AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 10:04   Link #1
Kentaaoki

Slice of Life-Romance suggestions

Hello, this is my first post in the forum, and I'm writing this without even modifying my profile.
As you may tell by the title I'm a lover of slice of life, drama, romantic anime, and I would like some reccomendations as I have run out of series to watch.
This is a brief list of the animes I've liked most and some descriptions on why I liked them:
-Toradora: I simply loved the pace of the show, and how they took their time to unfold the story, plus i love tsunderes.
-Shakugan no Shana: same as above, plus i like main characters to evolve and reviews their ways
-Zero no Tsukaima: Probably the most light-hearted of the listed, but I liked it nevertheless
-spice and wolf: totally loved it, one of my personal favourites. It was really soothing. Have read the light novels
-welcome to the NHK: loved the theme, and character development

As you can see none of the series are way to serious. I would love something like a high-school, or college anime, with a lot of romance and/or drama, with a more serious tone. The most important aspect would be romance.
I would like to thank you in advance, you don't know how much you might be helping me
Kentaaoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 14:11   Link #2
wolfbankai
*Graphic Designer

i could think only of Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
but you can try also Full Metal Panic its mecha type.
wolfbankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 14:52   Link #3
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Clannad, Clannad:Afterstory, the best slice of life- romance
Old 2012-10-09, 20:16   Link #4
Siphine
The Dreamer

ecchi or no ecchi? if you don't know what that is then its when they use fan service (pantsu) and other things around that, but no downright sex going on. Well after i said that if you dont mind ecchi then ladies vs butlers (extreme ecchi) or school days is ok, just a few pantsu shots, even if the ending is f***ed up, if you do mind ecchi then suzuka is ok to watch instead
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 20:23   Link #5
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Now this is my area of expertise. I would recommend:
Peach Girl
Bokura Ga Ita
(has sex so beware)
Aishiteruze Baby
Lovely Complex
Rosario and Vampire
(echhi)

These are all in school life, has lots of drama and romance with a serious tone especially Peach Girl and Bokura Ga Ita.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:59   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Cross Game
Clannad
Maison Ikkoku
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Kimi Ni Todoke

Those should be enough to get you started

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:46   Link #7
Kentaaoki

Yes I know what ecchi is, don't mind it, even more I like it. I Loved rosario + vampire, even wrote a fic. Played school days game. I kinda like crazy chicks
Kentaaoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 16:37   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaaoki View Post
As you can see none of the series are way to serious. I would love something like a high-school, or college anime, with a lot of romance and/or drama, with a more serious tone. The most important aspect would be romance.
You sound like a good candidate for Nodame Cantabile, about two young people attending a college-level classical music conservatory. You can watch it with subtitles by downloading the torrent, or watch it streamed with dubbing at Sony's Crackle site. It's a romantic comedy, but it gets more serious as the story unfolds.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:35   Link #9
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaaoki View Post
Yes I know what ecchi is, don't mind it, even more I like it. I Loved rosario + vampire, even wrote a fic. Played school days game. I kinda like crazy chicks
yeah just had to explain it in case you were new to anime XP, sorry im not very good with slice of life, more into things that arent normal XD

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote