AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 07:17   Link #1121
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Forgot to say in my last post (was a little tired when I posted)..

I think the vice principal would have been harder to deal with if Wakana wasn't there (probably a one reason why her arc needed to be resolved first). It seems that she gave them a chance partly because Wakana reminds her of her friend (Wakana's mom). Konatsu also helped of course.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-08-22 at 08:08.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 11:47   Link #1122
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was a great episode! The characters are a lot deeper than I thought they were. I knew PA Works will save the best stuff later after episode 2.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 17:14   Link #1123
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently asked a friend of mine (who likes Tari Tari and is good at photoshop work) to do this for me.

Go Go Tari Rangers!!!

In tribute to Wien, of course.
Old 2012-08-22, 17:17   Link #1124
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just watched episode 5 and I cried lol xS
Old 2012-08-22, 17:18   Link #1125
Midonin
Last Engage

It's true Zyu/MMPR has the most exposure, but I wonder if another team would've fit them better. I want to say Fiveman - Konatsu using the Melody Tact would fit her perfectly.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 18:25   Link #1126
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just watched episodes 6 and 7 I love what the misunderstanding was funny when she thought her friend was short I still love what did watch the episode 8

and finally I have a favorite song for the ending
Old 2012-08-22, 18:41   Link #1127
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recently asked a friend of mine (who likes Tari Tari and is good at photoshop work) to do this for me.

Spoiler for Img:

Go Go Tari Rangers!!!

Haha, that is awesome. Sawa even has a bow and Tanaka has his 'badminton racket'.
Old 2012-08-22, 20:09   Link #1128
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

Go Go Tari Rangers!!!

That is made of win. Tell your friend that he just won an internetz kind sir.
Old 2012-08-23, 08:12   Link #1129
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
This is just a complete random observation, but it's always bothered me that all these high school based slice of life animes use flip phones instead of keeping up with modern technology. And I realized that Tari Tari is much the same... except for Sawa who uses a smartphone. Wtf at this discrimination. It's almost as if the creators know about this "flip-phone trope" and is trying to be meta about it by making just one character (the rich one) keep up with the times...

Then again, I'm probably just looking too deep into it... . But still flip phones! ARGH! They p*** me off!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 09:56   Link #1130
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
This is just a complete random observation, but it's always bothered me that all these high school based slice of life animes use flip phones instead of keeping up with modern technology. And I realized that Tari Tari is much the same... except for Sawa who uses a smartphone. Wtf at this discrimination. It's almost as if the creators know about this "flip-phone trope" and is trying to be meta about it by making just one character (the rich one) keep up with the times...

Then again, I'm probably just looking too deep into it... . But still flip phones! ARGH! They p*** me off!
Flip phones still are modern technology. It's not as common as the smartphone now, but to this day new flip phones are still being released and sold at major cellphone carriers. They're cheaper so a lot of Japanese students and kids still use it, especially those who live in smaller towns (which quite a lot of slice of life anime, like Tari Tari are based in) rather than in major cities.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 10:00   Link #1131
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Lol, it reminds me a little about Korean dramas, where the male lead will remove the batteries from the female lead's cellphone instead of just turning it off.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 15:56   Link #1132
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post

LOL I said something about this awhile back as well altho can't mind which series it was.
I can understand that there still is flip phones about but I rarely see one.
Maybe it's just cause I'm in the UK where pretty much everyone has a smart phone, I would have thought a place like Japan would be as trendy if not more so in keeping up with something such as phones.

Just remembered, I believe Natsurio Kiseki has the same thing with only one of the girls with a smart phone?
Old 2012-08-23, 18:39   Link #1133
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:

Go Go Tari Rangers!!!

hahaha lol
Old 2012-08-23, 18:56   Link #1134
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Now I know it won't sell as well as the others on this list when it's all said and done but still today Tari Tari Vol1 is sitting on top of the amazon preorder rankings

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Might only last one day but I wouldn't have bet on it happening coming into the season
Old 2012-08-23, 20:46   Link #1135
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Now I know it won't sell as well as the others on this list when it's all said and done but still today Tari Tari Vol1 is sitting on top of the amazon preorder rankings

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Might only last one day but I wouldn't have bet on it happening coming into the season
ouaaaou popular
Old 2012-08-23, 21:56   Link #1136
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Sphire, Dextro, and Chiaki-chan - I'm glad you guys liked the Tari Rangers pic! Don't worry, I passed your kind words on to the person who did the photoshop work.

On the flip-phone issue... I vaguely recall reading somewhere that flip-phones remained popular/'in vogue' longer in Japan than they did in the west. If so, maybe that can account for what Pocari Sweat noticed.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:19   Link #1137
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
re Phones: Just because 3G/4G phones are available doesn't mean that everyone would actually have them. There's the question of purchase power of the individual versus the price of the phones in question, and frankly I think smartphones are still too expensive.

Flip phones are still relatively cheap, accessible, and are easy to learn and use, which are pluses for a student.

For example, in my case I only recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy Ace II (for three months to be exact), but for six+ years before that I've stuck with a Motorolla W218. This, despite the fact that I've been working in the BPO business (which pays well here in the Philippines) since at LEAST 2008, which meant I could have bought a good phone anytime since then.
Old 2012-08-25, 10:58   Link #1138
Helius

Flip phones as what we've come to know in the western part of the world are not the same as those in Japan. The flip phones there are very much smartphones in their own right, with 3G, GPS, digital TV reception plus a lot of other features more advanced and unavailable elsewhere.

The "clamshell" style does not represent the lack of "smart-ness". It's just a design choice.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:55   Link #1139
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Sphire, Dextro, and Chiaki-chan - I'm glad you guys liked the Tari Rangers pic!
I find it funny no more
Old 2012-08-26, 22:42   Link #1140
pezzie

If anyone's having problems watching episode 9 because it's bugged on Crunchyroll, it's working on other devices because apparently it's had another encode. So you can still see it on your PS3, Android phone or tablet, or iPad if you've got the CR app.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works