2011-10-14, 23:38   Link #2944
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hoo hah

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-10-14 at 23:53.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 23:59   Link #2945
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hoo hah
How many units are in IS academy? Don't wanna go over the limit here.
Old 2011-10-15, 00:24   Link #2946
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I guess it's around 30-40s, considering about 20+ Uchigane can be seen in the field most of the time and there's AT THE LEAST 5 Raphael used by Instructors (one by Yamada, the Four was often seen doing their job being useless, both in first Golem attack and Gospel rampage) and 3 Raphael that Students used for training in V2.
Old 2011-10-15, 00:52   Link #2947
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
SO it's really Rau Le Creuset vs Mwu La Flaga??
Ange: The disguise is so transparent, she doesn't need a mask!

Riz: 'cuse me.

Quote:
Sounds like a barrel of laughs I hope she can stay sane staying in the same room as Karon and Amnesiac!Irish.
Spoiler for Her reaction:

Quote:
Except that the design STILL makes no sense whatsoever, being bottom heavy and all.

(Add the fact as Eratas said, it was rule of Sexy, hell, it was said as DEFENSE TYPE, yet the top is showing the glorious boobs, even Blue Tears is better in that department and they still ad Black-colored protection cloth in it)
They are best at hovering, that's how they were built. But doesn't preclude them from flying in my books.

Quote:
Hence why I create the distinct type of Hover Optimized

JETSUTSUREEMUATTAKU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Ichika: "They can't be serious...right?"

Charu: "Saa..." (Shrugs)

Uchigane Girl #1: "We'll get him this time!"

Uchigane Girl #2: "Nobody mocks us, the Tri-Stars!"

Uchigane Girl #3: "Let's go!"

All 3 Uchigane Girls: "JET STREAM ATTACK!!!"

Ichika: (Sidesteps, the Uchigane girls crash into a wall again)

Houki: "...those idiots are making m feel ill."
Riz lands beside the pile of Uchigane.

Uchigane Girl #2 looked up and groaned, "What are you doing here, Riz?"

"I came to laugh at you," Shiyi said while admiring the crater they managed to put into the dura-titanium concrete wall. "And call me Riselle!"

~~~Meister Babylon's SOAPBOX MOMENT~~~

You guys probably can tell by now that I am biased towards the MPIS and non-canon girls and characters. Call it Playing Against The Stereotype, but as one talented pilot once said, "a superior unit has its limits when it comes up against a superior pilot!"

This is why you see in my work where 1 ace fighter pilot took down 3 low-rank IS, and ace MPIS routinely take down Personals when they pick ill-advised fights.

The Uchigane is a rather poorly designed IS, I'm not dodging that fact. It is however much more capable than a lot of other things out there, and its defenses render it relatively immune to non-IS Munchers. Built for close-combat, the Uchigane ironically excels at mid-ranged combat, where its armor (and fanonically, the directional shield facing) protecting it from attacks weakened by range, and its very stability allowing the pilot to use heavy weapons with even less recoil. As an MPIS, it is easy to maintain, cheap to build, and has a range of Equalizers to choose from. All this further improves how deadly an Uchigane can be when customized and utilized properly. Most enemies will survive the assault weapon fire from an Uchigane, but then it has a vibro-katana for finishing off the weakened foe.

But if you just grab the machine off the shelf and charge in swords drawn, you'd just crash and burn before you even get into range. So it takes a certain kind of piloting style to make it work...

...which is the case for Riselle and the Senshiki, an Uchigane with an impressive score when the only discernible difference between it and other Uchigane, is the foil gold paint. Riz's Muncher and Special Issue Ammunition? Well that's all Equalizer stuff, I'm talking about the suit here.

Soapbox over.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-10-15 at 01:04.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 01:06   Link #2948
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I take a healthy dose of diazepam when I read that soapbox. Then again, Yamada is an MPIS user.

Uchigane not necessarily portrayed as bad, In Canon, it was very popular unit.

Spoiler for My Soapbox:
Old 2011-10-15, 01:16   Link #2949
Eratas123

@ Zero-Rafael Revive is best in my opinion considering the fact that it's the most versatile unit of them all.

@ Meister-MPIS can beat personal IS pilots but they're beaten by the badass normals Irish and Maximillian for example are smart enough to use their weakness of electricity and hack them if necessary.
Old 2011-10-15, 01:21   Link #2950
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero-Rafael Revive is best in my opinion considering the fact that it's the most versatile unit of them all.
The best in overall sense, but if an user of Personal I.S. can maximize it's superiority and compensate it's weakness/flaws, Personal I.S. can still triumph.

Quote:
@ Meister-MPIS can beat personal IS pilots but they're beaten by the badass normals Irish and Maximillian for example are smart enough to use their weakness of electricity and hack them if necessary.
Indeed, because Personal I.S. is full of flaws, thus easier to exploit by superior enemy pilot with well balanced machine.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-10-15 at 01:31.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 01:32   Link #2951
Eratas123

Quote:
The best in overall sense, but if an user of Personal I.S. can maximize it's superiority and compensate it's weakness/flaws, Personal I.S. can still triumph.

Indeed, because Personal I.S. is full of flaws, thus easier to exploit by superior enemy pilot.
I was talking about Charlottes Rafael Revive Mk.II since in a real fight it would be the most valuabale considering the arsenal it has.

Superior enemy pilots? Is Maximillian a pilot then? I thought he was a teacher only.

@Detective-I just read your review How severe are my typos?

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-15 at 01:47.
Old 2011-10-15, 01:47   Link #2952
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I was talking about Charlottes Rafael Revive Mk.II since in a real fight it would be the most valuabale considering the arsenal it has.

Superior enemy pilots? Is Maximillian a pilot then? I thought he was a teacher only.
Spoiler for Rants:
Old 2011-10-15, 01:49   Link #2953
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Max isn't a pilot, he's a tactical forecaster.

But yes, give any of my chosen 5 heroines and their maintenance crews a personal unit, let them keep their usual level of teamwork, they'd be fucking unstoppable...

...(like in the final arc of Karon's adventures... where I literally threw all sense of common and balance out the window for space combat hi-jinks)

So yeah, the MPIS is actually a hidden nerf on my part to keep them on the same level as the rest of the cast...

And yes, I know I made my characters Sues. It was actually my attempt to replace the shallow girls of canon with people I'd like to watch using the technology that the author created. I didn't care about whether it sat well with the audience, I merely entertained myself.

Hence, my writing style usually puts people off, so I understand where you are coming from. Sorry about this, Zero.
Old 2011-10-15, 01:55   Link #2954
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You still had that impression that Personal I.S. is 3 times better than MPIS?

Anyway, I'm out of cash to pay internet cafe, see ya.
Old 2011-10-15, 02:04   Link #2955
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Its not an impression, it was stated by the author, which I seriously feel is an oversight on his behalf. Yeah sure, you want a reason to send 5 idiots into battle with a berserk unit... It only shows that you didn’t think about the whole thing before writing!!

Even without that, I'm sending 1 3G and 4 2G MPIS units again 3G, even 4G villains and opponents with personal units. The generations alone dictate a different in power levels so a fight will always be a challenge. It is by using Battlestar Galactica reasonable scifi and balanced characters that I can push 2G and their 'old' solid slugger weapons to challenge the inefficient 3Gs and woefully piloted 4Gs.

(This is why I prefer the Rafale's design, and the Schwarz' railgun. The railgun to me is the greatest weapon of them all, a solid slug fired from a platform with enough power to make it work. Beams r koolzors, but impractical. There's better ways to apply that... like a Railgun.)

Hence I based my entire crusade against the wrongs of IS canon around all the flaws in direction, looking for and using every single loop hole I can find and ultimately using the 'worse' units to kick the asses of the 'best' using skill, choreography and teamwork.

I don't use much common sense, however, considering I'm so drugged up I don't really have any.

*snuggles Schwarz-type IS*
Old 2011-10-15, 02:09   Link #2956
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Max isn't a pilot, he's a tactical forecaster.

But yes, give any of my chosen 5 heroines and their maintenance crews a personal unit, let them keep their usual level of teamwork, they'd be fucking unstoppable...

...(like in the final arc of Karon's adventures... where I literally threw all sense of common and balance out the window for space combat hi-jinks)

So yeah, the MPIS is actually a hidden nerf on my part to keep them on the same level as the rest of the cast...

And yes, I know I made my characters Sues. It was actually my attempt to replace the shallow girls of canon with people I'd like to watch using the technology that the author created. I didn't care about whether it sat well with the audience, I merely entertained myself.

Hence, my writing style usually puts people off, so I understand where you are coming from. Sorry about this, Zero.
Um, How strong are they compared to the male OC's? None of them are Pilots (Except Inami) and they fight unpredictably.

Here's a list:

Kyuukai: Fights using Anti-IS weaponry and cannot be Mind-read

Octans: Engineer who's ridiculously fast.

Irish: Uses Agility and conventional weaponry to fight, cannot be Mind-read

Inami: Armored suit pilot.
Old 2011-10-15, 02:10   Link #2957
DarkJak2050

Uhh guys. I know this may come out of nowhere but...

How's the pacing to Project Silverback? Is it going too slow, too fast? Is it being dragged or rushed?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 02:13   Link #2958
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

@Jak: I feel it's a bit...clunky. I can't explain fully, but that's how it feels at the moment. Parts of it feel like a summary more than a story, and I'm having trouble absorbing the way the story goes.

Quote:
you want a reason to send 5 idiots into battle with a berserk unit...
Author: "The winner gets cake!"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 02:22   Link #2959
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

My take on IS vs normals: take them head-on, you’re being an idiot. Either avoid them (Octans), or go in a roundabout fashion (Irish). The best is to get IS to fight for you (Maximillan.) If you must fight yourself, expect it to cost you. But you can win if you bring enough bodies (Kajie and SQN515).

Same principle when MPIS go against Personals, or different generations battle head-on. If pilot skill is equal both sides, bring enough bodies cos you’re gonna lose a few in the fight no matter what you do (Villain VS Shooting Star). If there's terrain, use it! (Maximillan) If you can make the enemy fight at your terms, do so! (Maximillan) Memorize the Sun Zi Art of War, it helps (Maximillan). Set traps (Riz), make ambushes (Tio), play dirty (Riz), use your strengths (Erika and Celeste) and work with your teammates (Karon). Don't forget your IS are sentient too (Vandam Imouto), sometimes they may do that little something which can make or break a match (RaionRobo GATTAI!)

But if pilot skill is not equal, you can have a one-sided affair, or a pilot completely wasting her advantage (any OC against any CC really, since we all designed them with adequate brains.)

Which is really annoying with IS as a setting. Any characters we design with reasonable skill and talent become Sues because given the same equipment as canon they would proceed to wtfstomp the CCs.

Well, except Tatenashi. Then again, she's the only CC I respect. Madoka just has a ridiculously teched-up unit with an overused character setting.

(My favorite workaround is having the students watch ISPL matches. With 2 graduates in Personal IS with properly tuned competitive technology, the skies the limit!)

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-10-15 at 02:40.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 02:44   Link #2960
Eratas123

Quote:
My take on IS vs normals: take them head-on, you’re being an idiot. Either avoid them (Octans), or go in a roundabout fashion (Irish). The best is to get IS to fight for you (Maximillan.) If you must fight yourself, expect it to cost you. But you can win if you bring enough bodies (Kajie and SQN515).

Same principle when MPIS go against Personals, or different generations battle head-on. If pilot skill is equal both sides, bring enough bodies cos you’re gonna lose a few in the fight no matter what you do (Villain VS Shooting Star). But if pilot skill is not equal, you can have a one-sided affair, or a pilot completely wasting her advantage (any OC against any CC really, since we all designed them with adequate brains.)

Which is really annoying with IS as a setting. Any characters we design with reasonable skill and talent become Sues because given the same equipment as canon they would proceed to wtfstomp the CCs.

Well, except Tatenashi. Then again, she's the only CC I respect. Madoka just has a ridiculously teched-up unit with an overused character setting.

(My favorite workaround is having the students watch ISPL matches. With 2 graduates in Personal IS with properly tuned competitive technology, the skies the limit!)
None of the male OC's (Except Kyuukai) fight the IS head on, This was shown in the draft where Irish lured Karon under the power station and even took Erika hostage. He didn't fight any unitw head on and chose to be pragmatic about it.

The CC's weakness can be justified by the fact that the machines they're using are supposed to be glorified sports uniforms. Tatenashi, on the other hand, is part of a "secret organization" and was given actual training. Laura has no excuse though.

One of The Five ISpers greatest advantage stems from the fact that they can "understand" their units and read minds. This makes opponents that can neutralize either extremely dangerous.

Even without these they are extremely dangerous and can probably take out most experts, especially with someonelike Maximillian doing their battle plans.

Side note- How good of a strategist is Maximillian? Irish can strategize since he's been fighting and picking up things from a young age but it's mostly about guerilla tactics and situational advantage.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest