AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 13:26   Link #1061
Midonin
Last Engage

The song what graces our ears is "Hyadain no Joujou Yuujou" or, roughly, translated, "Hyadain's Best Friendship".

It's a different kind of catchiness from the first OP. But it is catchy.

We've got a new ED too - and it's that song. Of all days, that song comes back to smile in my face with its melancholy yet hopeful tone.

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 13:58   Link #1062
Sides

Hmm snickers...
The new OP and ED show how much effort the makers are putting into their work. The timing in the OP is great. This show deserves more attention. I was wondering maybe they have a bad broadcasting time for the target audience.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 14:57   Link #1063
Dextro
He Without a Title

Hum... Still not nearly sold on the OP, sounds WAY too random to my ears. The animation on the other hand is great and shows the same quality the show has been showing so far, in particular those short bits with random slice of life details like the printer for example.

As for the ED I like it. It's very soothing and the animation makes it look like I'm looking from above at one of those scale models that some people build, mostly to help train sets look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
We've got a new ED too - and it's that song. Of all days, that song comes back to smile in my face with its melancholy yet hopeful tone.
hum... What do you mean that song?
Old 2011-07-02, 15:03   Link #1064
Midonin
Last Engage

"Tsubasa wo Kudasai", originally by Akai Tori, was introduced to me through K-ON!. I liked the lyrics, liked the tune, but was ignorant as to its origin. Then a whole bunch of stuff happened and the lyrics of the song took on an additional punch. Plus, today I started on playing a VN that also shares its name with the song. So while it's entirely in my head, it brings up a multitude of memories with conflicting emotions, thus why I referred to it as that song.
Old 2011-07-02, 15:35   Link #1065
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Hum... Still not nearly sold on the OP, sounds WAY too random to my ears. The animation on the other hand is great and shows the same quality the show has been showing so far, in particular those short bits with random slice of life details like the printer for example.

As for the ED I like it. It's very soothing and the animation makes it look like I'm looking from above at one of those scale models that some people build, mostly to help train sets look better.
I agree new OP seems too random song wise , but fine animation and the ED is good.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:06   Link #1066
rulfo

I gotta stop watching the OP2......

I don't really like it perse but those animation parts are just too good. At this rate the song will latch on to me like an earworm.

The ED on the other hand, was very relaxing. And also a pretty neat concept on the whole sequence. Still, I'm gonna miss the first ED though.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:09   Link #1067
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
"Tsubasa wo Kudasai", originally by Akai Tori, was introduced to me through K-ON!. I liked the lyrics, liked the tune, but was ignorant as to its origin. Then a whole bunch of stuff happened and the lyrics of the song took on an additional punch. Plus, today I started on playing a VN that also shares its name with the song. So while it's entirely in my head, it brings up a multitude of memories with conflicting emotions, thus why I referred to it as that song.
They seem to love using this song in anime, first version I heard was Megumi Hayashibara's interpretation of Tsubaa wo Kudasai from Eva 2.22, but there it is used to emphasize the terror of some scenes. Amazing how context influences the impact.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:29   Link #1068
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The ending is so peaceful to watch. But it really makes the lack of perspective change noticeable and strange, in my opinion...

And the animation for the ending is amazing! Not a big fan of the song, but the animation! Amazing!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 17:52   Link #1069
Rungelunge

It will take some listenings but the new OP is win
Rungelunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 18:02   Link #1070
rulfo

Just watched the RAWS this ep was great.

None of those momentum breakers(the slow still shots or whatever you call those). I wonder if they'll keep this up.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 19:34   Link #1071
Peanutbutter

The ED is freaking amazing. So much detail and work in it.

The OP, need a few more listens.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 22:25   Link #1072
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

The ED reminded me of those medieval Asian long scroll paintings.

And ep 14 has a really long _________ scene.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 23:33   Link #1073
Midonin
Last Engage

I've already given my thoughts on the new OP/ED, including that song. So for tonight, it's 99.8% focus on the tale that unfolds.

"I don't really understand, but it sounds incredible."

That line of Mio's is a most accurate summation of the universe of Nichijou as a whole. The Go-Soccer club doesn't understand that unlike, say, Genesis, their game not only has rules, but a league, a history, lurking beneath their school. Strangely, as Nano gets closer to the school, Yuuko gets farther away, and the difference in dynamics comes to a fever pitch. The Shinonome family may be immature - childlike, catlike and chronolike - but there's a genuine affection beneath it all.

On the other hand, had it not been for Yuuko's slip of the tongue, a friendship could've broken right there. But the rubber band of light that enwraps this universe and creates a rainbow pulled them back together.

Friendships are fragile, family is forever, but this contrast can only be brought up because they exist in the same universe. If you remove Yuuko, Mai and Mio, Nano has no normal life to aspire to. If you remove the Shinonome lab, Mio has no amazing stories to not understand, and loses one of her new friends. They've always existed in the same universe but now, more than ever, they're inseparable.
Old 2011-07-03, 00:43   Link #1074
Peanutbutter

One of the questions I've been thinking about Nano going to school, is how Nano will actually sit in class. The chair will definitely interfere with the key on her back.

It was definitely great to see that this was covered, by simply having Nano turn her chair 90 degrees.

Well-done.

And the Mio/Yuuko scene was epic. Finally, Mio has spoken out all my thoughts on Yuuko so far. The end was cliche but whatever.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:09   Link #1075
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Incredible episode directed by none other than Kyoani veteran Yoshiji Kigami. The Yuuko-Mio scene was awesomely chaotic. Animation this episode was stellar all around. Truly a joy to watch.

This episode also start to make me feel like I could care about these characters. Theres a semblance of coherence in the presentation of the sketches, and they link together to make a whole.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:20   Link #1076
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I guess patience is the key to this series. Let us see where it goes.
Old 2011-07-03, 01:40   Link #1077
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I've now got Mio saying "Yakisoba dai yo!" stuck in my head.

Listening to the audio over and over again while typesetting does.

Also, loving the new OP, but not for the song. Mostly for DAT NANO.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:54   Link #1078
Dr. Casey

Damn, that was one hell of a fight between Mio and Yuuko, that was honestly more gripping than most serious dramas I've seen. Not even the chick that's tsundere for Sasahara could cause that much chaos. It's nice to have Nano cross paths with Mio, Yuuko, and Mai; if this is the standard the rest of the series holds up to, then the second half of Nichijou should be a lot richer than the first (And I've always enjoyed the show, minus the meh OVA).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 02:31   Link #1079
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Wait, I've got a question. Is this episode the last episode or is Nichijou going for a full 2-cour season?
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 02:34   Link #1080
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Wait, I've got a question. Is this episode the last episode or is Nichijou going for a full 2-cour season?
Nichijou is going to be 26 episodes long, so 2-cour.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life