AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-18, 06:06   Link #61
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Yeah, AnimeForever hasn't dropped Gilgamesh, the majority of the team are Gilgamesh fantatics ;P What's the hold-up? I blame Final Fantasy XI. MMORPGs are internet crack, and three members of our team took some of it in ^_^;

Just kidding. There should be a release or two soon. Sorry for the hold-up.
Old 2004-02-18, 13:16   Link #62
Bullsquat
Strange Love

So is it confirmed that it'll be 26 episodes?

By the by, u guys @ AnimeForever r doing a great job. Take your time, quality matters most of all.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:06   Link #63
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Yay! It's Tofusensei! I'm so happy that L-E isn't dropping this show. I'm still waiting for you to release episode 12. Can you tell us how it is progressing? Did you loose a translator or something?
no comment >:D

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 15:45   Link #64
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

wow, this thread is great news...I kind of assumed that Gilgamesh would be 26 episodes, but I thought perhaps the series had been dropped by atleast one of the groups doing it. THANKS AGAIN TO GROUPS SUBBING GILGAMESH! THIS IS THE BEST SERIES TO COME OUT IN THE PAST YEAR
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 22:07   Link #65
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

::sigh:: It's been like... eighteen? nineteen days?

Must...... have.... Gilgamesh!! ::drops dead:
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 05:06   Link #66
Wicked Child

Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked Child
Yes, it's been too long since we've last had a new subbed Gilgamesh. It's eating away at me! Okay so maybe it isn't but I need my Gilgamesh fix. Badly.

I've resorted to downloading the raws, despite the fact I can't understand a thing. But it's one way to see the series.

And according to the official website, the series is 26 episodes long. And we'll be seeing new people coming into it as well. They just updated the site again with a new background and wallpapers for download.
But I must say, "Thank you" to those that do sub the series because without y'all I wouldn't have become addicted.
Wicked Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 14:44   Link #67
Bullsquat
Strange Love

It's good to finally know how many total episodes there are.

I too am crazy about this show. But rather than waiting in angst every week for the new episode, I've decided to wait till the anime nears its conclusion before watching anymore. It's easier on the membrane.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 21:06   Link #68
Secca
nya`
*Artist

What do you guys think if a live action series made based on Gilgamesh anime? ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 22:18   Link #69
LinChoiSin

i wonder what's gonna happen with Madoka but i hope the recent events
will make him more determined because so far except for the dynamis i find hard to believe that he's related to Enkidu .
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 04:24   Link #70
Wicked Child

Yay! Finally more people to discuss Gilgamesh with. That makes me strangely giddy.

The animation style at first caught me off guard. I still look at the character designs and think, "Ohmygod! They have lips!!! They have honest to God lips!" And is it just me or are Gilgamesh extremely tall without wearing platforms?

In regards to the Blattaria, I can't say much other than that they can't be humans. A few others here have given their own hypothesis on what they are exactly and it seems very plausible. Considering they seem emotionless and are obedient and efficient in their tasks (killing Gilgamesh), a cyborg seems most likely. If that was in fact confirmed in a raw episode, then all the better.

Gilgamesh, from what I've gathered, are clones that were created prior to Twin X, and were subsequently "stolen" by Enkidu. The blond male Gilgamesh, Novem (I believe that's his name considering one of the other male Gilgamesh called him by that name when he "kidnapped" Kiyoko, and also the official website has a mini wallpaper gallery devoted to him which I'm thankful for), is apparently the only surviving male Gilgamesh. There are still three females to contend with and I have a feeling that Madoka is a member of the Gilgamesh as well. At least that's the impression I've gotten from watching the show.

From looking at screencaps at the official site, Novem seems to get better whether just by a natural healing ability or because he, in effect, "sees a doctor" is still uncertain. Though a part of me wonders if Kiyoko didn't have something to do with it.

Tatsuya is Enkidu's clone from what I understand and I believe it considering that father and "son" look extremely alike. In fact, so do mother and daughter (as seen in the raw of 21). For a moment I thought, "Incest!" But then it was seemingly explained (despite the fact that I didn't understand a word being said).

I'm just curious to know who Gilgamesh were cloned from. And I'm also wondering if the Orga kids aren't in some way clones themselves. I reject the alien idea right now because I haven't seen anything to really suggest it or even imply it but if any of you can clue me in by all means do! I'm still just happy that more people like this series.

Do you any of you subscribe to the "Gilgamesh are the enemy" mentality or are you still wondering who the actual enemy is? Part of me wonders if the Gilgamesh kids that were "killed" by the Blattaria were taken by the pinstripped suit guy and experimented on/with.

Also, I don't know if any of you consider what I've said spoilerish but I'm still not certain on how to hide it behind the cut (I'm too lazy to read that thread right now and I have to finish writing a lemon that's now an hour overdue) so if you have felt that you've been spoiled by my comments I sincerely apologize and a nice comment telling me so will prompt me to edit this post and hide the sections you feel are spoilers. I know it will be too late for you personally but at least you'll be helping out others who may feel the same.

By the by, do any of you know where to find the raws of 18 and 19? I'm addicted enough that I'll watch the raws and try to discern my own answers despite the language barrier. Oh and according to the official web site, there are 26 episodes.
Old 2004-02-22, 06:03   Link #71
Anlushac11

Just my .02c

The Blattaira are clones that are converted to cyborgs and are the humanoid version of the cyborg ORGA guard dogs. Thier armor is covered in the strange ore. I thought the lances used against Gilgamesh neutralized the store of anti-matter each of the kids has inside. It seemed to cause them to crystallize.

I hve two theories on the dimensional doorway.

1) The human scientists went through and saw a ruined parallel universe that was destroyed and was on the same course we were on. Madoka's father caused Twin X to cause the mutation of the human race. Diversity is the key to a races survival. History has shown that a species isolated does not evolve and is very vulnerable to any changes to its enviroemtn and will usually die out.

Enkidu is trying to force the humans to evolve to either prevent humans from going extinct by forcing their diversity in case of a catastrophe or he knows something is going to happen and is trying to prepare humanity for it.

ORGA was the attempt to do it by artifical means through gene splicing and cloning. I think the technology came from the other side of the dimensional doorway.

From here I have two theories on this line

A) There is a group represented by ORGA that wants to control humanity and subvert it to its purposes. To counter this Enkidu caused Twin X to negate ORGA's efforts, in essence power in the hands of a few can be used to control. But that same power in everyones hands would negate the ability to use that power to control.

B) Persons or entities unknown came through the dimensional doorway and "invaded" our dimension. Enkidu knows what their goal is and caused Twin X to prevent or hamper their efforts. The Glasses dude and the Blattaria(sp?) are from the other dimension and have offered their "assistance" in dealing with Gilgamesh.

2) When humans were screwing around with the dimensional doorway they screwed up and created a dimensional pocket that enclosed part of the earth.

Keep in mind that in Ancient Sumerian Mythology Gilgamesh was the King of Uruk and Enkidu was created by the Gods to be his brother. Gilgamesh and Enkidu defeated the Giant Humbaba and the Bull of heaven. Enkidu died and Gilgamesh was in mourning til he decided he did not want to die like Enkidu as he feared death.

Gilgamesh went to the Mountain of Mashu where two Scorpion men were guarding the gate that led to the garden of the gods.

The Epic of Gilgamesh has a flood story that tells that the Gods became annoyed with the noise of man and caused the flood to destroy them. But Ea caused Utnapishtim to build a boat and put on it the seeds of all life, thus mankind was spared.

Utnapishtim told Gilgamesh he would give him the secret to eternal life if he could stay awake for six days and seven nights. Gilgamesh could not and was returning to home when Utnapishtim gave Gilgamesh the gift of a plant similar to a rose with a prickle like thorns that restored youth. During his trip home Gilgamesh lost the plant fighting a sea serpent and returned to Uruk where he later died. He is supposed to still be buried in his tomb.

Basically the majority of Gilgamesh's journeys were to seek the secret to immortality.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 06:54   Link #72
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like Gilgamesh a lot since the start... and I still wonder who the real enemy is... so far the gilgamesh boys showed much humanity while the Countess showed much... inhumanity...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 04:35   Link #73
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I just finished downloading the three episodes that AF-F released.... but I just got around to watching episode 18... this episode was great... I like the appearance of other gilgamesh members... it was nice to see their powers other than shooting psychic attacks, changing into monsters and teleporting... I really liked the wind, electricity and water(?) attacks that they did to the Blattaria... things seems to be getting more interesting... hopefully, the next two eps are just as good... if only I didn't need to sleep, I'd watch em right now....
Old 2004-02-27, 08:01   Link #74
naantje
Annoyance :)

dont read unless u really really wannnnanananan , this is after ep 20

Spoiler:
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 09:15   Link #75
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I need to see the next ep now. ;_; About akachan, it has only been a couple of days (??) but with such power...wah... Tatsuya was being such a cute little brother.

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 18:00   Link #76
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Ok, so I just finished episode 20 and...damn I need more.

I really wonder where the writers are going with this incest thing, though. Will they explain it away somehow, or will they denounce it. And the ending of EP 20- gosh!

One thing that is obvious now- the subject matter of this anime continues to become darker and more mature (meaning it treats the subject matter well). There are very few animes that integrate such serious issues so well- and in the midst of a great story- it kills me how underrated this anime is.

Oh...and the whole thing in episode 20 with a certain one of the dynamis children- very interesting.
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 02:49   Link #77
Wicked Child

After watching eps 18 I got the feeling that the newest Gilgamesh represent the four elements of earth (fire, air, water, wind) to some extent. It seems rather obvious for me to say that but no one else really mentioned that so I wouldn't mind hearing anyone else's opinion on this.
Following are questions that may have spoilers throughout so I'm just going to hide it all. Just in case.

Spoiler:

I agree with wsheit though. This show is completely underrated and is one of the few anime's out there that is able to deal with dark material and subject matter maturely.

And another thing. I know keep rambling so forgive me please. But considering our theories about the Blattaria, what do we think now? After their encounter with Kiyoko, they retreated and helped carry off their injured. I find that another point of interest. What do y'all think?
Old 2004-03-04, 14:36   Link #78
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Child
[color=darkorchid]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 19:16   Link #79
choowee