AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 21:06   Link #3101
kyosak
poo

Spurs got completely outclassed by Madrid...!
We'll never know how they would have stacked up 11v11 thanks to Crouchy...
I've never seen a ref hand out 3 yellows in the first 15 minutes of a game...
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 22:17   Link #3102
justavisitor

wow, and i said inter got the best draw.....

well, man u and chelsea should have extra motivation tmr, knowing that the winner of this quarterfinal will probably go straight into the final (no offense to Schalke..but...)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 00:58   Link #3103
kyosak
poo

hey man most of us thought inter got the best draw, so you never know ...!
who knows maybe Schalke will take it all that way
ill be supporting all english clubs from this point on though!
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 02:34   Link #3104
Blaat

To be fair both of Crouch's yellow cards were deserved, but really the biggest surprise was Inter - Schalke, did anyone see Stankovich's goal? It's a beauty, still Inter losing at home against the number 10 of Germany must be very embarrassing.

Unless Barça screws it up tonight, we'll be seeing plenty of el classico this month.
Old 2011-04-06, 02:51   Link #3105
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What one of the commentators said during the Real Madrid vs Spurs match: "Well now it's up to Chelsea and Man united to bring English football to the final"

What my brother said in response:"Oh screw you, you biased English commentator. It's going to be either Barcalona or Real Madrid...

....and maybe Schalke..."
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 04:07   Link #3106
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
wow, and i said inter got the best draw.....

well, man u and chelsea should have extra motivation tmr, knowing that the winner of this quarterfinal will probably go straight into the final (no offense to Schalke..but...)
Yup, that's exactly what the fans of Inter Mailand said after the pairings were announced, too :P

People don't understand that in the Bundesliga, the differences between the teams are extremely small, and that each team can beat each other team. Besides, Schalke may currently be 10th, but they're also favorite in the German cup final, and they've always been one of Germany's top teams in the recent years. Underestimate them at your own risk.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:41   Link #3107
justavisitor

@Mentar
yeah, I know...I never thought Inter would lose like this...I don't think Schalke would mind being the underdog...they don't have any pressure and can just giving surprises to others who underestimate them XD

@Haak
Talking about the biased english commentators, when Spurs lost 4-0, I kept hearing the commentators say "Spurs don't deserve this"....I didn't watch the whole game, but I just felt the comments from the commentators are a bit weird....

And go Manchester United!!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-04-06, 15:36   Link #3108
Blaat

El Classico semi-final here we come.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:52   Link #3109
justavisitor

damn, out of all 4 matches, man u wins by the least margin...well, a win is a win I guess XD

and Barca...there is nothing I can say about that ridiculously great team...
Old 2011-04-06, 16:00   Link #3110
Blaat

ManU v Chelsea is the only second leg quarter-final they need to bother playing, the other three are pretty much decided.
Old 2011-04-07, 04:11   Link #3111
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
ManU v Chelsea is the only second leg quarter-final they need to bother playing, the other three are pretty much decided.
Agreed, but that match was so boring I wished I watched Barca's match instead. Well, it's not like it's all boring, but it's obvious that in the second half Sir Alex is just trying to protect the lead without trying to get more goals. I suppose you can say it's a testament for their defending skills (dammit, Van der Sar, must you really retire next year?), but the fact is with three English teams, they only manage to score 1 goal. Meanwhile, 2 Spanish teams score 9, 5 from Germany and 3 from Italy, and 1 from Ukraine.

I do love MU's goal though, Stankovic's was amazing but that was his own amazing effort, MU's goal was a great team combi play. Carrick's cross, followed by Giggs' great run and first touch (that guy is really 37?) and clinically finished by Rooney. Top-notch.
Old 2011-04-07, 16:21   Link #3112
Blaat

Looks like we have similar results in the Europa League.

BTW I fully agree with you on every point Saturn Beaver, I too watched Chelsea v ManU and regretted it. The Barça match looked so much better, even though the score makes it look like it was an one sided affair Shaktar had in the beginning more chances than Barça.
Old 2011-04-10, 07:30   Link #3113
Father Hentai

Now it's settled. Goodbye van Gaal:
http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fus...ge_377315.html

He's currently suspended from his trainer job at FCB. Interims is former trainer assistant.
Old 2011-04-14, 14:46   Link #3114
Mentar
Banned

Well then, on to ManU. Playing as the huge underdog is fun ^_^

Didn't expect us to fairly easily win 2:1 yet again against Inter, even without our best field player, Farfan. But hey, no complaints here.

Let's hope for two entertaining games in the semis!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:07   Link #3115
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well then, on to ManU. Playing as the huge underdog is fun ^_^

Didn't expect us to fairly easily win 2:1 yet again against Inter, even without our best field player, Farfan. But hey, no complaints here.

Let's hope for two entertaining games in the semis!
Seriously, Raul is a living legend, a real master class. Breaking MU's defenses will be tough but it will be a great match, not to mention the seven clasicos we'll be having in a year as well. It really was an entertaining quarter-finals, and the winners really established their dominance in winning both legs, and coincidentally for the second leg the scoreboard are perfectly identical as well (teams that previously win by 4 goals won 1-0, the other two win 2-1).
Old 2011-04-17, 12:11   Link #3116
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

"You mad?"

Dalglish to Wenger after the Arsenal vs Liverpool match ended...
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:21   Link #3117
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

All of Arsenal's issues were encapsulated in the Bolton game today. We'll see if the boys even show up against United.
Old 2011-04-26, 15:36   Link #3118
Blaat

One CL semi-final down, 0-2 for ManU, the result flatters Schalke IMO it could have easily been 10 nill for ManU if it weren't for poor finishing by ManU and some great saves by Neuer.

As it stands now return match will pretty much be a formality.
Old 2011-04-26, 20:31   Link #3119
justavisitor

well, remember how Schalke fared against Inter so I wouldn't count them out...but ManU needs to work on those finishes lol....should have been 5-0 at least...

well, I am happy as a Manchester United fan...now it's time to focus on Arsenal...all of a sudden Cheslea appears on the radar out of nowhere
Old 2011-04-28, 02:54   Link #3120
Blaat

Well that was an awful match last night, glad that's over with.

Tags
football, soccer