Notices

Old 2004-04-07, 12:51   Link #21
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
i dont paintball...but i airsoft

http://www.pbase.com/mcn5/inbox

gun of choice is my tokyo marui steyr aug special receiver internally upgraded to 420+ fps
as such, it took a hit to the scope covers and i need to get another one from a hunting store =/

ive been paintballing once, airsofting once every 2 weeks or so
i dunno...airsoft has held me for a longer time than paintball

on the average, airsoft pellets hurt less than paintball...but ive seen people shot up real bad....bleeding doesnt stop for a day or so..
aaand...there is always this poor guy which serves as a reminder to us not to go full auto in close combat

upgraded guns close range = baaaad

HahahahHAhahhahahAHhahahah.

Airsoft. Ahahahahahahahahahhahaha.

Airsoft... lol
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:08   Link #22
RichMan
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
i went paint ball once and MAN did it hurt like hell..
i think id better find a different venue or just not go again...
Well, that happens if you leave yourself open or your not working as a team. Do Metal Gear Solid stuff. By that, I mean, hide. Then peek out from corners. Be creative, whatever helps you.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:00   Link #23
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
HahahahHAhahhahahAHhahahah.

Airsoft. Ahahahahahahahahahhahaha.

Airsoft... lol
paintball
ahahahaahaha.....

yknow...its the paintballers that are the immature pricks over here

i guess its the same thing all over eh?
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:20   Link #24
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
paintball
ahahahaahaha.....

yknow...its the paintballers that are the immature pricks over here

i guess its the same thing all over eh?
I'm sorry, why are you calling paintball players "immature pricks?"
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:28   Link #25
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Mwyc: I still don't get exactly what wnkyro was implying in his post, but that was uncalled for. Does it offend you that much? Get a life. You remind me of those guys who whine and curse when they die in Counter-Strike.

I've never been airsofting, so I wouldn't know. It looks fun.
IMO Paintball is cheaper to start, but more expensive to maintain.
Airsoft is more expensive to start, but less expensive to maintain.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 16:30   Link #26
MwyC

read his post
do i really have to spell it out?

but let me count the ways...
not having barrel plugs in safezone...throwing paintballs in the parking lot...looking down their barrels...and...this is the best - hosing down a bystander in the safezone starting from the waist to the chest..but "its not his fault, the safety and barrel plug are on"
mix in with numerous other incidents like shots being fired in the rental area
and that case involving paintballers and drive by shootings...

well i guess posting something stupid like that wouldnt qualify him for immature prick status, but stupidly bashing airsoft like that without any reason earns him 1/2 of that

at least 80% of paintballers are kids who are like city slicker hunters - "huur's mah money, so gimme a gun and ammo so i kin shoot stuff"
Old 2004-04-07, 16:38   Link #27
MwyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
Mwyc: I still don't get exactly what wnkyro was implying in his post, but that was uncalled for. Does it offend you that much? Get a life. You remind me of those guys who whine and curse when they die in Counter-Strike.

sigh....that saying, "get a life" has to be one of the stupidest phrases ever coined
how do i remind you of those CS nerds?

and yes....that second paragraph is pretty much all true...
but you can always go nuts and spend 2 grand on one gun, paintball or airsoft
Old 2004-04-07, 16:59   Link #28
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
read his post
do i really have to spell it out?

but let me count the ways...
not having barrel plugs in safezone...throwing paintballs in the parking lot...looking down their barrels...and...this is the best - hosing down a bystander in the safezone starting from the waist to the chest..but "its not his fault, the safety and barrel plug are on"
mix in with numerous other incidents like shots being fired in the rental area
and that case involving paintballers and drive by shootings...

well i guess posting something stupid like that wouldnt qualify him for immature prick status, but stupidly bashing airsoft like that without any reason earns him 1/2 of that

at least 80% of paintballers are kids who are like city slicker hunters - "huur's mah money, so gimme a gun and ammo so i kin shoot stuff"
Everything you've seen Paintball players do I've seen Airsoft player do as well...
  • I've seen Airsoft players shoot up a person's car "by accident"
  • I've been shot in the back of the neck by an Airsoft player who didn't think his gun was loaded in the safe zone (it left a nice scar and I had to have the pellet removed surgically)
  • I've seen Airsoft players unload on a passing crowd of Paintball players because they didn't want to share the same playing field.
  • I've replaced my visor lens six times because of it being shot by Airsoft players in the safe zones
  • I've seen Airsoft player interfere in a paintball competetion, costing the team favoured to win the victory.
I can go on... but you get the point.

You've seen plenty of stupid paintball players, I've seen just as many stupid Airsoft players.

80% of all paintball players are kids?! Where do you get this information? I've been playing paintball for seven years, with the exception of one or two people who got their's in the end, I have yet to meet these "huur's mah money, so gimme a gun and ammo so i kin shoot stuff" people you seem to think everybody is.

Paintball and Airsoft are basically the same. The only difference is that at the end of the day, I go home and have a shower while you disinfect your wounds.
Old 2004-04-07, 17:07   Link #29
MwyC

thats how paintball is over here
kids...and lots of them...and the refs dont seem to have the guts to confront most of the offenders
it sounds different where you play, but ive been to numerous paintball fields and that is what i have observed
airsofters have that 18+ group playing and I have had no incidents like what you have described
Old 2004-04-07, 17:20   Link #30
Access

It's not for everyone b'cos of the pain and the fear/terror of being hit or being shot at in general. Just as not everyone can enjoy a thrill ride at a local amusement park or a terror / horror movie. IMO it's too much for the common person, it takes a certain mindset to enjoy the thrill and challenge of trying to shoot others while you are under fire yourself. Hence the ridicule some feel compelled to express.

For some of us, it's great exercise, great fun, and it's honestly not that expensive if you take the time to learn fire discipline and the effective range of your weapon.

As far as complaints, some fields are good, some aren't. Once a field gets labelled as having bad refs, that's where all the cheaters go b'cos that's where they can get away with it. At this point you have to either stick with private groups (of people you trust or invite-only) or find another field if you are lucky enough to have many choices in your town.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 18:12   Link #31
RichMan
????

[QUOTE=Access]It's not for everyone b'cos of the pain and the fear/terror of being hit or being shot at in general. Just as not everyone can enjoy a thrill ride at a local amusement park or a terror / horror movie.[QUOTE]

This is what seperates the men from the boys(or the steroid-pumped dikes from the girls. LOL, j/k). You must be fearless!
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 18:20   Link #32
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Speaking of getting hit, I got hit in the shoulder once. Hurt a bit.

Second, it didn't hurt since I was wearing the facemask, but I got shot in the face once too.
DAMN that must have hurt i, at the end of one of the games some jerk shot me in the ass and him and his mates where laughing but i didnt show the pain :P
i went home with some bruises..
BOO HOOO...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
Well, that happens if you leave yourself open or your not working as a team. Do Metal Gear Solid stuff. By that, I mean, hide. Then peek out from corners. Be creative, whatever helps you.
the venue i went to was quite shabby, there wasnt many hiding places i know it sounds dumb but im being serious and as a scared girly the most i did was hide..
LOL..:P
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 18:23   Link #33
SirJeannot
AT Field

i play softair/airsoft with that thing

sexy uh?

we play various scenarios with pps from my association. i take part in writing stories for special events (week ends, holidays, i mean a real storyline for more phun ), creating accessories (i work on a FAKE bomb right now).
i've been playing for two years. the only annoying things is when people get much too serious about it :/
Old 2004-04-07, 18:38   Link #34
MwyC

oooh thats quite nice
im guessing a TM mp5a5sd?
yeah...for me, its fun first
there are two clubs in my immediate area and i dont play as much with one of them since they are bit over the top in seriousness
Old 2004-04-07, 18:45   Link #35
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Went paintballing once at what was probably one of the very few paintball venues in Singapore. (Don't ask me where, I forget. It was part of a country club/golf course, though.)

The guns were... weak, to say the least. I got hit several times, but the pellets just kind of bounced off. Didn't hurt a lot.

Zeroing the paintball guns was also kind of pointless. Not so much a straight line as a definite arc.

Having said that, it was one of the more fun times of my life. Although I would give anything for a rematch, especially after the opposing team ran out of ammo, but kept on squeezing the trigger (and making the firing noise) to keep us under cover until time ran out...
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 19:15   Link #36
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
It's sad but all the places i've played paintball at had there share of punks. The field i play at now dont take any shit and kicks people out if they act stupid. They tend not to come back after that so right now we have a pretty good group of aout 30-50 people that play. I've never really had a hit that hurt to much or left a scar, even tho i play in shorts and a t shirt sometimes. i've been hit in the nuts a few times from a fair distance so it dint hurt to much. The worst shot i took would have to be in the fingers, me and the other guy came around the bunker at the same time i let off about 6-10 into his neck and he got me 6 times in the fingers his barrel was touching my finger, left marks for a good 3 weeks.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 21:20   Link #37
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I either play outdoor, there is a nice 100 acre paintball/airsoft field not to far
away, or I play technical one on one at a converted warehouse. The outdoor
place is one of the best, they have nearly every terrain could want to play on
including a small abandoned town. ^^;

For the indoor my marker rifle can't be used, indoor limits the psi to 1200 (the
marker is 3000 psi @ 98ci ^_-), so the weapons of choice are:

(Core Zx Pistol)

I have two black ones. I've changed the grips and triggers on mine and
removed the standard semi-auto setting (semi-auto sucks when you don't
have that many shots per clip to begin with). I've also modified the CO2
cartridge adapter to make it easier to switch CO2 cartridges and reload in a
hurry then rifled the barrel for increased acuraccy.

I have to keep them locked in a safe box because without the clips on the top
they actually look like real handguns. I have two holsters (one for each
leg) and about ten extra clips for each gun. For outdoor and general use:

(Kapp KXS Autococker the marker - mine's red >.>)

Once again I changed the grip and trigger assembly then changed all the seals
and valves configurating it to run off N2 instead of CO2. After modifying the
tank adapter is now holds the larger 3000 psi tanks instead of the little 800 psi
ones >.> I also purchased two barrels for it (one 14", the other 21" - both are
rifled for accuracy), a top mount sight and a removable shoulder brace. The
marker's awesome accuracy, silent operation and speed make it the perfect
weaon for picking off opponents at long range.
Old 2004-04-07, 22:10   Link #38
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno

You hit it straight on the dot when you said it's hard to maintain piantballing because it is. You probably will go through $20+ just for a day of piantballing. It sucks, but it's worth the fun

Edit: You have some nice guns there Mr. Paper. They look like semi-automatics (where the gun only shoots one at a time). I usually have my snigma7 (another custom side gun) with me incase my automatic runs out. Are those guns you have used for regular play or back up?
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 23:31   Link #39
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
paintballing was the most thrilling xperience ive ever had, id go again if i wasnt so lazy.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 00:08   Link #40
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I use the handguns as the primary weapon in one on one matches. The narrow corridoors and tight corners favor the use of the handguns indoors. I know some people that simply remove the barrels from their rifles and use them indoors. Although that gives them the ability to fire off more rounds, their relative accuracy sucks. I have been in and seen many matches in the indoor arena that end within three seconds of the start buzzer. (quickdraw )

I have done a number of indoor matches using my marker and both hand guns, the marker being used only in the beginning to try and get a quick victory. I don't use the handguns outdoors that mush since it's a pain to try and clean dirt out of them (it isn't fun trying to disassemble and reassemble them).

I removed the semi-auto ability from the handguns, it confuses some people, and made it so that I have to release then repull the trigger between shots.

pull trigger -> shoot -> release trigger -> pull trigger -> shoot

This is because the handguns chamber and recharge from the force of the previous shot, if your not careful you can actually fire off an entire clip in under a few seconds. Not good since that leaves you wide open to be shot while reloading.