AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-05-02, 15:15   Link #141
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I like how the silly/pointless info seems to be getting the most attention so far (but alas, such is the nature of the SBS).
You're thinking about it the wrong way. The "silly pointless info" gets attention for the same reason that the fans wrote in such silly pointless questions to begin with. Just think about it, there is some fan out there that was desperate enough to know if a male using the hana hana no mi could grow multiple penises (whatever the plural of penis is) that they wrote in to Oda/Shounen Jump to find out the answer. It's almost charming when you think about it .

That being said, I have to wonder what Oda eats to produce farts that actually come out as shapes looking like clouds. He might need to see a medical doctor (or at least a dietician), because I'm pretty sure that is a sign that something is wrong with him...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:54   Link #142
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You're thinking about it the wrong way. The "silly pointless info" gets attention for the same reason that the fans wrote in such silly pointless questions to begin with. Just think about it, there is some fan out there that was desperate enough to know if a male using the hana hana no mi could grow multiple penises (whatever the plural of penis is) that they wrote in to Oda/Shounen Jump to find out the answer. It's almost charming when you think about it .

Now while that's fine and dandy and all, I just have one question for you, james: You wrote to Oda asking him about the existence of a penis fruit, didn't you? C'mon, admit you did!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 21:31   Link #143
james0246

Quote:
Now while that's fine and dandy and all, I just have one question for you, james: You wrote to Oda asking him about the existence of a penis fruit, didn't you? C'mon, admit you did!
No, but I will admit that I would have sent in one of the cards asking if all of Luffy's appendages can stretch 100 Gomus (and if Gear 3 can be used in all appendages) ...
Old 2011-05-02, 23:31   Link #144
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I have to wonder what Oda eats to produce farts that actually come out as shapes looking like clouds. He might need to see a medical doctor (or at least a dietician), because I'm pretty sure that is a sign that something is wrong with him...
Fart's did look like clouds back when they were used in old cartoon shows, so i can kinda see where Oda is coming from.
Old 2011-05-03, 15:25   Link #145
Rainbowman

Okay, here are my thoughts on the Vol. 62 SBS:

Quote:
-Time to start with the most interesting piece of info by far: WE GET THE NAME OF AKAINU'S FRUIT! Ol' admiral Clifford has the powers of the Magu Magu fruit (comes from "magma", obviously).
The info of our three admirals is now complete. Of course if there are new admirals to take the place of any that has been promoted, new info may be added unexpectantly. Now my hopes may be too high about new characters having devil fruit powers, but if a new admiral is to appear I'm guessing his color would be green and have plant-based powers.

Quote:
-Luffy's latest scar comes from when Akainu magma-fisted him and Jinbei at Marineford, as some of us already guessed.
No surprise there.

Quote:
-Turns out there was an error a few chapters back. Remember how Zoro's bounty was apparently raised to 160 million? Well, his bounty wasn't actually raised at all (meaning he's still a 120 million bounty supernova). Sorry, Zoro fans, but it looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer for his next bounty hike.....
Probably because Zoro never did anything that the marines witnessed. I look forward to Nami's next bounty hike after the events of Fishman Island and/or Mariejoie which I hope would be exactly the same (or close to it) as Bartholomew Kuma's bounty.

Quote:
-Interesting bit of trivia about the supernova Killer: Apparently, he eats while still wearing his mask. He chiefly eats pasta, and drinks sake through a straw.
I bet Killer could only eat ground meat with his pasta while wearing his mask. I usually have ground beef with my pasta. Speaking of which, how would he eat macaroni (and other pasta that's made into bits)?

Quote:
-Apparently, Luffy going back and forth from fat to skinny and fat again while eating takoyaki in volume 51 has something to do with a "diet rebound" (lol).
I'd have thought Luffy can perform Life Return and not even know it. I remember how Kumadori of CP9 has been doing that.

Quote:
-Remember the sketches from OP Green that showed Katarina was originally going to be some hot cat-eared samurai chick? Turns out Oda changed his mind on that since he ultimately decided that Blackbeard's crew would be the most piratelike one of them all, and having someone cute like that as a part of the crew wouldn't fit (personally, I totally agree with him on this one).
If that's the case I'll bet someone will parody One Piece's version of Blackbeard's crew to sing something like this:

We're ugly We're ugly as sin
But beautiful's out, ugly's in
If you're ugly like me, you're in good company
There are millions of us who're ugly

Quote:
-The Goa kingdom's Grey Terminal slum is based on the Smoky Mountains from the Phillipines.
I wonder if Oda has ever visited the Phillipines?

Quote:
-Uh, so apparently a Penis Fleur would be possible if a dude ate Robin's DF.....
Quite useful for getting multiple women pregnant at the same time.

Quote:
-And on that note, the clouds Oda draws are based on his farts....
Ugh... If my brother knows about that, I'll never hear the end of it. Everytime he hears flatuent noises, he pretends to take whatever foul smell that comes from it and send all of it inside my nose, and that annoys me. < (pretending to vomit)

Quote:
-Going back to non-silly trivia, we get some interesting info about Law: The supernova's habit of addressing people with the suffix of "-ya" is a way that people from the Edo period addressed each other by their profession.
So for example he would adress Wapol as Wapolya or Keimi as Keimiya, am I right?

Quote:
-And on that note, we get the names of those other two dudes from Law's crew: Penguin (the dude with the "penguin" hat, obviously), and Shachi (uh, that other dude with a hat. His name means killer whale/orca).
I can't be sure how many men Law has in his crew in all honesty.

Quote:
-Now here's something real interesting: Oda seems to imply that Garp's "Fist of Love" from W7 was literally using the power of love, NOT Haki. This may be further explored in the future.....
If that was the power of love, certainly didn't have any compassion in it.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:34   Link #146
marvelB

BUMP! It's about time for volume 63's release, so you know what that means! Our first SBS pic has been leaked (courtesy of AP as usual), and it's quite an awesome one:

SHICHIBUKAI AS KIDS!!! Wow, I love kid Moria and Dofla's designs (I especially like how Moria actually has legs)! I'm fond of the younger Kuma and Blackbeard, as well (though the latter looks mighty similar to Hody Jones there). Crocodile's design reminds me of how Ace looked as a kid, while Mihawk (at least to me) resembles a black-haired Zoro. Hancock...... is basically a Robin clone.

More pics and/or info shall be posted when available......
Old 2011-08-02, 22:43   Link #147
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This is awesome to see. Now the Shichibukai have official child forms.~

Moria was pretty slim back when he was a kid, he was slim in chapter 0 too as well. Did he just get lazy between then and the present time?

Guess this dis-spells the rumor of Crocodile originally being a woman.~

Kuma has really changed drastically too, he has a similar build but seeing him with a buzz-cut and without any cyborg enhancements is quite something.~

Doflamingo smoked when he was just a kid? Must've always been quite the punk then.

And yeah, I mistook Blackbeard for Hodi for a moment there. too.

Really anxious to see the rest of the SBS, but I doubt anything else can top this. I'm expecting a wave of fanart with these now revealed.~
Old 2011-08-02, 22:58   Link #148
marvelB

So first he did CP9 as kids, and now the warlords..... Oda should really do the marines next. Seeing the 3 admirals as little tykes would be the most awesome thing ever (I ESPECIALLY want to see how kid Kizaru looked).
Old 2011-08-02, 23:49   Link #149
james0246

Doflamingo's design kicks ass.

That being said, I wonder if Crocodile's design will stave of further speculation that he was originally a girl, or if the design is androgynous enough that fans will still hope for Fem-Croc....
Old 2011-08-02, 23:59   Link #150
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Gotta say that Kuma as a child looks the most drastically different. Kind of strange how Blackbeard looks disgruntled. The other members are what I would expect.
Old 2011-08-03, 08:33   Link #151
Undertaker

I don't know, I kind of expected Kuma's look. It's a look of stereotypical post-WWII Asian kid, poor, quiet, studious.

Only one I can't quite match their adult image is Croc.

It also looks to me that Moria is your typical fun, prank-loving kid. His fight wih Kaito must really messed me up and turned him into the cynical ass he is.

@marvelB: What's wrong with being like chibi-Robin, it's awsome-ly cute.

Alhough personally I don't find similarity between chibi-Hancock and chibi-Robin.

But with all the Chibi version, I hope Oda will feature them in Mugiwara Theaters for future data books. Actually, I hope he'll release anthology of Mugiwara Theaters after OP ended...
Old 2011-08-03, 12:21   Link #152
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@marvelB: What's wrong with being like chibi-Robin, it's awsome-ly cute.

Alhough personally I don't find similarity between chibi-Hancock and chibi-Robin.

There's nothing "wrong" with the resemblence per se, but I just kinda wish that Oda would give more of his "pretty" female characters more distinctive designs (i.e. having the mermaid princess maybe look more like her late mother rather than a giant pink-haired Nami clone ).

Anyways, no new SBS info yet, but here's something interesting nonetheless: The inside cover is actually different from the main one:

Spoiler:

Y'know, I think I actually prefer the alternate cover to the "main" one.

Also, something else interesting to note: It looks like the design for young Kuma was based on this real-life figure. In fact, you can even see that "Nonokin" is written on the cover of the book he's reading! Very interesting reference, there.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:44   Link #153
Undertaker

[QUOTE=marvelB;3714979]There's nothing "wrong" with the resemblence per se, but I just kinda wish that Oda would give more of his "pretty" female characters more distinctive designs (i.e. having the mermaid princess maybe look more like her late mother rather than a giant pink-haired Nami clone ).

I guess, but compare to other series, I still find female in OP more distinct from one another. As often as I read shojo (much more than my manhood should allows) I still have trouble figuring out who's who in most of the series and with harem type manga or love-sim games.

The cover is pretty interesting, I wonder if the Taiwan version will be the same...
Old 2011-08-03, 14:24   Link #154
marvelB

Just a heads-up: The rest of the SBS pics are out, but they haven't been translated yet. Well, except for one question anyway:

-Looks like someone asks Oda about Makino's baby in the ministory. While he does confirm that she has indeed became a mother, he doesn't directly state who the father is, obviously on purpose (he only refers to him as "that guy"). I still sorta have my doubts about the kid belonging to Shanks, but that's probably who Oda was referring to, after all.....
Old 2011-08-03, 15:31   Link #155
Undertaker

Or it could refer to the mayor....

Damn that old dog, didn't think he have that in him...
Old 2011-08-04, 13:20   Link #156
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I was hoping it's Aces child! Although that's pretty nasty as well... But it'd be awesome to see the "Gol. D" bloodline carry on.

Can't wait for the rest of the SBS to be translated. I'm always looking forward to a new SBS! (=
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 20:51   Link #157
marvelB

Okey-dokey, Greg from APforums gave a brief overview of the rest of the SBS questions (though he posted them at another forum aside from AP):

-Post-skip Chopper still has his trademark hat, but it's hidden under the helmet.

-He draws the sketch that Robin made of the Kraken.

-Remember Octopako, the octo-girl from Hachi's ministory? Looks like she actually appeared earlier in the current storyline! She was raised in Gyoverly Hills and dreams to marry one of the Neptune princes. Therefore, she got pretty darn jealous of Luffy and co. when they were invited to the palace despite them being total strangers in the island.

-Now here's an interesting one: While female mermaids' tails can split when they're older, the males' fins don't. It's also noted that mermaids who reach their 40s/50s tend to live on the surface (probably because the males of their species lose interest in them, lol).

-Looks like silhouettes of the Boa sisters were shown during the Tiger flashback, after all (chapter 620 for those who are curious).

-A kid asks Oda if mermaids poop, but Sanji cuts him off before he can answer (hoo, lordy.....).

-Apparently some guy asks Oda if the both of them are the only people around who wear panties on their heads.....

And that's about it! As expected, the younger Shichibukai and confirmation of Makino being a mother seem to be the most interesting content of this SBS (though I also liked Oda confirming that male mermaids' fins don't split). Not at all, if you ask me! BTW, it should also be noted that this volume contains 12 chapters, the most packed in a OP volume ever (I guess so Oda could get the flashback out of the way). But now, I eagerly await what answers Oda shall bring to us fans in volume 64!
Old 2011-08-05, 12:55   Link #158
Rainbowman

Quote:
-Post-skip Chopper still has his trademark hat, but it's hidden under the helmet.
I wonder how the trademark hat was able to fit under that helmut? Kinda reminds me of those Fitover sunglasses that cover eyewear and also the perfected 3-D glasses for viewing 3-D movies.

Quote:
-He draws the sketch that Robin made of the Kraken.
I guess Robin was thinking like Oda about what the Kraken would look like.

Quote:
-Remember Octopako, the octo-girl from Hachi's ministory? Looks like she actually appeared earlier in the current storyline! She was raised in Gyoverly Hills and dreams to marry one of the Neptune princes. Therefore, she got pretty darn jealous of Luffy and co. when they were invited to the palace despite them being total strangers in the island.
I wonder how Hacchi reacted about her dreams involving the Neptune princes?

Quote:
-Now here's an interesting one: While female mermaids' tails can split when they're older, the males' fins don't. It's also noted that mermaids who reach their 40s/50s tend to live on the surface (probably because the males of their species lose interest in them, lol).
Quite an interesting concept.

Quote:
-Looks like silhouettes of the Boa sisters were shown during the Tiger flashback, after all (chapter 620 for those who are curious).
The less said about the Boa sister of the Shichibukai the better.

Quote:
-A kid asks Oda if mermaids poop, but Sanji cuts him off before he can answer (hoo, lordy.....).
I agree with Sanji that it's not a subject to be discussing in public.

Quote:
-Apparently some guy asks Oda if the both of them are the only people around who wear panties on their heads.....
Well if I wanted to, I could wear a bra on my head. I don't know about doing so with panties though.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 11:48   Link #159
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
I was hoping it's Aces child! Although that's pretty nasty as well... But it'd be awesome to see the "Gol. D" bloodline carry on.

Ace? Pffft! The father is obviously Sabo! He knew that Makino would be depressed over Ace's death, so he made a little return trip to the Goa kingdom in order to "comfort" her.

BTW, I kinda wish that Oda went into more detail about the differences between male and female mermaids. Like, we now know that the male's fins don't split, but why is it that guys like Aladdin still seem more mobile on land than an unsplit female? Also, are male mermaids also 10 times stronger than humans like the fish-folk? It's already kinda clear that females are no different from human women in terms of strength (hell, it was even pointed out that Otohime was actually more fragile than the average mermaid), but guys like Hyouzou and the 3 princes seem to indicate that mer-males were born with monstrous strength, as well (either that, or their strength merely came from years of training). Maybe those questions will be addressed in a future chapter or SBS.....
Old 2011-08-06, 14:32   Link #160
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
Ace? Pffft! The father is obviously Sabo! He knew that Makino would be depressed over Ace's death, so he made a little return trip to the Goa kingdom in order to "comfort" her.
Yep. It's either a dead brother, a supposedly dead brother, or shanks
Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Pandaman or something...

About the younger Shichibuka image; I've been wondering why Teach looks like he is depressed? Perhaps we will be seeing a BB flashback sometime in the future.
Maybe he has a solid reason for taking this "evil" route to One Piece.
His epic speech back in Jaya keeps swaying me to believe that he's not as bad as he appears.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote